• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Higher-Dimensional brane is one D- higher than previous D, not infinite-D higher this is the problem.

Well it's been on my mind so i might as well get it out the way. Serph should 2-A possibly HIigh 2-A. Demi-Fiend "holding back immensely" dosen't make any sense since Serph and crew can actually kill Demi-Fiend, he even has the same death animation.

Just to cover it i believe the crux of that view stems from the fact Demi-Fiend dosen't use Gaea Rage immadiatly. But that's one move to string of others that he'll gladly use in battle no problem. Not to mention those moves themselves are even stronger than they originally were in Nocturne, including Gaea Rage being an almighty piercing attack that was amped by Jenna or whoever was controlling the Digital world

I've heard that the reason his moves are so much stronger in DDS is to show that he's far stronger than the main characters.

As in, in Nocturne Gaea Rage is just another physical move, but he's so overwhelmingly stronger than the Digital Devil Saga cast that their system perceives it as an Almighty Piercing attack that goes beyond the usual damage cap.

In the Messiahs in the Diamond Realm DLC, Gaea Rage is also an Almighty attack. And Demi-Fiend isn't even high tier in that group.

No it just seemed to me like the logical way to interpret the situation. Pretty much everything about the encounter seems tailored to shill the Demi-Fiend as an overwhelming force that sees your New Game+, level-capped party as another mid-tier random encounter.

Demi-Fiend is so hilariously stronger than Serph that it's not even an argument.

His whole party in that game is comprised of early or mid-game level demons, and he only uses basic attacks and he gives automatic max damage to your whole party with Gaea Rage regardless of how strong you are. Meanwhile Gaea Rage is a mid-game level ability in Nocturne.

There's also the blatantly obvious fact that the Demi-Fiend's boss battle is a puzzle where you have to make sure that he doesn't take you seriously. If you kill more than one of his demons at a time, or if you use any debuffing spell on him at all he'll imediately whip out Gaea Rage and one-shot him. You have to deliberately use shitty moves and tactics to avoid being stomped, almost as if you're feigning your weakness so he won't go all out against you.

Yobo Blue said:
None of the protagonists are really special in any way except Demi-Fiend and Nanashi, and maybe Aleph depending on how we interpret origins.
They're all explicitely Messiahs, humans with extraordinary will whose Power of Observation is significantly greater than that of other humans. At least the protagonists of the numbered games are.

I actually somehow forgot about that, kek.

I don't think that applies to every protagonist from every spin-off of the series though.

Yeah it doesn't. Humans in Shin Megami Tensei just have extraordinary potential and the main cast is usually noted as being exceptional.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Demi-Fiend is so hilariously stronger than Serph that it's not even an argument.

His whole party in that game is comprised of early or mid-game level demons, and he only uses basic attacks and he gives automatic max damage to your whole party with Gaea Rage regardless of how strong you are. Meanwhile Gaea Rage is a mid-game level ability in Nocturne.

There's also the blatantly obvious fact that the Demi-Fiend's boss battle is a puzzle where you have to make sure that he doesn't take you seriously. If you kill more than one of his demons at a time, or if you use any debuffing spell on him at all he'll imediately whip out Gaea Rage and one-shot him. You have to deliberately use shitty moves and tactics to avoid being stomped, almost as if you're feigning your weakness so he won't go all out against you.
Not picking sides, but Gaea's rage is treated like that in IV too, and it's not Demi-Fiend using it.

Morning star first:

I counted:

https://i.imgur.com/wObGSEo.jpg

Some of them blurred together a bit, but 40 seems fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

14 LY or so.

Timeframe: 2:48 to 5:20 or 2.72s

Speed: 14x365.24x24x3600/2.72= 162.4 Million c

Also assuming he was moving the entire star: 40x150 Tenatons= 6 tenakilotons or Large star level

Big Bang next:

I counted like 52 in a single frame, probably more but whatever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

16 light years for the blast radius

Which is: 1.5136e14 km

Surface area of a sphere with that radius: 2.879e29 km^2

Cross sectional area of the sun: 6.078747774e12 km^2

Ratio: 4.7361728e16x

Sun's GBE: 6.276x10^41 Joules

Total energy: 2.97242205e58 Joules or 297 TeraFoe

And for the speed:

Timeframe (from explosion to stuff passing the screen) is 17:29:00 to 17:30:20 or 1.2s

Speed: 420.75 Million c Consistency I suppose.

From NF - tommyboishura

Yobo Blue said:
I don't even know what he's talking about tbh.
Persona 5 Morning star Skills- Feat scaling- which yield Tier 4 Attack Potency and Massively FTL+ speed from Dr. whiteee's calculations.

I already put them on the request thread, but I doubt they'll ever get calced. But I guess we can just wait and see.

The early Septentriones should probably be 8-C scaling to early game demons, the only one that might be higher is Megrez. Alioth and onwards should scale to Shiva or something like that.

The explosions weren't that big, but depending on various factors they could have a higher rating than 8-C.

Being the strongest Septentrione, thus putting him above Alioth, who tanked a hit from Shiva (Yes, his main body did get taken down but the core didn't, if he was 7-B taking a hit from a 2-A there would be nothing left).

Back