• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Teenager) vs Whitebeard

The same precognition that allowed him to dodge/avoid the fodder marines, the cannonballs, Squardo...? Hell, he didnt show any precog at all in MF. And speed equalized affects everything, doesnt it? You cant have whitrbeard instantly have faster movement speed. By the way, you are puting it as if WB would oneshot goku, who has At Least the same power as WB's tier. And yeah, Goku has spammed ki blasts plenty of times.

In ROF Goku was killed by a fodder blast after letting his guard down around his enemies. He considered Squardo a son and you are also treating Squardo as though he is weak. We do not know his strength but he was probably stronger than Luffy at that point. He didn't need to avoid and dodge all the fodder marine attacks. He was tanking all of it. I believe that Whitebeard has higher calls on this site that aren't being used because it seems ridiculous for One Piece standards atm, but don't quote me because I'm not sure. WB used to be Low 6B but was downgraded. Speed equalized affects travel speed not reaction speed otherwise no one would ever hit anyone on these kinds of threads. For that reason WB gets the advantage. WB getting a quake on Goku would damage him a lot which would further bring down his speed. WB wins this.

The real cal howard said:
Speed equalized does affect everything. Attack speeds (I.e. Kamehameha), travel speed (i.e. Thor and Superman), or boost speeds (Pikachu's Agility or Ruby's Semblance)
No, I meant techniques that boost one's speed. Like Kaioken for ex. But apparently everything gets equalized according to WeeklyBattles. Didn't know that.

No, I meant techniques that boost one's speed. Like Kaioken for ex. But apparently everything gets equalized according to WeeklyBattles. Didn't know that.

I don't understand how they are supposed to hit each other then. Regardless, WB still has more experience and precognition. He should still win.

when I said everything I was referring to their reactions/movement speed, obviously if you have speed-amping techniques you will be able to boost it to have advantage, but hey dont be sarcastic, please.

The real cal howard said:
Speed equalized does affect everything. Attack speeds (I.e. Kamehameha), travel speed (i.e. Thor and Superman), or boost speeds (Pikachu's Agility or Ruby's Semblance). Even items (i.e. Flying Nimbus or Warpstar)

PaChi2 said:
when I said everything I was referring to their reactions/movement speed, obviously if you have speed-amping techniques you will be able to boost it to have advantage, but hey dont be sarcastic, please.
Are you referring to me? If so, I really was not being sarcastic.

PaChi2 said:
I'm not being sarcastic, I was just explaining. Apparently that was wrong, so yeah.

PaChi2 said:
In speed equalized matches speed amplifying techniques are nullified

In speed equalized matches speed amplifying techniques are nullified

Well neither Goku nor Whitebeard has those anyway. But WB does have precog advantage.

CinCameron20 said:
Everyone calm down. I am about to unfollow this thread lmao.
As predicted, this has turned into a full blown storm. I really hate that this wiki suddenly becomes super active when it's like 1:30AM here lol.

As predicted, this has turned into a full blown storm. I really hate that this wiki suddenly becomes super active when it's like 1:30AM here lol.

Well this was a very controversial thread to begin with.

Well, im calmed, so if everyone wants to keep thid debate, im willing to continue.

ScarletFirefly said:
Harry Potter and the Bumping of the Thread
Sorry about the other thread man. I'm just gonna state that WB should win due to experience, precognition, and similar stats and leave.

Goku can infact fly during the 23rd Budokai. Im surprised this is being debated considering its the only reason he defeated Ma junior at the end. Tenshinhan even states "thats the buku-jutsu! he's learned to fly!"

Whitebeard. They are comparable on almost every level but Whitebeard has experience, which IMO is the tipping edge if 2 characters are even everywhere else.

Goku via what those above have said and more techniques (ki blast, flying, etc), better durability, and his being a master at martial arts (able to learn very quickly, etc)

I know it was a long time ago but speed equalized doesn't equalize the effects of the speed of items. It does equalize reaction speed and travel. Not sure about preco. But it does equalize techquies that are really fast but techquies that amp up the persons stats don't get nullified. Also goku for reasons above (for flight, martial arts, ki attacks)

Whitebeard doesn't even have precog, so why do people bring it up? Dude got clean stabbed by Squardo if he had precog that wouldn't have happened. Regardless 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi Goku is nerfed on this wiki and would normally win this fight due to statements of an official handbook and logical scaling.

Edit: then again this might also apply to Whitebeard, since he was stated to be able to destroy the planet.

FTW395 said:
Whitebeard doesn't even have precog, so why do people bring it up? Dude got clean stabbed by Squardo if he had precog that wouldn't have happened. Regardless 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi Goku is nerfed on this wiki and would normally win this fight due to statements of an official handbook and logical scaling.
Edit: then again this might also apply to Whitebeard, since he was stated to be able to destroy the planet.
Quote from the One Piece wiki on Whitebeards Obs Haki

With his Kenbunshoku Haki, Whitebeard foresaw all of Portgas D. Ace's attempts to kill him, even while asleep, retaliating to each assault and launching the young pirate away great distances, often causing damage to the ship while doing so.[94] In the bay of Marineford, he predicted Crocodile's sudden attack but did not move, knowing that Monkey D. Luffy would block it.[130] However, due to his age and worsening health, he failed to predict Squard's betrayal and thus got injured, something which, according to Marco, was totally unexpected from the Yonko

@FTW - uhm... yes WB does have precog. I don't think you understand what it meant for Whitebeard to have been successfully damaged in that scene, despite it being explained mere moments later.

Mhm guess you're right then, though isn't sensing some sort of precog aswell and is Kenbunshoku Haki actually that useful? I'm sure people with Kenbunshoku Haki users have been hit by others who were around their level and Goku is around the level of Whitebeard.

I think the main reason people with bservation haki ge hit in battle is because there opponent also has it and can thus predict how their opponent will react. Obs Haki is usually depicted as very useful when the opponent doesn't also have it, it's only when their oppent is fast enough to blitz them or uses a move that's inherently random that it fails against people without it.

A lot of people during the war utilized haki. All Vice Admirals and higher rank, most--if not all of WB's commanders and alliance captains, etc...

In a one-on-one fight, Whitebeard will be capable of utilizing his pre-cognitive powers to their highest level, unlike being in a full on warzone fighting numerous people with similar foresight.

Back