• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't goku be able to breathe in space

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were still in Earth's atmosphere and it'd be inconsistent anyways, since it's been repeatedly established even since then that they can't breathe in space.

When goku whis and beerus went to universe 10 they stopped in space and goku wasn't suffocating he was just falling in space

At this point it's better that saiyans can't breathe in space, otherwise SSB Vegeta will only have Planet level durability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratosphere is the link about layers of the Earth's atmosphere. There has been reports of bacteria and even birds that can survive in the second layer of the Earth.

It is literally the most inconsistent thing in the series, lets just say they can that as long as they have oxygen in their lungs their fine but otherwise no that can't "breathe in space".(Technically nothing can breathe in space since there is nothing to breathe)

What I am trying to point is that goku was able to survive in space without oxygen since he was floting above the stratosphere and was floting in the mesosphere

Toryiama says other wise "I thought that things would get out of hand if they fought right there at Capsule Corporation, but naturally, the location changed. (laughs) To think that they'd go all the way into the stratosphere……but thinking about it, they're both aliens,after all. Maybe they can just barely breathe"

Huesito88 said:
Toryiama says other wise "I thought that things would get out of hand if they fought right there at Capsule Corporation, but naturally, the location changed. (laughs) To think that they'd go all the way into the stratosphere……but thinking about it, they're both aliens,after all. Maybe they can just barely breathe"
That also proves goku can survive in space since it's very diffcult to survive in the stratosphere also the stratosphere barly has enough air to breathe if goku can't survive in space he won't have enough air to breathe and will suffocate

I forget I got a day off from work, but there is also the one instance when Frieza blow up Earth and here is this image: http://imgur.com/2Qhcsza.

Also it is not that difficult to breath as even birds has been reported to breath in the Stratosphere as I mention earlier which by the way they have smaller lung systems than our own, but they can not expand or contract like mammals do.

Dragon ball supers version not movie Tein: so he took down himself too Whis:freiza isn't dead he can survive in the vacuum of space beerus: ohh that's right he probably planned for this

I also think that Whis seemed to protect them.

Aldahshan93161 said:
What I am trying to point is that goku was able to survive in space without oxygen since he was floting above the stratosphere and was floting in the mesosphere

Being able to survive in space is different from being able to breath in space. Goku probably had air in his lungs and his physiology would allow him to survive in the vacuums of space, but he can't breath.

Being able to survive in space is different from being able to survive in space. Goku probably had air in his lungs and his physiology would allow him to survive in the vacuums of space, but he can't breath.

That's a very good point and that's probably the case with goku I completely agree with you

The problem though is that the lungs of a creatures that has them will have its lungs bursted if they have too much air or if there is a lack of air, there will be major organ failures and difficulties of breathing. It also does depend on the respiratory system development of each beings and their adaptation. They will need to evolve as well.

Starkiller215 said:
The problem though is that the lungs of a creatures that has them will have its lungs bursted if they have too much air or if there is a lack of air, there will be major organ failures and difficulties of breathing. It also does depend on the respiratory system development of each beings and their adaptation. They will need to evolve as well.
We are talking about goku here who possesses godly ki and a very trained and durable body he is no ordinary person

I am afraid that we need explicit proof of Goku being able to survive without breathing. Sorry.

@Alda He got caught off guard by a laser when he was not looking during the Resurrection of Frieza Arc and Vegeta got killed in that very same arc by that explosion when it hits as he got caught off guard. They can deflect ki attacks and match blow to blow, but in terms of protection against certain things when their guard is down, not so much. The Earth's atmosphere does still have traces of Oxygen in the upper parts in the atmosphere layers.

There is also a possibility it could have be a plot hole if we going by the fight between Goku and Beerus when they fighting within Earth's atmosphere.

Also the author could have forget about it when it was over years if not decades when he wrote the DB manga.

Antvasima said:
I am afraid that we need explicit proof of Goku being able to survive without breathing. Sorry.
When goku was a kid in dragon ball he used his power pole to go to the moon he was standing on the surface of the moon and didn't have any problems

Aldahshan93161 said:
When goku was a kid in dragon ball he used his power pole to go to the moon he was standing on the surface of the moon and didn't have any problems
Isn't this a proof this happened in the manga also when goku went with beerus and whis to see Zamasu they stopped in space to watch Zamasu's actions goku was thrown in space and nothing happened to him he wasn't suffocating

Here are all the instances of saiyans breathing in space: Kid Goku in DB as well as Bardock(In the manga as well), the fight against Beerus, the fact Vegeta was never directly confirmed to the dead, Goku flying off into space before Whis put up a barrier and Zamasu after he took Goku's body.

Here are the counter arguments: This happened when DB was still a gag manga, Kaio and Frieza said they will die in space(despite the latter had seen Bardock in space and Kaio only said that after Frieza), they could probably still breathe, need more proof, gag, Zamasu somehow altered his biology(somehow).

Again really inconsistent.

@Radical

Basically, Saiyans only seem to need to breathe air when it's convenient for the plot.

It's even worse in the anime, where we see Vegeta stand with his pod open in space when he blows up Arlia, as well as Broly rampaging in an asteroid field.

@Ever What is your stand on this exactly? Truth to be told there is also the Author's statement when he was asked about this kind of topic.

Edit: Never mind as I reread your comment again.

Vegeta in a filler (non canon of course) literally jumped from planet to planet in space while searching for Goku, without having oxygen problems.

Just came here, I'm going to agreed with @Ever, I remember several occations where saiyans (even in non-canon) aren't able to breath without oxygen, so thos moments the writter just forget or is PIS. Isn't like the writters knowns how the space works, Whis was able to talk to Super Shenron when he was thoursand of kilometers away, without mentioning that there's no sound in space...

RadicalMrR said:
Here are all the instances of saiyans breathing in space: Kid Goku in DB as well as Bardock(In the manga as well), the fight against Beerus, the fact Vegeta was never directly confirmed to the dead, Goku flying off into space before Whis put up a barrier and Zamasu after he took Goku's body.

Here are the counter arguments: This happened when DB was still a gag manga, Kaio and Frieza said they will die in space(despite the latter had seen Bardock in space and Kaio only said that after Frieza), they could probably still breathe, need more proof, gag, Zamasu somehow altered his biology(somehow).

Again really inconsistent.
First it's impossible for Zamasu to change his biology how, he doesn't have the ability to change the biology of body's second nothing proves goku flying off to space before whis puted up a barrier is a gag same thing goes for kid goku going to the moon

So are you guys ignoring the fact people without space suits were up their two. We don't know how big planet vegeta atmosphere is for all we know it could be bigger then ours. Those's planets could've shared atmospheres so vegeta may not have been in space

@Ald You don't know if he did changed his mind or not as there is no evidence to that theory and thus it lead to speculation and etc,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back