• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some updates on One Punch-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think the rel thing is a bit iffy, although I'll wait to see the arguments of others first. If rel is gonna be ditched, then rip relativistic orochi and boros (plus psykorochi and tats)

It's an assumption I suppose, but not an unreasonable one. The rubble has just been accelerated to some degree at this point, it's possible it's been fully accelerated to relavistic speeds. If there's doubt about that, I suppose I can't allay it. Usklaverei can best respond to this point

Unless there’s an example I’m forgetting, almost all psychic attacks are drawn in ways that shows the attack happening AFTER the esper’s movement, not during it, like when Tatsumaki flicked rocks at Gyoro-Gyoro, or threw bigger rocks at Psykorochi, or began crushing the tunnel rocks on Psykosjet.

So it would simply make sense to apply that same logic to Geryuganshoop; he wasn’t moving his tentacles with the rocks. He moved his tentacles, ended his tentacles action, THEN the rocks shot out and accelerated.

Is there any way to calc the ship's dura from Saitama jumping on it?
Unless I've missed something, the ship's overall durability remains High 6-A even with the potential downgrades. There's no disputing that it took the full force of the 44 petaton moon jump and didn't go down. The question is- did Meteoric Burst or Released do enough damage to the ship to scale to High 6-A as opposed to low 6-B? Because Low 6-B firepower can damage the ship, High 6-A damage will tilt it and possibly capsize it.

Is there any way to calc the ship's dura from Saitama jumping on it?
Using his RKE maybe. According to the same artbook for Near-Light Boros, his frictionless aura remained with Saitama. Meaning he may have been capable of reaching similar speeds to Boros. But his calced speed of like 7% lightspeed gets you 7-B results.
Unless I've missed something
Matt and Damage's argument is that there's no reason for the impact on the ship to be the same as on the moon. Since what hit the ship was Saitama, rather than the force of his leg kick. If it was solely ship damage then his released form would scale.

Near light boros comes from which book?
Unless I've missed something, the ship's overall durability remains High 6-A even with the potential downgrades. There's no disputing that it took the full force of the 44 petaton moon jump and didn't go down. The question is- did Meteoric Burst or Released do enough damage to the ship to scale to High 6-A as opposed to low 6-B? Because Low 6-B firepower can damage the ship, High 6-A damage will tilt it and possibly capsize it.
Didn't release boros release (heh) a blast that covered a large portion of the ship, like we do see the top of the ship pretty messed up after the blast.

Geryuganshoop’s new “relativistic movement speed” calc shouldn’t go through. The calc makes the assumption he’s actually moving his tentacles as fast as his the rocks AFTER they are thrown and have accelerated.
'' houldn’t go through '', this has already been accepted man and the calculation does not presuppose anything, it is evident with the lines of movement of Geryu's tentacle that he is moving along with the attack. If he needed to have made the full move before the attack came out, why would there be lines of motion indicating that his tentacle is in motion?

No, all the motion lines indicate is that Geryuganshoop’s tentacles HAVE moved, or ARE moving, but its a massive stretch to assume they’re moving as fast as his friction-removed rocks which need a special “glove” aura around them to move that fast without burning up according to Murata.

Moving during an attack that is currently accelerating ≠ being as fast as that attack after its accelerated to its peak.

Again, nobody is assuming anything, it was calculated and he is not moving as fast as rocks, rocks are 0.75c and his movement is 0.19c, there is a very big difference in that.

Yes man, this is in the topic and in the calculation, it still amazes me that people talk without even looking at it.

Mr. Yusuke "My opinion is not valid One Punch Man canon" Murata saying something in a random stream about Geryu that is never implied in the actual manga nor any guidebook, where he openly admits to not know ONE's intentions with the character, only stating that he personally saw him as more powerful / skilled than Tatsumaki at the time. Which is something that really, really can't be the case now.

Relativistic+ Geryu is not something justifiable.

This was not a random thing, he specified everything he was saying and in that case, you just ignore the thing about Tatsumaki.

Also, I'm pretty sure that your speech didn't go that way and that has been raised before and discussed, so the thing about Saitama 5-B has been dropped, but Geryuganshoop's statement is different.

This was not a random thing, he specified everything he was saying and in that case, you just ignore the thing about Tatsumaki.
You can't pick half a statement and ignore the other half.

What he said was his opinion, his impression of how strong Geryu was, and also that he doesn't know if that's what ONE thinks either.

Also, I'm pretty sure that your speech didn't go that way and that has been raised before and discussed, so the thing about Saitama 5-B has been dropped, but Geryuganshoop's statement is different.
This is entirely due to arbitrary reasons. The Geryu statement is a little more developed than most. It's two sentences rather than one. That's all there is to it. There's still nothing that backs it up.

You can't pick half a statement and ignore the other half.

What he said was his opinion, his impression of how strong Geryu was, and also that he doesn't know if that's what ONE thinks either.
Can I, if half of a statement is correct and the rest is wrong, should I ignore the correct part just because the other is wrong? In this case, only the wrong part that was contradicted later, which is the case of the part about Tatsumaki, is discarded.

This is entirely due to arbitrary reasons. The Geryu statement is a little more developed than most. It's two sentences rather than one. That's all there is to it. There's still nothing that backs it up.
She is much more developed, different from the others, she is very detailed and even explains the reason for being near lightspeed.

Can I, if half of a statement is correct and the rest is wrong, should I ignore the correct part just because the other is wrong? In this case, only the wrong part that was contradicted later, which is the case of the part about Tatsumaki, is discarded.
No because of the point of the first half is to say that he thinks Geryu is stronger than Tatsumaki, which is injustifiable to actually argue. And then he finishes the statement by saying it's just his opinion and that he doesn't know what ONE thinks.

There is a difference, he mentions the reason that Geryuganshoop could be above Tatsumaki, but if this is contradicted in the work, it should only be discarded, however, the rest is him specifying about Geryuganshoop's ability to throw stones and the thing about him talking ''This is what I think'' was about Geryuganshoop being the greatest psychic in the universe.

There is a difference, he mentions the reason that Geryuganshoop could be above Tatsumaki, but if this is contradicted in the work, it should only be discarded, however, the rest is him specifying about Geryuganshoop's ability to throw stones and the thing about him talking ''This is what I think'' was about Geryuganshoop being the greatest psychic in the universe.
But that title doesn't include Tatsumaki. He mentions Geryu calling himself that and that he assumes this meant he was above Tatsumaki.

I do agree that the relativistic Gery statement shouldn’t even be used.

It was a single statement, from someone who does not write the series, the characters, or determine who scales above eachother, simply giving his own headcanon on why he draws the way he draws certain actions, and then goes on to say that he doesn’t know what ONE actually thinks about and that this is just his opinion.

It’s no different than any other fan’s headcanon. Nothing, NOTHING supports his statement over the, what, 5 years since the statement was made? It’s a very, very shaky “proof” of anything. A statement with no backing, no justification that was made by someone who doesn’t write the series simply giving his headcanon.

So, the statement about Boros should also be removed, I don't care about that, downgrade everyone to MHS and it's done.

It was a single statement, from someone who does not write the series, the characters, or determine who scales above eachother, simply giving his own headcanon on why he draws the way he draws certain actions, and then goes on to say that he doesn’t know what ONE actually thinks about and that this is just his opinion.

It’s no different than any other fan’s headcanon. Nothing, NOTHING supports his statement over the, what, 5 years since the statement was made? It’s a very, very shaky “proof” of anything. A statement with no backing, no justification that was made by someone who doesn’t write the series simply giving his headcanon.
Agreed.

I do agree that the relativistic Gery statement shouldn’t even be used.

OK, calm down buddy, it's true that Murata words don't hold the same weight as ONE's words, but they still hold more weight than ANYTHING that you guys ever say

Which form is faster than Flashy? And is that even confirmed outside of the moon kick??

Murata saying something, while it could hold weight with characters he creates or chapters he is allowed to give his ideas or write himself (like the Phoenixman Redraw), his statements shouldn’t be seen as anything other as his own headcanon in how he likes to draw things from his POV.

It is if Toriyama said “Beerus is strong. Goku nothing to him.”, and then Toyotaro draws a scene of Yamcha slapping Beerus on the back and dealing damage to him, then came out and said “i drew it as if he did damage because it looked funny”, then we wouldn’t take Toyotaro’s statement as full-on canon... because Toyotaro is not the creator.

Did Saitama fail to react, or was he just a little surprised but didn’t find the need to guard?

It’s not like Saitama had any trouble when he returned from the moon. Heck, he blitzed Boros with ease afterwards. We don’t know why he was surprised from Boros specifically.

The difference between Boros and Flashy, is at least Flashy managed to dodge Saitama’s attacks, something Boros never did. Heck, Orochi even dodged two attacks from Saitama, one from very close range.

Did Saitama fail to react, or was he just a little surprised but didn’t find the need to guard?

It’s not like Saitama had any trouble when he returned from the moon. Heck, he blitzed Boros with ease afterwards. We don’t know why he was surprised from Boros specifically.

The difference between Boros and Flashy, is at least Flashy managed to dodge Saitama’s attacks, something Boros never did. Heck, Orochi even dodged two attacks from Saitama, one from very close range.
This does not serve as a parameter, moreover, he made the same face for Geryuganshoop's attack and in the redraw of the fight against Genos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back