• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Interestingly, as Chronicles situation is delicate the most official position we have is that "it happens after the last adventure of Sonic" and as this is an ambiguous term, they just say it is something is in the future and could occur at any time . Basically an excuse not to work this anymore while they can not, but if they could someday use they would use.

And in fact Cal, the "multiverse thing" isn't how Bandai solve plot holes, in fact Bandai don't use this to solve any plot holes until Sunburst/Moonlight. Because Bandai does not respond to the inconsistencies or plot holes of Digimon as a multiverse, who does this are the authors like Konaka who talk about the multiverse to say that the works are separated from each other but even that is just their position for this, because they know that for Bandai this kind of division does not exist and that much of it is actually a big sea of inconsistencies caused by the way Bandai manages the series without giving complete answers to all problems (And yes, that was basically what Konaka said).

What Digimon actually had for much of its history was basically a development of pure ideas in anime, manga games. A general idea was worked on multiple works, all equally valid and with connections between them, even without a real coherence between them. This works for people who just want to see stories to happen without worrying about consistency between them but it is something that many people are against it like even people who worked with Digimon (Like Kakudou) that because of this way of ignoring the inconsistencies , they simply decided to stop working on it (Actually Kakudou was afraid that one day Bandai / Toei would ask him to explain the inconsistencies, and he just did not know how to do it). Of course, there is currently an explanation for everything occurring theoretically in the same world and at the same time in other worlds, but it was not something that was real until Sunburst/Moonlight/Lost Evolution and yet there are still many inconsistencies, but I think I have already been able to show my point.

Of course, I do not want to say "there is no canon in Sonic", but what I meant by that is that there are franchises that are incoherent, some people just want to work on isolated ideas and are incoherent with each other, and they do it because there is nothing that prohibits people from making incoherent stories (And that's why Sonic Team does not care who says Sonic 06 did not happen, Sonic Team has always said that this game still occurs chronologically and that basically, the reason people do not remember right is just by amnesia And that's exactly why Sonic is run by people who do not care for great coherence that Sonic is a franchise full of inconsistencies).

Now about Sonic Chronicles, the person who said that the game was non-canon, simply contradicts everything the Sonic Team says and is just one of the people who talk "Spin-offs aren't canonical, that's inconsistent so it isn't canonical , Generations isn't canon, etc" which is certainly not what we know how the franchise works, literally the authority of this former moderator on the franchise could be the same as I have or anyone, all he says is pure opinion of him that practically always contradicted with the Sonic Team's own statements.

Literally, it is equally possible to state that Chronicles is canonical as that it isn't canonical. Who says he is canonical can be based on the fact that Chronicles is a direct consequence of the history of Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic Battle, totally necessary to understand more fully Sonic Adventure and therefore the apex of two sequences of games (Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Battle and Sonic Advance 3). While stating that Chronicles isn't canonical is basically based on the fact that until now, nothing else can be done with Chronicles.

The most concrete statement we have that explains about Chronicles is that the story goes some time after a storyline of the main line of games, so for being ambiguous simply use this as an excuse to at the same time use how not to use elements of Sonic Chronicles . Of course, I do not expect any kind of Chronicles influence on the Sonic series, I just think the discussion on the validity of Chronicles goes a lot deeper than reducing that to "Can not use anymore then isn't valid."

About the games and comics, it has officially been said once that Archie Sonic and Sega Sonic are like "two distinct multiverses" with Archie Sonic being the nucleus of his multiverse, being this actually just another one around the core of the Sonic Sega . But it's not something to be taken very seriously, it's just an interpretation that the reader can use to clarify the doubts about Archie Sonic and Sega Sonic.

The 4Kids dub was one of my favorite shows to watch on Saturday mornings.

how dare you

Yeah. Can't stand some of the characters in the dub and pretty sure the Japanese version takes precedence anyhow.

Remember the time when Sonic X completely ripped off Eureka 7 by giving Tails a green-haired alien girlfriend that eventually died in the end?

Or Gurren Lagaan. Take your pick.

You know, it's funny to think that if maybe Archie Sonic had not been canceled and we had at least another year of Comic ... Ken Penders had revealed that he had plans to return to the comic after the 300 issue and bring all his characters back. ..

So maybe if Penders really had thought of a better strategy to make a deal with SEGA and Archie and the comic had not been canceled ... then we would have the Penders characters back in the comic just like the old chronology.

It's funny to know that 0v0

Maverick Zero X said:
Yeah. Can't stand some of the characters in the dub and pretty sure the Japanese version takes precedence anyhow.
4Kids version have a Tier 4 feats with the Eclipse Cannon 0v0

Executor N0 said:
You know, it's funny to think that if maybe Archie Sonic had not been canceled and we had at least another year of Comic ... Ken Penders had revealed that he had plans to return to the comic after the 300 issue and bring all his characters back.
This hurts me. More than I wanna admit.

@Cal Awesome theme song? Gotta Go Fast has nothing on the original japanese opening Sonic Drive which was sung by none other than Hironobu Kageyama himself.

Not dissing Sonic Drive. That one's great.

But, Gotta Go Fast has become legendary in the same sense as the English Pokemon theme song, though not nearly as much as that.

Sometimes I have the impression that one day IDW comics have become an integral part of Sonic games just as the Power Rangers Comics are for the TV series. I mean, the latest IDW comics have such a cool story to recent franchise standards that I just do not understand how the Sonic Team still does not realize it would be a good idea to include this in the games (I mean, maybe they're afraid of Penders or another author to re-attack the franchise because some of the IDW characters are officially based on other characters from the old Sonic comics 0v0)

Kirby Right Baxk At Ya has an amazing theme too. Beat out the JP one by far...until JP used the second OP.

Lugia's theme "The Power Of One" is actually way more epic & melodic than "Heartbeat Of The Planet".That's one thing 4Kids did better.

@DaBoiWhoOwnsMods I would've thought that was some kind of joke.

How about this: Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 aren't canon because Sonic's shoes are different.

Yes, they said that is no-canon because of the setting of high-tech city

I'm late but Grand Metropolis in Sonic Heroes is high tech.

lightly off topic but still related to Sonic.

I was telling my cousin how bad the Internet is and how unfortunately people make...risqué art of the Smash characters (he's 13, btw).

He then responded "Even Sonic??"

I laughed in his face.

Back