• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some SMT Early game upgrades

You’re forgetting Observation has the power to affect those significantly stronger and make them weaker. In fact, I think I proposed Observation being the reason you can initially hit Demons during the first battle in the SMT Discord.

I mean, that is sorta what I'm arguing yes

Or at least, that a cop being Tier 7 isn't the most insane thing in the context of the verse

It could be that some demons are just absurdly weak but, we are sorta getting off track from the main point, being that a grand majority at least should be 7-A, likely 6-B+

That is fair enough for everyone, right? Could probably just go ahead and make the changes now and we can continue going back and forth on if we should scale lower demons to lower stuff.

So now your argument is that this random cop is capable of using Observation to such extend? You do remember the power of the protagonists' Observation is an exception instead of the standard right?

So now your argument is that this random cop is capable of using Observation to such extend? You do remember the power of the protagonists' Observation is an exception instead of the standard right?
Yeah, I’m saying it’s only a possibility though. But I’m all for compromise, so I guess Jack Frost & co remain Tier 8?

I mean if the early game protags, a lot of them are just well trained or even normal ass-dudes. I don’t see how a cop being strong or having a common ability is a big shock or stretch.

No opposition on 7-A, likely 6-B+ on the messiahs and those who definitely scale?
6-B is wank. No indication that the Aeros dudes are that strong. It's just extrapolation from a few lines in the Compendium that say "Oh they control the elements."

It's like looking at a description of the benders from avatar and concluding they're Tier 6.

The avatars aren't the embodiments of elemental components and the potential disaster they bring. The elemental demons are.

The avatars aren't the embodiments of elemental components and the potential disaster they bring. The elemental demons are.

"The name given to elementals who represent the power of earth, one of the Four Elements. Erthys embody the power of earth. Unlike gnomes, which can be seen, Erthys are said to be invisible to human eyes."

"The name given to elementals who represent the power of wind, one of the Four Elements. Aeros are also said to embody the scattered essence of Sylph, a well-known wind spirit."

"The name given to elementals who represent the power of water, one of the Four Elements. Water, one of the four elements defined by the alchemist Paracelsus, is ruled by Undine, who is said to be the form that Aquans achieve when they mature."

"The name given to elementals who represent the power of fire, one of the Four Elements. Every flame contains a Flamie, who feeds the flame with its breath."

They are not responsible for natural disasters, not even once. That's not in their Compendiums. In fact, what actually is in their Compendiums is alchemy. They are the four alchemical elements as defined by Ancient Greek philosophy and later codified by Paracelsus. They are related to the four states of energy and also heat and transformation. They are not the fake monsters from Spider-Man Far From Home.

As the person who created their blog I maintain that they are wanked.

Honestly, I do find that agreeable given the actual entries, it's just, that's how it's been treated up to this point.

I mean, if it's wrong it's gotta be changed sooner or later

we talked about this not 10 posts ago come on man

or like, I guess more and that just sounds good but still this thread isn't long

Last edited:
It's for Pele, actually, and their ability to cause volcanic eruptions

It's for early game protagonists, which are the people who actually have profiles to worry about

It's only been like, a few days and you people already forgot the OP existed

So what are the conclusions so far here?

Debate's still going but from what I understand upgrading early game demons to 7-A due to Pele causing eruptions.

Okay. That is probably fine then, unless there are disagreements.

Okay. That is probably fine then, unless there are disagreements.
There are some, again to my understanding, people argued that despite her early-game status Pele is still a goddess and should not be considered equal to fodder demons, and that the very weakest demons such as Jack Frost or Pixie are on a weaker tier than most early game demons anyway.

Okay. Thanks for the information.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints, but somebody can notify me later if you need my help.

It's for early game protagonists, which are the people who actually have profiles to worry about

It's only been like, a few days and you people already forgot the OP existed
I'd like to remind everyone of this as I bump

Mothman is very important

jokes aside he's usually a mid/early game demon

Back