• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solid Snake vs Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake wants to capture a Pikachu for Mei-Ling.

Round 1.-Morals (Snake tries talking and toying with Pikachu at frist, giving Pika the frist attack, Snake wants to capture him, so only tranquilizer weapons allowed.)

Round 2.-No Morals. (Snake takes after his father and wants to have a Pikachu for dinner)
Pikachu
Solid Snake1

I've actually thought about this battle a lot. My thoughts have always been that Pika wins with high difficulty due to slightly greater speed most likely and potentially higher durability, as well as being more versatile with the amount of Pokémon moves it can properly use.

Couldn´t Snake use his stealth?

It´s not like Pikachu has augmented senses or inmunity to tranquilizer darts.

Also, Snake DOES have some experience with electricity.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Are those darts going to be more effective than poison from some of the poison types like Weezing and Muk?

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Are those darts going to be more effective than poison from some of the poison types like Weezing and Muk?
Snake´s tranquilizer darts are able to take down elephants.

And...tranquilizer darts are not poison.

I vote for Snake myself.

Snake should be able to knock him down, if he manages to dodge Pikachu's bolts and other range attacks

Pikachu wins if he goes to long range.

69 and Pikachu go with Pika.

I go with Snake for both rounds due to superior, human intellect, weapons and tranquilizer darts, which give him the advantage imo

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
I go with Snake for both rounds due to superior, human intellect, weapons and tranquilizer darts, which give him the advantage imo
Due to Pikachu's higher speed, i'll vote for him. I don't see Snake ever landing a hit on him.

Remember, that Pikachu knows what a Gun is, so he's not going to just stand there and let it shoot him.

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Due to Pikachu's higher speed, i'll vote for him. I don't see Snake ever landing a hit on him.
Remember, that Pikachu knows what a Gun is, so he's not going to just stand there and let it shoot him.
Snake still has stealth and Octo-Camo.

Pikachu doesn´t have the senses to know if Snake would shoot him while hidden.

Stealth gives Snake the edge

And Snake is also bastly more intelligent than Pikachu.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Pikachu was able to react to Ghost Type that have the ability to turn invisible IIRC.

Snake is more intelligent, i'll give him that.

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Pikachu was able to react to Ghost Type that have the ability to turn invisible IIRC.
Snake is more intelligent, i'll give him that.
Pikachu couldn´t react from a bullet shot on his back.

Nor he could detect Snake.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Implying that Pikachu's only sense is his sight. Pikachu's shown in the manga to have a much better sense of hearing than he does sight, and even possesses a keen sense of smell. I don't know much about Snake's stealth, but does it remove sound and smell?

Pikachu reacts to Riachu's THUNDER which is CtG lightning and thus faster than a bullet.

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Implying that Pikachu's only sense is his sight. Pikachu's shown in the manga to have a much better sense of hearing than he does sight, and even possesses a keen sense of smell. I don't know much about Snake's stealth, but does it remove sound and smell?
Pikachu reacts to Riachu's THUNDER which is CtG lightning and thus faster than a bullet.
Well, Snake does not have a particular smell, and he moves silently, silent enough to fool Genome Soldiers (Who also had superhuman senses of smell and Hearing)

I agree, but in this scenario, Snake would shoot Pikachu while hidding, Pikachu has no way to dodge it if he can´t see it, right?

Also, Snake can throw/punch stuff around to distract Pikachu. He is a little animal, after all.

Snake's not winning round 2 due to Pikachu's higher durability. Not sure if he's losing either, but I'm giving it to the mouse if Snake can't dodge Lightning bolts, as they'd light up wherever he's hiding.

Round 1 definitely goes to Pikachu since he has the first shot. Pikachu should (admittedly speculatively) be able to resist tranq darts if he's experienced Jigglypuff's songs.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
I agree, but in this scenario, Snake would shoot Pikachu while hidding, Pikachu has no way to dodge it if he can´t see it, right?
He Dodges natural Lightning, which is many times faster than a bullet.

This is a very and I mean VERY tough match to judge. Is there any evidence of how fast Pikachu is? Snake has dodged electrical discharges before and can match a guy capable of shooting lightning bolts out of the air so he should theoretically be capable of dodging Pikachu's electric blasts

It is now. Reason I said at least because he dodged Lightning. It's unknown because it could be higher, and we don't know how to scale it. He used to be MHS, before the Pkmn unknowning happened.

Another thing to mention is intelligence. Snake is a master of improv and he has a variety of weapons that he can use in creative ways, stun grenades, sleep grenades, C4 explosives, claymore mines etc. So if direct confrontation with Pika fails Snake could use his other gadgets in various ways. Also a lot of Pikachu's best moves were all down to Ash, not Pikachu. Any major pokemon fans out there can say how smart Pikachu is on his own?

This could be either Ash's Pikachu, Red's Pikachu, Satoshi's Pikachu, etc. I know a lot about the first two. Ash's Pikachu had a lot of adventures on his own, as evidenced by that giant mechanical pokemon episode, some other episodes where he got separated form ash, and most if not all of the Pikachu movie shorts. Red's Pikachu had that whole thing with Yellow, so, yeah.

Pikachu has avoided explosions before. While it would work, him getting caught in the explosion isn't 100%. Might even be less than 50%. Mines might work, but animals have that sort of instinct.

True, but Snake has his bandanna, which gives him infinite ammo, giving him the ability to spam several of his strongest weapons, and as a result he doesn't have to be conservative when setting up traps

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Well OctoCamo doesn't mask Snake's scent, as it was confirmed in the MGS4 fight against Crying Wolf, however, Snake still managed to win by adjusting his position and moving downwind. Since Pikachu is an animal, Snake would probably think of moving downwind to escape Pika's scence of smell.

Wow. huh... Umm... warp tech maybe?

But about Pika's smell, he'd still have to get away from Pika's hearing or an omnidirectional thunder/shock wave.

The real cal howard said:
Wow. huh... Umm... warp tech maybe?

But about Pika's smell, he'd still have to get away from Pika's hearing or an omnidirectional thunder/shock wave.
I think someone already mentioned this, but in MGS he managed to sneak by the Genome soldiers who all had superhumanly acute senses including hearing also his stealth skill has been described as being better than being able to turn invisible.

As for the electrical discharges, well Snake as mentioned is pretty fast. He's dodged electrical dischrages before. Big Boss, whom he is a clone of was able to dodge Volgin's lightning strikes and he was also fast enough to dodge Vamp's throwing knives, a feat Raiden stated that he couldn't replicate (who was capable of cutting multiple assault rifle bullets out of the air effortlessly). And even disregarding Snake's speed, Snake is still durable enough to survive Pikachu's electricity. In the original Metal Gear he managed to walk on an electrified floor and went on to fight both the TX-55 Metal Gear and Final Boss immediately afterwards. Plus Big Boss survived electrocution at the hands of Volgin, whose body had a voltage of 10 million volts (while soaking wet)

You make really good points. But Pikachu has caught a cat before, an animal that prides itself on stealth (albeit not a good cat (Meowth)). Pikachu is just as fast if not faster before his unknown-ness (avoided Dragonite's attacks, and other lightning attacks from stronger lightning users). The waves are omnidirectional, with the former designed to paralyze. The floor would be nothing compared to Pikachu, even thought that's really impressive. Pikachu could paralize and then iron tail his brains out, or a close range frying. Okay, this is Pikachu we're talking about, so he wouldn't kill Snake in round 1.

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
He Dodges natural Lightning, which is many times faster than a bullet.
I´m talking Snake literally shooting Pikachu on the back while he is hidden.

Does pikachu have a way to KNOW he is being shot?

If not, the match is done.

You make really good points. But Pikachu has caught a cat before, an animal that prides itself on stealth (albeit not a good cat (Meowth)). Pikachu is just as fast if not faster before his unknown-ness (avoided Dragonite's attacks, and other lightning attacks from stronger lightning users). The waves are omnidirectional, with the former designed to paralyze. The floor would be nothing compared to Pikachu, even thought that's really impressive. Pikachu could paralize and then iron tail his brains out, or a close range frying. Okay, this is Pikachu we're talking about, so he wouldn't kill Snake in round 1.
Snake is FAR more stealthy than a simple cat, ya know?

The only question that matters on this fight is if Pikachu can detect or know if he is being shot on the back.

Becuase, if the niddle hits Pikachu, he is instantly Mei Ling´s new friend.

The problem is that we don't know if the needle will work right away, since Pikachu has experience with sleepy things (Jigglypuff), or if Pikachu could get hit at all with superior speed (from calcs that were up prior to unknown status), or even before Pikachu could fire an unavoidable Thunder Wave in time.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Yeah, it's the sound of the gunshot.

Snake's primary assault rifle is the FEMAS according to the MGS Wiki. The FEMAS has a muzzle velocity of 1200-1400 meters per second after Snake pulls the trigger and the gunshot sounds, whereas Lightning travels much much faster.

Aparajita said:
Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Yeah, it's the sound of the gunshot.
Snake's primary assault rifle is the FEMAS according to the MGS Wiki. The FEMAS has a muzzle velocity of 1200-1400 meters per second after Snake pulls the trigger and the gunshot sounds, whereas Lightning travels much much faster.
Exept round 1 is Tranquilizer-only.

Snake has FAR more weapons that just that FEMAS, you know?

I think Chaff Grenades would give Snake the win almost instantly.

Snake has his m22 with a silencer.

One shot, and he is down.

The problem is that we don't know if the needle will work right away, since Pikachu has experience with sleepy things (Jigglypuff), or if Pikachu could get hit at all with superior speed (from calcs that were up prior to unknown status), or even before Pikachu could fire an unavoidable Thunder Wave in time.
Wait.

Chaff Grenades.

I think Snake has already won.

Dude, this is you thinking these things will even kill Pikachu. Pikachu has higher durability than Snake, Town Level, it's gonna take a very strong bomb to kill him, these weapons will only injure Pikachu at worst, at which point he can counterattack and win. Snake has nothing that can beat Pikachu's durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back