• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something i dont understand about Law's devil fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wirtten in his profile that his fruit bypasses durability but the thing is that in OnePieceverse,pepoles with Busoshoku Haki capable to blook his cutting ability(that why Law can't cut doflamingo's thread and his body etc) and Busoshoku Haki stated to be a kind of shield,just Invisible arrmor and the arrmor Increase the user's durability so isn't that actually mean that pepole with enough high durability would be able to bloock his attack? that his devil fruit has noting to do with ignore durability?

Well as you pointed out Doffy was able to block Laws attacks is because he simply had stronger Haki.

Also William I believe that was with Gamma Knife, Ryop is talking about his normal attacks that don't do damage.

^I know he has stronger Haki But haki is a arrmor which mean it Increase durability,isn't that meant that pepole with higher durability than Doffy would be able to bloock this as well? isnt that means Law's power not actually ignore durability? or i miss something?

You should likely ask @Cin Cameron about that cause he should know the answer. Also he can only ignore durabilty within his room.

Here's what I have to say regarding this:

Haki has special powers to cancel out an opponent's devil fruit power, or at least resist it if both users of haki are close in power. But a superior Haki user can negate such defenses, such as when Law sliced right through Vergo despite him being coated in Haki. The very first instance of this is when Garp hurt Luffy with a haki-infused punch at the end of Water 7.

Another case is Charlotte Katakuri remaining in his Paramecia form while tanking attacks from Monkey D. Luffy's haki imbued strikes. His haki is simply more potent than Luffy's. Doflamingo also managed to deflect and catch Law's attacks with little more than scratches due to his superior haki.

For future questions regarding Haki, keep in mind that each of the forms of Haki are still very mysterious to us. We don't know how Luffy stays rubber while using busoshoku haki in Gear 4th, or other cases like this. I'd personally wait for more explanations of the power.

Also, we don't use Busoshoku's "Soft-core power negations" (as some people tried to call it...) in versus battles, as it works strictly on DF users and buffs the user's physical abilities drastically. Cross-verse, we merely treat it as Statistics Amplification.

Law is going to slice through anyone who doesn't have power-nullification or intangibility in a versus match-up with his Room.

Why we not consider this as power negations? i know it work on DF users but the same thing about Chakra in Naruto(Genjutsu work on those who have chakra) and Yami Yami no Mi from One Piece(work on DF users) and yet in VS battle we use them in verse equalization

Can you explin me howthis is not similar? Haki is something everyone have(in OP world) natrually,like Chakra etc no?

Since the question has been answered, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back