• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not. In fact I'm in favor of completely rejecting this. Kratos has access to the Nemean Cestus, the Golden Fleece and his Olympian magic. At the end of GOW3 Kratos loses all his magic and weapons. If Bruno says this takes place after GOW3, how does Kratos suddenly have access to them if this game is canon? That literally contradicts the story. GOW3 and Shovel Knight cannot coexist in the same world and make sense at the same time.
game mechanics, the end.
gigachad-average-enjoyer.gif

but seriously if it's literally 100% confirmed that it's canon, then it's canon. Inconsistencies in stuff like that that just exist to spice up the boss fight are what's going to be ignored, not the canonicity.
You're not really making a good case for why throwing out the entire crossover is more valid than just throwing out the impossible parts.
What's confirmed by statement is that canon Kratos fought canon shovel knight, the exact details of what we see in the game are not as important.

but seriously if it's literally 100% confirmed that it's canon, then it's canon. Inconsistencies in stuff like that that just exist to spice up the boss fight are what's going to be ignored, not the canonicity.
You're not really making a good case for why throwing out the entire crossover is more valid than just throwing out the impossible parts.
What's confirmed by statement is that canon Kratos fought canon shovel knight, the exact details of what we see in the game are not as important.
Alright would you say you're knowledgeable on SK or GoW?

RN I see three options.

A: No upgrades but it is noted to be canon.

B: 8-C, possibly 2-C route

C: Flat out 2-C

Whatever one is chosen, SK Kratos still gets merged into Canon Kratos. Literally no way we can keep them separate anymore.
If SK gets no upgrade in ap, would he get the resistances at least?

Neutral, leaning on agree with C. Else, B would be a good option.

Honestly though, the PlayStation AllStars stuff for Kratos is clearer than this, since it's both said to be canon by devs at some point and actually referenced in-game.

But since devs insist this is canon then I dunno what to say.

Neutral, leaning on agree with C. Else, B would be a good option.

Honestly though, the PlayStation AllStars stuff for Kratos is clearer than this, since it's both said to be canon by devs at some point and actually referenced in-game.

But since devs insist this is canon then I dunno what to say.
So, Neutral, leaning towards agree on C and agree with B?

That's dumb. You're implying that evidence doesn’t matter and basically WOG can just overpower any kind of proof. In order for the canon to work in the first place, then the story beats need to make sense.
You guys are pushing an upgrade despite ignoring the context of important story elements. Y'all don't seem to care on how little sense these wog statements make, instead you’re quick to be like "Oh pog! An upgrade!"

image.png

That's dumb. You're implying that evidence doesn’t matter and basically WOG can just overpower any kind of proof. In order for the canon to work in the first place, then the story beats need to make sense.
You guys are pushing an upgrade despite ignoring the context of important story elements. Y'all don't seem to care on how little sense these wog statements make, instead you’re quick to be like "Oh pog! An upgrade!"
vs wiki user when author says "it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon" and then gets the response of "but you used the wrong weapons by accident, NOT CANON!
but again, you still haven't proved that what is very obviously just a regular old plot hole would be more valid to accept as what was intended than the multiple word of god statements that is contradicts.

vs wiki user when author says "it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon it's canon" and then gets the response of "but you used the wrong weapons by accident, NOT CANON!
but again, you still haven't proved that what is very obviously just a regular old plot hole would be more valid to accept as what was intended than the multiple word of god statements that is contradicts.
It's the literal definition of death of the author dude. If twitter statements were that important, then why isn’t it shown in the story?
VBW try not to cherry-pick WOG statements challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

Worst case scenario, it's an outlier, but it's still canon to the storyline.

Either way, SK Kratos goes. Poof. Bye-Bye. He either gets an SK key where he is essentially his Norse self or he gets merged with his Norse key with a pretty-looking SK artwork render in the tabbers.

Anyway I agree with 2-C due to being confirmed a canonical crossover, and also cuz I just love the idea of a guy with a shovel being unironically put in 2-C matches

There used to be a 7-B calc from the Enchantress, but got removed from scaling to physicals via ED standards. Then I think it later got removed outright and no one knows why. Think no proof she actually caused the storm or something.
So uh, DDM, what's you're take on this?

Option A (considering the connection between both verses as canon but defining the feats as outliers) makes the most sense in my opinion.

A verse who consistently only has Tier 8 feats shouldn't be upgraded to 2-C because of one in-game fight, our explanation for what outliers are explicitly mention the idea of situations where feats that completely contradict the narrative of the verse's scaling and (or) story, or provide an increase in tier that's exponentially greater than everything else that's shown or stated, aren't considered to be viable for scaling because of the inconsistent and contradictory nature of them.

If there were more statements or feats that imply a Tier 2 level of power then I'd be fine with the scaling, but since this seemingly doesn't exist and is instead only supported by this one fight, I don't agree with considering these feats as usable.

Option A (considering the connection between both verses as canon but defining the feats as outliers) makes the most sense in my opinion.

A verse who consistently only has Tier 8 feats shouldn't be upgraded to 2-C because of one in-game fight, our explanation for what outliers are explicitly mention the idea of situations where feats that completely contradict the narrative of the verse's scaling and (or) story, or provide an increase in tier that's exponentially greater than everything else that's shown or stated, aren't considered to be viable for scaling because of the inconsistent and contradictory nature of them.

If there were more statements or feats that imply a Tier 2 level of power then I'd be fine with the scaling, but since this seemingly doesn't exist and is instead only supported by this one fight, I don't agree with considering these feats as usable.
And what is your opinion on axing the SK profile for Kratos and merging it with canon since the new information makes it impossible for it to be separate from the canon profile? Which would effectively make SK Kratos effectively a budget Norse Kratos? Or would you rather it be merged with Norse Kratos' key since they're effectively the same at this point?

And what is your opinion on axing the SK profile for Kratos and merging it with canon since the new information makes it impossible for it to be separate from the canon profile? Which would effectively make SK Kratos effectively a budget Norse Kratos? Or would you rather it be merged with Norse Kratos' key since they're effectively the same at this point?
Axing the profile and merging it with the canon one seems fine, I currently don't have any problems with that.

I can't really comment on at what point you would merge the profiles since I'm not knowledgeable on either verse. So I'll let more knowledgeable people handle that end, I just wanted to comment my disagreement with the 2-C scaling.

Axing the profile and merging it with the canon one seems fine, I currently don't have any problems with that.

I can't really comment on at what point you would merge the profiles since I'm not knowledgeable on either verse.
SK Kratos would be merged with canon Kratos and here is what it'll be like:

An SK key where Kratos is basically Norse Kratos, Innate powers (Demigod and Norse), Resistances (Demigod, GoW and Norse) and All, but none of his Norse equipment (That includes the Leviathan Axe, Draupnir Spear, the Shields, Weapon Handles, Runes, Enchantments, Talismans, Amulets, Berserker Hilts and then some).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back