• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Monika Immortality addition

So after the Type 4 Immortality revisions, I felt like someone should have made this small addition

Basically, Monika should have Immortality (types 4 and 5):

• As for Type 4, she can make backups of the Character files in the game, and use them to bring back into existence previously erased characters. Since she can still be conscious after being erased from existence (which we'll get into later), she can potentially use this ability to self-resurrect, which would count as Type 4 Immortality. This is also stated already stated in the profile, but I decided to re-mention it for the sake of this CTR.
  • As for Type 5, Monika is still able to live, be conscious and function after her character file has been deleted. In this state, she has Nonexistent Physiology, because she doesn't exist anymore, yet, she's still perfectly alive and sentient. This would count as Type 5 Immortality, though it would only apply once she is erased from existence. Before being erased, she is however still vulnerable to things incapable to interact with nonexistent beings.
In conclusion, she would have: "Immortality (Types 4 and 5 [the latter only after being erased from existence])".

Tbh she should also have Type 2. I know, it sounds weird, but she can still function even after being erased and not requiring herself to regenerate from it.

Shouldn't type 4 be passive to be immortality instead of just ressurection?

Type 5 should work tough. And she should get type 1 since she's a program that exists outsude of reality.

Monika's resurrection isn't necessarily a one time only thing, since she could make multiple backups.

Sheas just a normal human physically, so I don't know. Not like it matters that much anyways.

@Xtays I actually argued that in a previous thread a while ago, but it would be the most extreme example of type 2 Immortality ever, to the point it's kinda redundant adding it.

I said passive, not repeatable. Characters are supposed to be able to use it after they die. She doesn't die, not with what die is meant for in this context.

No she isn't. It's the wntire plot that they are not humans, and that she's a self awere AI.

I don't know if the Resurrection has to be automatic to have type 4 Immortality, or it being indefinitely spammable counts as well since there are characters who are just able to resurrect themselves each time they are sent to the afterlife.

About that second point, it may not be that far of a stretch to say, since she also mentions that she wants to stay with you forever, and the fact that she can live without a spacetime.

I agree with Type 4. That said, doubtful of Type 5.

Also pretty sure that'd be a hefty contradiction considering the Immortality type states that Type 5 is generally dealt with via EE... on a nonexistent character.

Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed.

All I'm saying is, there are plenty of well documented characters (some of which I listed above) that have Nonexistent and not Type 5.

I smell inconsistencies.

I mean, putting the immortlaity there changes litirally nothing ability wise, so I don't really care.

It is insonsistent tough.

Another thing: I may have found Monika displaying some sort of Negation against Resurrection and Time Manipulation.

I'll talk later about this though.

I'm not too sure about it counts:

In the 4th act of the game, once he has already been erased and she brings all of reality and the three other girls back to existence if you try to put her file back in the character folder, she tells you that she doesn't want you to "play with her heart anymore", so she doesn't resurrect, and her file disappears again.

Here, at 14:42:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLK2O-xpHI&t=868s

She just erases herself again. It's like saying that beating someone who ressurected is ressurection negation.

The only thing sayori could get would be type 1 if accepted. She can't ressurect after actually killed like monika, and doesn't powernull already include that?

Back