• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solidifying Manga Saint Seiya a 2-A Cosmology (Quick and easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So basically, the current wiki has only accepted 2-A Cosmology for Saint Seiya that uses scans, and stuff from the anime which the anime canon has been split for the manga.

this is just for solidifying an uncontroversial baseline for the total cosmology of the manga side of the verse.

We have 2 instances of the Multiverse being stated to be infinite

68ezPoX.png

時間軸から弾き出され
次元の狭間を彷徨いながら
永遠に闘い続ける運命の者
You're somebody whose fate was to be expelled from your timeline, to wander the gaps between dimensions, to go on fighting for eternity.

無限に存在する多次元を移動しながら
Drifting through an infinite number of multiverse(s.)

無限に存在する「現在」を救う為永久に闘う「修羅」と化したのか?
Have you taken the form of an Asura/Shura who fights for eternity in order to save an infinite number of presents?

8wUm6EI.png

無限に存在多次元宇宙その世界に広がる永遠の滅びの中で
Among the eternal destruction that extends across the worlds that make up the infinite multiverse(s)

別の世界の自分すら倒し未来を変える道を探し続けた
he has defeated even alternate versions of himself and continued to search for a path to change the future

Important thing here is that the multiverse(s) is stated to be infinite

we also have a statement on infinite worlds

INCONCLUSION;

The manga aspect of the franchise should have a solid base for a 2-A Cosmology.

When I looked at the arguments, it really made sense to me.

But I would like to draw your attentionIn the infinite multiverses section, there is a word that means Infinite dimension, not infinite multiverse. The word dimension gets complicated at some point because the word dimension can mean three things. Earth, galaxy or universe, I don't understand what meaning you are using here. "次元" Because that means "dimension" in Japanese. So there is something else too

.generally correct.

When I looked at the arguments, it really made sense to me.

But I would like to draw your attentionIn the infinite multiverses section, there is a word that means Infinite dimension, not infinite multiverse. The word dimension gets complicated at some point because the word dimension can mean three things. Earth, galaxy or universe, I don't understand what meaning you are using here. "次元" Because that means "dimension" in Japanese. So there is something else too

.generally correct.
its multiverse. Its not just me that translate it that way. There is 3 other translators (besides me) that translated the kanji you mentioned about as multiverse.

its multiverse. Its not just me that translate it that way. There is 3 other translators (besides me) that translated the kanji you mentioned about as multiverse.its multiverse. Its not just me that translate it that way. There is 3 other translators (besides me) that translated the kanji you mentioned about as multiverse.
Personally, I cannot agree with what you say. As I said, the word size means "次元" in Japanese. So, in summary, what is written there isIt means moving in an infinite number of dimensions. It's not a multiverse. I don't know which translation you are using, but as I said, my thought gets complicated here because the word dimension comes from "次元" in Japanese.

Personally, I cannot agree with what you say. As I said, the word size means "次元" in Japanese. So, in summary, what is written there isIt means moving in an infinite number of dimensions. It's not a multiverse. I don't know which translation you are using, but as I said, my thought gets complicated here because the word dimension comes from "次元" in Japanese.
your missing a kanji in there. its 多次元 not 次元 for both of them

Link it(not for me, for others) since some might have some contention
im looking for it. Even if it seems contentious for some people. the alternative translation doesn't take away the meaning. Still means the multiverse is infinite.

Edit: its here

As I said earlier, dimensions are timelines. The character pictured (Shura) is moving through timelines to combat gods in many (infinite) worlds. The wordage of the translation is wrong, but the meaning in context is the same thing.
That would give immeasurable speed, lol

Obviously agree.
As Hasty said, dimensions in this context refer to timelines

@Executor_N0

I am not interested in the thread as such and my contribution to this thread may be null, but I translated 4 times the same text and I never got multiverse.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Normally I would refrain from bothering but could you verify this simple translation?

I want to make note that im not the only one that translated this as multiverse.

Libra_Jay whom in a discord channel im also in was asked this question by fans as well, and Jay also translated it as multiverse.

fans also took to R/translator about this as well multiple times, and also was translated as Multiverse

and i believe Executor_N0 , unless i am misinterpreting him also translated it as multiverse here, when he was asked to verify a translation in the past

Edit:

The other reason We all collectively translated it as multiverse is due to context and narrative of the story, and saying "Infinite multidimensinal universe" or "Infinite multiple dimensions" just sounds straight up weird and almost nearly incoherent in English

Last edited:
@Executor_N0

I am not interested in the thread as such and my contribution to this thread may be null, but I translated 4 times the same text and I never got a mention of "multiverse".

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Normally I would refrain from bothering but could you verify this simple translation?
ERREGGGHHGHGHHGHGHH...

Don't mind that, that's the imaginative sound of being NAME DROPPED.

And ho boi...let's see.

無限に存在する多次元を移動しながら

Mugen ni sonzai suru tajigen o idō shinagara

While moving through an infinite number of dimensions,--

Hmm...yeah, this one by its raw text, it would be an infinite number of dimensions. There's no mention of "multiverse". That would be more for 多元宇宙/Tagen Uchu, literally "multiverse".

As for this thread, I got no stake on it except being name dropped like a CoD killstreak.

I want to make note that im not the only one that translated this as multiverse.

Libra_Jay whom in a discord channel im also in was asked this question by fans as well, and Jay also translated it as multiverse.

fans also took to R/translator about this as well multiple times, and also was translated as Multiverse

and i believe Executor_N0 , unless i am misinterpreting him also translated it as multiverse here, when he was asked to verify a translation in the past

Yeah contextually it means multiverse in story due to other statements and other implications

Ty, you got 999 agrees on thread as rewards, just post the request on my wall.
edited my previous comment, but also contextually and narratively, The word multiverse makes more sense to translate it into. Me personally, i think this is the Author trying to do a little word play with the japanese language due to context in his previous series where the multiverse is contained in a bubble that and this greater cosmological structure is called "The Universe." But that is for a future CRT and not the topic of this one. and i oversimplified that explanation by a lot.

Ah, a curious thought since it reminded me of the few times I actually translated a few SS TL requests over on that subreddit.

Has the author of the series actually ever equated the usage of "multi-dimensions" (Tajigen) to mean multiple universes (or multiverse, if you like)?

If so, I can see it being used to mean multiverse even if they didn't use Tagen Uchuu.

Ah, a curious thought since it reminded me of the few times I actually translated a few SS TL requests over on that subreddit.

Has the author of the series actually ever equated the usage of "multi-dimensions" (Tajigen) to mean multiple universes (or multiverse, if you like)?

If so, I can see it being used to mean multiverse even if they didn't use Tagen Uchuu.
Well the scans being used here are being used in the context of Shura who is being thrusted out of the Timelines of the Dimensions (parrellel universes) and being forced to dimensionally travel to other universes to fight there.

Also in his pervious series there was an established structure of the multiverse

The Multiverse is contained in a bubble called "The Universe."

So i honestly think the kanji being used here is some 5D Chess word play to be used both to mean "Multiverse" and literally Multidimensional universe." because "The Universe" holds "Dimension" which are parallel universes and infinite of them.

Typing fast because im going back and forth with Chores and typing so im sorry if my wording is a bit inchorent.

edit: if you wish to see what im talking about. This isn't every scan related to the multiverse but most

Ah so universes are equated to dimensions then? Neato.
well it goes like this

"The Universe." > Multiverse > Dimensions (parallel Universes)

edit: in essence though, yes Dimensions are equated to parallels universes.

The author appears to try and establish a hierarchy with that

This thread isn't for that greater cosmological structure named "The Universe" though. This is just to establish a minimum rating for the whole verses cosmology

well it goes like this

"The Universe." > Multiverse > Dimensions (parallel Universes)

edit: in essence though, yes Dimensions are equated to parallels universes.

The author appears to try and establish a hierarchy with that

"The Universe" sounds like a simple way of saying the "greater universe" that is the Saint Seiya series.

Goddamn, that is large.

Then again, the entomology for universe technically means "all things that exists" or something based on my random internet surfing.

But yeah, it probably is the author's weird complicated intent to mean it as another form of multiverse...or multiple dimensions (universes).

Something. But yes, that can be for another discussion perhaps.

"The Universe" sounds like a simple way of saying the "greater universe" that is the Saint Seiya series.

Goddamn, that is large.

Then again, the entomology for universe technically means "all things that exists" or something based on my random internet surfing.

But yeah, it probably is the author's weird complicated intent to mean it as another form of multiverse...or multiple dimensions (universes).

Something. But yes, that can be for another discussion perhaps.
@Dereck03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back