• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't goku be able to breathe in space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps somebody could change the weakness descriptions for Goku and Vegeta to "Saiyans have sometimes been stated to be unable to survive without breathing in outer space, but this has been portrayed very inconsistently".

Antvasima said:
Perhaps somebody could change the weakness descriptions for Goku and Vegeta to "Saiyans have sometimes been stated to be unable to survive without breathing in outer space, but this has been portrayed very inconsistently".
You are right that's the only option we have since there is alot of instances were saiyans are shown able to survive in space and other instances where they can't and if we keep debating we won't reach a conclusion since there is no direct evidence that saiyans can or can't survive in space

Okay. I am very tired, but I would appreciate if an administrator or content moderator could handle it.

I honestly don't know why this conversation is happening. This is literally their biggest non pride weakness. This is why 5 minutes in Namek was a problem. This is why everyone was scared stiff about Kid Bui's planet bust. It was inconsistent in the non canon stuff, and a couple gag feats. If we're taking gag feats into account, then wassup tier 4 Hercule. It's even consistent enough for Toriyama to explain that they were in the stratosphere, when he could've easily just let it be up for interpretation, which people are evidently still doing.

LordAizenSama said:
The answer to this question is no. they can not breathe in space.
What proves this thre has been moments were saiyans like goku can survive in space such as going to the moon in dragon ball and floating very close to the mesosphere and getting thrown to space yet nothing happening to him in dragon ball super

Yeah, better not change anything, even when fighting with Mageta were stated (kinda) that Saiyans needs oxygen to survive, and isn't like people just learn how to breath without oxygen, not even in DB.

@Anton Don't you mean Vegeta? In any case this should be closed due to fan interpretation of these feats and other things.

Edit: Oh okay as my brain fried on me.

I was refering in the fight against Mageta, the one who said it were Piccolo; but yeah, better close this, there's no point in still discussing this.

Antoniofer said:
Yeah, better not change anything, even when fighting with Mageta were stated (kinda) that Saiyans needs oxygen to survive, and isn't like people just learn how to breath without oxygen, not even in DB.
Yeah saiyans need oxygen but my point is that saiyans like goku were able in some moments to stay in space without oxygen I stated these moments above

Starkiller215 said:
@Alda These instances can be labeled as PIS as for the sake of plot advancement or even a gag feat as @Cal mentioned it so.
If thats the case then goku being or not being able to survive in space should be unknown since nothing proves the instances I stated are pis and at the same time it's sometimes implied they can't survive in space so we actually can't just assume goku can't survive in space and we also can't assume he can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back