• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Welp.......you should watch it, it is good my man, time for me to do my very 4th calculation of the site it seems, good thing that it is a simpler one
It looks good in terms of animation. But episode 1 was bordering cringe with the dialogue. I might just binge it on account of it being Sonic, but I pray it gets better after episode 1.

yeah, the most simpler, less assumptions route, why do you think that it is far faster than normal boost?

in this case you would only be adding the final result of the multiplier rather than the multiplier itself, really not getting your example here
It can still be faster than a normal boost by being 2-3x faster, and my point was if you add the power gained by one boost to the itself (like what the double boost is, 2x a boost), then that is a simpler solution.

It looks good in terms of animation. But episode 1 was bordering cringe with the dialogue. I might just binge it on account of it being Sonic, but I pray it gets better after episode 1.
i read people say ''i don't like sonic prime,and i watched the 8 episodes''but you,only one episode???and you watched sonic boom?are you crazy out of your mind?

i read people say ''i don't like sonic prime,and i watched the 8 episodes''but you,only one episode???and you watched sonic boom?are you crazy out of your mind?
Tbf, I watched Boom years ago when I was younger. Wouldn't put myself through watching it again. Prime is so far looking like Sonic Boom with a higher budget, and someone more corny dialogue (It's at least not as boring so far tho).

The Triple and Double boost is weird because the Avatar hasn't shown any example outside of Team ups with Sonic that they can boost at all.

Classic Sonic did... kind of... but he was capable of being really close. Avatar had no examples.
We do know that Sonic can transfer his speed to other entities shown in Sonic Generations and Advance 3.

The Triple and Double boost is weird because the Avatar hasn't shown any example outside of Team ups with Sonic that they can boost at all.

Classic Sonic did... kind of... but he was capable of being really close. Avatar had no examples.
We do know that Sonic can transfer his speed to other entities shown in Sonic Generations and Advance 3.
so he can control his speed to give speed to others.

It can still be faster than a normal boost by being 2-3x faster
Yeah, it can, any reason why this would be the true of what is happening?

and my point was if you add the power gained by one boost to the itself (like what the double boost is, 2x a boost), then that is a simpler solution.
Not really since you wouldn't be using 3 boosts at once in this scenario, also, you just described what i am saying, using boost 2x at once, aka applying the multiplier 2x at once, also you are describing that the characters are, instead of unifiying their boosts with one another, that they are somehow transfering their stats to one another, which has little to no support in the game, it can't be a simplet solutions if it requires more assumptions than the other said solution: they are combining their individual boosts into 1 bigger one, thus applying the multiplier multiples times over, how could your solution even possibly be the simpler one?

Don't see how that makes it weird, they are shown to be able to to stack it with sonic

Every double boost would be an example that they can

No, we know that he can make people faster arround him, aka stats amplification, not that he can transfer techniques to other people, plus that wouldn't explain how sonic himself also gets faster

They would definitely be using 3 boosts at once if they achieved a speed that was 3x above a single boost, via adding the potency of 3 boosts together instead of multiplying them.

They would definitely be using 3 boosts at once if they achieved a speed that was 3x above a single boost, via adding the potency of 3 boosts together instead of multiplying them.
Aka applying the boost 3 times over and multiplying the base speed by the boost 3 times over, really, you are agreeing with me here yet you aren't, seriously by your logic i am correct in what i am saying

Literally no, I’m saying to ADD the boost amps together, like if Sonic’s boost was X speed and the Avatar and Classic’s were y and z speed then the total speed should be X+y+z, not X times y times z.

Literally no, I’m saying to ADD the boost amps together, like if Sonic’s boost was X speed and the Avatar and Classic’s were y and z speed then the total speed should be X+y+z, not X times y times z.
Then you are saying to add the end result of them boosting their speed together? As in, the end of the speed stat of them individually to be fused together instead of the boost amp itself? Sorry but i don't follow the logic here, again, in this case the boosts would not even be combined, only the final speed stat of them would, which once again, you have no evidence for such convoluted claim, you somehow need to prove that the thing that is obviously combining multiple boosts into 1, aka using multiple boosts into eachother for greater speed, is actually the character fusing one part of their stats together and applying to eachother....you seriously believe this convuluted mess is the simpler solution?

Yes, better that then saying the triple boost is a boost to the power of 3 which is also pretty insubstantiated.
it is one multiplier being used 3 times over, this is visually shown to us, are you actually going to explain why your interpretation is the simplest one or?

Because it’s not a multiplier being used 3x over, it’s three character using a single multiplier each that get added together into a single entity, aka 3x the speed of a single character boosting.

Because it’s not a multiplier being used 3x over, it’s three character using a single multiplier each that get added together into a single entity, aka 3x the speed of a single character boosting.
so instead of the simpler option of them combining the 3 boosts into one, hence the bigger aura and the name, you are assuming that they are somehow combining their speeds into one via using the boost individually and running side by side, seriously, if it is them doing nothing more than just boosting alongside each other, then why do they need a wind up for it? why does the auras fuse into one? more over, if they are doing nothing more than boosting individually, how would that make them faster? what would be the point?

Them doing a windup or combining their auras doesn’t prove that the boosts are being stacked, but I’m tired of arguing this rn, I’ll wait for the blog and see the arguments there.

I just watched the new Sonic Prime episode.
It premiered on Netflix After School, a seemingly official Youtube channel:

What are the current points of discussion?
Personally, I'm interested in that using Chaos Control before the Prism shattered made Shadow reappear AFTER the reality was shattered.
This means there's a delay between Chaos Control's initiation & resolution, however small, long enough for reality to be erased/replaced/altered by the shattered Paradox Prism's effects. before Shadow reappears.

& considering Shadow wasn't erased/replaced/altered like it seems to be implied happened to Sonic's friends, this would also suggest he was separate from it. Temporarily not there? Does Chaos Control's teleportation temporarily put him outside of the spacetime that the Paradox Prism affected?

Considering Sonic Prime is supposedly canon to the games, too....

Why wouldn't the manipulation of Cyberespace qualify for Type 2 Information Manipulation but only Data Manipulation?
Information Manipulation, as far as I know, requires the information to have some kind of universal existence as a natural thing in the verse that can be manipulated universally from a certain X to a Y.

A digital universe in its own doesn't qualify for that if it's something like our own world making digital universes, it has no fundamental relationship with reality and only affects the digital universe and those converted to it.

This might change in the DLC Update depending on how much more they are expanding it from what I have seen from the leakes. Would be a nice change considering the Cyberspace lore we got after the game from Ian Flynn in Q&A was much more in "it's just a literal digital computer that archived memories and makes up cyber stuff with advanced programming, not its own plane of existence".

& considering Shadow wasn't erased/replaced/altered like it seems to be implied happened to Sonic's friends, this would also suggest he was separate from it. Temporarily not there? Does Chaos Control's teleportation temporarily put him outside of the spacetime that the Paradox Prism affected?
Yeah, Chaos Control allowed Shadow to dodge it. So, sure.

Yeah, Chaos Control allowed Shadow to dodge it. So, sure.
"Dodge" feels like a dubious word for "be temporarily removed from the space time continuum so as to be excluded from anything happening to it".

AFAIK, other than Shadow initiating the Chaos Control teleport, he didn't have agency in what happened during the process of his Chaos Control, especially the relevant apparent erasure of Green Hill Zone.

Like, normally, if you dodge something, you choose in which direction to move in, & move in that direction. Shadow initiated Chaos Control to teleport, presumably away, & then, apparently, the erasure happened in his absence.

Also, YAAAYYY, someone else who cares to discuss Sonic Prime stuff!!

pxRvdo3.png

Yes, I was just going to share it as well. Ever since Sonic Battle it has been established that Shadow can enter the rift between Space-Time (時空のはざま,
Jikū no hazama). I do want to see more stuff from Battle being used. The current lore master also pointed on Sonic Battle as a game that has interesting stuff he would like to explore in the future.

(Frontiers leaks spoilers)At least Tails seems to be using the cannon he used in Battle

He can travel thru another dimension or a space-time gap while using chaos control.
But those are done passively/involuntarily while just doing a teleport, even 1 that just moves like, a few meters away?
When Shadow was trying to teleport away from the Paradox Prism, I doubt he intended to retreat to another dimension.

Also, that first scan says he has "space-time movement" & calls him Dimension Master as a title. The 2nd scan is more clarifying, though. Thanks.
I don't think I really doubted that Shadow can travel interdimensionally.

Although, my mind's more on the fact that even what was seemingly just a short-range teleport involves teleporting to this "space-time gap".

& apparently doing this either extempted Shadow from the shattered Paradox Prism's effects, or singled him out while he was in the "space-time gap" to send him into... shatterspace, was it?

Although, if Shadow CAN travel interdimensionally, it begs the question of why he DOESN'T in Sonic Prime; He takes great issue with being unable to enter the Shard Worlds. The Shatterverses, I think they're called?

Although, if Shadow CAN travel interdimensionally, it begs the question of why he DOESN'T in Sonic Prime; He takes great issue with being unable to enter the Shard Worlds. The Shatterverses, I think they're called?
This is a bit inconsistent, but according to the current settings, Shadow can't use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald or enough access to chaos energy (Either by chaos sources nearby or his own internal sources). That is even why Shadow went on to get a Chaos Emerald in Prime. Since Shadow lost his chaos emerald into the depths of the void, he just can't use that level of chaos control anymore (Not that we know if they could be used to get into the Shard worlds, at least in IDW they are putting a bunch of limitations to what the characters can do or not in regards to time travel, dimensional travel and so on. Sol Emeralds, for example, now can only be used to travel between two physical points in Sonic and Blaze's worlds and nowhere else.

"Dodge" feels like a dubious word for "be temporarily removed from the space time continuum so as to be excluded from anything happening to it".

AFAIK, other than Shadow initiating the Chaos Control teleport, he didn't have agency in what happened during the process of his Chaos Control, especially the relevant apparent erasure of Green Hill Zone.

Like, normally, if you dodge something, you choose in which direction to move in, & move in that direction. Shadow initiated Chaos Control to teleport, presumably away, & then, apparently, the erasure happened in his absence.

well chaos control is able to make him "hide" in another space

I think maybe the space-time gap/dimension in Battle works like a personal subspace for Shadow/Emerl. Even before the IDW mega nerf without an emerald Shadow could slow down time & create rifts in the Rivals Games but he could not escape Ifrit's dimension without an emerald.

This is a bit inconsistent, but according to the current settings, Shadow can't use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald or enough access to chaos energy (Either by chaos sources nearby or his own internal sources). That is even why Shadow went on to get a Chaos Emerald in Prime. Since Shadow lost his chaos emerald into the depths of the void, he just can't use that level of chaos control anymore (Not that we know if they could be used to get into the Shard worlds, at least in IDW they are putting a bunch of limitations to what the characters can do or not in regards to time travel, dimensional travel and so on. Sol Emeralds, for example, now can only be used to travel between two physical points in Sonic and Blaze's worlds and nowhere else.
We see him having the Green Chaos Emerald in Avoid the Void. He loses it during the process of that episode. (Supposedly, into the life-consuming void.)

Still, surely he's had nothing but time, no? & he had the Green Chaos Emerald before unfortunately dropping it into the void, right?
So, prior to losing the Green Chaos Emerald midway through Avoid the Void, Shadow should've been able to use Chaos Control to interdimensionally teleport & go into 1 of the Shatterverses from the Shatterspace, right?

If it can enable Interdimensional Travel, why shouldn't Chaos Control be able to get him into Shardverses/Shard Worlds?

& dare I ask, what reason is that?
Because it's made by a bunch of writers who, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played the series beyond a few of the classic titles.

Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it's bound to lead to story inconsistencies and we see that. I mean, everybody living in Green Hill? They've just recently been doubling down on Sonic not having a home. Rouge being a core member of "Team Sonic" (though Rouge deserved it) is another, Sonic being surprised by non-Flicky powered Badniks, etc. There's a ton of inconsistencies, I think it's best to ignore 'em.

I ******* love Sonic Prime dude

Because it's made by a bunch of writers who, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played the series beyond a few of the classic titles.

Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it's bound to lead to story inconsistencies and we see that. I mean, everybody living in Green Hill? They've just recently been doubling down on Sonic not having a home. Rouge being a core member of "Team Sonic" (though Rouge deserved it) is another, Sonic being surprised by non-Flicky powered Badniks, etc. There's a ton of inconsistencies, I think it's best to ignore 'em.
every time there is the ''badniks without flicky''then i remember that in Murder of sonic the hedgehog,eggman comes again a gives one of the robots a flicky.
which could mean that he is still using flickies,which will not contradict anything real(also,no character in the canon ever stops to say that the robots have no flickies,they are just like ''well,ok''.)

Because he lost the Chaos Emerald. He needs one to travel through dimensions.

Like Executor said, Shadow could warp out of space since Battle.
I wasn't, & haven't been questioning if Shadow has the capability to teleport out of space, I'm questioning the choice of terminology given its implications about Shadow's agency in some of the ability's precise functioning.

Because he lost the Chaos Emerald. He needs one to travel through dimensions.
But he had it during a good period of the time he was in the Shatter Space Void place.

Not really. Re-watch the scene. He lost almost immediately.

Shadow says he's tracked Sonic as he went from Gateway to Gateway.
Besides that Sonic's travel from gateway to gateway typically happens at the end of visits, & he didn't get to New Yoke via a gateway.... (& even if he did, it's unlikely Shadow was tracking him at that point, as he'd have just arrived in Shatterspace, let alone had time to investigate things; He'd only just recently learned of the Yellow Shatterspace Shard's portal.)

Then we see a flashback of him being repelled from New Yoke's Shatterspace portal.
It's unclear if it was during Sonic's 1st or 2nd visit to New Yoke.

During what times in New Yoke did Sonic receive messages from Shadow? Presumably, Sonic can receive messages from him at those points.

But IIRC, wasn't Shadow's 1st contact to Sonic in New Yoke when Sonic was generating energy for the Council's tests?
Sonic had already spent some time in New Yoke at that point.

& Shadow doesn't like working together if he can help it. He surely would have had the time & motive to try Chaos Control teleporting out of there before contacting Sonic.

Shadow says he's tracked Sonic as he went from Gateway to Gateway.

Then we see a flashback of him being repelled from New Yoke's Shatterspace portal.
It's unclear if it was during Sonic's 1st or 2nd visit to New Yoke.

During what times in New Yoke did Sonic receive messages from Shadow? Presumably, Sonic can receive messages from him at those points.

But IIRC, wasn't Shadow's 1st contact to Sonic in New Yoke when Sonic was generating energy for the Council's tests?
Sonic had already spent some time in New Yoke at that point.

& Shadow doesn't like working together if he can help it. He surely would have had the time & motive to try Chaos Control teleporting out of there before contacting Sonic.

0:40

Back