• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Question of the day. We all know in SA2 we had the ultimate pre-final fight with Sonic vs Shadow. The conclusion was a hot topic back in the day and I'm bringing it back.

Who won the fight between Sonic and Shadow? Personally, I feel Sonic won

Sonic canonically, or else he'd be dead. Shadow's goal was to kill Sonic aboard the Ark, and they aren't the type for dialogue when they can be exchanging fists.

Sonic canonically, or else he'd be dead. Shadow's goal was to kill Sonic aboard the Ark, and they aren't the type for dialogue when they can be exchanging fists.
sonic vs shadow:
in sonic x:a fight with dumb animation
in sonic boom:rough animation
in sonic prime:cool animation.
in sonic IDW:MUCHO TEXTO

IDW Sonic Vol. 2
You mean the time they immediately started getting physical over Mr. Tinker, and them only meaningfully talking with Shadow physically pinning Sonic against a tree? There was exchanging in dialogue, sure, but they had no qualms with simultaneously fighting either.

It's also far later into knowing each other by that point. They're allies

Last edited:
Question of the day. We all know in SA2 we had the ultimate pre-final fight with Sonic vs Shadow. The conclusion was a hot topic back in the day and I'm bringing it back.

Who won the fight between Sonic and Shadow? Personally, I feel Sonic won
Sonic, in SHTH Shadow throws back the words "Game Over" at him once he beats him and it's implied in the Dark Ending to the True Hero path he aided Black Doom at he last second to fight and beat Sonic ("This time you're going down Sonic!")

Question, why are so many Sonic profiles listed as “4-C to 4-A” without a Variable tier? Is it that they get stronger over time, or something like that?

It covers a stretch ranging from Adventure to Battle/Post Battle, with the 4-A only coming in at or after Battle.

Or it’s a holdover from before the CRT to make everyone flat 4-A who scales to Ultimate Emerl.

Question, why are so many Sonic profiles listed as “4-C to 4-A” without a Variable tier? Is it that they get stronger over time, or something like that?
shoving entire eras in one key, i am covering this and making an adventure era profile, i will suggest new keys in a future thread tho

Question that I’ve had since the spindash thread is, why is triple boost being treated as stacking boost amps onto boost amps? The move has the characters boost alongside each other simultaneously, so unless it’s stated that their energy is allowing multiple layers of boost on a single boost, shouldn’t it not really give any speed amp at all, or just do 2-3x the standard boost?

And in regards to his fate manipulation resistance, is it fair to give it to him when his fate was averted by Shahra sacrificing herself to save him? Unless it’s argued Sonic passively changed destiny by forcing Shahra to sacrifice herself to save him.

Last edited:
How about the triple boost, is there a reason for it to be multiple layers of boost instead of just a stronger boost at the same speed tier or just 3x faster than a normal boost

How about the triple boost, is there a reason for it to be multiple layers of boost instead of just a stronger boost at the same speed tier or just 3x faster than a normal boost
There's actually a thread planned for this because some have been receiving conflicting answers from staff.

Omega/Laser are making the thread for it some time soon I think.

Question that I’ve had since the spindash thread is, why is triple boost being treated as stacking boost amps onto boost amps? The move has the characters boost alongside each other simultaneously
it has them use multiple boosts at once

, so unless it’s stated that their energy is allowing multiple layers of boost on a single boost, shouldn’t it not really give any speed amp at all
this is explicitly against what the game tells so no

, or just do 2-3x the standard boost?
it is the way it is for the same reason ssjB kaioken is the way it is.

It’s weird cuz, they’re boosting right next to each other, if they both are boosting at the same speed why would it be a speed amp.

It’s weird cuz, they’re boosting right next to each other, if they both are boosting at the same speed why would it be a speed amp.
why are you assuming that they are just boosting next to eachother? they are combining their boosts into one, why do you think that they have a bigger aura instead of 2 individual ones?

Sure, but what proves that it’s stacking one boost on another instead of adding them together.

And a bigger aura can still be done by increasing the overall strength and range of the boost’s destruction.

Sure, but what proves that it’s stacking one boost on another instead of adding them together.
you just said the same thing twice, it is using 2 multipliers at the same time, no different than goku using kaioken and ssj1 at the same time

And a bigger aura can still be done by increasing the overall strength and range of the boost’s destruction.
which means that they are combining the boosts, also it would combine power and range but not speed because?

Because it’s just two characters running side by side, obviously their range would be increased as a result.

And also no, adding two amps together is not the same as multiplying one amp by another, the latter is much stronger.

Because it’s just two characters running side by side, obviously their range would be increased as a result.
If it was just 2 characters running why would the auras combine instead of just being on their own? Why does it go faster than regular boost? Why would the range and power be upgraded at all? According you they are doing nothing more than running side by side, newsflash, they are already doing this in the normal stages

And also no, adding two amps together is not the same as multiplying one amp by another, the latter is much stronger.
Tell me, if i use one multiplier, and then i use another while still using the first, what happens?

Thus getting applied twice, one boost, and then another one, what is the confusion?
You’re assuming that the second boost applies the boost amp to the first booster, when it could just be that the final speed is 2 or 3x faster than a standard boost because you’re adding 1 boost to another.

You’re assuming that the second boost applies the boost amp to the first booster
yeah, the most simpler, less assumptions route, why do you think that it is far faster than normal boost?

, when it could just be that the final speed is 2 or 3x faster than a standard boost because you’re adding 1 boost to another.
in this case you would only be adding the final result of the multiplier rather than the multiplier itself, really not getting your example here

@LaserPrecision can you calc the feat of sonic sending a shockwave that shout down. new yoke but counting that he also managed to reach shadow, which was outside of that dimension.
Calc what about it? Speed, AP? Can't really calc speed of it if Shadow was outside the dimension because we don't know how far the other dimensions are from the one Sonic was in. AP would be nothing noteworthy.

Calc what about it? Speed, AP? Can't really calc speed of it if Shadow was outside the dimension because we don't know how far the other dimensions are from the one Sonic was in. AP would be nothing noteworthy.
There is one thing i think it may be worth calcing, shadow said that he was launched to the "edge of the void" or something like that, it may be worth a calc? Pherhaps?

There is one thing i think it may be worth calcing, shadow said that he was launched to the "edge of the void" or something like that, it may be worth a calc? Pherhaps?
I haven't watched Prime at all except for the first episode cuz it seemed kinda stupid (Which is weird considering how much of Sonic Boom I consumed). I dunno what a "void" is.

I haven't watched Prime at all except for the first episode cuz it seemed kinda stupid (Which is weird considering how much of Sonic Boom I consumed). I dunno what a "void" is.
Welp.......you should watch it, it is good my man, time for me to do my very 4th calculation of the site it seems, good thing that it is a simpler one

Back