• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo Leveling Discussion Thread 1

The_Foolish_Omniscient_Guy

VS Battles
Retired
Solo Leveling is getting more and more popular so i guess a Discussion thread will be welcomed.

WARNING!:This Discussion contain a lot of spoilers from the Light Novel so if you haven't read yet... well i recommend you to read it.

SungBadass

Neat.

I have read the MTLs for the ending, but I don't really know how to rate the stuff.

Well, staying spoiler free, there are statements of destroying the world, and somehow in context it could either mean "destroy all life on the planet", "destroy the planet" or "destroy the universe".

Actually, i just begun to read the Light Novel so i wasn't even aware that there was world destruction statement. I am at chapter 148, just after when Sung saved his sister from Orcs and let Beru (Ber) cleaning a A dungeon with the fifth best guild.

So this will be near the end of an arc. I think i'm going to continue reading the light novel right now. Between, this Ant King is so badass, he is actually becoming my favorite shadow, the former being Igris.

As for the images of Igris and the others, i'll try to render it someday but the black smoke from the shadows are so difficult to render. I'll do my best.

Well, the giants introduces you two one of the two main sides, but the whole "destroy the world" comes later.

Just on thing before i read. The two main sides you are talking, does it have a connection with Sung's quest to return to the place he was at the beginning of series with the sadistic statue, you know, this freak:

Statue of God

What do you think about the feat of percieving magical lightning at slow motion and dodging it? An S-Rank Hunter was able to dodge it barely as well, so it can scale to S-Rank speed.

The magical lightning has lightning-like movement and sound, can create stun effect (though Jin can't induce the status effect with the weapon), and causes burns. Lightning spells are considered A to S class spells because they combine "the destructive power of fire-based magic as well as the speedy nature of the light-based magic".

Also, if magical armor and weapons are craftable, they should mass produce magical bullets and magical nukes.

I don't think magical lightning really fits the criteria... I remember something that made me doubt it.

Another problem with tiering Sung I had is that a character that could kill his 7-C key (and who he was matching in said key) would have also been able to kill him in his "world ending" key (tough he was too slow).

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Neat.
I have read the MTLs for the ending, but I don't really know how to rate the stuff.

Well, staying spoiler free, there are statements of destroying the world, and somehow in context it could either mean "destroy all life on the planet", "destroy the planet" or "destroy the universe".
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the latter. The only time I remember that being used is *Spoilers* when the Dragon Monarch made a big ball of magical energy and instead of using it offensively, he used it on the planet so it wouldn't be instantly destroyed by their armies, but it was noted that he if he had used it offesnively, it would have easily cracked it.

Yes, apparently if your world doesn't have mana, even 'weaker' monsters can destroy it.

It's the whole reasoning for the main bad guys. That one makes worlds, the other destroys it, over and over.

And this creation is later equated with the god of the verse, who up and create all of reality.

Spoilers

Not sure that you can equate the process of creating the universe and the process of battling for one planet at a time. Also the 'Messengers'/Rulers did not create worlds, they defended them. Even after they got the power of the [Absolute], they still didn't get an enough edge over the Monarchs to decisively defeat them.

Spoilers

They are quiet clearly said to be creating,though it's most likely with an item they got like with the time Reversal one. Them not being able to decisively defeat monarchs doesn't make them not scale since there isn't one clear feat for them due to the whole planet becoming more durable over the years.

Which chapter was that? The only mention that I remember was that

Spoilers
The Messengers (Rulers) were designed to protect worlds, not to create them. The one making them was the Absolute, who would just keep making things for them to defend so he could keep himself entertained with their wars.
Chapter 219:

There was light and darkness at the same time when nothing had begun.
The [Absolute] split the light into eight God's Messengers, and the darkness into
eight monarchs.

At the beginning, Monarchs who wanted to destroy the world and God's
Messengers who wanted to save the world, killed and killed each other's soldiers
endlessly.
After a long war. Tired of the never-ending war, the pieces of light asked The
[Absolute].
( TLnote - Pieces of light = God's Messengers, as they were created from the
fragments of light when the absolute broke light)
"O Ruler"
"Why don't you help the faithful servants who fight for you?"
"Why do you ignore our pain?"
"Do you not hear the screams of countless soldiers that die for you?"
"Help Us"
"Give us strength to destroy them, we will cut their heads off for you."
But The [Absolute] did not respond to them. Then they learned the truth of the
[Absolute].
For the [Absolute], the fight between them and the monarchs was nothing but
entertainment, and the [Absolute] didn't want the fight between them to end.
They were deep in despair, as they realized that the war would never end as long
as the [Absolute] existed. Their despair soon turned into anger.
They drew the sword to end this meaningless fight. The rebellion had begun.
Jin-woo saw and endless number of soldiers covering the universe.
|}

Spoilers
There are also the feats at the end where he became as big as a mountain and stated to have World-ending power when he fought with the Dragon Emperor.

Spoilers
Yeah, there is that too. Anyways, am I the only one that thinks he should have not been able to beat all Sovereigns on his own post time travel? The ice elf alone was stated to be able to one-shot him if he only hits, and dragon could stalemate him for quiet a bit. All of them at once should have really won.

Spoilers
Yes. After awakening as the Shadow Monarch he dispatched all the other Monarchs easily. He basically almost one-shot the weaker ones. And he went to hunt them one on one in their specific worlds, and for some reason the Dragon Monarch decided to wait for it.
The power-ranking would go (imo):

1. Sung Jin-Woo (EoS)

Even the seven Rulers were afraid of him going ragainst after accumulating the power of all the Monarch's armies. Now busy fighting extra-universal threats with his son.

2. [Absolute]

Creator of the setting. Needed the combined effort of seven messengers and their armies to be defeated. And possibly some PIS since he had artifacts capable of time-rewind.

3. Monarch of Destruction

Could easily kill other Monarchs. Even Sung Jin-Woo with all the power of the Shadow Monarch could die from a bad hit of the Monarch of the Destruction. And the Shadow Monarch was afraid of angering him.

4. Sung Jin-Woo (final Battle)/Shadow Monarch/Leader of the Rulers (?)

The Shadow Monarch was the one who brought a new balance to the war. Could compete with the Monarch of Destruction for a time by accumulating the death energy from the Earth.

5. Ashborn (pre-death as a Messenger)/Messengers with the tools of the Absolute (Rulers)

Ashborn was said to be the strongest of the Messengers. The Messengers with the tools of the Absolute were able to almost win the war until the Shadow Monarch was born.

6. Other Monarchs/Messengers without the tools (with the Demon Monarch being the weakest)

Not sure about the rankings here. We only know that the Demon Monarch was the weakest, to the point that even Jin-Woo could kill him before even reaching level 100. |}

I am awere he did, I'm simply saying that he shouldn't have been able to. They had full memory, so them going one at a time was... eh.

Depending the size, it's probably 7-B. There is also a hurricane feat eventually if I remember correctly. But yeah, it could be calced.

Seems like that's just his magical aura flashing.

Although I remember that at the strongest levels it could also damage the unprotected enviroment.

Where did you see clouds being dispersed? Do you talk about the manhua or the light novel?

If you see clouds in the manhua then i might be blind.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
Where did you see clouds being dispersed? Do you talk about the manhua or the light novel?

If you see clouds in the manhua then i might be blind.
The calc itself..?

Yeah the calc but i saw now what was taken as clouds so i won't continue discussing this matter. By the way, i've finished the main story. There is just the side stories left.

Well, the king of beasts was stated that he could destroy the world with is Spiritual Body manifestation at his weakest.

All that is left is to discover what is the definition of world in Solo Leveling (Planet? Surface of the Planet? Universe?).

I think that world refer to the Planet itself since the Sovereigns goal is to destroy the Universe and they tried to do so by destroying "worlds" which could only be planets and certainly not the universe itself.

So i think Sung is 5-B which is normal since he has done Saitama's training

At the worst, he would be Low 6-B since Antares (the Dragon Emperor) was stated multiple times to shake the world and to be able to burn everything in the world to ashes and Sung also shook the world by hitting the ground when he lost his father.

World shaking feat are rated Low 6-B if the tectonic plates were not moved in the process, else High 6-A if the plates are moved.

Should be fine, since apparently fighting on earth would destroy it before it was strenghtened by mana, too.

Back