• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we use emotional allomancy as stun without bloodlusting allomancers during battles?

The thing is Mistborns seem to underappriciate the power of emotional allomancy. It is used mostly for manipulation but rarelly during actuall fight.

I remember Vin using it that way only twice. Once to shock old Venture, and once in prison actually putting it to propper use.

One of reasons for it might be the fact that when they face a serious opponent like another Mistborn, they don't expect emotional allomancy to work, or are expecting to solve problem with brutte force. They also used emotional allomancy on Koloses, but that is a completelly different situation.

On the other hand when fighting mistkillers and single-power allomancers while they had the upper hand, they could be defeated, but I don't remember Vin or Kelsier trying to atack them emotionally...

So what do you guys think. When fighting a character that doesn't resist emotional manipulation, would they try it in character or not?

I'd assume if they have no knowledge on their opponent it's something they would at least try. Like you said if they're fighting another Mistborn they wouldn't expect it to work as well due to Copperclouds being a thing.

Back