• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some speed calcs.

I thought that this was a Naruto running during 4 seconds calculation?

Hmm well I don't have much knowledge on cinematic time scaling but as long as it's deemed reasonable from the rest of the staff I guess I can agree with it

But everyone on the obd from the comments didn't agree with the calcs itself so idk

Darkness552 said:
Hmm well I don't have much knowledge on cinematic time scaling but as long as it's deemed reasonable from the rest of the staff I guess I can agree with it
But everyone on the obd from the comments didn't agree with the calcs itself so idk
OBD rejected the cinematic time calc?

Speedcalc2

This is from gallavants calc 173 px = 6331.47 kilometers divide that amount by 173 to get an amount of 36.5980925 kilometers per 1 pixel.

Swordslayer revised the naruto diamemeter and scaled it to be 760 px = 27814.5503 kilometers based off our accepted calcs.

As for Naruto, he also jumped upwards and allowed himself to float through space and reached Toneri.

I cannot in good mind see this as logical. Toneri is flung at Mach 17000 and Naruto in base casually jumps up to meet him.

Base (The Last) blitzes So6P Naruto? It seems so incosistant.

It may be a personal judgement, but this seems really off.

So people are still discussing the 2nd calc?I have no problem with cinematic time on this but we don't know the moons exact position relative to the earth and the sun so for me it seems a bit weird for them to have crossed such a distance.Also how was shikamaru able to see toneri if he was that far away?

He wasn't in base he used chakra mode that's why he was in chakra mode when he extended his hand to join Toneri .

@QE Hmm. It is true that it seems like an extreme inconsistency. Fiction writers isually don't care too much about inconsistencies, which makes our work harder and more uncertain.

Kkapoios said:
So people are still discussing the 2nd calc?I have no problem with cinematic time on this but we don't know the moons exact position relative to the earth and the sun so for me it seems a bit weird for them to have crossed such a distance.Also how was shikamaru able to see toneri if he was that far away?
Not sure about the shikamaru thing but Toneri needed solar energy to use his Justu IIRC so for him to start from the earths shadow and jump to get sunlight by apparent astronomy is needed to at least cross the diameter.However I do agree that we should angsize the distances I already pixel scaled them you want a look?

Also, can I just point out, I don't think the OBD accepted this, it wasn't said at the end and people have a habit of editing the profiles with unaccepted calcs. God Movement (likely the best calcer there) pointed out the perspective looked weird. Regicide didn't agree. Catalyst never showed up.

Also, towards the end, doesn't Naruto reach out for Toneri in slow motion and pretty much every bit of the inbetween travel is not shown as we only see Naruto as he is getting close, floating at a very slow speed. How does one slow down in space :D jk, but seriously it seems off.

Okay. If God Movement and DontTalk both consider it unreliable, that is a major strike against it.

He didn't jump for Sunlight, he was 100% flung. Also, talking is a trope in fiction (Manga and Anime), people can talk for minutes and have only seconds pass and talk for seconds and have minutes pass (See DIO in anime/manga as one example, five second timestop).

Quincy Emperor said:
Also, can I just point out, I don't think the OBD accepted this, it wasn't said at the end and people have a habit of editing the profiles with unaccepted calcs. God Movement (likely the best calcer there) pointed out the perspective looked weird. Regicide didn't agree. Catalyst never showed up.
Why didn't OBD accept the calc?

Locked? Doesn't mean someone with permission may not add an unaccepted calc. There was no agreement from reliable posters on that calc.

Most of lazywakas calcs are overseen by iwandesu and mods he's got no authority over obd his Mach 4000 calc was never accepted so it was accepted God movement stated that the perspective looked weird but his question was answered fully by the calcer.

It is accepted there.Mods were even present in recent calcs and stating "you want sub relativistic God tiers now" they already know of Narutos speed furthermore he was already Mach 10000 over there.

Anyways I won't argue another 100 comments about why you don't think it's legit and why it's an outlier for that matter the staff shall decide whether or not it is if they don't find it reliable then it won't be accepted simple as that.

Why? I can't say why. All I can say is that several renown calcers didn't give the opinions required to accept it and God Movement was opposed to it along with Regicide and some of the calc group here.

Are you seriously just naming random people who disagreed with the calc??

Regicide: "Artistic license GG"

What? Stop spamming your grasping

I don't think it's an outlier.We lack calculatable speed feats and characters are scaled from the maxh 1700 bijuudama (i think).

Anyway can someone answer me what is naruto's accepted speed here?I've seen mach 3000 being mentioned but i have seen no calc for it.

Mach 10000 for reacting too Toneri's attack on the swing where the closer he was to the origin point, the slower the actual feat it, since you are dodging Toneri's hand swing and not the thing dicing up the moon's speed. That feat doesn't scratch Mach 10000...

Mach 1700 is from a Juubidama from a previous form of Juubi that Obito absorbed .

There are no Mach 3000 accepted speed calcs it was just made up as an excuse for claiming outlier.

DarkL clearly stated that blitzing a character is unquantifiable since even the smallest difference is a blitz as the largest difference is as well.

Another point for the Naruto jump to Toneri. He didn't activate his Cloak before jumping and I do not believe that mod is capable of flight, correct me if I am wrong, but he may have put on that cloak to protect himself from the Sun's rays, the vacuum of space or from a possible attack Toneri might do or other unknown factors. He didn't use it for the initial jump.

Frame is cut to him being near Toneri-after Shikamaru talked, with the cloak on.

Regular ninjas are easily capable of jumping a few meters high even without any powers since we'll ever your point?

Protect him from sun rays was Naruto a vampire?

That's a reasonable calc, but again the inconsistancy. Rinne-Sharingan Awakened Madara is Mach 3260 while The Last casual jump from Naruto (likely not powered by his Chakra cloak) is Mach 17000.

That's a huge problem.

Unless you can prove that regular chakra mode Naruto is casually continental then sure .Its inconsistent however that's not the case it was a one year time skip he underwent training and mastered his powers to the point of being able to use kyuubis chakra for pretty much everything.

I'll address some issues brought up by people since I last commented.

-The calc. was indeed accepted by the OBD. Just because a couple of more prominent calcers disagreed (and one was more of a joke) in the comments doesn't mean it wasn't accepted. Besides, God Movement never properly disagreed. He pointed out a reservation of his, LazyWaka explained it to him and the issue was dropped. Thats it.

-This calc. has to do with Naruto's speed in reaching Toneri, not Toneri's speed when he got in view of the sun.

-Naruto did not reach him in base form. He initially jumped in base form and transformed mid-flight. So this speed would only apply to that particular form and others who should be stronger than it.

-I don't think Shika could actually see Toneri. He obviously saw him getting flung away and then noticed Naruto jumping towards the same direction so logically assumed that he was going towards him.

-They were in the suns rays for the fight on the moon's surface, then Toneri got flung into the shadow, then back to sunlight. The position of the moon to the earth is irrelevant as the simple fact that it was in the sun's rays should indicate that the whole crossing the diameter of the earth thing is valid..

-"I do not believe that mod is capable of flight". What? Watch the fight between him and Toneri again, he flies a lot during it.

Doesn't change the fact Naruto jumped before activating his Chakra cloak at casual Mach 17000 with Theatrical Time, Talking is fiction trop, bad perspective, inconsistency to Top/God tier Madara Full Power being leagues slower than Casual Naruto and Toneri, OBD never showed to accept it, no notable calcers showed to accept it on the OBD, Shikamaru seeing Toneri, the cut scene between Naruto jumping and getting close to Toneri.

@Quincy Emperor so is breathing in space... but well you know, the Naruto characters still managed to do it, also you probably haven't watched the movie did you? Doesn't matter if that form can fly or not, you can fly in space doesn't matter your form, and we've seen Naruto and Toneri moving at high speed there, I don't see this sub-relativistic movement as an outlier nothing can prove us that Madara was moving at his fastest when he was ascending he seemed pretty calm and not in a rush to me, and if we take the original Earth's diameter we'd get a speed that's barely 3x faster than mach 3260. Another thing I think Kishimoto wanted it to seem pretty much obvious that Naruto and Sasuke drastically upgraded, Sasuke saved a guy, talked to Kakashi, destroyed a meteor, without anyone even noticing him and Naruto casually overpowered a force that cut the entire moon like butter with his bare hand.

Shikamaru could see him, I see no reason for him to be staring up randomly at Toneri in immense pain and they shouting it was too dangerous when he saw where Naruto was going.

Show me how it was accepted? It was said by another user they needed more reliable posters inputs. God Movement said nothing to agree with the calc when responded too and no others did either.

I have seen the movie, ages ago.

I'm not going to refute your comment since it's entirely subjective. Whether you see it as an outlier or not is irrelevant. Madara was not messing around, he wanted to distract Naruto and Sasuke so he had the time to activate Infinite Tsukuyomi without getting shish-kabbabed by them. He'd be pretty quick about it.

Also, overpowering that force was Continent+ at best, slicing the Moon is not a Moon feat as isn't an upgrade for him.

Naruto obviously didn't jump at Mach 17000, he flew at that speed through his cloak.

We still have no evidence of theatrical time.

How does Madara casually flying up to the moon in any way invalidate this calc? Besides, I think Antvasima had made a good point that fiction writers usually don't care much about inconsistencies. This is especially true seeing as this is after a 2 year timeskip.

Of course OBD accepted it. Its been on Naruto's profile page for like a week. Unless you want to bring up conspiracy theories about how a person secretly changed it then you have no case here.

I already explained the Shikamaru seeing Toneri thing.

If someone (e.g. God Movement) doesn't follow up on a reservation/disagreement they had with a calc. that someone explained, it means they found the explanation reasonable. Simple logic.

First of all the thing you just told me is also just a subjective perspective and doesn't prove anything, "Madara was not messing around", yeah he was just smiling and saying "Here play with these rain drops".

Second thing you got me completely wrong, I never stated it was an upgrade, my point was that Kishimoto's point was clear, he wanted to show us that Naruto got MUCH stronger, certainly doubt he was calculating terratons and exatons.

Things are put on profies without group decision. It was asked for several inputs from people who never game them and they flew with it anyway.

Theatrical time can be cuts between seens and talking. With have no idea how much actual time has passed, even seconds more would effect this calc massively. Shikamaru talks and the scene suddenly shifts to Naruto being near him, no shown travel. Jump/fly and there.

Madara is a God Tier with Rinne-Sharingan unlocked and is superior to Toneri. There is no reason for Toneri to be able to keep up with the Mach 17000 Naruto.

You didn't explain Shikamaru, you just ignored the refute. He has no other reason to stare at the sky and warn Naruto to not go close, since it seems like something very wrong is happening to Toneri.

God Movement never specified he was referring to the thing he was countered on. Why would God Movement ask that when in the original post, he stated he wasn't using that perspective. He could be talking about either.

Back