• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Teenager) vs Whitebeard

23rd Budokai Goku vs Marineford Saga Whitebeard

Place of the battle: A normal and generic forest

Speed equalized

Whitebeard can use his bisento

Goku can use his Power Pole

Sheeroheegee2
Goku Base

Going with Goku his ki attacks, martial art skills and flight will give him the win. This is a close match though.

Also going for Goku due to AP/Durability advantage. He can also fly, is a better fighter than Whitebeard and has better range.

ScarletFirefly said:
Also going for Goku due to AP/Durability advantage. He can also fly, is a better fighter than Whitebeard and has better range.
This version of Goku would definitely get stomped in a fight with a Yonko. It has already been shown that during the war everyone was holding back. Hence, why so many One Piece characters were upgraded. Luffy in G4 is placed at 6C and has feats above WB, but we all know that WB stomps Luffy in a fight. The only reason why you people are saying Goku wins is because it's Goku. Do you believe Roshi can beat WB? But he can destroy the moon. But his punches... DB should not be used in cross verse battles because it is has by far the most biased fanbase. That being said WB definitely wins against this version.

Umm what? Goku has AP/Durability advantage and also can fly. And in what way does Master Roshi relate to this exactly? He's super weak compared to 23rd Budokai Goku.

ScarletFirefly said:
Umm what? Goku has AP/Durability advantage and also can fly. And in what way does Master Roshi relate to this exactly? He's super weak compared to 23rd Budokai Goku.
His AP and Durability is listed as the same as Whitebeard's. His quakes can still reach Goku, even if he flies. Besides, you think that a top tier in One Piece can't handle an opponent who can fly? Master Roshi is sometimes argued to be able to solo One Piece just because he blew up the moon. If we go off feats, Whitebeard's quakes are way more lethal than Goku's attacks at this point. Also, Piccolo's attack only razed the island but is hyped to be island level anyway, whereas WB actually destroyed Marineford and shook several distant islands while old and on his deathbed.

What's the point of his tremor attacks if it can't hit someone that can fly. Seriously goku can just fly away from the attack, and he can tank it since they're at the same tier.

I've watched all of Dragon Ball and he only did that once. While nearly quadripledric. And even then, jumping is more effective (if he's capable of it)

Sword guy Z said:
His AP and Durability is listed as the same as Whitebeard's. His quakes can still reach Goku, even if he flies. Besides, you think that a top tier in One Piece can't handle an opponent who can fly? Master Roshi is sometimes argued to be able to solo One Piece just because he blew up the moon. If we go off feats, Whitebeard's quakes are way more lethal than Goku's attacks at this point. Also, Piccolo's attack only razed the island but is hyped to be island level anyway, whereas WB actually destroyed Marineford and shook several distant islands while old and on his deathbed.
Goku is At least Large Island level, while WB is Large Island Level, there's a difference. Also Roshi is completely irrelevant here since the moon thing is an outlier. WB shaking the islands while old and on his deathbead is also irrelevant, since we're not using Prime WB.

Whitebeard's feat that is actually calculated was a casual attack on Lonz (look at the next page and you'll see). It's possible that WB is higher-end on that tier when he's bloodlusted. It's better to assume they are equal in AP and Durability (WB's durability should be higher on his page).

Flight is indeed an advantage when maneuvering, but that's not going to protect him from Whitebeard's attacks, since they can travel through the air. And yeah... he was not capable of flying without using his Kamehameha to guide himself.

Whitebeard's Bisento increases the potency of his quakes and can fire them at long range. The ground would be shaking heavily from his quakes, which would be affecting Goku's fighting capabilities while Whitebeard has experience with his own power and can likely get a free hit.

Whitebeard's stamina is insane -- while Goku could barely land a final attack after having his shoulder pierced by Piccolo, Whitebeard could continue fighting which his chest impaled with magma, canon-fire, swords, and have part of his face blown off and burned. Whitebeard has the advantage in endurance.

The Environment does not give either the advantage of using sneak-tactics since WB has clairvoyance + pre-cog with CoO, and Goku can sense his life-force.

I'm leaning toward Whitebeard winning with somewhat high-difficulty since his quakes are both an attack and barrier and that he has shown superior endurance. Both of their stats are relatively equal.

The real cal howard said:
I've watched all of Dragon Ball and he only did that once. While nearly quadripledric. And even then, jumping is more effective (if he's capable of it)
He was flying against Piccolo jr @real

DB should not be used in cross verse battles because it is has by far the most biased fanbase. That being said WB definitely wins against this version.
While you're honestly right, this site has probably the most unbiased DBZ fans.

The real cal howard said:
I'm still not voting. Too even right now. Everything I said so far was to clear things up.
They just seem very, very evenly matched IMO.

I'm giving Whitebeard a slight edge due to his superior experience, however.

Goku is younger and should have more energy, but WB clearly has the endurance advantage since he has taken insane physical punishment during the war, but could continue fighting the 3 Admirals and BlackBeard... greatly injuring 2 of the 4 listed and slaughtering a bunch of marines in the process.

Whitebeard has a vast experience advantage (especially with his own power) and can utilize it on the environment to throw Goku off balance initially in order to get a free hit in. He wouldn't be surprised with Goku's capabilities since he is literally in the OP world, where there are a large variety of hax, DF powers, and powerful fighters like the other Yonko. Goku would be shocked that Whitebeard can use his body to generate earthquakes that can even travel through the air.

WB has pre-cog and can use his own attacks as barriers at the same time.

I already gave my vote, but those are the advantages i see WB having and want others to think about them.

I bet in a few years when One Piece's top tiers FINALLY gain some decent feats, WB will probably be pitted against Saiyan saga, albeit in his prime. But WB should win due to reasons listed above.

Not. At. All.

That said, I might vote Whitebeard, if only due to experience.

Yeah. I was a little over dramatic with that. Still though, WB doesn't even have the best feats in his own verse despite being supposedly one of the strongest people revealed. Of we go off hype then he would be a LOT stronger than he is now. Besides, people like Doflamingo wasn't even trying at Marineford and later was shown doing crazy attacks at Dressrosa. Oda also hid Jack's abilities by having him get taken out by Zunisha. Imo, when WB gets more feats then he will be comfortably above 23rd Budokai Goku, but for now he wins.

Going with Goku because Whitebeard's precog is dubious at most (yeah, even Marco said that he should have dodged Squardo's attack...), his air quakes are easily dodgeable attacks as he has to take that stance to make them ranged and Goku just has to spam Ki blasts from afar. Also, while he has more experience, his condition is likely to give him an opening in a prolonged fight (which Goku can give due to their very close powerlevels).

PaChi2 said:
Going with Goku because Whitebeard's precog is dubious at most (yeah, even Marco said that he should have dodged Squardo's attack...), his air quakes are easily dodgeable attacks as he has to take that stance to make them ranged and Goku just has to spam Ki blasts from afar. Also, while he has more experience, his condition is likely to give him an opening in a prolonged fight (which Goku can give due to their very close powerlevels).
Tell me... When has Goku in character ever spammed ki blasts from afar? He likely would rush in a due to WB's precognition, would get quaked. At this point in time, WB is MH while Goku is just H+. I know speed is equalized but that applies only to travel speed. Reaction speed wise, WB has precog and faster movement. He can definitely tag Goku with his quakes.

Sword guy Z said:
Tell me... When has Goku in character ever spammed ki blasts from afar? He likely would rush in a due to WB's precognition, would get quaked. At this point in time, WB is MH while Goku is just H+. I know speed is equalized but that applies only to travel speed. Reaction speed wise, WB has precog and faster movement. He can definitely tag Goku with his quakes.
The same precognition that allowed him to dodge/avoid the fodder marines, the cannonballs, Squardo...? Hell, he didnt show any precog at all in MF. And speed equalized affects everything, doesnt it? You cant have whitrbeard instantly have faster movement speed. By the way, you are puting it as if WB would oneshot goku, who has At Least the same power as WB's tier. And yeah, Goku has spammed ki blasts plenty of times.

PaChi2 said:
And speed equalized affects everything
Not really. Only the base speed is equalized. If the character has any techinque that boosts speed, he will go higher. That said, things like precog will work on equalized speed since the user does have the speed required to react to the attack, although WB displayed a less than good precog during his fight.

ScarletFirefly said:
PaChi2 said:
And speed equalized affects everything
Not really. Only the base speed is equalized. If the character has any techinque that boosts speed, he will go higher. That said, things like precog will work on equalized speed since the user does have the speed required to react to the attack, although WB displayed a less than good precog during his fight.

Actually it equalizes EVERYTHING, so if there are speed amplifying techniques those are nullified

Speed equalized does affect everything. Attack speeds (I.e. Kamehameha), travel speed (i.e. Thor and Superman), or boost speeds (Pikachu's Agility or Ruby's Semblance). Even items (i.e. Flying Nimbus or Warpstar)

Back