• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Shulk incon'ed one of most haxxed 2-Bs moreover it seems he's holding his own against another haxxed AF 2-B is both disturbing and impressive at the same time.

Isn't Alvis's EE due to ether? If his resistance negation works like Josh thinks, then can Rimuru be affected by it?

Yes, everything in Xenoblade revolves around Ether(even concepts and existence). So even though we can't EE ingame for Xenoblade it falls under what the Resistance Negating covers.

Bware1 said:
Probability resistance is under Psuedo True Dragon Tab, but I don't see Life-Force Absorption.
Rimuru isn't even technically alive, regardless, he resists absorption of all kinds via being an Ultimate Skill user, which is superior to his previous absorption skills that could do just that.

I honestly think this is just incon as Rimuru infinetly incaps Shulk but due to lack of range (It's only 10,000 or so) he get's GER'd by alvis and It doesn't seem Shulk can harm Rimuru

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
I honestly think this is just incon as Rimuru infinetly incaps Shulk but due to lack of range (It's only 10,000 or so) he get's GER'd by alvis and It doesn't seem Shulk can harm Rimuru
So this'll be incon until Alvis thinks Resistance Negating EE that yeets Mid-Godlys.

JoshSSJGod said:
So this'll be incon until Alvis thinks Resistance Negating EE that yeets Mid-Godlys.
And what stops Rimuru from analyzing the entire battle before it begins, learning of Alvis's power, and nullifying it and copying it? How is the EE done btw? Through magic?

Are we actually sure that Shulk resist all of Rimuru's passive?

• Fear (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Madness (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Empathic (Demon Lord's Haki and Messiah)
  • Sleep (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Soul (Demon Lord's Haki affect the soul and automatically triggered from fear hax)
  • Mind (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Death (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Radiation (Demon Lord's Haki)
  • Fate Manip (Mishap Manipulation, Rimuru has other forms of Fate Manip but this one is passive iirc. Rimuru's other forms of Fate Manip works on resistances and maybe on Acausal type 4 but not Mishap Manipulation)
  • Causality Manip (Susanoo, always grants Rimuru the first hit due to the causality system being in his favor. Works on Acausal type 4 such as Dagruel)
  • Luck (Chosen One, he's so lucky that attacks that he made will always land and attacks that will hit Rimuru will miss. Makes Rimuru's attack crit all the time. Pierces resistance)
  • Social Influencing (Messiah, on a country-scale at least, makes other not fight, join him, surrender, charmed, etc.)
  • Probability Manip (Messiah, lower other's hit chance that even 100% chance will miss. Pierces resistance)
  • Statistics Reduction and Power null (Envious Leviathan, lowers opponents skill or power to below Rim's level. At the end of series, Rimuru can use his negative energy to jam his opponents' life support, making them lose half of their ability to fight. Pierces resistances on a higher degree)
  • Statistics Amplification and Reactive Evolution (Rimuru passively evolves every day becoming stronger to the point that he completely outclasses those who were major threats to him before)
  • Perception Manipulation (Rimuru has the perception and thinking process of 10,000,000x meaning that when they are at the same speed, Rimuru perceives Shulk as very slow because 1 second is equal to more than 100 days in his view)

Rimuru's EE Resistance Potency was never explained though unless I missed it. This is moving very fast

Alvis has Abstract Existence Type 1, Rimuru isn't nulling anything of his.

JoshSSJGod said:
Rimuru resists resistance negation it seems

Bware1 said:
Rimuru's EE Resistance Potency was never explained though unless I missed it. This is moving very fast
Yes, it's 2-B. All of his resistances are in the current key, especially since Turn Null isn't one and done like before.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
JoshSSJGod said:
And what stops Rimuru from analyzing the entire battle before it begins, learning of Alvis's power, and nullifying it and copying it? How is the EE done btw? Through magic?
He can't copy Alvis and his powers since he lacks the range

Just took another look through Rim's profile. Don't see resistance to Res Negating on it (if it is there tell where please).

Also seems Rim can't touch Alvis due to higher dimensional stuff.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Bware1 said:
Yes, it's 2-B. All of his resistances are in the current key, especially since Turn Null isn't one and done like before.
If that's the case, Alvis could bypass it. Shulk's EE worked against Zanza who resisted Malos's EE

Abstract Existence Type 1 prevents any and all abilities from working on them unless they have the "special power" to interact with them, power null and power copying included.

It's like someone without NPI trying to interact with a ghost.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Once again, he still doesn't have the range to and Higher-Dimensional Existence also doesn't allow him to analyze Alvis.
>Higher-Dimensional Existence

They're on the same dimensionality

JoshSSJGod said:
Just took another look through Rim's profile. Don't see resistance to Res Negating on it (if it is there tell where please).
Also seems Rim can't touch Alvis due to higher dimensional stuff.
He doesn't have it? He should, as Ultimate Skills>Psuedo-Ultimate Skills, and the resistance negation is a Psuedo US, so he should resist it.

As an outside unbiased perspective (someone who knows either of these characters)

I can confidentially say I dont understand either side of the argument. Both sides are either jumping from one ability to another or not explaining things clearly. Shulks arguments make a tiny more sense to me. I will ask some questions I'd like both sides to answer

• What do both characters start with
  • How does Shulk neg Rimurus starting move and vice versa
  • What is the AP difference

No, they aren't. Shion's worked on someone who has a 2-C resistance to time and casualty stuff, and is already acasual.

Resistance to Time and Causality aren't the same as resistance to Fate.

XDragnoir said:
No, they aren't. Shion's worked on someone who has a 2-C resistance to time and casualty stuff, and is already acasual.
Resistance to Time and Causality aren't the same as resistance to Fate.
His acausality type 4 is 4-D, so fatehax wont work

Jesus, this is why I hate debating WN Rimuru, too much happens at once and it's a pain to explain especially with the story in the WN being a rough draft compared to the LN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back