• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros. God tiers are Low 2-C

I'm tired of repeating myself, so I'm just gonna put this here. From the very beginning, here is everything in Smash Bros that implies that Smash Bros god tiers are Low 2-C.

Trophy Descriptions
Master Hand (Melee): "The Master Hand awaits anyone who survives the long and difficult road to the Final Destination. This symbolic link between the real world and the imaginary battlefields of Super Smash Bros. Melee is quite a handful in battle, and just because it wears a white glove doesn't mean it fights clean. Get ready to be flicked, swatted, punched, and poked like crazy!"

This shows that Master Hand is powerful enough that the Smash Bros characters seem imaginary by comparison.

Master Hand (Brawl): "A being tied to the link between this world, where trophies fight, and the world beyond. The meaning of his existence is unknown, as are his goals, but he seems to have obtained (and kept hidden) a power that borders on absolute. He also seems to feel a certain joy in challenging chosen warriors who've claimed many victories. He waits even now in Final Destination."

This shows multiple things. This backs up Melee's statement of Master Hand being from a world beyond the world of smash. Him keeping his power hidden and feeling joy in challenging characters who have claimed many victories also shows why the fighters can defeat him. He holds back because he genuinely enjoys fighting.

Master Hand (Smash 4): "The mysterious Master Hand is the source of creation in the Smash Bros. universe. He appears in Final Destination when all other rivals are defeated. He fights with a diverse move set and only grows stronger if you make him angry. If you know when to fight and when to dodge, you'll take him down!"

As I've stated many other times, if one is the source of creation in a universe and there are no other beings of the same nature known to predate them, this implies they created the universe. I'll also add there are no characters superior to Master Hand that have the ability to create things in Smash Bros. And even the once native to the Universe that the game takes place in (Galeem and Dharkon) that are superior to Master Hand, as seen in the final boss fight he can at least fight back against them.

I'll also debunk Master Core being Master Hand no longer holding back.

Master Core: "This sinister being will appear from Master Hand. A bunch of black objects, called "Swarm," will gather and mimic a variety of shapes, changing its attack pattern with each new form. After taking enough damage, it will reveal even more forms. Defeat the Swarm's forms to reveal its true core."

As you can see, there is nothing that implies this is Master Hand's true power, just another form of his. Also, note that when the game says it's true core, the game says it's, not his. Master Hand has been referred to as male throughout to series, including this very game. This means that it's referring to the form, not the character himself.

As you can see, I don't even need to mention the Pokemon trophy descriptions that have questionable connection to Master Hand to show that Master Hand is, in fact, Low 2-C. There are numerous statements pointing to this.

We were all properly discussing this in the other thread which I had to close due to your constant derailing, as I said there, delete all of that and I will reopen the thread.

This thread is several steps backward given that you still give this info as new and refuse to acknowledge that it was already debunked. Along other things.

Heh.

Buddy, you haven't debunked anything. You've only debunked anything in your opinion. Smash Bros god tiers are tier 2. As blatantly stated or shown. If your not gonna reopen that until I delete those comments then you might as well make a new thread.

Stop trolling. No one said that they aren't Low 2-C. Just that MH's "feat" isn't one at all.

I already told you this several times.

YOU have to debunk those arguments, not me.

The fact is, I find it hard to believe anything that can be said can debunk this evidence. From what I read of the thread, everyone in support of MH's nerfing had very little idea what they were talking about.

Oh, by the way, I'm not deleting anything. Sorry.

If my arguements are debunked, then why don't you debunk them here? I'm sorry, I honestly am, but since you know the arguements that debunk mine it would save both of our times for you to just state them here.

I don't feel like searching for the stuff you have to and bring it to a thread you made just because you forced me to close mine, in which you were also saying useless stuff for being too lazy to just read the thread and understand what was going on in it, which you actively mentioned there.

@Smash

So I have never played a Smash Bros game in my entire life, but none of the statements you posted actually prove how Master Hand is Low 2-C:

• The first one doesn't prove anything, in fact, notice the "symbolic". Also, the very next phrase implies that he' gonna be difficult to fight, not actually impossible.
  • The second doesn't imply he wants to hold back in any way, in fact, it seems he actually wants to test his powers against the fighters, and that he isn't some omni├¿otent, unchallengeable god to the fighters (which is also further proven by the next statement).
  • About the third one, "source of all creation in the universe" =/= "created all of the universe alongside its space-time". Also, this very statement seriously gives you tips on how to fight him. He's not described as an invincible deity that views all of the fighters as fiction, just as a dangerous threat.
If this is all that supports master Hand being Low 2-C, then I disagree.

The Smashor said:
The fact is, I find it hard to believe anything that can be said can debunk this evidence.
Don't you at least get the feeling that you could regret all of this in the future? Seriously dude, I don't remember you being like this before.

@Eficiente

I didn't force you to close it. You closed it of your own free will and could reopen it whenever you please, weather or not I delete comments.

@DMB

• The first one also implies he's 4D. So there's that.
  • The second implies he enjoys fighting. Look at literally any character described to enjoy fighting and you'll see where the flaws in your argument are.
  • It implies he created the Smash Universe. Since there was no known source of creation before MH. Creating a Universe is Low 2-C last I checked.

• No, it doesn't. Being a symbolic link to the two realities more so means that he know what's behind them, or their connection.
  • Yeah, but it doesn't prove he holds back. That's your headcanon. The fact that he enjoys fighting implies more that he actually wants a challenge and for his powers to be tested.
  • I already explained how "source of all creation in the universe" =/= "created all of the universe alongside its spacetime"

• That would still mean he has a connection to 4D.
  • It very likely does imply that. Remember the culture that created Master Hand.
  • Yeah, but it still implies it since there's no known being that embodies creation (MH is described as embodying creation in the EU version) before Master Hand.

The whole "connection" thing seems completely metaphorical. Also, a simple gateway to the two worlds is just as well be as much of a connection.

I feel like it would make more sense for him to be a connection to the 4th dimention than a gateway to it. Especially since MH is aparently full of both some wierd space (In Ultimate) and wierd black bugs (In 4).

Back