• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros. Combat Speed Revisions

Nobody's arguing that a single beam became the massive AoE blast. The AoE blast is a condensed danmaku of the beams, as evidenced by the fact it retains the same colorful patterns as them when we see it consuming planets.

And of course it's going to be depicted as slower towards the beginning, because how else would they show us what's going on? If it were being portrayed at the same speed all throughout we wouldn't be able to tell what's happening on the screen, or how an AoE blast suddenly appeared out of nowhere. We wouldn't be able to see how Kirby survived it. We wouldn't be able to see exactly how all the fighters were taken out.

Not that I disagree with this or anything, but wasn't it kind of obvious? If Galeem's attack spreading throughout the Universe doesn't imply "MTFL" then I don't know what does. Besides, I would not use feats such as "Character has been displayed with better reaction times against Light" for the basis of this calc considering Kirby is by no means the fastest Nintendo character.

@Arbitary You probably got a point, do you happen to know any ap feats to replace the current ke calc then?

Why would we need to replace the KE calc? We accept KE feats from Touhou despite them being MFTL+

I'm gonna need context on touhou, because rn both Kirby and Pikachu would become mftl+ and the ke calc depends on their speed.

I mean, according to our calc stacking page, the reason why calc stacking isn't allowed is because we have no reason to assume that the characters are in their top speed in all calcing situations. Wouldn't this mean that we have no reasons to assume everyone is MFTL+ during the calc?

I mean by that logic, characters above Lightspeed can't have any KE calcs.

Well do we have calcs using people who are lightspeed? Generally the calcs are either performed by a version that hasnt reach that yet or there is a way to calc the speed at that time.

@Saik

By that logic we could also throw scaling out the window, as we have no reason to assume characters are fighting at their best in every scenario.

@Data

Touhou characters are MFTL+ and have several feats supporting it, via flying over interstellar distances. The majority of the verse scales to Suika's, who has a High 4-C KE feat of throwing a black hole at speeds comparable to light. In fact that feat is what I got my method for Kirby's Down-B and the Majora's Mask Moon assist trophy KE feats.

It doesn't really matter whether or not we've had cases of this before (which we do). Point is, denying any KE calc because of the characters having MFTL+ feats is the equivalent of calc stacking, since it assumes they'd be MFTL+ in all cases. We wouldn't assume a character has MHS+ feat in all calcs if they just showed a few MHS+ feats for example.

@Numbers and in that case like I said, it was calced at a different speed.

@Saik I guess? But then why do we assume Kirby's feat is MHS based in being faster than Pikachu's (no longer) MHS attack?

Back