• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So why The Human Race lacks so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know. Do you have other suggestions?

Antvasima said:
I do not know. Do you have other suggestions?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Modification

Shouldn't this give The Human Race limited weather manipulation? Also I'd add cyborgzation via artificial limbs and other stuff like that

Also shouldn't stuff like Kimo therapy (if I misspelled that then what they do to get rid of cancer via radiation) give limited radiation manipulation as well?

And vehicular mastery for obvious reasons

Most humans do not possess vehicular mastery. It is the kind of ability added to individuals, not civilisations. The other suggestions also seem exaggerated, given how limited our abilities are in these areas as of yet.

Stuff like The Foundation page has abilities based purely off indivuals like the O-5 so why not for The Human Race?

Also that's why I'm saying it should be limited

Average person today is 10-B. It was 9-C before the Neolithic Revolution, and 10-A before the Industrial Revolution. Yeah we got weaker, but also get to live much longer. Though I don't know at what age do we transition from 10-C to 10-B, I think that is something that we have not discussed for our policy.

However, humanity will likely splinter off into baseline humans and transhumans in this century, so revisit this thread after several decades for some upgrades and boosts.

Actually I was meaning to ask this but should we seprate The Human Race to different Keys of notable time periods ?

Like major leaps in technology or a significant overall boom or reduction in poplution

That is too complicated for this wiki. Sorry.

Okay but do we at least mention ancient weapons in equipment or any of the Keys?

I do not think that seems necessary. Sorry.

Because they are outdated for an overview of our current civilisation.

I suppose so, but I cannot promise that the edits will not be reveted if they are of poor quality and/or questionable content.

Antvasima said:
I suppose so, but I cannot promise that the edits will not be reveted if they are of poor quality and/or questionable content.
Define questionable content

Also yah if the edits are of poor quality they shouldn't be there

I mean if there are additions outside of what has been agreed, if they are poorly explained, or similar.

Okay to sum up what we'll add to the page so we're on the same page

Everything mentioned in the beginning of the page(with proper explantion)

New AP and Durability based on Peak Human's page and the rest of humanity

All sorts of AP and Durability Keys via weapons

AP Key via police dogs

This seems fine?

No new statistics keys please. This is only for the civilisation as a whole.

I am also very uncertain about the other suggested abilities. We need more staff input. Preferably from administrators.

Well guess we'll wait for them, I already messaged them and they didn't respond yet

You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

I stand by my opinion that this page shouldn't exist.

Sera usually has a very good sense of judgement, so I do not mind if we delete it. The pages that link to it need to be updated though.

Crzer07 said:
Average person today is 10-B. It was 9-C before the Neolithic Revolution, and 10-A before the Industrial Revolution. Yeah we got weaker, but also get to live much longer. Though I don't know at what age do we transition from 10-C to 10-B, I think that is something that we have not discussed for our policy.

However, humanity will likely splinter off into baseline humans and transhumans in this century, so revisit this thread after several decades for some upgrades and boosts.
Hunter gatherers got up to their 70s and 80s. Neanderthals also got up to their 60s.

I'd say people transition from 10C to 10-B around puberty, obviously different for genders though.

Uradelbauer said:
Hunter gatherers got up to their 70s and 80s. Neanderthals also got up to their 60s.
I'm afraid I do not see where you got these numbers. A simple google search brings up an average life expentancy of 21-37 years.

Back to the topic on hand, though: I disagree with deleting the page entirely. Humanity has, and never will be united under one nation, yes, but since there have been feats in fiction where Humanity was defeated relatively quickly or was driven to near-extinction by alien races and the such, it can still serve as a general reference point if nothing else.

Kuroiha said:
"Back to the topic on hand, though: I disagree with deleting the page entirely. Humanity has, and never will be united under one nation, yes, but since there have been feats in fiction where Humanity was defeated relatively quickly or was driven to near-extinction by alien races and the such, it can still serve as a general reference point if nothing else."
I agree with this, this feats aren't even that uncommon

Wiping out humanity doesn't exactly correlate to AP unless the feat was something akin to "vaporized all of humanity".

That can easily be calc'd. A civilization page for all of humanity is not necessary, and by our standards, should not exist (it's basically composite human civilization lite).

General reference points.... Well, we just had a thread about this. There is a page to be made for general/common referenced feats.

I'd be fine with the page were it not prone to excessive high-balling which inevitably will make us a laughingstock. Unlike fictional characters, we need to be near-perfect in the accuracy of our real world files as we're dealing with objective reality, not subjective fiction. I don't have the necessary faith to assume that's possible here.

I may have misphrased my previous comment, because I was talking about sci-fi. Wiping out Humanity indicates technological superiority; It's a given they're going to have nukes, weapons, and technology at the very least similar if not magnitudes higher than what we have.

No alien race capable of FTL travel and wiping out humanity has 8-C explosives as their strongest.

I also disagree with the fact that it's a page of composite Humanity. It seems misnamed, nearly.

Classification: A group of mostly democratic governments

Differing opinions between members of the species means that they would be unlikely to unite against a singular threat.

The page does mention that the Human Race is split into nations and governments. The list of technologies/abilities on the HR page are things all nations can easily do, excluding a few of them.

I do agree that this page in itself is extremely flawed and high-balled (We literally have a tier for firing all the nukes in the world at once, which is heavily unrealistic). Minor fixes, notes, and changes can go a long way. I still stand by my opinion that total deletion is unnecessary, but I would not be bothered too much by it if it were.

Edit: Typo

Sera EX said:
Wiping out humanity doesn't exactly correlate to AP unless the feat was something akin to "vaporized all of humanity".
That can easily be calc'd. A civilization page for all of humanity is not necessary, and by our standards, should not exist (it's basically composite human civilization lite).
I'm not talking straight up AP wise tho, I mean more like an alien army strolling around here and beating gthe human race without just bombing them to oblivion

Also the page isn't really a composite human civilization or else we'd mention different time periods for the human race, we should probably do what Kuroiha suggesting and do changes to reflect humanity more accuratly

@Kuroiha

Feel free to write up a suggested revision of the page. I suppose that could be a good compromise solution.

Thank you.

I've done some simple changes and would like some feedback.

I've changed the image because the last one was misleading, and implied Humanity was united under one government. This is just an image of most of the world's nations' flags, and the continents in the middle. I removed the 6-C tier because the prospect of firing all the nukes in the world at one target is highly unrealistic and unlikely.

Other than that, I mostly edited some data to be more specific, and added some small notes to make sure no "Composite Humanity" scenario happens.

Anything else I could change?

Here is the page.

I made some minor spelling corrections, and removed the claim of most societies being democratic. As far as I am aware, most countries on Earth are tyrannies (which is part of the reason why the United Nations is far from the force of good that idealists think that it is).

Anyway, except for that, I think that the page seems well made. It should probably be locked afterwards though.

I'm fine with the page as it has been updated now. Most of tlmbrg's suggestions seem misleading to apply, it seems to be essentially recreating composite human but under a different name and with nukes.

So is it fine if Kuroiha applies his draft version?

I think so. Should we still wait for more approval?

If not, could Ant or another staff member unlock the page so I may edit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back