• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slave Knight Gael Downgrades

Ariandel Gael shouldn't be High 4-C as he obtains the Dark Soul only during the events of The Ringed City, and that's the only reasons for his tier. Ringed City Gael shoudn't be high 4-C possibly 4-B scaling to End Game Ashen One because and i quote Everlasting "Dark Souls operates heavily under gameplay and story segregation. The order you fight bosses in is not indicative of their overall power, unless you think the armor of some random dragon slayer schmuck is stronger than multiple Lords of Cinder."

Gael keys' should be changed to "Base | With the Dark Soul" and only his second key should scale to Gwy

Keep in mind that 4-C Gwyn is because he split up his soul repeatedly, giving good portions of it to his children, Seath, and the 4 Kings. So, Dark Soul Gael should definitely still be High 4-C, since the Dark Soul is pretty much equal to Gwyn's soul. Also, Gael helps fight the Demon Prince, and also had to kill the Demon Prince in his world to get to the Ringed City. The Demon Prince is High 4-C scaling to Lorian.

They're placed at "at least 4-C, and they're comfortably superior to other Lords of Cinder due to being the last hurdle for the Ashen One prior to the Soul of Cinder

Ariandel Gael can somewhat fight Friede, who is an ashen one and as such should be about as strong as the PC ashen one can get. Endgame Gael being closer to SOC still works, as this Gael has the full dark soul, fragments of which in the forms of the pygmy lords could match Gwyn, and the first flame isn't a thing anymore by the time you fight him which only strengthens the Abyss more. While he may not necessarily be stronger (or maybe, considering the bizarre time mechanics around that, but that's probably derailing), he definitely should be comparable.

Ashes of Ariandel Gael is only Star level, possibly Star level+, or should be. The only people he proved to be on par with are Friede (who's most remarkable accolade is being an Ashen One, i.e. Star level, plus whatever unknown amount of power she gained from Father Ariandel/The Blackflame) and later, The Demon Prince (who was roughly on-par with Prince Lorian in-lore, back before he was crippled.) Technically, the latter was in the Ringed City DLC, but he uses the exact same equipment, skill set, etc. there as in AoA.

Really, a more accurate tab division would be "Base | With the Dark Soul", I'd think.

ThePerpetual said:
Ashes of Ariandel Gael is only Star level, possibly Star level+, or should be. The only people he proved to be on par with are Friede (who's most remarkable accolade is being an Ashen One, i.e. Star level, plus whatever unknown amount of power she gained from Father Ariandel/The Blackflame) and later, The Demon Prince (who was roughly on-par with Prince Lorian in-lore, back before he was crippled.) Technically, the latter was in the Ringed City DLC, but he uses the exact same equipment, skill set, etc. there as in AoA.
Really, a more accurate tab division would be "Base | With the Dark Soul", I'd think.
I agree with this

Actually, apparently Demon Prince/Lothric and Lorian are Large Star level? ...why is that? Being superior to base-line 4-C beings doesn't automatically entail you're over 6, 7 times stronger, or so.

Lothric and Lorian's page doesn't say they're High 4-C...

I'd agree with the classifications Perpetual suggested for Gael. Lothric and Lorian being at at least 4C probably owes mostly to there being two of them, their profile being collectively, and regular 4C being a rather narrow tier, but putting at least for them and probably just regular 4C for demon prince since he only fought Lorian would be best. Ashen one peak is High 4C-4B, High 4C being the selected scaling for Friede, but she probably shouldn't be below 4C at minimum. Base Gael should be at least 4C, and Dark soul Gael seems fine where he is.

Wokistan said:
4C, or at least 4C, but yeah either way he'd def not ashen one tier until he gets the dark soul. Friede being stronger makes sense, since he obviously hasn't killed her yet and the PC is needed for that.

Back