• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo Leveling Discussion Thread 1

Prior knowledge and prep time gonna work?

Thankfully i still have plan B if Mori isn't good: Sung Jin-Woo vs Kuuga
I feel like Mori is out of his league. A great battle in the future. probably about a year or so is Mori vs Garou when they're both tier 5. Garou should still have an advantage skill wise. As for jin woo, idek who works.

Never in my life that i would hear that Kamen Rider is equal to the end of world

I just realize something, since the series was over long ago, do they showed some of crazy things?

Never in my life that i would hear that Kamen Rider is equal to the end of world

I just realize something, since the series was over long ago, do they showed some of crazy things?
You mean Solo Levelling? Um …. Monarchs have EE but that’s kind of it. Jin-Woo just beats up everything after he kills Baran on the 100th floor and doesn’t show off anymore abilities since he either outstats or has gotten to the point that the system is gone.

SL anime when... 🤕
A famous leaker said it is in production.

To be safe, until we get reasons to be more optimistic, we should expect God of Highschool level of rushed adaption but with worse animation.

Jin-Woo coulda gone up against Tier 5 Bleach if we were still using the numbers = potency stuff. Now tho …… hmmm.
Even if we simplify it as non-exponential increase, while the amount of Mana gets massively large, the other stats (like strength) from level 1 to 160 are like 20x higher.

The issue is that the world destruction and the planet being reinforced with Mana statements can easily be Tier 6.
We could argue for Tier 3 but it would be dubious since basically everyone Jin-Woo struggled with during the Japan arc would be Tier 3.

Last edited:
Considering a Solo Leveling game has already been announced it isn't impossible that an anime could get released.

Ufotable could do some justice🗿
lol exactly the color palet fits perfectly with Ufotable's style. It would look so ******* clean, too bad they are too focused on Mid Slayer :|

(no offense to Demon Slayer fans)

lol exactly the color palet fits perfectly with Ufotable's style. It would look so ******* clean, too bad they are too focused on Mid Slayer :|

(no offense to Demon Slayer fans)
i read the manga(not a spoiler) and i mean great last arc but so rushed 🤕 mid slayer indeed. also not tryna hate on the animation as its very great, the newest episode felt very weird, felt like a MHA type of slideshow action fight and it felt like some very advanced cgi was used except it didnt seem like it. im confused.

i read the manga(not a spoiler) and i mean great last arc but so rushed 🤕 mid slayer indeed. also not tryna hate on the animation as its very great, the newest episode felt very weird, felt like a MHA type of slideshow action fight and it felt like some very advanced cgi was used except it didnt seem like it. im confused.
the animation is really good, i am mostly talking about the story :|

Studio: A-1 pictures
notable works: fate, SAO, persona, early seasons of SDS, kaguya sama, 86...
overall: 10/10 studio to do solo leveling since it has sharp and vibrant coloring just like fate and SAO.

Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
too lazy to list his stuff...
overall: 8/10, really good at climax points(SL has alot)

Character Design: Tomoko Sudo
Notable works: Black Butler, fate, alice in borderland...
overall: idek, pretty good

Head Writer/Script: Noboru Kimura
Notable works: gangsta, persona, my girlfriend is shob*tch, amagami ss...
overall: idek again

Director: Shunsuke Nakashige
Notable works: arifureta, some RE:zero, some SAO...
overall: 8/10, arifureta direction was meh imo

overall good group, lot of the people already worked the same projects together so they got better chemistry than most.

Amazing studio, but I am going to remain cautious because of involvement with Crunchyroll. Remember what happened to God of Highschool.

If Crunchyroll has them cut out too much content the series could easily turn into another SAO.

I'm not to worried. I mean, how hard can it be? You can't **** up Solo Leveling of all manhwa.

I'm not to worried. I mean, how hard can it be? You can't **** up Solo Leveling of all manhwa.
It would be very easy to **** it up. Say they cut out all the work he does to become strong in the instant dungeons and whatnot instead of fully showing him grinding the shit out of em to get stronger. It's a likely edit they could make if they don't have enough budget and time (depends on what chapters Crunchyroll wants them to animate and how much they're paying).

A change like that would completely mess up the audience's perspective of Jin. It would make it seem as if Jin got all his levels and power for free. Which leads to him feeling like just another power fantasy character like Kirito.

Solo Leveling is definitely pretty fast-paced with a lot of action and pretty short chapters.

Honestly, they could probably reasonably adapt like 4-5 chapters per episode and it wouldn't feel rushed.

For reference, the God of Highschool Anime went at a whopping 10-11 chapters per episode IIRC.

Solo Leveling isn't as long as God of Highschool so they could reasonably adapt a sum of chapters per episode and I think it'd be fine.

Hey btw when are we updating the Solo Leveling pages they suck lol.

If no one has any plans I suppose I could reread the series and try making some sandboxes.

I had plans to start updating pages but god am I a lazy fuckwad. I have the novel downloaded so I can go reread it I just haven't gotten to it.

Solo Leveling isn't as long as God of Highschool so they could reasonably adapt a sum of chapters per episode and I think it'd be fine.
God of highschool was absolutely dogshit so yeah it'd be pretty hard to do anything that egregious so far I have hole it'll be good

Back