• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smurf hax: Either defining or killing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
As theglassman12 stated; I don't think its misleading.
Also, I can guarantee you that "smurf" has more importance in battleboarding than the unpopular series you showed in the community of ability indexxing.

It would be only misleading based on which place you are putting it.

“Smurf Explanation” I guess?
Eh, the resistance stuff is not really about smurf, though. Quite the opposite, it's technically about when a higher infinity being can be affected by non-smurf stuff.

I guess something in Bobsican's direction might work better in my opinion. (Although I personally don't mind using the term smurf too much).
Something like "Interaction Between Hax and Higher Infinities" grasps the topic relatively well. (personally I prefer saying higher infinities than qualitative superiority for the title, since its meaning is more apparent to a reader not deep in our jargon)
I simply add your Word file (and I re-modify it); and link both pages (resistances & hax) there.
Sounds ok.

I think "Hax - Higher Infinities Interaction" could work as a title then, it's shorter and stays in line with naming precedents such as the Reality - Fiction Interaction Transcendence page

As theglassman12 stated; I don't think its misleading.
Also, I can guarantee you that "smurf" has more importance in battleboarding than the unpopular series you showed in the community of ability indexxing.

It would be only misleading based on which place you are putting it.
Thing is that as a wiki we are doing this for visitors that barely know battleboarding in general to begin with (as much most visits are one-offs IIRC), and I wouldn't call a franchise that has lasted over 40 years "unpopular", beyond probably the powerscaling circle.

Last edited:
Putting appropriate sections on the Hax and Resistance pages, which each link to each other, sounds like the best way to go about this.

I agree about that using the term "Smurf" is likely not going to remotely be intuitive for 99% of our visitors.
Putting appropriate sections on the Hax and Resistance pages, which each link to each other, sounds like the best way to go about this.
That seems like a reasonable solution, yes.

Can somebody remind me regarding the purpose for this thread, what we currently need to do here, and the staff tally for different sides of the arguments here, please?

Can somebody remind me regarding the purpose for this thread, what we currently need to do here, and the staff tally for different sides of the arguments here, please?
This thread is about making how qualitative superiority of different types affect hax potency clearer. DontTalk's draft was accepted, and the only thing left to is decide where to put it.

Okay. Does anybody here have suggestions regarding where to place it please?

My preferred idea is:
Although some also considered creating a special page for it, which ended up requiring unwieldy titles like "Hax - Higher Infinities Interaction" and "Interaction Between Hax and Higher Infinities".

Okay. I think that your suggestion seems fine then.

However, we technically do have a Hax page. Is it inappropriate to place some information there as well?

I don't think that would be inappropriate; that's one of the places I endorsed placing it.

Last edited:
I guess something in Bobsican's direction might work better in my opinion. (Although I personally don't mind using the term smurf too much).
Something like "Interaction Between Hax and Higher Infinities" grasps the topic relatively well. (personally I prefer saying higher infinities than qualitative superiority for the title, since its meaning is more apparent to a reader not deep in our jargon)

Sounds ok.
DT thinks a new page with the title “Interaction Between Hax and Higher Infinities” grasps the topic relatively well, which I am also in the same sentiment.

However, if @Agnaa maintains the opinion that it should be replaced in the other two sections, I have no objections.

He is free to proceed with the replacement.

I don't mind too much, having its own page isn't a catastrophe, I just think it's not a great title or subject.

Yes, I also do not like the intended title at all. Our visitors will not be able to easily find the information that way.

Just a heads-up, DT is fine with @Agnaa's suggestion (if you're both waiting for his input). He's open to creating the page or substituting it in other sections.

Agnaa has the option (and if he chooses, he can) to replace both sections with the page. No one will object to this. It's just that, in my view, having everything in one location would prevent the need to switch between two pages to grasp the overall concept.

So I suppose, the page can be handled by him if we want to conclude the thread. :)

I'm boutta head to bed, and will be busy tomorrow, so unless y'all wanna leave it for a bit, someone else should handle it.

I think that we can wait for you for a while, so this is handled properly, Agnaa.

Okay. Thank you for helping out to both of you. 🙏

I'd prefer you to do it, DT, but I could if I get to it first.

I recall we agreed on not using the term "smurf" in the pages, instead going with something like "Hax - Higher Infinities Interaction", we already have the Vs Battles Glossary page explaining the term "smurf" in terms of what it refers informally.

In the Hax page, the following:

[[Reality-Fiction_Transcendence|Reality-Fiction Transcendence]]

...could be simplified to:

[[Reality-Fiction Transcendence]]

I think it'd also be worth explaining how Universal Energy Systems fit into this whole stuff, and otherwise instead explain why they don't.

Last edited:
In the Hax page, the following:

...could be simplified to:
Done.

@DontTalkDT (I am sorry for saying this), on the resistance part, it is very much messy, hard to read.
I am at my PC with desktop mode and it's completely unreadable. So I would say mobile users will face difficulties.

On the other part, it is fine. Although, I am not fan of how the page is turned on, It's pretty much disorganized to my taste.

I will let @Agnaa judge it, but this is my evaluation. I am very picky when it comes to explanation as they should be professional and organized.

I can unlock the page for you to clean up the structure of if you wish. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back