• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random One Piece CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that once again, I’m doing another One Piece CRT. Let’s see how this goes…

This thread will mainly revolve around the scaling of the Post-Timeskip and Hody’s Energy Steroids shtick.

Let’s talk about Mr. Hody Jones, the One Piece drug addict.

The Energy Steroids has been accepted since it is applied on his profile but for those who don’t know, it is a strength enhancing drug which amps the user’s strength by 2 multiplicatively. It is as simple as a multiplier statement can get honestly.

I would like to propose that Overdosed Hody should get a multiplier of around 5 or more ES, in other words, a x32 multiplier. Why so? Well, it is because we have a scene in the manga where Hody literally took 4 ES at once, but however, he did not undergo his whole ‘Overdosed’ transformation. Which is why the number of Energy Steroids he must have taken must exceed that of 4 ES, so a lowball number of 5 or more ES seems like a good lowball.

And that is it for the multiplier of ES for now.

Onto the Scaling.

There will be some changing of Scaling for some of the characters, so I will list some of the changes:
  • Firstly, we need a separate key for Chinjao before and after his battle with Straw Hat Luffy. The reason being is this statement from Chinjao. So he should have a Pre-Coliseum and Post-Coliseum key.
  • Secondly, the rating for Post-Coliseum Chinjao and Elizabello II will change to be that of half of Stone Golem’s Pica’s AP. The reason being is that they stop a punch from Pica. That is all.
  • Next, Pre-Coliseum Chinjao should be equal to G2 Luffy. Here is the evidence for the change.
  • Nami’s rating will also change as well. Nami is shown being able to harmed a green dragon with her lightning attacks. This green dragon is stated to be an improved and durable version of the large model red dragon that could withstand Gear Two Luffy’s attacks.
  • For similar reasons as Nami, Brook and Punk Hazard Kin’emon will have their rating change as well. They were, together, were able to took down the same green dragon that is stated to be an improved and durable version of the large model red dragon that could withstand Gear Two Luffy’s attacks.
  • Another change will be Pica, separating his Stone Golem and his Base Human stat. His Stone Golem will be scaling off this feat performed in his Golem state while Base Pica will scale to possibly whatever Zoro rating for being able to clash with him.

Here is a sandbox with a rough example of where characters will be if all above is accepted and whatnot, this will also include other multiplier like the G4 multiplier:

Aaannnnnddddd that pretty much it. Let’s have a good, polite time discussing things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly, the rating for Post-Coliseum Chinjao and Elizabello II will change to be that of half of Stone Golem’s Pica’s AP. The reason being is that they stop a punch from Pica. That is all.

Why are all of these characters scaling to Chinjao and Elizabello II?
  • Sai
  • Ideo
  • Leo
  • Hajrudin
  • Orlumbus
  • Bellamy
  • Baby 5
  • Buffalo
  • Dellinger
  • Senor Pink
  • Machvise
  • Giolla
  • Base Hody
Some of these make sense. Some of these I have to question.

City level+ is a bit of a jump from the Small City level+ that base Hody is scaling to right now.

I don't think that Elizabellow and Chinjao should be upgraded to City level+. The 134.16 Megatons calc is for Pica regrowing his torso + arm, not for him actually punching. They should scale to their own Small City level+ calc for destroying Pica's arm.

Last edited:
Why are all of these characters scaling to Chinjao and Elizabello II?
  • Sai
  • Ideo
  • Leo
  • Hajrudin
  • Orlumbus
  • Bellamy
  • Baby 5
  • Buffalo
  • Dellinger
  • Senor Pink
  • Machvise
  • Giolla
  • Base Hody
Some of these make sense. Some of these I have to question.
Base Hody > Usopp and Nami > Buffalo > Baby 5 > Sai > Lao G > Chinjao
Dellinger > Ideo ~ Sai
Hajrudin > Machvise > Franky > Baby 5 and Buffalo
Orlumbus comparable
Bellamy ~ Base Luffy
Senor Pink ~ Franky
Leo and Giolla are unknown for now.
City level+ is a bit of a jump from the Small City level+ that base Hody is scaling to right now.
This value isn't even 6 times the calc that Hody scales from previously. The feat was like 11.7 Megatons from Chinjao and Elizabello. This is literally the next tier, it's nothing too bad. Just a tier up.
I don't think that Elizabellow and Chinjao should be upgraded to City level+. The 134.16 Megatons calc is for Pica regrowing his torso + arm, not for him actually punching. They should scale to their own Small City level+ calc for destroying Pica's arm.
I can destroy a 5-A arm and calc it to be tier 10, doesn't mean I should scale to the tier 10.
Pica is more exhausted from punching than regrowing his limbs.
Newton's Law is applied with Pica's punches since the rocks didn't break in collision with the ground.

Base Hody > Usopp and Nami > Buffalo > Baby 5 > Sai > Lao G > Chinjao

The Sai that beat Lao G is not the Sai that fought evenly with Baby 5. He unlocked Haki to be able to defeat him. Likewise for Don Sai and Ideo. Ideo should not be scaling to his feat of beating Lao G.

And why is Buffalo scaling to Baby 5? There's no reason for it on his profile.

And didn't Franky beat Baby 5 and Buffalo with Iron Franky, which he didn't have access to when fighting Machvise?

Ussop and Nami's scaling is very questionable as well tbh. Their keys for Post-Timeskip are not in a good condition.

I can destroy a 5-A arm and calc it to be tier 10, doesn't mean I should scale to the tier 10.
Pica is more exhausted from punching than regrowing his limbs.

This value isn't even 6 times the calc that Hody scales from previously. The feat was like 11.7 Megatons from Chinjao and Elizabello. This is literally the next tier, it's nothing too bad. Just a tier up.

When you combine a tier up with a 32x multiplier, then it does have a significant effect.

How exhausted he is has nothing to do with it. He's not using physical effort to reshape the rock into his golem body.

Newton's Law is applied with Pica's punches since the rocks didn't break in collision with the ground.

You're comparing two different feats. Pica punching the ground does not automatically have the same value as him regrowing his torso and arm.

Why do we have to be in a position where every single Post-Timeskip character is scaling to Pica? Because he has the highest calcs? Do none of these other characters have their own feats and calcs we can scale them to?

You're comparing two different feats. Pica punching the ground does not automatically have the same value as him regrowing his torso and arm.
Alternatively if regrowing his torso and arm aren't considered accurate then would the calcs for him punching & standing up be ok?

Alternatively if regrowing his torso and arm aren't considered accurate then would the calcs for him punching & standing up be ok?
A calc for him actually punching would be more reasonable than what is proposed in the OP.

But personally I would still only scale Elizabello and Chinjao to their feats of actually destroying the arm.

IMO the scaling for all of the low-tier Post-Timeskip characters needs to be revamped in detail first. Characters like Nami and Ussop who are apparently critical for Hody Jones' rating have really bad justifications.

A calc for him actually punching would be more reasonable than what is proposed in the OP.

But personally I would still only scale Elizabello and Chinjao to their feats of actually destroying the arm.

IMO the scaling for all of the low-tier Post-Timeskip characters needs to be revamped in detail first. Characters like Nami and Ussop who are apparently critical for Hody Jones' rating have really bad justifications.
What about the upper tiers?

The Sai that beat Lao G is not the Sai that fought evenly with Baby 5. He unlocked Haki to be able to defeat him. Likewise for Don Sai and Ideo. Ideo should not be scaling to his feat of beating Lao G.
We discussed this in the previous CRT, he kicked his attack out of mid air without any Haki involved prior to his feat of kicking him in his head.
And why is Buffalo scaling to Baby 5? There's no reason for it on his profile.
Portrayed to be comparable to Baby 5, took Nami's lightning when Baby 5 was knocked out, Baby 5 couldn't do any damage to Franky until Buffalo used her.
And didn't Franky beat Baby 5 and Buffalo with Iron Franky, which he didn't have access to when fighting Machvise?
This is a good point.
Ussop and Nami's scaling is very questionable as well tbh. Their keys for Post-Timeskip are not in a good condition.
What's the issue with them?
When you combine a tier up with a 32x multiplier, then it does have a significant effect.
The fact that the multiplier wasn't there initially is a weird issue.
How exhausted he is has nothing to do with it. He's not using physical effort to reshape the rock into his golem body.
That's not the point, does he use physical effort to move his golem and punch? Because it's all the same ability, controlling stone.
He didn't show that prior to making the golem, he didn't even show it when he made the golem or moved all the stone around
Pica regrows stone, no effort.
Pica punches, effort.
Regardless of if it was physical effort or not, they're all from the same source and it all falls under one ability.
Why do we have to be in a position where every single Post-Timeskip character is scaling to Pica? Because he has the highest calcs? Do none of these other characters have their own feats and calcs we can scale them to?
Because 2 low tier people countered a punch from him and broke his stone.

If a dozen people scale to a high tier for a unified attack, I will split their AP via the number of people there. The fact that a stone golem is supposed to be a hundred times stronger than 2 characters that matched it's attack is astonishing.

We discussed this in the previous CRT, he kicked his attack out of mid air without any Haki involved prior to his feat of kicking him in his head.

Portrayed to be comparable to Baby 5, took Nami's lightning when Baby 5 was knocked out, Baby 5 couldn't do any damage to Franky until Buffalo used her.

This is a good point.

That's not the point, does he use physical effort to move his golem and punch? Because it's all the same ability, controlling stone.
He didn't show that prior to making the golem, he didn't even show it when he made the golem or moved all the stone around

Pica punches, effort.
Regardless of if it was physical effort or not, they're all from the same source and it all falls under one ability.

If a dozen people scale to a high tier for a unified attack, I will split their AP via the number of people there. The fact that a stone golem is supposed to be a hundred times stronger than 2 characters that matched it's attack is astonishing.
I think this is beautifully said and stated. It is pretty weird that this multiplier was never used.

So he deflected the attack. He didn't stop it or hurt him until he used Haki.

That goes to show how bad the profiles are currently if none of that info is there.

The current justifications need a lot of reworking. Sanji's Blue Walk technique doesn't have Small City level+ AP; it's a movement technique, not a fighting technique. Usopp just has "should be more durable then before" to justify a Town level to Small City level+ upgrade.

Sure - but relying too heavily on multipliers isn't a good thing. Bleach and Dragon Ball come to mind.

Pica punches, effort.

Same ability =/= Same AP.

Simply moving the rock without any movement of himself may require no physical effort because it isn't a physical action on his part. Raising his arm back and punching with it is a physical action and for all we know that requires physical stamina on Pica's part. It doesn't mean he is necessarily using more energy than what it takes to regrow his body parts.

I don't think the Stone Golem is a hundred times stronger than them, but I don't think simply being manipulated by Pica's ability makes the stone a hundred times more durable either.

I just think it is better for the two of them to be scaling from their calced feat of destroying the arm. Not trying to scale Pica's punch to a different feat from Pica and then scaling it to them. It's like saying that Ace's Fire Bullets is equal to his Sun Emperor because it is the same ability.

Let's sort out some of the more prominent issues in the profiles before rushing into this.

Looking at the values, this all looks good, but if y'all need to work out your scaling, then feel free to do that

Sure - but relying too heavily on multipliers isn't a good thing. Bleach and Dragon Ball come to mind.

Let's sort out some of the more prominent issues in the profiles before rushing into this.
The multipliers would be inconsistent depending on the verse, and the gap between feats and god tiers. In this case, it just closes in the gap between the god tiers and mid tiers/high tiers. There's still around an over 3000X difference.

Yeah, that would be the best thing to do.

Hody Jones seems like he is the crux of this, as much as Pica, so looking at his profile:

His attacks force Usopp to dodge his attacks to avoid harm.

Dodging attacks was something we ruled against being a reason to scale in the Doflamingo thread. It's pretty natural that Usopp wouldn't want to be hit even if the attacks wouldn't do significant damage hypothetically.

Managed to capture and enslaved Surume, who is strong enough to withstand Franky’s Rocket Launcher.

I don't think we saw base Hody Jones enslaving Surume, did we?

Can harmed and draw blood from King Neptune with his attacks, who was regarded as a powerful adversary by Brook.

I don't believe King Neptune currently has a profile or a durability feat to scale from.

Was stated to be way stronger than Arlong

Well, this is something undeniable at least.

He was capable of destroying a large palace pillar and wall by merely gripping it

This is a legit feat from base Hody Jones and could be calced in theory.

Took multiple gunshots to the back and was completely unharmed

Should go without saying that this isn't a great durability justification for the tiers we're talking about here.

Does this seem like a fair assessment?

Reducing this down to useful / reasonable feats, we get down to:

• He was capable of destroying a large palace pillar and wall by merely gripping it
  • Was stated to be way stronger than Arlong
We also have his feat of tearing apart a ship while only using a couple of energy pills.

Last edited:
I believe Chinjao should only scale comparable to Gear 2nd Luffy whilst both are using Haki. When he took the first punch, Luffy made an implication that he was holding back despite being somewhat impressed with Chinjao's durability. The statement from Luffy heavily implies he wasn't giving it his all.
  • "At least Low 7-B, 7-A with Haki" (Using CURRENT scaling as I'm not to familiar with the current suggestions) for example would be fine to me.
I do not believe Chinjao should be given separate keys from before and after the fight with Luffy. He just has terrible stamina due to his age, and I don't think we ever see him using Haki against Lao G (correct me if i'm wrong). If anything, Lao G should simply scale from Chinjao (whilst excluding Haki).
  • Gotta remember Haki uses a lot of stamina and becomes less effective the more tired a user is... determination is a different subject entirely (see Luffy).
I disagree with the Nami bit. Electricity/Lightning is dura-negating. At the very most, only scale her lightning (since she does later have feats of harming Ulti with it, but again, dura-negation).

I think I argued for the Chinjao/Elizabello stuff. Still agree with it, but it would only be a supporting feat for Chinjao seeing as how his scaling would be above that feat (scaling to Gear 2nd Luffy w/ Haki).

Kin'emon and Brook upgrade makes sense due to them cutting down the dragon together (and the fact Kin'emon is shown being as power as he is later on, and Brook could fight his torso in a gag-scene).
  • The feat would scale to Kin's base stats, while his AP w/ Haki scales from his feats against Kaido.

I'm neutral on Pica.

Does this seem like a fair assessment?

Reducing this down to useful / reasonable feats, we get down to:

• He was capable of destroying a large palace pillar and wall by merely gripping it
  • Was stated to be way stronger than Arlong
We also have his feat of tearing apart a ship while only using a couple of energy pills.
He used no pills during this portion.

It's a fair assessment except the Usopp one. Usopp was shivering in fear from Hody and comparing him to Arlong of all people...
Everything else looks fine, but the > Usopp should stay

It's a fair assessment except the Usopp one. Usopp was shivering in fear from Hody and comparing him to Arlong of all people...

Yep, the fact that he's above usopp would keep hody's base at Low 7-B. I agree.

I believe Chinjao should only scale comparable to Gear 2nd Luffy whilst both are using Haki. When he took the first punch, Luffy made an implication that he was holding back despite being somewhat impressed with Chinjao's durability. The statement from Luffy heavily implies he wasn't giving it his all.
"I thought I hit him pretty hard too" maybe not his all, but it was a lot, and he was unfazed by it
I do not believe Chinjao should be given separate keys from before and after the fight with Luffy. He just has terrible stamina due to his age, and I don't think we ever see him using Haki against Lao G (correct me if i'm wrong). If anything, Lao G should simply scale from Chinjao (whilst excluding Haki).
I quote
Screen_Shot_2021-04-27_at_9.30.34_PM.png

I just wanted to add this on, incase there's any other analogies on this. Usopp being afraid of Hody clearly should show that Hody obviously scales above him, since Usopp was willing to fight luffy of all people pre-timeskip, and had absolute no fear of fighting him head-on, but here he's terrified of hody. I don't see why Hody should be downgraded that badly.

I just wanted to add this on, incase there's any other analogies on this. Usopp being afraid of Hody clearly should show that Hody obviously scales above him, since Usopp was willing to fight luffy of all people pre-timeskip, and had absolute no fear of fighting him head-on, but here he's terrified of hody. I don't see why Hody should be downgraded that badly.
Don't think you can compare those two, Usopp got one shot by Luffy but was willing to fight him anyways as that's how much merry meant to him.

Usopp has traditionally always been a coward. And since Hody didn't actually hit Usopp we don't know how effective he'd be so that would still only be a "possibly" rating at best.

It's not a solid basis to use as the foundation of a multiplier, compared to his other feats such as destroying the walls of palace or being stronger than Arlong.

If we go by the rationale of those two feats plus Usopp's current justification of being superior to his Pre-Timeskip self, we get "At least Large Building level+, possibly Town level" for Hody Jones' unaugmented AP.

Last edited:
Usopp has traditionally always been a coward.
Usopp to an avalanche
0607-008.png

Usopp to King Neptune before he knew Zoro was there
0613-014.png

Usopp to the Fishmen (please look at his quote)
0636-009.png

Usopp alongside Chopper handling one general of the New Fishmen Pirates
0640-010.png

Usopp 1v1ing
0643-011.png

Usopp to the first dragon
0656-013.png

Usopp to the Dragon who's superior to the previous one who took hits from Luffy while he was there to witness it
0682-014.png

Usopp to the big ass fish
0710-006.png

Usopp to Baby 5 and Buffalo
0695-010.png

Usopp to Trebol
0741-014.png

Usopp to Page One
1011-011.png

I quote Usopp
0598-012.png

And since Hody didn't actually hit Usopp we don't know how effective he'd be so that would still only be a "possibly" rating at best.
That whole scene just shows he's superior to him in AP at least since he's there wiggling in fear.
It's not a solid basis to use as the foundation of a multiplier, compared to his other feats such as destroying the walls of palace or being stronger than Arlong.

If we go by the rationale of those two feats plus Usopp's current justification of being superior to his Pre-Timeskip self, we get "At least Large Building level+, possibly Town level" for Hody Jones' unaugmented AP.
I'm almost 1000% against someone getting a solid Large Building level+ when they didn't die against Zoro's slash and they were seen as a thread to Usopp and Brook

I'm almost 1000% against someone getting a solid Large Building level+ when they didn't die against Zoro's slash and they were seen as a thread to Usopp and Brook

I posted that as an example for what his current justifications would get him.

Scaling base Hody remotely to Zoro in any way is something that I oppose since Zoro was extremely casual and one-shot him until Hody could recover thanks to the Energy Steroids.

We were given a feat of what Hody Jones would accomplish without energy steroids. And an example of what he could do after a few energy steroids.

If we want to scale Hody Jones fully to at least Town level based on being physically stronger than Usopp, then sure, that'd be a lot higher than Large Bulding level+.

Last edited:
I posted that as an example for what his current justifications would get him.
Not disrespecting you with this next comment (if it seems like that, I apologize)
Hody being lower than anybody not relevant pre timeskip is a huge issue to me.

If Hody was that weak, Brook and Usopp would've went to go beat his ass in the beginning of the fight.
Scaling base Hody remotely to Zoro in any way is something that I oppose since Zoro was extremely casual and one-shot him until Hody could recover thanks to the Energy Steroids.
Hody reacting to Zoro's slash and not instantly dying from someone who's willing to kill people left and right is someone that I wouldn't want over 9 million times weaker than Zoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back