• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Bunkerman and KazuyaProta

So basically these 2 are on pretty much every Powerscaling or Battleboard subreddit (rDeath Battle, rDeath Battle Matchups, rCharacter Rant, rWhowouldwin, rPowerscaling) and they are known for downplaying SMT/Persona. A lot of people who haven't played the games often have a herd mentality with these two and think these verses are weak now and spread misinformation. Based off what I've seen Bunkerman seems like he genuinely believes the verse is wanked and is pretty much always serious with his comments while KazuyaProta acts like a troll at times but also believes the verse is wanked.

These are the anti feats they brought from what I've seen, can someone debunk them here maybe?

• Joker scales to the dozens of cops Akechi sent him, Bunkerman argues that Akechi thought that the dozens of cops was enough to stop Joker.
  • Demons die/get threaten by surface wipes (Nukes, Floods).
  • Kuzuryu can only destroy city and not even with one hit, just rampaged around for a while.
  • The Thieves get threaten by the palaces collapsing, people bring up the entire realm was disappearing/collapsing but Bunkerman also brings up the Thieves were convinced Shido's ship blowing up killed Ryuji.
  • The characters are grounded/down to earth.
  • Characters often not strong themselves through personal power but using "a seat of power', example being Maruki using Mementos to rewrite existence not with his own power.
  • Joker, Ryuji, Morgana get dropped by a net, Joker gets knocked out by a police baton, all the thieves get trapped in a cage, and a bunch of other anti feats in Strikers.
  • Demons/Shadows can die to guns or get threaten by them
  • Junpei and Shinjiro die to guns, Bunkerman brings up the guns in Persona aren't strong because in P3 there is scene where a pocket watch blocks a bullet. (I don't remember seeing this scene after finishing P3P, so maybe it's from FES or from a confidant?)
  • A veteran Persona user dies by falling off a bridge
  • In P2 (I think?) the party gets threaten by a burning building, including the fire users.
  • Bunkerman describes SMT as a post apocalyptic series where you search guns and hockey pads from trash.
  • Demifiend couldn't proceed because of a rotating hall.
  • In Devil Survivor Demons won't survive a microwave wave.
  • Demons take form of cars/can die to getting hit by cars.
  • Tatsuya uses fire bombs instead of his Persona, his face also gets burned by fire when he has Dr Fire.
  • Joker and the crew needed to be amped by the will of the people to beat Yaldabaoth
  • Joker needed the thieves to block Adam's punch so he could get a shot in.
  • SEES gets locked in a mine during the dark hour.
  • A shadow couldn't break down a wooden door during at the beginning of P3.

There's a lot more but I thought these were the most notable, he even has an entire list of anti feats here.

Last edited:
It's fairly ill advised to make an entire thread discussing a bunch of controversial hot takes from numerous offsite folks we deal with and the community here gets annoyed by all the time.

I do notice you're new, so nothing that violates the rules. But it's still heavily frowned upon.

It's fairly ill advised to make an entire thread discussing a bunch of controversial hot takes from numerous offsite folks we deal with and the community here gets annoyed by all the time.

I do notice you're new, so nothing that violates the rules. But it's still heavily frowned upon.
Sorry I just wanted to see the debunks to these anti feats as I want to get into SMT

So basically these 2 are on pretty much every Powerscaling or Battleboard subreddit (rDeath Battle, rDeath Battle Matchups, rCharacter Rant, rWhowouldwin, rPowerscaling) and they are known for downplaying SMT/Persona. A lot of people who haven't played the games often have a herd mentality with these two and think these verses are weak now and spread misinformation. Based off what I've seen Bunkerman seems like he genuinely believes the verse is wanked and is pretty much always serious with his comments while KazuyaProta acts like a troll at times but also believes the verse is wanked.

These are the anti feats they brought from what I've seen, can someone debunk them here maybe?

• Joker scales to the dozens of cops Akechi sent him, Bunkerman argues that Akechi thought that the dozens of cops was enough to stop Joker.
  • Demons die/get threaten by surface wipes (Nukes, Floods).
  • Kuzuryu can only destroy city and not even with one hit, just rampaged around for a while.
  • The Thieves get threaten by the palaces collapsing, people bring up the entire realm was disappearing/collapsing but Bunkerman also brings up the Thieves were convinced Shido's ship blowing up killed Ryuji.
  • The characters are grounded/down to earth.
  • Characters often not strong themselves through personal power but using "a seat of power', example being Maruki using Mementos to rewrite existence not with his own power.
  • Joker, Ryuji, Morgana get dropped by a net, Joker gets knocked out by a police baton, all the thieves get trapped in a cage, and a bunch of other anti feats in Strikers.
  • Demons/Shadows can die to guns or get threaten by them
  • Junpei and Shinjiro die to guns, Bunkerman brings up the guns in Persona aren't strong because in P3 there is scene where a pocket watch blocks a bullet. (I don't remember seeing this scene after finishing P3P, so maybe it's from FES or from a confidant?)
  • A veteran Persona user dies by falling off a bridge
  • In P2 (I think?) the party gets threaten by a burning building, including the fire users.
  • Bunkerman describes SMT as a post apocalyptic series where you search guns and hockey pads from trash.
  • Demifiend couldn't proceed because of a rotating hall.
  • In Devil Survivor Demons won't survive a microwave wave.
  • Demons take form of cars/can die to getting hit by cars.
  • Tatsuya uses fire bombs instead of his Persona, his face also gets burned by fire when he has Dr Fire.
  • Joker and the crew needed to be amped by the will of the people to beat Yaldabaoth
  • Joker needed the thieves to block Adam's punch so he could get a shot in.
  • SEES gets locked in a mine during the dark hour.
  • A shadow couldn't break down a wooden door during at the beginning of P3.

There's a lot more but I thought these were the most notable, he even has an entire list of anti feats here.
1. Joker would likely be unwilling to cause direct harm to the Cops, hence why they could capture him. Otherwise, he could have easily massacred them with a Persona.
2. Said Nukes/Floods are tier 1, or so I heard from other SMT supporters
3. Not knowledgeable on this character
4. ... Said ship is the center of Shido's Realm. Furthermore, since Ryuji evidently didn't even seem scratched, the Thieves thinking he could have died is irrelevant and can be chalked up to High Emotions at the time.
5. This is a Non-Point
6. Ok, and? Yes, characters like Maruki are amped through certain positions or situations. That doesn't mean anything.
7. They also proceed to kill God in Strikers.
8. And this kind of ties in with the above, but, mundane objects often are treated as Tier 1 especially in a Cognitive Realm.
9. Neither Junpei nor Shinji had their guard up. Even the most impossible to hurt characters can be taken down by a tier 1 gun if they aren't ready (If anything, the pocket watch is moreso PIS)
10. Don't know what you're talking about tbh
11. Not too knowledgeable on Persona 2
12. Non-Point
13. Not knowledgeable on Nocturne
14. Not knowledgeable here either
15. Still not Knowledgeable, sorry
16. PIS tbh. And in P5, Characters use these kinds of bombs all the time against Tier 1 enemies.
17. Refer to point 6
18. Yes, because Adam's durability was insane. Doesn't change anything still.
19. Yes, a underground mine with the Shadows they so happen needed to fight.
20. PIS

Nice PFP btw

I would just advise not making thread's for the sole purpose of making fans for a verse have to debunk argument's from offsite, especially seeing as the SMT community in particular have had to to deal with it multiple times on here. It's not exactly productive, and the argument's in question have to always ignore blatant aspect's of the verse that would make any feats that would actually seem only street level to be automatically debunked and/or PIS (Like come on, even if I use a smooth brain a low-ball as possible, are you telling me that beating Yaldabaoth in P5 is a Tier 9 feat?).

Worst case scenario, if you're actually trying to look for a argument against these offsite people, you could always request the community to present their clear and concise evidence for why SMT is the tier it is. But posting a thread with a lengthy list of supposed Anti-Feat's for verse Supporter's to debunk is heavily frowned upon, and while not against the rules, tends to not be terribly productive for people or very well liked of a way to spend time.

Back