• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh that old blog? I think it was disregarded since there wasn't any proof those were actually stars or galaxies mostly due to one of them being in front of Blaze and visibly being smaller than her.

Although someone should calc Super Sonic and Eggman following Gmeral at the end of Advance 3 since the background during the final boss shows they visibly fly to a distant star cluster or something.

So I went to look if Master Core Abis had a profile on here which he does not sadly, but I did find one of Shadow's thread about him and I gotta say, I looooveeee Maverick's wording here and frankly, ^makes sense.
LooovveThisPhrasing

Came across a thread on Abis, clicked it annnddd yeah, that's how that happened. Didn't go on either of your profiles though, so I guess no? Or yes? Depends on what's considered "snooping".

Edit: That was on Maverick's wall and I didn't even notice it. Honest mistake, my bad.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Came across a thread on Abis, clicked it annnddd yeah, that's how that happened. Didn't go on either of your profiles though, so I guess no? Or yes? Depends on what's considered "snooping".
Edit: That was on Maverick's wall and I didn't even notice it. Honest mistake, my bad.

Anyways yes, the Master Core ABIS should get a profile.

I've also outlined profiles for Ifrit Golem and the Voxai Overmind but I've gotten lazy on finishing them.

Haven't played the latter and only played a Demon of the former but...

I say both are on the same level from what I seen, completely average (I consider FP to be average)

Though who knows, playing both games will make me change my mind maybe

Freedom Planet is fun, but I never got into it. Good graphics, solid gameplay but I couldn't really get behind the characters or plot as much as I liked.

The steam emotes are cool though. Unamused duck is unamused.

Sonic Mania has better graphics than Freedom Planet TBH, it looks less smooth and has frame skips in certain places, and the engine makes anything that rotates look with a pseudo Sega Genesis transparency (it may be good or bad depending on your taste). Outside of that, the game is pretty good, a must have among indies.

And, whatever you do, DON´T get Forces, you´ll regret it, the game only lasts 2 hours (No, really, you can beat the whole game in less than such timeframe in a casual first-time play).

The Classic Sonic levels feel even worse than the Sonic 1 GBA terrible port thanks to the even worse physics

Modern Sonic stages are even more linear than Wii Colors and you can´t even be able to manually trigger Super forms, the game forces you to use it once you get 50 rings (once you unlock it by literally just downloading the free DLC, which makes evne less sence than what Wii Colors did)

The Avatar stages are even worse than what the Shadow the Hedgehog game was TBH.

A good chunk of stages can literally be beaten by either just holding right/up or mashing the correct button at the right time.

Just don´t get this game. Even Sonic 4 is better than this.

Sorry, sir, Sonic Runners, just like the Sonic Riders, isn't canon around these parts. We'll have to ask you to refrain from upgrading Base Sonic characters to anything past T6 and FTL.

From what I seen from the story of both games (I watched the cutscenes) I rank Forces above Freedom Planet

They both have loads and loads of problems, but I felt more invested in forces than in FP

(kinda feels like FP expects you to care already for their characters)

What do you guys think about creating a page for Western Sonic? I mean, the western lore of Sonic created by SEGA of America and Sega of Europe which is defined by:

The Sonic Bible;
Western Sonic Games Storylines;
Sonic Books;
AOSTH;
etc

Basically all the original Sonic storylines of the West are part of this, except for Archie Comics because according to Ken Penders, SEGA did not give them a copy of the Sonic Bible. Of course, SatAM also did not enter into this because it ended up getting far away from the Sonic Bible storyline (Although strangely the game storylines make mention of SatAM and also had the crossover between AOSTH and Satam).

APSTH is kind of weird since it takes elements from the Sonic bible and also the original Japanese lore (Robotnik is even called Eggman once in it)

Would it be something like Toei Goku and Manga Goku thing? (go throught the same thing but they're rated differently cuz of some changes)

UltimateFlare said:
Would it be something like Toei Goku and Manga Goku thing? (go throught the same thing but they're rated differently cuz of some changes)
To the best of my knowledge, different versions of the same character can be accepted as long as they are different enough. With Sonic literally the Japanese and Western Sonic were different, it was a request of the Japanese so that both regions of the world could work with Sonic in the way that they wanted. SoA denied this request, but effectively the West and East had different versions of Sonic.

And indeed, there is a lot of material in the "Western expanded universe" to consider a profile based solely on it.

And literally, all lore involving Sonic is different in the West and East. The story of Kintobor / Robotnik, as Sonic has turned blue, the origin of Special Zones, Power Rings, etc. All are VERY different from the Eastern version which is literally another story.

The real cal howard said:
This seems way too specific to warrant a profile...
We have a Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic: The Comic) profile, that's literally the Sonic of the Sonic Bible in the Comic Book format. There's even a Grounder (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog) with is also a Sonic Bible story. There are half a dozen books, each containing a story that explores some part of the Western Sonic lore, each game has a storyline that is part of the Western Sonic lore (Until Sonic Adventure, when the two chronologies have "merged") and the purpose of Western Sonic was precisely to create a storyline of Sonic that would differentiate completely from the Japanese storyline. Heck, Sega of Japan itself said that this was the right way to work with Sonic in the past so that each region had its own story with Sonic.

Of course, it's an alternate universe containing its own story. If there are profiles for Sonic The Comic and AOSTH, both of which are stories that are parts of the Sonic Bible (In particular a book that compiles much of the Sonic Bible content), there is no reason not to make a profile for Western Sonic, was that is the reason the Sonic Bible was created in the first place (ie, establishing a proper and complex Sonic lore to be used by Sega of America that's different from the Japanese Sonic lore).

This is completely different from some kind of editing done at some specific time that was ignored shortly after, it was literally a lore created specifically for use by American companies. In Sonic Bible there is information about Copyright that shows what the reason the Sonic Bible exists. If we have a profile for a product that originates from the Sonic Bible, there is no reason not to have a direct Western Sonic profile.

But of course, this is just me explaining a context and giving an idea of why it would be possible. And I'm not exactly saying what we should do, but giving an idea. Although I could do this, I'm already very busy with Digimon to do this 0v0

It also reminds me about doing the revision about the Source of All, well that's something I can do 0v0

Fun Fact: It was in the lore of Western Sonic that a concept like "Zone Cops" was initially created. Specifically the guardians of the fourth dimension, an infinite universe where a group of agents takes care of the history of all the multiverse. Strangely, I do not understand why Ian Flynn did not use this concept as a substitute for Zone Cops, since he came to use some characters and concepts to replace concepts before the reboot.

@Shadow And a bit of a low blow. Nice change, btw.

@Executor Would it be something like Japanese Sonic and Western Sonic? That seems like a really cool idea I can get behind.

Back