• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So Pokken?

we going to talk about it? Because I don't see any rule against it. Because with Pokken you could put Mewtwo from high 4-A to 2-B or higher.

You could argue Mewtwo to be high 4-A because he is stated to be higher than Gardevoir who can do this https://youtu.be/TLFjkGGc-zUAnd you could argue 2-B or high because Darkrai who can fight against Palkia and Dialgia. And Palkia controls basically infinite universes. But in Pokken they fight so.

Some thigs, there is not high 4-A and Gardevoir is not that strong, Darkrai is however possibly 2-B, but Mewtwo is not near him

thanks for the responce but I just put a video that proved that he was high 4-A I could also metion Shadow Mewtwo creating an areana with clusters of stars in the background. But why is he not 2-B because they fought.

Ummmm, that 4-A seems legit but i guess that it is not used due to th3 main games taking priority.

And everyone being on par with beings like Dakrai and Suicune is game mechanics

Yeah, no. That Gardevoir feat is bogus. It's as much a star throwing feat as Seismic Toss is a world-moving feat. You can clearly see the attack originating from Gardevoir, and the black hole into a starry space is just a special effect from her move. There's nothing that shows that she created a whole star system just to chuck it at her opponent. And even if it is, this has outlier written all over it.

This is a good responce. Not exactly, Pokemon moves in the base game yes are a bit whack. Like if you get hit by a special rend you evetually become universal (joke). But Pokken is not exactly like that. I have never heard of the special effect like ever. I would say it is an outlier but I already mentioned a counter point to that with Shadow Mewtwo able to create an areana with star clusters.

And yet, it's these very same special effects that are the reason Low 7-B Pokemon are being questioned, among other things. And, again, it reeks of outlier if it is true.

Show me the proof that Shadow Mewtwo created an arena out of star clusters. Then we can talk.

So, after watching the provided video, I concur on the point that there are star clusters in the background, which is validation enough for a 4-A tiering.

Even so, this will not apply to Mewtwo himself. Due to the special circumstances Shadow Mewtwo is under, by having the Shadow Synergy Crystal in his body, I would rather propose to create a new profile for Shadow Mewtwo himself, with this 4-A feat in mind.

You're right. It is its own thing. But, unlike standard Mewtwo, this one has a vastly different backstory and characteristics to its base form, such as literally having the Shadow Synergy Stone sticking out of its chest. And considering that we already separate Pokemon like Kecleo for a lot less, I believe it is justified.

Aside from that, though, there is also the fact that you can use Base Mewtwo in Pokken Tournament as well, which has a different movepool and attacks from its Shadow variant.

I'd say make another profile if it were another Mewtwo. Maybe another continuity. However, it's still Mewtwo, just empowered. No different from Ash's Pikachu being corrupted by the Red Orb.

So yeah, key. Not a new profile.

Starter Pack said:
Aside from that, though, there is also the fact that you can use Base Mewtwo in Pokken Tournament as well, which has a different movepool and attacks from its Shadow variant.

After looking up the plot to the game, it turns out that the Mewtwo that you can use in the game is actually Shadow Mewtwo, but with the Shadow Synergy Stone finally removed, and was given to the player by its caretaker, Anne. In the original Pokken Tournament for the Wii U, this actually unlocked the Pokemon for you to use.

I've been playing the DX version of the game for the Switch, so I was unaware of this since I was able to use it from the start. So, I'm fine with it being a key, I suppose.

I'll edit the profile shortly. Though this may need more responses. Granted, Lephyr, Starter, and I could be enough given it's two staff members and a really respected and knowledgeable normal user.

Not really sure about this, for a couple reasons:

• Firstly, is it known that gardevoir made that area, as opposed to just teleporting them there?
  • Secondly, while Shadow Mewtwo might be freer from outliers due to not needing to scale to people, I don't see how gardevoir is. I don't think shadow mewtwo could scale from a feat that's considered an outlier for the one who did it/

Oh. Didn't see that. Yeah that one seems fine, if scaling the creation to stuff is accepted

Back