• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So why The Human Race lacks so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So why doesn't The Human Race page has speed and durablity like other pages like it in the wiki?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Predator

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Downstreamers

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Foundatio

Also the page only really covers our big weapon's stats and capbilities and doesn't mention any human's capbilities there outside purfication and computer realted stuff like hacking Even in AP Key only nukes are brought up and only high end Humans themesleves are 10-C to 10-A easily and with stuff like sledgehammer and various guns they can reach to 9-B so why isn't it mentioned there? Not to mention other weapons and lower end nukes which can reach up to 7-C

Humans with prep should have stuff like poison and disease resistance, heat,cold and radiation resistance via various cloths, they also easily should get weapon and martial arts mastery through expert martial artists and expert fancers and other people like them

For speed they should have immobile to peak human speed (immobile for weapons that are fixed to a location) and superhuman to hypersonic at least via weapons and aircrafts

Duarbility again add Keys from various weapons and what humans can reach

Humans should also get animal manipulation via taming animals and being able to use them, also Keys for when humans are using animals in battle like police dogs

It should get Type 3 water breathing, also limited body control via being able to survie long periods underwater without going up and people who can change their voice for voice acting

Not to mention stuff like acrobatics, also pain immunity for people who're born without the ability to feel it

Also not sure on this one but maybe limited mind maniplution via brain washing? Also not sure if stuff like robots should be added, I'd say yes because we create them

----------------------------------------------------

TLDR

We need to add human related Keys and other weapon related Keys

Flashlight237 said:
That's because we have this: Peak Human
I don't get this point, even if we like link this page there we're still missing a massive range of abilities and stats humans have via their prep Also this page doesn't cover stuff like human's body control,pain immunity via lacking the sense of pain Not to mention this's about peak human's stats, doesn't mention they have weapon and martial arts mastery and The Human Race is mainly made of avarage humans so why not have a Key for the majority of the race?

Well, our main focus is fiction. We mainly use real world animals, events, natural forces, and weapons as reference points. I am not sure whether or not this is a good idea.

As I said, I am uncertain. I would prefer more staff input.

OkayAntvasima said:
As I said, I am uncertain. I would prefer more staff input.
Okay so who should we contact first then ?

In any case, as long as we don't have to make another "keep or delete Composite Human" debate. That's just gonna add more controversy then I'd like to deal with, and I don't interact with content revision threads often.

Why is there a "Human Race" page anyway? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

Well I guess we can use it if we ever want to do "X character bs The Human Race" sort of posts or use it as a reference point for when a character can solo of all of humanity and stuff like that

I don't get why we have Real Life weapon profiles

Sera EX said:
Why is there a "Human Race" page anyway? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
I mean the common argument even some admins support is the fact that this is an indexing wiki.

I think that we started with real life nuclear bomb weapon profiles to use as a reference for our character profiles, but then our members started to add regular firearms.

Antvasima said:
I think that we started with real life nuclear bomb weapon profiles to use as a reference for our character profiles, but then our members started to add regular firearms.
Does The Human Race page serve a similiar function then?

I am very uncertain about if it would actually be useful.

Antvasima said:
I am very uncertain about if it would actually be useful.
From what I can gather, firearms and weaponry are kinda covered.

Though the thing is weapons don't actually affect durability all that much. Vehicles, however, varied in durability from what I can tell. For instance, a car gets destroyed by an impact into a wall at 35 mph, which is a standard used in crash tests.

Humans, however, aren't their vehicles or weapons, but rather organisms just like dogs and, more accurately, gorillas and chimpanzees. From what I can tell, it's skewy. Human level+ seems most consistent with humans given the speed of bowling balls, which can be used effectively by pretty much anyone. Those things were consistently shown to destroy paneled ceiling tiles. Plain ol' street level can be achieved by golfers, baseball players, martial artists, boxers, and to some capacity wrestlers and American football players.

Flashlight237 said:
From what I can gather, firearms and weaponry are kinda covered.

Though the thing is weapons don't actually affect durability all that much. Vehicles, however, varied in durability from what I can tell. For instance, a car gets destroyed by an impact into a wall at 35 mph, which is a standard used in crash tests.

Humans, however, aren't their vehicles or weapons, but rather organisms just like dogs and, more accurately, gorillas and chimpanzees. From what I can tell, it's skewy. Human level+ seems most consistent with humans given the speed of bowling balls, which can be used effectively by pretty much anyone. Those things were consistently shown to destroy paneled ceiling tiles. Plain ol' street level can be achieved by golfers, baseball players, martial artists, boxers, and to some capacity wrestlers and American football players.
Wouldn't vehicals count as equipment tho?
Charcters like The Doctor from Doctor Who have Keys based solely on tech he has Heck The Foundation post which's in the same category as The Human Race page has a technology Key as well so like why not add it?

There is no reason to not have one. It's like every other civilization page.

The entire human race is not one civilization, so it's not like other civ profiles. It's literally composite human civilization.

Sera EX said:
There is no reason to not have one. It's like every other civilization page.
The entire human race is not one civilization, so it's not like other civ profiles. It's literally composite human civilization.
So should we do countries wiki pages instead of The Human Race page?

Tllmbrg said:
So should we do countries wiki pages instead of The Human Race page?
Even I don't think that's a good idea, and I support the idea of having humans at least being represented in a blog.

So like let's just upgrade The Human Race's current page

I do not think that making subjective scaling for countries is a good idea at all. It would be too controversial and hard to maintain and keep accurate.

Sera is also likely correct about humanity overall. Should we close this thread?

I mean what about the upgrades I'm propsing ?

If we're gonna represnt humans we should talk about all their possible equipment

So we already have a page for our real world civilisation? I had forgotten about that.

I suppose that it doesn't seem harmful when I take a look at it.

Antvasima said:
So we already have a page for our real world civilisation? I had forgotten about that.

I suppose that it doesn't seem harmful when I take a look at it.
This whole thread started from me proposing to upgrade it heavily >_>

Like c'mon The Human Race deserves to have a durability and speed Keys and not have their AP Key limited time high end nukes

Also the page ignores a lot of our current technology

Sorry. I have an awful lot of constant tasks distracting me.

No problem, we first need to agree on what Keys we agree to add and what equipment should be added since in theory a lot can be but we don't want to mindlessly fill the page

Well, I am uncertain. I don't want us to exaggerate an actually existing civilisation.

Well 10-C to 10-A physically is a must

Same for 9-C and 9-B via guns and sledgehammers and stuff like that

Also The Human Race not having Type 3 water breathing is dumb to me since diving equipment exists and submerianes Basically everything I recommmended adding in the beginning of the thread

I suppose that the suggestions in your last post makes sense, with the exception that humanity ranges between 10-C and 9-C physically.

Antvasima said:
I suppose that the suggestions in your last post makes sense, with the exception that humanity ranges between 10-C and 9-C physically.
Well yah that doesn't make sense since I said they range from 10-C to 10-A physically

The greatest human athletes are 9-C if I remember correctly.

Actually yah they should be because of Peak Human page, outside this and the resistances humans should get via prep and equipment you think we should add anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back