• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We see Shadow losing the emerald right after Sonic enters the portal. He just didn't have enough time to use Chaos Control.
One could argue that Shadow chose not to -Or didn't have a reason to teleport interdimensionally, as he likely didn't know about the Shatterverses yet- try to teleport interdimensionally.
By that logic, Shadow hasn't shown the lack of capability, just the lack of initiative, presuming going into the "spacetime gap" =/= Dimensional Travel.

Plot-Induced Stupidity, or PIS for short, is a term used to refer to events in a story that contradict a character's normal capabilities for the purpose of the plot.

So what's the basis of calling it Plot-Induced Stupidity when it's not that he's not capable, but rather, didn't choose to interdimensionally teleport, since at the moment, he was trying to catch up to Sonic, & thus, didn't have reason to interdimensionally teleport?

ok,what are we trying to discuss here?
My initial curiousity was the intricate details of the steps of Shadow (Sonic Prime)'s teleportation via Chaos Control, as, between initiating his teleport & returning from it, he was unaffected by the Paradox Prism's shattering's effects, which we rate as having Low Multiversal AP & Range.

From what I've read, he's demonstrated interdimensional Dimensional Travel teleportation range via Chaos Control teleportation, something to do with a "spacetime gap" in earlier game entries, & supposedly, his capabilities were nerfed in more recent entries?

Furthermore, if Shadow has such travel via his teleportation -Especially if he can do so without a Chaos Emerald-, I was wondering if it's a matter of lack of capability, or lack of reason/motive (Preoccupied by trying to teleport to the drifting Sonic.) at the time.
After all, if Shadow could teleport interdimensionally, especially without a Chaos Emerald, he'd be able to enter the Shatterverses.

My initial curiousity was the intricate details of the steps of Shadow (Sonic Prime)'s teleportation via Chaos Control, as, between initiating his teleport & returning from it, he was unaffected by the Paradox Prism's shattering's effects, which we rate as having Low Multiversal AP & Range.

From what I've read, he's demonstrated interdimensional Dimensional Travel teleportation range via Chaos Control teleportation, something to do with a "spacetime gap" in earlier game entries, & supposedly, his capabilities were nerfed in more recent entries?

Furthermore, if Shadow has such travel via his teleportation -Especially if he can do so without a Chaos Emerald-, I was wondering if it's a matter of lack of capability, or lack of reason/motive (Preoccupied by trying to teleport to the drifting Sonic.) at the time.
After all, if Shadow could teleport interdimensionally, especially without a Chaos Emerald, he'd be able to enter the Shatterverses.
don't think he was nerfed,IDW nerfs the characters,but the nerfs are not gonna affect the games(the games will overide IDW obviosly)i think shadow just wanted to get close to sonic,and he try to new yoke by himself and not using chaos control because,i guess he didn't find it neccesary.

don't think he was nerfed,IDW nerfs the characters,but the nerfs are not gonna affect the games(the games will overide IDW obviosly)
Is there evidence in games released after the IDW nerf that Shadow can interdimensionally teleport?
i think shadow just wanted to get close to sonic,and he try to new yoke by himself and not using chaos control because,i guess he didn't find it neccesary.
Understandable. Given he had reason to not try to teleport interdimensionally at the time, would you call that PIS?

Also, what are the intricate steps of a Chaos Control teleport?

Ex?:
1. Initiate.
2. Go to "spacetime gap".
2-A. Hold position in spacetime gap? Indefinitely? Stamina cost? Time passage?
3. Return.
How does it differ when having or not having a Chaos Emerald?

Why would the Paradox Prism's effects not affect Shadow if it has Low Multiversal Range?

Is there evidence in games released after the IDW nerf that Shadow can interdimensionally teleport?
You mean Mania Encore and Team Sonic Racing? One's a spin-off with cars and one takes place at a point in the timeline before Shadow is even around.

Not like it's needed. It's an established ability that Chaos Control offers throughout the framchise, a secondary canon show with writers that consumed but a fraction of the franchise compared to even the more casual Sonic fans doesn't invalidate that. You're letting the inconsistencies bother you too much in a franchise known for its inconsistency.
Also, what are the intricate steps of a Chaos Control teleport? Ex?: SNIP.
We don't have solid answers for this aside from what we gathered in Prime, which is that using Chaos Control seems to spatially remove the user from the universe during the time it's used.
How does it differ when having or not having a Chaos Emerald?
We don't know yet and tbh I doubt we'll find out.

please,prime is more easy to see that sonic aosth.
I've barely watched any AoStH. Didn't really pique my interest. From what I watched it was tolerable (Some funny scenes in it), but I wouldn't go out of my way to binge it. It's not hard to watch Prime, but it'd be hard to binge it. It'd be hard to watch it for a long time. I may get bored and do something else or fall asleep. I'll prolly try to watch a few episodes a week or smth.

I've barely watched any AoStH. Didn't really pique my interest. From what I watched it was tolerable (Some funny scenes in it), but I wouldn't go out of my way to binge it. It's not hard to watch Prime, but it'd be hard to binge it. It'd be hard to watch it for a long time. I may get bored and do something else or fall asleep. I'll prolly try to watch a few episodes a week or smth.
laser:i will watch a few episodes a week or so.
me:watching all of prime in the same day since it appers,yeah

laser:i will watch a few episodes a week or so.
me:watching all of prime in the same day since it appers,yeah
You have a much stronger will than I do when it comes to this. I could binge smth like S2 or S3 of Sonic X. But doing so for Prime requires another level of bravery and grit.

You have a much stronger will than I do when it comes to this. I could binge smth like S2 or S3 of Sonic X. But doing so for Prime requires another level of bravery and grit.
not really,form me watching sonic prime is like watching any other series that i want to watch.
my true problem is watching one piece...

I don't blame you for not being able to binge One Piece. I haven't even started with that series.
images
images

Btw i have a loot of Sonic Match upps ideas

Shadow Modern vs Necrozma
Sonic Adventure vs Saitama
Super Sonic, Shadow and Silver vs Dialga, Palkia y Giratina

Back