• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monika BDE removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
Monika has Type 1 HDE in this description:

Beyond-Dimensional Existence (Type 1; After getting her character file deleted, she should lack space-time features as the files in the DDLC world are what makes reality, time and so on)

However, this is purely guesswork with absolute zero evidence to back it up; stemming from the basis of merely getting deleted to qualify for Type 1 BDE. So it should be removed.

Here’s the profile if anyone is wondering:

How is it guesswork? She's nonexistent across plot, history, and concept.

Absolutely disagree, it's not guesswork but common sense, as she's been erased across history, plot and concept. Datas in DDLC shape existence, including space and time, thus if Monika has been erased from space and time themselves to the point she's never existed in those, it'd be just logical that she lacks those things to begin with.

Absolutely disagree, it's not guesswork but common sense, as she's been erased across history, plot and concept. Datas in DDLC shape existence, including space and time, thus if Monika has been erased from space and time themselves to the point she's never existed in those, it'd be just logical that she lacks those things to begin with.
Or she could've been made up of data instead and expanded beyond the game. Nothing implies they've above dimensional existence.

Or she could've been made up of data instead and expanded beyond the game. Nothing implies they've above dimensional existence.
My guy, did you even play the game?

Monika was erased from the Player, not herself. And yes, everything in DDLC is made of datas, with the latter even shaping it.

In fact, after that Sayori was deleted from Monika, the game couldn't even process her anymore, and is forced to completely reshape the script to the point that Sayori never existed in the story, as if she was never born at all. Same happened with Natsuki, where when Monika deletes her, she says that even the cupcakes she made will be erased as a side effect of that, also that hinting at being erased from space-time (both of these erasures have plenty of scans here, btw).

And fun fact, that happens even after that Monika was erased! In fact she does not appear anymore in the menu and Monika never appeared either, as the Club (made from Sayori) was not officially made until the Player joined in, as the minimum required is of 4 members, while before her erasure, Monika is the one that created it and already had 4 members.

There's no "expanded above the game", they're straight up erased in the same way, all of them in those cases were completely erased from also space-time and were never existed in those. They're BDE 1 because they lack space-time features right because of them being erased from space-time.

Yeah dude it's... Literally on the page that she's been erased from everything in the game lmfao.

By the way you're mistaken on what BDE 1 even is. You don't need to be above dimensional existence, just aspatiotemporal. As in, lacking space-time continuity and existence.

Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them

By the way you're mistaken on what BDE 1 even is. You don't need to be above dimensional existence, just aspatiotemporal. As in, lacking space-time continuity and existence.
Tbh this could be avoided if the page was called "Adimensional Existence" or something lol.

Huh, yeah Beyond obviously means Superior in most contexts and Type 1 is not that, the name can be misleading.
Kinda like UES

It was originally planned to change the name into Aspatio-Temporal Existence, but well, the name suck so it keep its current name

That's what EE is. And it means you no longer exist and what that grant is NEP. That is if you still exist
And that already gives NEP indeed. However she was also erased from space-time, meaning that like she does not have existence/concept, she does not have space-time anymore either.

Try making 1+1 and you'd get why is BDE 1 lmao.

That's what EE is. And it means you no longer exist and what that grant is NEP. That is if you still exist
Monika's "file" is removed from the story, which includes all information about her existence.

DDLC as a whole is made up of these information files, including every space-time in the verse. If she lacks that file, then she lacks space-time.

And that already gives NEP indeed. However she was also erased from space-time, meaning that like she does not have existence/concept, she does not have space-time anymore either.

Try making 1+1 and you'd get why is BDE 1 lmao.
Monika's "file" is removed from the story, which includes all information about her existence.

DDLC as a whole is made up of these information files, including every space-time in the verse. If she lacks that file, then she lacks space-time.
Still NEP not BDE.
By this logic, anyone who is erased across time gets BDE. It does not work like that. Getting erased does not grant BDE simple as that.

Also @StrymULTRA if you cannot argue without throwing snide remarks, refrain from arguing, as such remarks will only make things toxic.

By this logic, anyone who is erased across time gets BDE. It does not work like that. Getting erased does not grant BDE simple as that.
It actually does, given that files in DDLC are also space-time and history other than plot, info and concept.

Thus, if you know some NEP characters who are nonexistent across space time, then upgrade them.

Repeating yourself doesn't make your point stronger.

I mean if it occurs in a higher dimensional universe where time is considered a dimension shouldnt the erasure transcend dimensions. (I dont know what I just wrote).

I mean if it occurs in a higher dimensional universe where time is considered a dimension shouldnt the erasure transcend dimensions. (I dont know what I just wrote).
Be wise with the wording, my guy.

Transcend =/= Lacking, Monika is the latter. The erasure is indeed 4D, and it deletes all the features of the victim from concept, plot, history and space-time, Monika lacks space-time features because of her being deleted from that, she's not exactly superior to those things.

Still NEP not BDE.

Also @StrymULTRA if you cannot argue without throwing snide remarks, refrain from arguing, as such remarks will only make things toxic.
Okay. I want you to explain to me how someone who is erased across space and time still possesses spatiotemporal existence.

My guy, did you even play the game?
Yes.
Monika was erased from the Player, not herself. And yes, everything in DDLC is made of datas, with the latter even shaping it.
Data requires expansion onto other sections of the console to attain knowledge of other applications, hence, Monika mentioned the existence of Steam in that clip. Just because it is made out of data, doesn't mean it lacks spatiotemporal characteristics and is unbounded by physics.
In fact, after that Sayori was deleted from Monika, the game couldn't even process her anymore, and is forced to completely reshape the script to the point that Sayori never existed in the story, as if she was never born at all. Same happened with Natsuki, where when Monika deletes her, she says that even the cupcakes she made will be erased as a side effect of that, also that hinting at being erased from space-time (both of these erasures have plenty of scans here, btw).
This is off-topic; I'm talking about BDE here not erasure from space-time and history. And I cannot find DBE on Lavo's page.
And fun fact, that happens even after that Monika was erased! In fact she does not appear anymore in the menu and Monika never appeared either, as the Club (made from Sayori) was not officially made until the Player joined in, as the minimum required is of 4 members, while before her erasure, Monika is the one that created it and already had 4 members.
If their world has to exist because of the player then it wouldn't be logical to assume that it's not like that when Monika was around. She being able to erase Sayori after erasure doesn't prove anything of BDE, as she could've merely resisted it.
There's no "expanded above the game", they're straight up erased in the same way, all of them in those cases were completely erased from also space-time and were never existed in those. They're BDE 1 because they lack space-time features right because of them being erased from space-time.
This entirely makes no sense. They're erased, they're gone. So according to this logic, every character who succumbed to EE gets type 1 BDE? Doesn't sound reasonable. You can't exist if you don't exist anymore, and you can't do anything about it.

Okay. I want you to explain to me how someone who is erased across space and time still possesses spatiotemporal existence.
If they're erased then they're dead, they don't exist. They're not a being anyone. Being erased does not grant an ability in any sense.

If they're erased then they're dead, they don't exist. They're not a being anyone. Being erased does not grant an ability in any sense.
You've completely failed at both comprehending and answering my question.

For Monika to not have BDE, you need to prove that being erased from space-time still means she has a spatiotemporal existence.

If that sounds strange to you, it's because your argument is nonsensical. But go ahead and explain it.

You've completely failed at both comprehending and answering my question.

For Monika to not have BDE, you need to prove that being erased from space-time still means she has a spatiotemporal existence.

If that sounds strange to you, it's because your argument is nonsensical. But go ahead and explain it.
I don't see how that can be an ability. Her entire dimension is gone and her "non-existence" wouldn't be combat-applicable. She can't do anything because she doesn't exist, hence it shouldn't serve as an ability.

I don't see how that can be an ability. Her entire dimension is gone and her "non-existence" wouldn't be combat-applicable. She can't do anything about it, absolutely nothing.
Except she can, because in the game, she literally still uses her powers while reduced to that state - and restores the entire game without her, and then even while it doesn't have her, still manages to manipulate it.

There's a reason it's "limited," though, and that's because she only gains these abilities provided someone erases her.

The page is basically saying that she can still operate after all of her information is destroyed in a fight.

It is combat-applicable in the right situations.

Except she can, because in the game, she literally still uses her powers while reduced to that state.

There's a reason it's "limited," though, and that's because she only gains these abilities provided someone erases her.
Well, it's not listed as "limited". And is there definite proof that she can use her powers in that state and not just lurking in other parts of the system?
The page is basically saying that she can still operate after all of her information is destroyed in a fight.

It is combat-applicable in the right situations.
Mind linking it?

BDE isn't really an ability, but a state of being, combat applicable or not is really not relevant
Well, there's a reason why characters that are simply erased from space-time don't have DBE.

Well, it's not listed as "limited". And is there definite proof that she can use her powers in that state and not just lurking in other parts of the system?

Mind linking it?
Garri, are you being serious right now? Did you even look at the page?

This is embarrassing.

2eQy8VA.png

"BDE" is one of the things she gains after being erased and becoming nonexistent. It falls under "limited" because NEP is limited as well. It's attached to it.

"Is there definite proof she can use her powers in that state"

She restores the whole game after having her character file removed. Mind you, the character file that stores every piece of information about her.

After Sayori gains awareness of the game, Monika, despite being deleted from the game, still stops her.

Garri, are you being serious right now? Did you even look at the page?

This is embarrassing.

2eQy8VA.png

"BDE" is one of the things she gains after being erased and becoming nonexistent. It falls under "limited" because NEP is limited as well. It's attached to it.
Well, my bad. I'll keep that on note.
She restores the whole game after having her character file removed. Mind you, the character file that stores every piece of information about her.

After Sayori gains awareness of the game, Monika, despite being deleted from the game, still stops her.
She could've resisted the erasure instead or expanded her existence beyond the DDLC world. That feat isn't explicit, and rather a bit too vague to qualify for even limited BDE.

Well, my bad. I'll keep that on note.

She could've resisted the erasure instead or expanded her existence beyond the DDLC world. That feat isn't explicit, and rather a bit too vague to qualify for even limited BDE.
She can't resist the erasure.

Garri, we, as the PLAYER, literally delete her file from the game itself on some meta-shit (Like, in the FILES ON THE COMPUTER). There's no way for her to have resisted it.

You're being disingenuous at this point, and very clearly haven't even played the game, yet you are making such strong claims.

Garri, we, as the PLAYER, literally delete her file from the game itself on some meta-shit (Like, in the FILES ON THE COMPUTER). There's no way for her to have resisted it.

You're being disingenuous at this point, and very clearly haven't even played the game, yet you are making such strong claims.
I played DDLC quite a long time ago and I can't remember all of it, my apologies. Well, yeah we deleted her file but since all of this is fiction and all we're not going by conventional reality logic here. After all, BDE would sound more like an extrapolation than resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back