• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sion Eltnam Atlasia vs Abra

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
I don't know Sion that well but she has psychic-like abilities, so that's cool

Abra is holding a twisted spoon, I can restrict this if needed.

Naturally, this is their 9-B keys.

Who wins and why?

Sion Eltnam Atlasia

Abra: 1

Inconclusive:

Do we distinguish between psychic mind manip and bio mind manip? If we do, etherlite oneshots. Depending on how long Abra's live, Black Barrel replica also oneshots, precog helps set up shots. Outside of those two options, she is pretty much screwed.

Problem is that Abra has everything she does, except for Black Barrel, and a bunch of other stuff. Seems borderline stompy but I'll vote Abra with a decisive win.

Remember Abra doesn't have everything on the profile; most of it refers to Alakazam. What Abra does have is precognition, telepathy, status effect inducement, superior range and likely a significant AP advantage, along with passive healing and a speed advantage.

Sion has her own precog + telepathy and the means to one-shot, so hopefully this is fair

Isn't his precog actually seeing the future? Hers is by making a bunch of calculations (rather accurate but still) which is reliant on info she can gather, making his superior. He also has her beat in AP, range, hax and speed. Aside from the potential OHK and durability negation (which is unlikely to land), she has nothing.

And isn't Abra's go to move teleportation when the opponent does anything? Unless he sits there and takes a shot from BBR at the very start, he wins.

Abra seriously outranges her with teleportation, but he'd have to get in a closer range to actually attack her.

Yes, Abra leads with teleportation. I'll count your vote for Abra

Yeah...you do know that baby Pokemon, which Abra scales from, is about to get a huge jump to 8-C due to scaling from Togepi, who is capable of harming Cleffa who can tank this.

I mean

That'd just mean both of them one-shot each other

Also Cal makes no mention of Abra scaling in the calc that you linked

I had a hankering suspicion about that. On the Alakazam profile, it lists Abra as being comparable to baby Pokemon, even placing it at 9-B.

So in that context, Abra should've been at least 8-C. However, considering it isn't actually a baby Pokemon, I was gonna bring that up as well and explain that it's probably actually 8-A.

Well if it scales to first stage Pokemon then so does its range, and this becomes a stomp

Back