• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
I have two things to address:

• 1) DMC:TAS Dante's Holy Manipulation, which basically comes from "It's holy because it worked on a demon", which is not necessarily correct and honestly sounds like a stupid leap of logic, especially when Rebellion is a demonic weapon, which kinda contradicts it having any holy attributes that were never showcased before and after. This may as well be Soul Manipulation, but that was rejected in the past too, so it's better to remove this ability altogether, as even the wiki questions the certainty of what power did Dante demonstrate with this.
  • 2) I think god-tiers' tier should be changed to "At least High 6-A, possibly higher", as while the feat from Mundus is still too vague to measure, the characters of his caliber and beyond are obviously far superior to Abigail.

Sorry, but I can't agree with number 1

In Devil May Cry Lore, Angels and Demons are kinda the same being, I'm not saying that Dante is a angel, but his demonic energy can kinda have Holy properties, and affect other demons, since we don't have a proper separation to Evil Energy and Good Energy there, demons like Savior, for example, with a shockwave, affected Fortuna with his energy, but only demons died. Dante being a user off Demonic Energy doesn't make him "non-holy", it would depend off the Lore, and DMC already proved that Demonic Energy from certain users does have Holy properties against other.

We have a similar feat with Majin Form the Manga

And Exorcism is stated in this Wiki as Holy Manipulation

Unsure about number 2

You can ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here if you wish.

Angels can only be argued to exist as an idea in DMC.

Isn't Majin Form thing in DMC is just Fear Inducement?

Maybe I should not quote Angels, I may have been misinterpreted

The point is that in Devil May Cry "Demonic Energy" is not synonymous with "Evil Energy", and it has already been shown as capable of affecting other demons by differentiating them from other beings, such as The Savior, and as was the case with Dante, able to perform exorcisms on demons even though he is one of them. Being "Demonic" in nature doesn't make you necessarily "non-holy" depending on lore's condition, we just have to see Holy properties, and we have in DMC

Majin Form is scary, but i'm not talking about this, in the Manga, this form was able to revert beings to their original state

Your argument goes both ways. If Demonic energy in DMC is not always evil, then why all of a sudden a weapon made with demonic energy should ALWAYS be holy?

I said it's not necessarily evil

Devil May Cry 4, Dante's Arms File — Rebellion: "A memento given to Dante by his father, this large magical blade is the physical manifestation of Dante's power."

Dante and Sparda are Demons in their essence, but as I said being a demon doesn't make you necessarily non holy, specially when you have feats of Holy properties, and Dante have two of them, and both are exorcism, which is listed in Holy Manipulation page. The fact that other demon weapon can affect demons with physical blows it's not necessarily Holy without a statement of something like that

Thank you. I suppose that this should be fine to apply then.

Just because a demon is involved doesn't mean it's explicitly exorcism, otherwise all of Dante's powers could have been argued to work only against demons, as they're basically the only thing he fights.

There are other stuff I want to bring up

In the anime Dante gets sucked into a demon made of acid and showed no sign of damage do could he have resistance to acid manipulation.

In 3 Dante was able to resisted nevan's life force absorbing by going devil trigger so could be listened as having some resistance to life force absorption

Could Vergil Nero and sparda scale to dmc 3 Dante's resistances

In Dante anime key could we add higher with devil trigger has he did take out Abigail casually by going DT for a second

If the demon himself posed no threat to him, then its acid is just not strong enough to harm Dante. And he has regen, so...

Pretty sure breaking out of bosses' grab attacks with DT is a game mechanic.

No, we do not scale resistances like that.

Not sure if it's necessary.

but the acid didn't leave a mark we didn't see him regenerate the damage and his clothes were intact as well. Before this the acid the demon use has been shown melting glass and melting a guy into a puddle

Base anime Dante was actually on par with abagail during the clash both showed no signs of them over powering each unit Dante went devil trigger

" Base anime Dante was actually on par with anime Dante during the clash both showed no signs of them over powering each unit Dante went devil trigger "

Huh?

So is anybody willing to perform the accepted changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back