• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Or maybe Yu just canonically got to level 81 in Naoto's dungeon in the anime? Or that the level number is just a game mechanic because the Phantom Thieves in Strikers are at full power but are like level 5 at the beginning of the game
That's actually incorrect. The Phantom Thieves in Strikers are much weaker due to being rusty and the fact Igor is not present, meaning Joker can't access his strongest Personas. That statement there is just for gameplay reasons it seems.
BBfUjAB.jpeg

That's near Endgame for all of that. Also she says "reclaiming the power you once held" as in he didn't have it at the start, which is my point. I agree with them being stronger than they were in OG 5 at that point but definitely not in the beginning. Especially since Lavenza says Joker lost his most powerful Personas at the start.

Last edited:
Or maybe Yu just canonically got to level 81 in Naoto's dungeon in the anime
As I've stated multiple times before, this causes an issue with the scaling chain. My point is that a level 81 Yu would be as powerful as his late-game key.

Or that the level number is just a game mechanic
Again, I've already established that levels are acknowledged in-lore.
As proven during the events of Persona Q, a Persona user attempting to wield a Persona of a higher level than themselves results in complete possession.

the Phantom Thieves in Strikers are at full power but are like level 5 at the beginning of the game
MarvelFanatic already explained why this is untrue, but, even if it was, this is not an apt comparison in the slightest. I'm only comparing the levels of Persona and enemies within the framework of a singular entry. I'm not trying to apply the same logic to multiple games.

As I've stated multiple times before, this causes an issue with the scaling chain. My point is that a level 81 Yu would be as powerful as his late-game key.

MarvelFanatic already explained why this is untrue, but, even if it was, this is not an apt comparison in the slightest. I'm only comparing the levels of Persona and enemies within the framework of a singular entry. I'm not trying to apply the same logic to multiple games.
No, late-game Yu would just be stronger. You're making stuff up

They are, but the number isn't

What I'm saying is a level 82 enemy wouldn't be stronger than a level 42 enemy by default

That's near Endgame for all of that. Also she says "reclaiming the power you once held" as in he didn't have it at the start, which is my point. I agree with them being stronger than they were in OG 5 at that point but definitely not in the beginning. Especially since Lavenza says Joker lost his most powerful Personas at the start.
Reclaiming a power he once had doesn't mean he is weaker, it could be talking about abilities. He lost his most powerful Personas because he lost the comendium, he can regain full power at the beginning of the game

No, late-game Yu would just be stronger. You're making stuff up
I honestly don't understand what you're arguing at this point. If Yu has access to Beelzebub, a Persona that cannot be fused until well into the late-game, then he must either be as powerful as his late-game key (which is unlikely, given how he struggles with Shadow Naoto), or the depiction of Shadow Naoto taking hits from Beelzebub is an outlier that shouldn't be used for scaling.

What I'm saying is a level 82 enemy wouldn't be stronger than a level 42 enemy by default
You are under the impression I am arguing Beelzebub is superior to Shadow Naoto simply because the former's level is higher than the other's. However, I am not employing this line of reasoning in the slightest. What I am doing is using the levels of Persona and enemies in order to determine approximately when in the game Yu would have access to a given Persona. Level 80+ enemies do not start appearing in the game until the very end of Yomotsu Hirasaka. If I were using level scaling, which you seem to believe I am, I would use this as evidence to suggest the various shadows fought in the dungeon scale to late-game Yu, which is clearly not what I'm arguing. My point is that Beelzebub, as a level 81 Persona, is intended by the developers of the game to be acquired sometime during the exploration of Yomotsu Hirasaka, which obviously occurs well after the Ameno-Sagiri fight. Beelzebub isn't stronger than Ameno-Sagiri because 81 is a higher number than 75. Beelzebub is stronger than Ameno-Sagiri because, at level 81, Yu would be at a point in the game that occurs after he had already defeated Ameno-Sagiri.

I honestly don't understand what you're arguing at this point. If Yu has access to Beelzebub, a Persona that cannot be fused until well into the late-game, then he must either be as powerful as his late-game key (which is unlikely, given how he struggles with Shadow Naoto), or the depiction of Shadow Naoto taking hits from Beelzebub is an outlier that shouldn't be used for scaling.

You are under the impression I am arguing Beelzebub is superior to Shadow Naoto simply because the former's level is higher than the other's. However, I am not employing this line of reasoning in the slightest. What I am doing is using the levels of Persona and enemies in order to determine approximately when in the game Yu would have access to a given Persona. Level 80+ enemies do not start appearing in the game until the very end of Yomotsu Hirasaka. If I were using level scaling, which you seem to believe I am, I would use this as evidence to suggest the various shadows fought in the dungeon scale to late-game Yu, which is clearly not what I'm arguing. My point is that Beelzebub, as a level 81 Persona, is intended by the developers of the game to be acquired sometime during the exploration of Yomotsu Hirasaka, which obviously occurs well after the Ameno-Sagiri fight. Beelzebub isn't stronger than Ameno-Sagiri because 81 is a higher number than 75. Beelzebub is stronger than Ameno-Sagiri because, at level 81, Yu would be at a point in the game that occurs after he had already defeated Ameno-Sagiri.
Why can Yu only get Beelzebub in the late game? You can get to level 81 at that point in the game

Level 80+ enemies do not start appearing in the game until the very end of Yomotsu Hirasaka

So? Yu can be a lot higher levelled than them

Reclaiming a power he once had doesn't mean he is weaker, it could be talking about abilities. He lost his most powerful Personas because he lost the comendium, he can regain full power at the beginning of the game
No he could not. This conversation with Lavenza was during Alice's Jail, the start of the game. So no, he cannot have his full power here. You do realize that if the Compendium is empty, then there are no Personas for Joker to use right?

His Personas are his power. No Personas = No power.

Anyway, this topic has no place in the thread here. You can discuss this in another thread when you're done with this one.

Last edited:
Why can Yu only get Beelzebub in the late game? You can get to level 81 at that point in the game
So? Yu can be a lot higher levelled than them
These are both non-arguments. It's theoretically possible (if not extremely time-consuming) to grind to level 99 before you finish the first dungeon, but the developers clearly balanced the game in a such a way that the player would always be around the same level as the enemies in the current dungeon, assuming they didn't overgrind. Just check any let's play.

These are both non-arguments. It's theoretically possible (if not extremely time-consuming) to grind to level 99 before you finish the first dungeon, but the developers clearly balanced the game in a such a way that the player would always be around the same level as the enemies in the current dungeon, assuming they didn't overgrind. Just check any let's play.
That's a game mechanic bro

That's a game mechanic bro
I don't know what to tell you anymore, lest I repeat myself. You're entitled to your own opinion, but I'm not going to continue this discussion if you won't elaborate on your arguments. I've explained how levels aren't strictly game mechanics, and you seem to be grasping at straws for counterarguments, so I'm simply going to wait for outside input.

Bump.

I should also note that the majority of Beelzebub's fusion components (Pazuzu, Seth, Belphegor, Belial, Mot, and Baal Zebul) are impossible to be fused and summoned by Yu until he has reached the late mid-game up to the late-game, and only appear naturally in Shuffle Time during late-game dungeons. The reason I brought this to light is because we already incorporate this type of reasoning into our profiles already. Joker doesn't gain access to BDE until his False Endgame key due to the fact he cannot summon Parvati until Shido's palace. In a similar vein, skills such as Sword Dance, Agneyastra, Riot Gun, and Vorpal Blade as restricted to his Mid to Late-game key because, assuming one's playing the way the developers intended, he wouldn't have access to such skills until that point in the game.

Last edited:
yoshitsune doesn’t have a page right now. Also, what power would Hassou Tobi be? I can’t really name a power on VBSW that fits the description of Hassou Tobi

So in Persona, Martial Arts and Swordsmanship beats wiping people of the face of the earth. Via Morgana telling you to sleep

Dude, it's a bit unprofessional to baselessly accuse someone of being a alt.

SP is definitely more so a game mechanic to symbolize Stamina. When your Party Members run out of SP in Persona 5 and you talk to Party Members in Safe Rooms via the table, they will state things along the lines of "I'm running out of Energy" or "I'm starting to get tired", implying that SP really is just their general stamina, measured via a game mechanic. SP draining skills seem more like skills that drain the opponents Stamina/Mental Fortitude or something to that effect.

And well... Luke basically already heavily fought the idea of 1-A Shadow Naoto. The Anime, while we do use it as a source, should not take presedence over the Game's, in which the developer's intent was for the Persona in question to come a significant time after the Sagiri and Adachi fights. Being able to grind and fuse it prematurely is just a aspect of the Leveling game mechanic being abused.

I don't have many other opinions here of great consequence, though Ren using a Curse skill to Erase the Curse Immune Loki is... Well, questionable.

Last edited:
Back