• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Fire Emblem: Awakening/General Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Emblem in general:
Anyone with passive healing should be granted Regeneration (High-Low), since it has been shown numerous times throughout FE that healing magic can heal deep wounds, and sometimes even being stabbed/impaled. Ex: Elise and Sakura healing Gunter after he impaled himself, healing magic helping Sylvain and Manuela heal from deep stab wounds, Maribelle saying that people need to see her if their wounds are too deep, etc. Again, this is only for those with passive healing abilities.

Awakening:

- Robin: Give them Darkness Manipulation (as seen here), and Type 8 Immortality (As Robin can survive killing Grima, despite their lives being linked so long as their bond with their allies are strong enough). This might also grant them Low-Godly Regeneration, as Robin can be seen disappearing after killing Grima.

- Chrom and Future Past Lucina: They should have all the powers of the Shield of Seals, as they own it. So they have Passive Mind Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Low), Earth Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, and Sealing. Also they should just be outright High 6-C, as (Naga stated that Chrom's power would now be her equal). Chrom and Lucina should also have various lances as a part of their standard equipment due to being Great Lords.

- Lucina: She should be given in her notable techniques these following abilities, as she can have them in Lunatic+ mode: Pass, Vantage+, Luna+, Hawkeye, Pavise+, Aegis+, and Counter. So in terms of abilities, it would be Empowerment (via Vantage+), Homing Attack (via Hawkeye), Damage Reduction (via Pavise+ and Aegis+), Attack Reflection (via Counter)

Last edited:
JustSomeWeirdo was actually planning to give characters High-Low regeneration. It's actually been consistent that characters survive seemingly fatal wounds such as getting stabbed in the chest. And attacks that would cause 3rd degree burns. But regeneration is good yes.

The Robin additions seem solid, but I think the Low-Godly regeneration seems like a one time thing. And possibly same with Immortality type 8 actually. But Darkness manipulation seems solid.

Chrom and Lucina's big list of abilities seem fine, but they're already scaled from Grima. But being Naga's equal is a good backup statement. And I'm fine with the extra lances.

Also, why should Lucina get all those abilities again? I thought it was only agreed we grant abilities from their own classes.

I don't think it is necessarily a one-time thing, just that survival isn't guaranteed. Naga does say that so long as the bonds between Robin and their allies are strong enough, Robin could come back. But it should be noted in the profile that its not guaranteed that Robin will come back.

I put in the part about Chrom and Lucina, since on the profile it says "though this may simply be a specific function pertaining only to the Exalted Falchion and its relation to Grima"

Since when was that agreed for Lucina? If she has shown to be able to use the skills as an enemy, I don't see why we can't allow her to have those skills. Plus, we do allow characters in Three Houses to have their enemy skills, the same should apply here.

And about that regeneration, yea High-Low seems alright, as we do see Gunter literally impale himself.

Last edited:
The Regeneration seems fine

For the Darkness Manipulation for Robin: It looks more like Electricity but with a different color to me.

I guess the Immortality Type 8 could work since he is reliant on the bonds of his friends to resurrect, though it is unsure how long it takes for Robin to resurrect himself.

Don’t know much about the Shield of Seals tbh, if those are the abilities that the shield have shown in previous games or in lore, then it is okay.

I believe Future Past Lucina and Chrom are scaling to the exact same tiering as Naga via Big Boi Dragon already. I guess they could get lances added via their Great Lord class, though this will also applied to Awakening Lucina as well.

The enemy skills addition should be okay, though this would also to every bosses and enemies in the game due to the nature of Lunatic+ Mode (exception being Grima and Validar for reasons).

The Darkness does have a dark aura around it, so I think it can also be classified as darkness manipulation. I think the Type 8 may not take too long, since Chrom and Naga do say that he did survive, so it could just be that be vanished, and reappeared somewhere else. Then again, thats just assuming.

Medeus Type 8 is basically, he can only be killed by someone who doesn't have a single drop of darkness in their heart iirc.

Actually, I think that he is talking about humanity as a whole, as he doesn't just refer to Marth in several quotes.
  • “Ugh...I...lost...to the humans...But remember, Prince of Light. One day...As long there is darkness, my manifestations will appear. Remember... As long there is light, there will always be darkness...”
  • “GWA...! WHY... WHY HAVE I BEEN DEFEATED... SO EASILY...... IS THIS... THE POWER... OF NAGA'S... Binding Shield...? BUT...HUMANS, DON'T FORGET... AS LONG AS GREED LIVES ON IN YOUR HEARTS... YOU WILL LOSE THE SHIELD AND I WILL RISE FROM THE EARTH ONCE AGAIN... REMEMBER...TH...IS”
  • “Urgh... I could be... Defeated by humans... But the heart, Altea's prince, protected by the light... There will be one day... When peoples' hearts only have evil inside them, and that is when my manifestations will appear. The heart... As long as there is light, darkness will never fade away...”
  • “GWAH...! WHY......? WHY... HAVE I... BEEN DEFEATED... SO EASILY...? IS THIS... THE POWER... ...OF NAGA'S... Binding Shield...? KNOW THIS, HUMANS... THIS LIGHT IS ONLY A BRIEF RESPITE... SO LONG AS EVIL LURKS WITHIN THE HEARTS OF MAN... SHOULD THIS ACCURSED SHIELD BE LOST, WE SHALL RISE FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL... DO NOT... EVER FORGET...”
About that last quote, it seems that the Shield is the only thing keeping Medeus from resurrecting, so rather than Marth, I think it's the shield that nulls his Type 8.

Anyone with passive healing should be granted Regeneration (Mid-Low or High-Low), since it has been shown numerous times throughout FE that healing magic can heal deep wounds, and sometimes even being stabbed/impaled. Ex: Elise and Sakura healing Gunter after he impaled himself, healing magic helping Sylvain and Manuela heal from deep stab wounds, Maribelle saying that people need to see her if their wounds are too deep, etc. Again, this is only for those with passive healing abilities.
  • It seems fine; It seems to be High-Low, from the evidence.
Robin: Give them Darkness Manipulation (as seen here), and Type 8 Immortality (As Robin can survive killing Grima, despite their lives being linked so long as their bond with their allies are strong enough). This might also grant them Low-Godly Regeneration, as Robin can be seen disappearing after killing Grima.
  • I am not sure about Low-Godly and Immortality Type 8, either; it does seem like Robin coming back could be one time thing based on the circumstance. Darkness Manipulation look fine.
- Lucina: She should be given in her notable techniques these following abilities, as she can have them in Lunatic+ mode: Pass, Vantage+, Luna+, Hawkeye, Pavise+, Aegis+, and Counter. So in terms of abilities, it would be Empowerment (via Vantage+), Homing Attack (via Hawkeye), Damage Reduction (via Pavise+ and Aegis+), Attack Reflection (via Counter)
  • Seems fine.
- Chrom and Future Past Lucina: They should have all the powers of the Shield of Seals, as they own it. So they have Passive Mind Manipulation, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Earth Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, and Sealing. Also they should just be outright High 6-C, as (Naga stated that Chrom's power would now be her equal). Chrom and Lucina should also have various lances as a part of their standard equipment due to being Great Lords.
  • High 6-C seems fine; though, At least High 6-C like on Naga's profile could work. I am not family with the Shield of Seals' powers so I am neutral.

Robin is reliant on the bonds to come back, but they aren't necessarily guaranteed to come back. So its more of a limited form of Type 8 Immortality. And Naga does legit say that they will be erased from existence if they kill Grima, since they are one and the same, yet they are able to survive due to their bonds.

The Shield of Seals is composed of several gems that have those abilities, they are listed in the wiki. Also, on that note, all SoS users should have Power Nullification (via the Lightsphere, since it negates terrain, effective bonuses, and critical hits), and Life Manipulation (via the Geosphere, since it moderately damages all units on the map at a set rate).

I haven't played Awakening, but I think this all seems reasonable. The only things I'm slightly iffy on are Type 8 Immortality and Low-Godly Regeneration, but it seems reasonable (it just seems weird, but an argument from incredulity is not an argument, and the evidence seems at least somewhat reasonable).

Basically, I agree with everything.

By the way, when was it agreed that characters could only have abilities from their "main" classes? (Keep in mind, I'm not super familiar with any game that isn't Three Houses, so I don't know if characters can actually change classes at all besides promotions. Because of that, it could only be a Three Houses issue and I wouldn't know, so I would like clarification on that too).

I think we only allow their main classes because they are "canon" to the story. I think a "possibly" for the Type 8 and Low-Godly Regen might work

It looks like all abilities aside from Type 8/Low-Godly seem to be accepted. Though there doesn't necessarily seem to be complete opposition to it. Should we just not include it, or is a "possibly" fine?

I know DragonMaster said he's on hiatus, but I can try to ping more Fire Emblem supporters @JustSomeWeirdo @DemonGodMitchAubin @KingEzran @ChocomilkAlex @Elizhaa
Um...I'm a Fire Emblem supporter, but I'm not super knowledgeable on the verse. However, I'll try to give my comments based on what's being said. The Regen seems accurate in my opinion.

Moving onto Robin. I don't know if I would call that Darkness Manip. It's dark in color but it looks more like Energy and/or Electricity manipulation. Next, Immortality. That is not type 8. It looks like a high resistance to the specific magic due to an in-verse concept. But to say Robin could never die because of his bond doesn't seem to be shown. Also, I would not count that as regeneration. It's more like a Resurrection if you ask me?

When it comes to Chrom and Lucina, I suppose everything looks in order so...that's about all I can say @Rtxthegamer and @DarkDragonMedeus. Enjoy your day!

I didn't put it as resurrection since both Naga and Chrom says that he survived, rather than dying and coming back.

I didn't put it as resurrection since both Naga and Chrom says that he survived, rather than dying and coming back.
Well if he didn't die, then I'm sure he didn't experience the total destruction of his body, so...Low-Godly is probably out of the picture.

KingEzran makes some valid points yes.

Last edited:
I mean in the linked video the Avatar Body that Grima was using totally vanished on death, Robin's body starts to smoke and disintegrate with flakes coming off in that last cutscene, both bodies are totally gone afterwards leaving only Dragon Grima's corpse, the ending monologue for the characters has their disbelief that Robin 'disappeared', like Fredrick saying he can't believe it.

No mention of a corpse, only mentions that they need to search for him, or hope he comes back...Robin was gone. And the only character that has an explanation why is Naga claiming that 'bonds' could bring him back.

Plus the final cutscene mirrors the first, implying they found Robin where they first found him, nearly a whole continent away from where Grima's battle would have been.

I don't know how that's not a Type 8, it was the 'bonds' that Naga mentioned would keep him a part of this world, that's a concept that tethers him. And it seems like a logical jump to see one body vanish, another starts to disintegrate, and there be no corpses left behind, and then when Robin IS found it's implied he's countries away, and assume some part of him is left that no one bothers to mention.

Combat applicable? Probably not. But deserving to be on his page? I'd say yes, I agree with OP on it.

I don't know how that's not a Type 8, it was the 'bonds' that Naga mentioned would keep him a part of this world, that's a concept that tethers him. And it seems like a logical jump to see one body vanish, another starts to disintegrate, and there be no corpses left behind, and then when Robin IS found it's implied he's countries away, and assume some part of him is left that no one bothers to mention.
But does that count as an immortality if it only works on a specific magic that pretty much only one character used in this specific verse? It is a concept, yes. But from what I've seen, it's not implied that it prevents him from dying, but rather it prevents him from dying from this. It seems too restricted and specific to be called Type 8 in my opinion.

This doesn't seem special to me though. Robin is just supposed to die when Grima does due to a quirk of them being the same person so the attack is also suicide.

Grima's not using any spesific power or magic to make this happen it's just a verse rule based on who Robin is, and Naga doesn't imply that the bonds prevent this, just that Robin could be restored after the fact.

To me Naga's not implying that the two events were directly related if she's confident that Robin will likely die but there's a chance he can be 'tethered'. Plus, Naga knowing this at all doesn't make sense if this isn't possible in other circumstances, Grima's never been killed before, that's why Robin's important here, yet Naga's at least knowledgeable of a possibility that 'bonds' can possibly bring a person back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back