• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Ness REDUX of a REDUX

So from what I saw in the last thread Ness won due to probability manipulation, something he no longer has. So let us restart this fight.

Speed equal.

Shulk:

Ness:

Inconclusive:

Fate Manip doesn't work do to type 2 acausality, can't manipulate the future of someone who doesn't have it.

Shulk can't really affect Ness normally, unless he uses his Reality Warping abilities.

That being said, since he has no future, TOTU can't really mess with him that much, which the only thing it can really do is preventing Ness from his utter doom! Also isn't Shulk getting revised or something?

Anyway, Ness will have to rely on his psychic abilities that Shulk may or may not resist and other wacky abilities up in his arsenal.

Theoretically, since Ness is nigh Omniscient, he should perhaps have access to many other psychic abilities not present within the game.

Monado vision gives him the idea.

Thread looks dead and DDM said he'd get to working on a blog for 2-C eventually. Usually when someone says that we're looking at bare min a month wait, and we don't even know if the opposing side will agree with it.

Ah yes, how could I ever neglect such an ability...

WHY MUST I SUFFER!!! AGHHHH

I mean still, Ultimate Intelligence granted by something that represents Truth, that's pretty cool. Still, Shulk has to use his RW in order to do damage to Ness. Anything else, Shulk will just be hitting thin air.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Fate Manip doesn't work do to type 2 acausality, can't manipulate the future of someone who doesn't have it.
Not that it would matter since Shulk's Vision's are able to Change Fate as seen with Zanza explaining such while having control over The Passage of Fate.

Yep probably back to Inconclusive. Pretty sure Shulk would only use Realty Warping as an Ultimate Last Resort, but not voting just yet. This Fight might as well be a rivalry at this point.

Shulk pretty much has the right arsenal and equipments to resist most of Ness's main attacks. Thing is, Shulk can't really do much to Ness besides his Reality Warping abilities, but since Truth is protecting Ness and the fact that Truth itself can't even mess with Shulk, this is most likely going to be another Inconclusive.

Highly reccomend it. Pretty easy to get into but challenging enough to be fun. Xenoblade 2 is a bit more complex, and if you have a Wii U I hear Xenoblade X is decent.

I want to start with XB 2 since it's the most accessible at the moment. Would that screw anything up or would I have to start with XB 1?

Well...yes and no. Each Xenoblade has thier own Universe, Story, Characters, Enviornment, etc. So you don't neccesarily need to play 1 to understand 2 but 2 does have connections to 1 with The Architect being Zanza's other half among other things.

Bware1 said:
Yep probably back to Inconclusive. Pretty sure Shulk would only use Realty Warping as an Ultimate Last Resort, but not voting just yet. This Fight might as well be a rivalry at this point.
>Vision.

>Can't harm Ness physically.

>Ness is a living universe

Why would he not go to RW?

Pretty sure Shulk using RW is OOC, but SBA assumes that they are using their normal battle strategies but willing to kill.

However RW is the only option for Shulk. Still, it's inconclusive regardless.

Why is it OoC? Shulk's a genius, he sees that Ness is a living universe and he can't harm him via normal means and his visions warn him. Also why would this be incon?

Shulk is unaffected by Ness's main wincon, that being TotU, and he himself has a wincon that works (being RW). This seems to decisively lean towards Shulk.

I dunno, I just heard it was. Besides, I just said he would have to use it, so calm it there.

Read my arguments above por favor.

Yeah, what about him having to use it?

Inconclusive has both sides having valid arguments and having seemingly equal wincons, Ness does not have a wincon, Shulk does.

Sixo Bullets said:
Shulk is unaffected by Ness's main wincon, that being TotU, and he himself has a wincon that works (being RW). This seems to decisively lean towards Shulk.
TOTU says no u and revives Ness.

B—But Nigh-Omniscience Gifted by an Omniscient deity.

And remember how I said this would then theoretically allow Ness to have access to every PSI attacks in his own verse?

So the fight pretty much comes down to if Shulk will use his ace in the hole at all. Otherwise they can't do anything to eachother.

Back