• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Ness REDUX of a REDUX

TheQuirkyBoy said:
B—But Nigh-Omniscience Gifted by an Omniscient deity.
And remember how I said this would then theoretically allow Ness to have access to every PSI attacks in his own verse?
Pepridge farms remembers.

Also would laws of causality count as an omnisicent diety now that I think about it? *Insert thonk here as I'm too lazy to get it*

A being who happens to be what causes things to happen and what the result of those causes is seems rather all knowing to me in a sense.

If it's declared not OOC then I'll retract my vote. This might be a stomp since Shulk has a win con and Ness doesn't. Unless I overlooked something on his profile.

Because it's not like he's going to use precog on an enemy he can't see and hit. Sure it would help Shulk Possibly dodge PSI attacks, but he's not going to find a strategy to beat Ness just by precogging.

Is that supposed to mean anything here? Or change the results? I would also like to say that Giygas had access to a Precognition and Clairvoyance device yet still lost against Ness.

It's Passive you say? Where does it say that?

Giygas's precog/clairvoyance didn't know who would win if he went with the plan he did in EB.

Monado's vision automatically activates whenever Shulk's in danger. So it's more so instinctive then passive.

I see..

That reminds me as I'm not quite sure about this, but would Nigh Omniscience allow you to know about the future and such? Ness already knew about the Apple of Enlightenments prophecy and what is to happen later on after magicant.

Another precog Ness has is with his "bad dream" section, however this never got a true answer and thus is left a mystery (with the argument of TOTU helping him out and thus Ness being reliant on it or just him quite literally having a bad dream and returning to his previous save).

Edit: I forgot Shulk has that darn Acausality, meaning even if Ness could see the future, he wouldn't see Shulk. My apologies.

So the only real argument here is

- Precognition

- Reality Warping

That's about it really...

Even then, Ness can fight and tank attacks from a much more dangerous entity with pretty much all of those abilities.

Shulk's Attack Reflection isn't really a Shield it's from equpping a Gem. Though Shield off could work against Monado Shield.

Funny you say that...

Indeed it is...

Chaos

I'm this close to just desiring to give up on everything and let things loose.

Back