• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo Leveling Discussion Thread 1

Longevity is repeated twice in his third key. I don't recall Endurance being said to increase lifespans.

Dagger throw increases his range as well. It should be mentioned that he can teleport the dagger he threw back to his inventory.

Strength: Increases physical strength and speed and even durability by bettering the users bones. -> Increases physical strength, speed, and durability by bettering the user's muscles.

Agility: users -> user's

Endurance: durability -> health. Not sure about status effect resistance or increased lifespan.

Wolf Slayer: All stats increased by 40% while fighting furry enemies, from pandas to werewolves. -> All stats are increased by 40% while fighting beast-type monsters. (Jin-Woo vs furry matches when?)

The title part is missing at least one entry, won't elaborate cause novel spoilers.

Casaka's Armored skin (Passive Skill): All damage is reduced by 25% (Even if not received through the skin) - > Reduces physical damage by 20%.

Triumphant over Adversity: For every HP lost, gains 1% extra for stats. -> Stats increase proportionally to missing health, resulting in a 1% stat increase for every 1% HP missing.

Shadow Swap: Swaps places with a summoned shadow. Has a small cooldown (Does not have any cooldown after becoming a True Monarch). -> Swaps places with a summoned shadow. Has a cooldown of two hours, and no cooldown after becoming a True Monarch.

Also, since the novel translation can be inconsistent (ex. endurance/vitality/constitution), do you think we should switch to Jaimini's Box's translation and terms since people will be primarily introduced to the series through the webtoon?

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Also, since the novel translation can be inconsistent (ex. endurance/vitality/constitution), do you think we should switch to Jaimini's Box's translation and terms since people will be primarily introduced to the series through the webtoon?
Yes, i think we should do so, the majority of people knows Solo Leveling through the Webtoon so it would confuse them if we use terms from the Light Novel.

I've updated Sung's profile by the way.

Actually, there is an interesting picture that show the island from above. That may be used to scale the size of the Volcano based on the average size of an Island.

For the former, I haven't been reading the comic and assumed this is on the jeju Island arc when Sung fights Beru. For the latter, it s a real world island, you can Google it.

Eruptions of basalt and trachyte lava built the island above sea level, and it now reaches a height of 1,950 metres (6,398 ft). A large volcanic crater over 400 m (1,300 ft) in diameter tops the volcano. About 360 parasitic cones, or oreum (ýÿñÙªä) in the Jeju dialect, are found on the volcano's flanks.
~ Wikipedia​

I don't remember the chapter, but it was where he and Sung dick measured with their aura.

It s not getting higher than 7-C tough. Jeju Island is too small to fit for larger scale earthquackes

Woah I didn't know that Solo-Leveling has a discussion thread but I would like to point out that Jin-woo's summon should have Mid-Godly instead because they are reforming from nothingness as long as Jinwoo have mana. I'm gonna work out on other S-rank profile's like Cha Hae In and other summons like Raisel

They are not reforming from nothingness. He has his souls trapped on his 'shadow' (which apparently grows with his power until it becomes a full planet-sized dimension).

If the bodies that he projects get destroyed he just needs more mana to make some more. But if someone directly destroys their souls like the Monarchs and Rulers can, it's game over.

Yoooo this is so lit!!!

I didn't know we had a verse page

Did u guys read the latest two chapters!!!

Bro I love the HXH feels and that new Ant who is most likely the prince is insanely strong

Also can I ask how did Jin become 5B!? I don't have a problem with it all but is the manga where it normally gets released lacking behind other sites??

Hello dude, welcome!

If you didn't read the LN, I advice you to be careful of spoilers because there is a lot.

Well, I like how the artist made a badass Ant King without copying and pasting Meruem.

AstralKing7 said:
Also can I ask how did Jin become 5B!? I don't have a problem with it all but is the manga where it normally gets released lacking behind other sites??
Are you sure you want to know? the profile is based on LN so there is spoiler.

Spoilers
The Beast Monarch, who's one of the 8 Monarch that was created to destroy the universe was stated to be able to destroy the world even though it has been strenghtened by magic. It also said that a clash between the Rulers and the Monarchs would destroy the Earth if the Rulers didn't filled the Earth with magic.
And Sung Jin-Woo managed to fight and overpower the Beast Monarch and the Ice Monarch at the same time even though he was far from having the Full Power of the Shadow Monarch.

I'll add it then.

Also, i don't know where you saw the Ant King shaking Jeju Island but in the traduction i've read, he only shook the Queen's chamber, which is nowhere as tall as the Island.

But the 7-C for him won't change since he basically stomp the likes of Tusk.

Recently, i've been thinking that the Rulers and Monarchs might scale to the Absolute Being, who created the universe:

At first, i thought that the Rulers being able to kill the Absolute Being was a PIS since they have never shown or been stated clearly to have universal power. But after, the Rulers took artifacts that contained the power of the Absolute Being and even with that, they didn't truly became that much powerful since it was enough for the Monarchs to match them with Osborne's help.

Osborne also implied that just like we humans created machines that surpass us in order to do more complex tasks, the Absolute Being created the Rulers and the Monarchs that surpass him in order to see an impressive fight.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Shouldn't MC have a profile for EOS after the timeline reset? I remember him having a FTL statement.
I think making a profile just for EoS isn't appropriated. As far as i know, we do another profile for a character if he has another version of him (example: Estarossa being Mael but not having the same history and personnality than him, the different version of Archer )

But I am interested to know where you see the FTL statement.

"Soo-Hoh's eyes grew wider as they caught the sight of the man's palm closing in on his face faster than the speed of light.

The boy squeezed his eyes shut.

And soon, the light completely blinded him."

From chapter 268 or 269.

Back