• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls content revision/downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The God Tiers, as in the Trinity, are as fine as they are. However the placement of anyone past Marie bugs me. I will go one through the other

1) Marie Korbel's Low 7-B feat... where it is? I am serious, I think I have watched every Skullgirls playthrough and played quite a few but I never remember her 'destroying Medici's tower and portions of New Meridian'. From what I remember, Marie literally spends most of the time staying in the cathedral except in Squigly's story mode where she throws a building at the Medici's zeppelin. According to the statements here 'most of the debris hit the water, a few buildings were damaged, but it's fine '. Which doesn't strike me as a small city level feat. I don't even remember an instance where Medici's tower is destroed besides Eliza being about to in her giant mode.

We need a link or a more justified explaination, or to downgrade her to 8B.... speaking of which

2) Marie's (and the Skullgirls) 5B justification. This feels Yu Yu Hakushu all over again. I don't think it was shown in any instance a Skullgirls can destroy a planet. The way I interpret such a statement is that they destroy civilization over time. I mean, an hypersonic, at least 8B being should be able to wipe most of the world over a few weeks. Hekc, there is a cut ending that has been datamined where Peacock asks for the entire world's air to turn into chocolate and the Skullheart outright says it can't and that 'it has limits' . Isn't turning all air into chocolate like... a multi continental feats if only by range?

The only other time we were shown a timeline where the goddess obtain what they want is in Robo Fortune's ending , much to their puzzlement, where Robo-Fortune is again implied to making a systematic destruction of the world with an army. Again, this would be an over time destruction of civilization, not a genuine destruction of the world... which leads to....

3) Queen Nancy's 6B statement feels again... dishonest. Yes, she was obliterating the three countires, but I do not see it being a 'one shot' deal, but a systematic destruction of them over time. Heck even the 'combined power of an army leaving a wasteland of thousands of kilometers'... wouldn't that be again an average effect of who knows what kind of mass bombardments and who knows what else and not a single shot? Carpet bombing is a thing which is likely they have in Skullgirls. I don't think thye used a country level weapon. And this again, if this is true and I am merely ignorant of the feats, which happens (and I apologize in case) could they be posted? Most of Skullgirls' storymode are online, a link would not be a problem!

I apologize for wasting people's time

Yeah, I always found justification for the Skullgirls stats highly questionable, in fact, I think downgraded them before, didn't even realize they were using such reasoning for the profiles. I agree that the 6B and 5B justifications are highly questionable.

I will get to this when I get home because I actually had upgrades planned that would further cement their justifications

I forgot to even point out that's even a feat contradicting that with Peacock defeating Big Band (pretty easily) in his story mode. I know PIS is a thing, but given the already firmsly feats I am iffy about it and seems to make it lean against a 6B Big Band

I swear I hate myself for doing this. I love Skullgirls but the reasoning are far too vague

WeeklyBattles said:
I will get to this when I get home because I actually had upgrades planned that would further cement their justifications
Also things that would restore their previois tiers

The reasoning provided in this thread seems okay, although this would mean that a major downgrade is in order.

What was the reasoning for the current Low 7-B and 5-B tiering exactly?

From the page of Marie Korbel

At least Small City level (Destroyed the Medici Tower and the surrounding complex, as well as a portion of New Meridian, but was resisting the Skull Heart's influence and thus was only using a small portion of its power), potentially Planet level (Should she give into the Skull Heart's influence she could become powerful enough to destroy the world given enough time)

From the page of Nancy

Country level (Had the power to obliterate the Canopy Kingdom, the Chess Kingdom, and the Gigan Nation, three nations the size of countries), potentially Planet level (Had the three nations not been forced to unite against her she would have eventually grown strong enough to destroy the planet)

But again, I feel iffy given the context. If Weekly would show those feats, I will LOVE THEM. The reasoning shown is a bit too restrictive IMO

Okay, so an adjustment for the God Tiers, upon looking back at the clip of them from Double's story, they see not only the Skullgirl's universe, but multiple timelines of said universe as just a work of fiction, a video game. This would make them 5-D, not 4-D as they ar currently listed.

Going along with this, it is stated by Aeon that all of the Skullgirls story modes are seperate timelines that will eventually converge, meaning that, while none of the story modes are actually canon, they all actually happened. So they should technically all scale to Marie and Double for defeating them at different points throughout each of their storylines.

Anyways:

1) It comes from that feat, though the math i did for it has been lost to my old laptop due to me making Marie's profile suuuuuuuuuuuuper early in my wiki days, before i knew how blog posts worked...But anyways, she literally tore down the skyscraper and threw it pretty fast, hence where the feat comes from. Someone should probably recalc it as it would scale to basically everyone. It also comes from the realm of Gehenna, which is large enough to house the ruins of an entire civilizatio, being an extesion of Double.

2) Looking back at it, i do agree that 5-B is shaky, there are multiple "Destroying the world" statements but thats about it. Although i dont really think using a cut, unused line of dialogue is really the best justification for removing it.

3) The distances between the Canopy Kingdom, the Gigan Nation and the Chess Kingdom are roughly the equivalent of the distances between Europe, Russia and the Middle East. It would take more than just a bit of carpet bombing to reduce tens of thousands of kilometers of land to the near uninhabitable state its in now, especially in the short timeframe that is implied.

2) Looking back at it, i do agree that 5-B is shaky, there are multiple "Destroying the world" statements but thats about it. Although i dont really think using a cut, unused line of dialogue is really the best justification for removing it.

3) The distances between the Canopy Kingdom, the Gigan Nation and the Chess Kingdom are roughly the equivalent of the distances between Europe, Russia and the Middle East. It would take more than just a bit of carpet bombing to reduce tens of thousands of kilometers of land to the near uninhabitable state its in now, especially in the short timeframe that is implied.

May like to take a look at this as well if you get the chance

0) Awesome, we should Double's ending explaination to the Trinity to show that!

1) I understand, and I can see that, but I would require just to make sure a calculation, we might even get an upgrade!

2) Between the lack of evidence of any character besides the Trinity being planetary, I will rely on a cut line to make a point. If there any statement or shows

3) I still don't remember any part where all of those things were stated, though, and I have just checked Parasoul's story mode. Can I have a link of where all of those statements have been given? I am still iffy on Big Band being >>> all the playable characters given how he is knocked out fairly easily by Peacock

0) Hmm?

1) I'll request tomorrow

2) From what is shown it seems that it is more likely to be a "Wipe out humanity" style destroying the world rather than a literal blowing up the planet, further driven by the fact that Aeon and Venus stated that Robo-Fortune was doing the Skull Heart's job for them by wiping out humanity.

3) Im trying to find it but i think the size of No Man's Land is from a dev interview, so it will likely be kinda hard to find...We may just end up downgrading her and Big Band to an 'At least X, likely much higher" if i cant find it.

0) Nothing, simply to post this video in Venus and Aeon's profile

1) I hope we get a nice high value!

2) It pains me to downgrade Skullgirls. Seriously, between this and Godzilla I feel the need to make an upgrade thread... possibly Shantae?

3) Yeah, I only read it's part of a country that doesn't exist anymore. As I can't even find the timeframe of Nancy destroying the world, I am a little iffy, but I admit that an instant carpet bombing does not seem the case

0) Ah okay, yeah that can be arranged

2) Technically this is a simultaneous downgrade and upgrade seeing as this would make everyone scale to whatever the result of the Marie feat yields

3) Its a massive near uninhabitable landscape created as a result of the three nations banding together to stop Nancy. Her destroying the world is most likely referring to a lifewipe

May like to take a look at this as well if you get the chance

Shouldn't we add as a weakness that she is alive only because of Marie/ whoever is the Skullgirl?

I feared the yield would have not been higher. I am iffy about Double though. I mean she is often implied to be holding back except against Beowulf,Annie and Squiggly (and Eliza who scales above all of them)

Sorry for the major necro, but you have to see 4-D beings as a work of fiction to achieve High 2-A, not just timelines.

@Cal A lot of people told me that seeing a 4-D timeline as 2-D would make the character who sees it as such High 2-A though?

It's another way of transcending a timeline. It's undoubtedly a higher dimensional feat, but the level of higher dimensionality becomes up to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back