• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of crossover content? We should almost never allow different fictional settings to scale from crossovers with each other, as different degrees of power are almost always drastically changed to fit with each other by the writers in order to make the stories work.

What kind of crossover content? We should almost never allow different fictional settings to scale from crossovers with each other, as different degrees of power are almost always drastically changed to fit with each other by the writers in order to make the stories work.
Well None of these are scaling, just abilities from the game

basically the game is focused on the Main Sonic continuity (being a tie in game to Sonic Forces) but there are unlockable characters and 1 level from other Sonic continuities like Movie Sonic being a special event character

Aha. So is the game canon to the continuity that you suggest then, or should extra profile pages be created for it?

Aha. So is the game canon to the continuity that you suggest then, or should extra profile pages be created for it?
The suggestion was ether to add the Abilties to the game canon pages or remove the already added ones that some pages have, currently people seem split if it should count as canon though more seem to agree it should be canon

Okay. What is the evidence for that it is or isn't canon?

Okay. What is the evidence for that it is or isn't canon?
My earlier comment had the arguments for both sides to my knowledge, but I’ll add more I see

The Argument against was that the Game has no Plot and features crossover content and seemingly no future game has mentioned it

Argument for is that the Game is an officially licensed product made by Sega (a subsidiary with Sega Hardlight) that was approved by one of the main heads of the franchise (Iizuka), Sega themselves being careful about portrayal of there characters making sure any media fits and that Crossover content isn’t the main focus of the game, it’s main focus is on the main Sonic Canon being a Sonic Forces Tie In game, at worst I feel it goes under the one sided Crossover category (and the crossover content in the game itself are technically illusions and therefore aren’t actually there), Plus arguably similar stuff for Sonic has been approved before,
Apologies if anything has seemed a bit confusing, this is my first CRT here

It all comes down to the policies about Sonic as a whole, I don't know how do we treat the verse. If we mix everything like we do for Mario, then I guess it could be included, otherwise it should be kept out.
I think Sonic has similar games, spin-offs or other shady stuff in terms of canonicity, how do we handle it?

More Sonic experts should be appreciated, they are much more useful than me.

Argument for is that the Game is an officially licensed product made by Sega that was approved by one of the main heads of the franchise (Iizuka) and that Crossover content isn’t the main focus of the game, at worst I feel it goes under the one sided Crossover category (and the crossover content in the game itself are technically illusions), Plus I feel similar stuff for Sonic has been approved before
Well... If the crossover content isn't a main aspect of the game, and that it's nothing more than to please an audience and make money through add-ons and such, then I think it's fine to add. I was unsure if the game was enough on its own to warrant this. And as a supporter of the verse, I guess that was really my main concern about these additions.

So long as we don't try and scale characters such as Movie Sonic or Tangle and Whisper, I guess this is fine by me.

Thank you for the replies.
It all comes down to the policies about Sonic as a whole, I don't know how do we treat the verse. If we mix everything like we do for Mario, then I guess it could be included, otherwise it should be kept out.
I think Sonic has similar games, spin-offs or other shady stuff in terms of canonicity, how do we handle it?

More Sonic experts should be appreciated, they are much more useful than me.
Can somebody answer Saman's question please? I think that this is the crucial issue here.

Well... If the crossover content isn't a main aspect of the game, and that it's nothing more than to please an audience and make money through add-ons and such, then I think it's fine to add. I was unsure if the game was enough on its own to warrant this. And as a supporter of the verse, I guess that was really my main concern about these additions.

So long as we don't try and scale characters such as Movie Sonic or Tangle and Whisper, I guess this is fine by me.
This seems like a good point.

Well if Ant, several other staff members and several Sonic Supporters are fine with the additions I think it should be fine to add

Saman's question about the key issue needs to be properly answered first.

Saman's question about the key issue needs to be properly answered first.
In the Game these various items are gotten through Item Boxes, which are standard equipment on Sonic’s page right now, I do plan on expanding the explanations though on the OP if this is allowed

Sonic canon is not like Mario's where we accept everything, we accept official games made by Sega that have no contradictions to other games and have a plot, a example of a non canon game is Sonic Spinball, which has Archie elements, the lack of plot and usage of crossover elements is what made me think this game isn't canon, but others are arguing otherwise

I think Sonic fighters, Sonic Runners, and maybe Sonic labyrinth are another of those games that might fall under the same category of this Speed Battle.
Depending on how they are treated, we could get how to handle this one.

I think Sonic fighters, Sonic Runners, and maybe Sonic labyrinth are another of those games that might fall under the same category of this Speed Battle.
Depending on how they are treated, we could get how to handle this one.
All those three games are canon, since they all have a clear plot and no contradictions, some even countinuing from other games

What are the conclusions here so far, and which members agree with what?

What are the conclusions here so far, and which members agree with what?

Agree on adding the abilities (7) JED, fastestthingalive50, Qawsedf234 (Staff), SamanPatou (Staff), Maverick_Hunter X, ShakeResounding, DemonGodMitchAubin (Staff)

Disagree on adding the Abilities and want to remove the already added Abilties (5): Gilad_Hyperstar, GyroNutz (Staff), Sonicspood, TheUser789, DarkDragonMedues (Staff)

I don’t believe any of the arguments of ether side has changed

Okay. Thank you for the summary.

Can somebody explain the arguments from each side please?

Okay. Thank you for the summary.

Can somebody explain the arguments from each side please?
Like I said nothing has changed much, but I’ll post the summery again for connivance

The Argument against the addition and the removal of already added abilities was that the Game has no Plot and no connections to other games and features crossover content

The Argument for the addition is that the Game is an officially licensed product made by Sega that was approved by one of the main heads of the franchise (Iizuka) and that Crossover content isn’t the main focus of the game, at worst I feel it goes under the one sided Crossover category (and the crossover content in the game itself are technically illusions), Plus arguably similar stuff for Sonic has been approved before and comes form Mainline important games

Agree on adding the abilities (7) JED, fastestthingalive50, Qawsedf234 (Staff), SamanPatou (Staff), Maverick_Hunter X, ShakeResounding, DemonGodMitchAubin (Staff)

Disagree on adding the Abilities and want to remove the already added Abilties (5): Gilad_Hyperstar, GyroNutz (Staff), Sonicspood, TheUser789, DarkDragonMedues (Staff)

I don’t believe any of the arguments of ether side has changed
Don't mean to speak for anyone here, but I think what Saman was saying was that the abilities are fine but wasn't sure if they'd be acceptable due to canonicity issues. I don't think he should be listed.

The Argument against the addition and the removal of already added abilities was that the Game has no Plot and no connections to other games and features crossover content.
Thank you. The above interpretation seems most in line with our general standards.

Currently the Agree and Disagree count is a bit tied even with staff, is your opinion the tie breaker here?, if so I can start adjusting certain profiles to remove the Abilites for

-Chaos
-Sonic
-Caliburn
-Jet
-Storm
-Wave

Since they use the abilities from the game on the profile

Last edited:
I suppose so.

If you need pages unlocked, please write their EXACTLY WORDED titles, so my automated script can handle it.

No profiles need to be unlocked to my knowledge, I am now adjusting the profiles, as for this thread it can be closed

Okay. Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back