• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solaris minor speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
"https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Solaris

Speed: Infinite (Was collapsing and consuming all of time, merging past, present and future into one single void, and could still move and perfectly function in such a state)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Nigh-Omnipresence

"This power is similar to Omnipresence, except that users are bound within a certain domain, such as time, space, or nothingness."

Solaris should have Nigh-Omnipresence along with infinite speed (Nigh-Omnipresence is a state of being like Omnipresence, not speed)

So I suggest it should be changed to "Infinite, Nigh-Omnipresent (Being capable of existing throughout all points of Time but bounded within space)"

Moving in a void without time is considered as infinite speed, unless it is a plot convenience outlier.

"Moving in a void without time is considered as infinite speed unless it is a plot convenience outlier"

I guess Immeasurable wouldn't exactly work since it requires time still existing, so how about preferably "Infinite, Nigh-Omnipresence" instead for Solaris speed?

It is better to ask all of the ones that are still active.

I am personally very uncertain if omnipresence across time for Solaris is a rational interpretation though.

Certain characters like Lucifer (Shin Megami Tensei) have limited Omnipresence listed, so I wouldn't see it as too unreasonable. It was stressed that Solaris was a four-dimensional being, and that he exists all throughout time. His fourth dimension spans as far as time itself does, past, present, and future, while his three spatial dimensions are limited. I think he should have temporal Omnipresence listed, and that he should have Immeasurable speed, do to his movement holding a similar nature to that of a person who can travel time with their movement.

Because he isn't an embodiment of time, and never demonstrated immeasurable speed as far as I am aware.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Certain characters like Lucifer (Shin Megami Tensei) have limited Omnipresence listed, so I wouldn't see it as too unreasonable. It was stressed that Solaris was a four-dimensional being, and that he exists all throughout time. His fourth dimension spans as far as time itself does, past, present, and future, while his three spatial dimensions are limited. I think he should have temporal Omnipresence listed, and that he should have Immeasurable speed, do to his movement holding a similar nature to that of a person who can travel time with their movement.
It may require Time itself still existing for Solaris to have immeasurable speed and his Omnipresence was stated to describe Temporal Omnipresence IIRC.

Omnipresence means being everywhere simultaneously. Solaris is a physical being, rather than a conceptual entity, so I am not comfortable with assigning him omnipresence, simply due to unusual temporal properties.

Antvasima said:
Omnipresence means being everywhere simultaneously. Solaris is a physical being, rather than a conceptual entity, so I am not comfortable with assigning him omnipresence, simply due to unusual temporal properties.
I'm requesting for Solaris to have Nigh-Omnipresence to be added along with his Infinite speed, not Omnipresence though because he's already stated to bounded with space itself.

I will need a good explanation for how and why he is nigh omnipresent first.

Antvasima said:
I will need a good explanation for how and why he is nigh omnipresent first.
"This power is similar to Omnipresence, except that users are bound within a certain domain, such as time, space, or nothingness."

Solaris was already stated on his profile that he's bounded within space itself, so Nigh-Omnipresent should be added along with his infinite speed rating.

Yes, but how does the Sonic canon describe his supposed omnipresence through time? Or is it mostly fancruft?

We also still need staff input regarding the infinite speed rating.

Antvasima said:
Yes, but how does the Sonic canon describe his supposed omnipresence through time? Or is it mostly fancruft?
We also still need staff input regarding the infinite speed rating.
Solaris can simulantaneously exist throughout all points in time (past, present, and future) & affect all times from all those points but he's still bounded within the domains of space.

Okay. Intuitively that still does not quite seem like omnipresence in the same way that, for example, and embodiment of time such as Eternity would be omnipresent, but never mind then.

Solaris already has temporal Omnipresence and infinite speed on his page. What are we trying to argue for?
"Infinite, Nigh-Omnipresent (Being capable of existing throughout all points of Time but bounded within space)"

^ This for Solaris speed rating.

Okay. Perhaps we should close this then?

Okay. So is it appropriate to close this now?

@TheHadouCyberspaceWitch

So do you agree with this for Solaris speed rating (which I already explained why) earlier?: "Infinite, Nigh-Omnipresent (Being capable of existing throughout all points of Time but bounded within space)"

Or no?

He literally already has those things listed on his page. Look at his abilities, temporal Omnipresence is there.
Shouldn't Nigh-Omnipresence be also in his speed description as well? Reasons like this makes certain powers & abilities sound completely meaningless & useless.

Temporal omnipresence seems more specific.

Antvasima said:
Temporal omnipresence seems more specific.
I see no reason not to also add Nigh-Omnipresence for Solaris speed descrip. though which would go along with his Infinite speed. Nigh-Omnipresence is a state of being, info. like that would be also needed.

Nigh Omnipresence is usually associated with being everywhere except a certain area. I prefer to keep Solaris' profile as it is.

Antvasima said:
Nigh Omnipresence is usually associated with being everywhere except a certain area. I prefer to keep Solaris' profile as it is.
Its an addition, there's nothing wrong with it.

Sorry, but the answer is no, and I am getting tired of this discussion, so I would much prefer to close the thread.

Sure, you can go ahead with that, I don't mind since Nigh-Omnipresence can be treated as an almost useless power & ability for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back