• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Vol 7 Revisions

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Ard

Empowerment

Surpassed the limits of his body due to his emotions

A blade without heart is a blade that elicits no fear.”

Sergia and I both made our move. I could only make out a gleam of something.

The brightness of his bare blade was blinding. My body—as a typical nobody—was at its limit. I couldn’t possibly counter the flash of my enemy’s blade.

But…I was going to move. I had to. After all, I had something that allowed me to go far beyond the limits of this mortal body.

And that was my heart—the power of it.

I would save my friends. I would save the world. I would save Ireena. I was breaking past these bounds with my sense of purpose and sincerity.

I stopped the enemy blade aimed straight at my head by grabbing it with a hand.

“You stopped it…?! With a bare hand…?!”

This was the first time Sergia’s heart stirred. It was here that the battle was decided. I refused to let this opportunity pass me by, carrying out the best plan I could under the circumstances.

I swung my right leg up—and brought it down on him in a high kick.

A disappointingly simple but fascinatingly violent move. The force of my attack came down on Sergia’s head.-Volume 7, Chapter 83

Duplication and Time Reversal?

Ard has regained 3 pieces of the equipment he had as the demon lord, one of them returns anything it reflects to its true form, by using this he regained his lost magic

“Okay. Shall we press forward?”

The two nodded, clearly in good spirits.

We continued down the passageway, going deeper and deeper. In accordance with a prior PSA, there were no more traps blocking our way. The trip was almost uneventful; we arrived at a small room—our destination.

Three pieces of Armor sat upon three altars at the center.

First was the Mirror Shield of Omniscient Reversal that returns anything it reflects to its true form.

Next was the Divine Chains of the Shackle God that bound the target. The effect was more potent when the victim’s raw power was high.

Last was the Supreme Sword of Destruction, capable of cleaving anything in two and eradicating its existence.

Of these three pieces, the Mirror Shield would serve the most use in our current predicament. If we could activate it, we could regain our lost magic. The question was—Volume 7, Chapter 89

The Divine Chains multiply and shackle their target

The man was calling him harmless, a weakling. This filled him with uncontrollable rage.

“Disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear…! Disappeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!”

Fire raced through his heart. Any remaining iota of composure was gone. It was a desperate act of aggression. Light beams scattered as he tried to shoot down the enemy who buzzed about like an irritating fly. The tiniest scratch would spell Ard’s end. Lizer’s power could do that easily.

And yet, he couldn’t achieve what he wanted.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!”

He was like a child throwing a tantrum. This allowed his foe to draw close and—

“Aaaah. He’s got us,” Mephisto said.

Just then, the Divine Chains wrapped on Ard’s right arm snapped around him, and he skillfully moved in, avoiding the beams.

Lizer had nowhere to run. The Divine Chains multiplied, shackling the titan. Writhe as he might, they would not yield. In fact, the chains only grew tighter.

“Graaaaaaaagh…!”

He couldn’t produce more light beams. He could no longer fight.

Is this how it ends?

Even as the vessel of his heart flooded over with regret and immeasurable anger, Lizer was consigned to death. Even so—Volume 7, Chapter 93

Telepathy

Can read the memories in a person's spirit

“We can’t afford to have a staring contest forever with you. I shall reveal her true nature in a quick and precise manner.”

“…You plan on reading the memories in her spirit?”

“That’s risky. What are you gonna do if it’s a trap? Your heart could break if you’re not careful.”

“I cannot say that there’s no chance of that, but I don’t believe that trickster would do such a thing. It should be no problem.”

Mephisto was a moral failure, but there was regulation and consistency to his madness. He wouldn’t do anything unpredictable, which was why I didn’t think he’d attack us here.

That meant Maria played a significant role in this mess. Depending on what that entailed…she might become the key to preventing tragedy.

“Maria. Forgive me if I’m being rude, but I’d like you to tell me about yourself.”

I slowly stepped forward. I was doing my best to put her at ease, but she was as tense as ever. She did seem to read my intentions, though. She didn’t run away.

“Please excuse me.”

I stopped right in front of Maria and held my right hand over her head, casting spirit-reading magic. An instant later, all the information from her astral body flowed into my mind.-Volume 7, Chapter 90

Danmaku

Casted 84 different spells at the same time
“Arrrrrrrrrrd Meteooooooooooooor!”

Apparently, I wouldn’t even be allowed a single breath. The crazy old man came charging after me via the tunnel carved by my body.

“…You never let up, do you?”

When the fuzzy form of the enemy took shape in my blurred vision, I launched a counterattack—a barrage of elemental magic, twenty-seven circles around me, fifty-seven more to encompass Lizer. I cast a total of eighty-four spells, calling up a maelstrom of destruction.

Fire, wind, earth, water, lightning. The flurry of five major elements covered a wide range—including the courtyard, which was reduced to an empty plot. The scene looked like a battlefield, but…

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

Even after taking a blow that would drive back the largest of armies, Lizer pressed onward. There wasn’t a scratch on him. His white priest robes weren’t even singed.

However, I had bought myself some time.

“I’ll crush youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!”

As he came closer, the giant mace that appeared in Lizer’s right hand swung down. Avoiding it was easy enough; my brain was already stabilized and back to normal. I dodged his swing, and it dug impressively into the earth.-Volume 7, Chapter 92

Range

This is from the previous volume, but i overlooked it, considering he can warp people to the middle of the ocean, shouldn't he get a range with warping/teleportation?

I wasted no time waiting for his reaction and cast a flight spell. Levitating in the dark sky, I looked down upon the state of the walled city.

“…This town falls under the domain of our friend Ginny’s family. I will not allow any more violence to befall it,” I said to myself.

I cast a spell, letting magic circles instantly pop up over the city, covering it completely. Magic of every element shot out of them and destroyed the invading forces.

I didn’t kill anyone, though. Ruffians though they were, I had something against taking lives that were already worthless. I robbed them of a limb, max.

I singled out any apparent high-ranking officers to be captured as prisoners of war. I realized the rest might cause trouble if I left them in the town, so I warped them someplace else… The middle of the ocean, to be exact. The opposition was made up of a sturdy pack of orcs, so with luck, they’d survive just fine.

…With that out of the way, I descended back down to where Elrado and Ireena were waiting. They stared at me, long and hard.-Volume 6, Chapter 75

Also he frequently teleports to to other countries, here it shows he can teleport to the border of the country he normally is in

“First, you will go to the territories ruled by the Salvans and the Spencers. Then—”

“—We’ll go save Ginny and the others!” Ireena said.

Kalmia nodded.

The Salvans were Ginny’s family. The Spencers were Elrado’s. The two houses had maintained a master-servant relationship for generations and had protected their swath of land since the founding of Laville. The town under attack was positioned along the border, and I’d heard it was awash in a sea of blood.

I imagined Ginny and Elrado, as the eldest of their noble families, would be preparing to head into battle themselves, even though they weren’t adults yet. In times of crisis, it wasn’t unheard of for such offspring to be entrusted with the entire army.

“Ginny will be perfectly fine. It’s Elrado we should be concerned about.”

When we’d traveled to the past at the hands of a mysterious young man, I had created and armed Ireena and Ginny with magic equipment. Since they could summon these protections at will, there was no danger of the enemy seizing them. As long as nothing crazy happened and her armor and weapons remained in good condition, I imagined Ginny would be just fine.

Elrado, on the other hand, was a wild card.

“…Though we had our differences when we started school at the Academy,” I said, “I believe we’re almost friends. I refuse to let him die.”

Elrado was among my classmates who came rushing to my aid during the incident in Megatholium. I didn’t want him to die.

“I understand the mission. We’ll make haste to our destination. I apologize for the trouble, Kalmia, but I ask that you fill in our parents.”

“Understood.”

There was no time to inform them. In fact, we would forgo standard modes of transportation…like carriages.

“We have to teleport. Are you ready, Ireena?”

“You betcha!” She nodded in my direction.

I prepared the spell that would bring us to our destination. It only worked on places that a caster previously visited, but I’d been all over the country since entering the Academy, since I was always finding myself in some trouble. I’d even visited this border town on a prior occasion.-Volume 6, Chapter 72

And he could have teleported to Megatholium if Mephisto didn't nullify teleportation

“I’m Ard Meteor, and my two companions are Olivia vel Vine and Sylphy Marheaven… I’ll be sure to introduce you to our other friends later.”

I cast teleportation magic, and we returned to Verda and Ginny. After immediately operating on Ginny and confirming her full recovery, I restored magic in everyone. With the Mirror Shield of Omniscient Reversal, we’d regained our lost power.

“Our preparations are complete. Now all we must do is head to Megatholium… However…”

This was Mephisto’s handiwork. He had cast a jamming technique over a wide range with Megatholium at the center. Because of that, we couldn’t teleport and had to go on foot.-Volume 7, Chapter 90

And Megatholium is in the center of the continent

“Thou hast heard of the holy nation, Megatholium, right?”
Ireena and I nodded in assent to the queen’s opening question.
Megatholium. Snuggled in the very center of the continent, the holy nation was made up of several unique features.
First, its size. It was standard for a country to encompass many cities, but Megatholium was about the size of a small town. Yet their scales of justice were seen as the unconditional rule across the continent, and other countries were eager to listen to their opinions on international affairs.
Why, you ask?
Because Megatholium housed the headquarters of the world’s biggest religion…the United Creed.
The church had a lot of power over the modern world, where all cultures and customs were rooted in worshipping the Demon Lord. With the important people of the clergy in Megatholium, the holy nation was considered exceptional, even among exceptions.
“…Well? How is Megatholium related to your summons?”
“They shall be hosting a conference soon. There art five nations on this continent known as the Great Powers. This includes the Laville Empire of Sorcery. This is an assembly of those supreme leaders…a momentous event.”-Volume 5, Chapter 58

Anyway thinking his range with teleportation has to at least be hundreds of kilometers

Martial Arts

Proficient in martial arts

Ireena complied, and I made my way toward the group—smashing a nearby orc in the back of the head with a one-hit KO. The color drained from the faces of the rest of the group at this surprise attack. Spotting an opportunity, I swiftly turned to take out the rest.

Palm strike to chin. Front kick to groin.

Two down in one blow. The remaining three lined up before me.

“Who the hell are you?!” one screeched.

They lumbered over, fueled by rage and readying themselves as they closed in…but I rushed toward them, closing the distance between us in an instant, and bashed each head in succession. They toppled to the ground in a crumpled heap.

“How rude,” I spat curtly before turning to the girl. “Are you all right, my lady?”

She blinked in momentary surprise. “Yeah, all thanks to you. Those were some pretty impressive moves just now,” she commented with a grin.

Ireena chimed in. “I know, right?! Isn’t he so cool?! Ard here is my friend, y’know!” she blubbered excitedly as if she’d been the one praised by this stranger. Ireena’s totally an angel.

“Yeah, it really was something else. I mean, not just anyone can cast buffing magic. I couldn’t help but cheer on as I watched you take ’em down—”

“I’m sorry, but that altercation involved no magic whatsoever.”

“What? …You must be kidding. You’re human, aren’t you? A human couldn’t possibly take down an orc with his bare hands,” she blurted out with a clueless expression stuck on her face.

I smiled and shook my head. “It’s all about how, where, and when you strike. Once you know that, it’s simple.”

“B-but, uh, the way you rushed in? I mean, you moved faster than a human can.”

“Another clever trick. I could tell these amateurs had no understanding of magic. I thought it’d be overkill to cast a spell on them, which was why I chose to engage them in hand-to-hand combat.”-Volume 1, Chapter 3

Ginny

Empowerment

Like Ard, she was able to surpass her limits due to her emotions, in her case love

My ears rang when someone shrieked. Ginny.

I could feel her presence, her body movements. My eyes snapped open on instinct.

And…I caught a glimpse of Ginny running over and standing in front of me protectively. The dark orb closed in on her—

“Ah.”

And then it exploded.

The orb combusted as soon as it made contact, becoming a ball of black flames, smoke billowing around Ginny.

She yelped quietly—and the fire scorched her skin…until she collapsed in front of me.

“Agh…!” My body shook. My teeth rattled.

Ginny.

Ginny. Ginny. Ginny. Ginny. Ginny.

“Ginny…!”

Wake up. Come on—open your eyes. Please. Don’t die on me. You can’t die. You can’t…!

“Ginnyyy…!”

I was powerless to do anything except beg—sobbing.

…On the other hand…

“I wasn’t expecting that.”

That devil. His angelic face regarded Ginny with a look of surprise, eyes wide.

“How’d that happen? She should have been rendered immobile. Even if she could move, she couldn’t have made it in time to stop my attack. How did she do it? What pushed her beyond her mortal limits? Oh, what? What-what-what-what-what—?”

His golden eyes darted back and forth like a pendulum. He mumbled to himself.

Finally, he seemed to reach a conclusion. “Ah, I see. It’s love—the power of love.”-Volume 7, Chapter 84

Sylphy

Enhanced Senses

Has flawless instincts that let her react to an opponent she couldn't see nor dodge and it can even reveal her opponents true form to her

The enemy moved at radical speeds—impossible to spot and even more impossible to dodge. Her successful maneuver proved that Sylphy’s battle instincts were nothing short of extraordinary.

“Nraaagh!”

Rising from her crouched position, she focused her power into her bare blade and sliced sideways. Her opponent was still in a thrust position, making it difficult to block her attack with a sword. They quickly kicked off the ground to retreat backward, and Sylphy sliced through air.

…We’re far but close, Sylphy thought of the distance between them.

Anyone else might think they were out of range, but Sylphy could close in on her enemy in a single step. In other words, she couldn’t afford to lose focus for even a second.

It’s a one-on-one fight, but I feel like I’m at war.

A tingling sense of nervousness. A fiery burst of enthusiasm. Any greenhorn soldier would vomit in this extremely uncomfortable situation, but it actually brought Sylphy comfort. Plus—

There was something strangely nostalgic about it.

It was her flawless instincts. Sylphy had been honing her intuition for as long as she could remember, and it revealed the enemy’s true form to her. The very next moment, she found herself calling out a certain name.-Volume 7, Chapter 88

Instinctive Reaction

Can instinctively react to attacks
How much had she yearned for her? How badly had she wished to see her again? Emotions flooded her heart and brought tears to her eyes.

“Sis…!”

Sylphy realized she was racing forward like a child reunited with her long-lost mother. She kicked up dust, prepared to fly into Lydia’s arms, when—

“I knew it. You’re hopeless.”

Sylphy instinctively jumped back, and a hairbreadth later there was the flash of a bare steel. The sword passed right in front of her. If she’d reacted even a second slower, Lydia would have ended her life.-Volume 7, Chapter 88

Duplication

Was given the Divine Shackles from Ard to use for a while

“Hmph. I knew it would be a challenge to take you on my own. However—” I watched the clods of dirt fly in all directions and took a steadying breath.

“I, Ard Meteor, do not stand before you alone.”

Just as Lizer went to prepare his next attack…

“Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Sylphy let out her wild battle cry, raining chains down on Lizer.

The Divine Chains of the Shackle God. The Armor snapped in to capture the enemy.

“Nghhh!”

The chains shot through the empty air. Sensing danger, Lizer jumped back to put distance between him and the Armor.

—That was where she was waiting.

“Aaand lightning!” Verda shouted, her upper body peeking out of some midair portal.

She used the Mirror Shield of Omniscient Reversal. Its light flashed and engulfed Lizer; then…

“Oh?” Half of Mephisto’s body protruded from Lizer’s.

Determined not to let this opportunity go to waste, Olivia vel Vine stormed in and closed the distance in a millisecond. As soon as the enemy was within reach of her blade, she took up her weapon…and unleashed the Supreme Sword of Destruction. The jet-black blade could slice and annihilate all creation. And its current target was…-Volume 7, Chapter 92

Verda

Time Reversal

Was given the Divine Shackles from Ard to use for a while, which she used to undo Mephisto's possession of Lizer

“Hmph. I knew it would be a challenge to take you on my own. However—” I watched the clods of dirt fly in all directions and took a steadying breath.

“I, Ard Meteor, do not stand before you alone.”

Just as Lizer went to prepare his next attack…

“Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Sylphy let out her wild battle cry, raining chains down on Lizer.

The Divine Chains of the Shackle God. The Armor snapped in to capture the enemy.

“Nghhh!”

The chains shot through the empty air. Sensing danger, Lizer jumped back to put distance between him and the Armor.

—That was where she was waiting.

“Aaand lightning!” Verda shouted, her upper body peeking out of some midair portal.

She used the Mirror Shield of Omniscient Reversal. Its light flashed and engulfed Lizer; then…

“Oh?” Half of Mephisto’s body protruded from Lizer’s.

Determined not to let this opportunity go to waste, Olivia vel Vine stormed in and closed the distance in a millisecond. As soon as the enemy was within reach of her blade, she took up her weapon…and unleashed the Supreme Sword of Destruction. The jet-black blade could slice and annihilate all creation. And its current target was…-Volume 7, Chapter 92

Again not too sure what this ability is, it returns stuff to their true form and thus it negates stuff like power nullification and possession.

Black Hole Creation

Guessing she just made this ability up since that's how her Orginal Technique works, via shuffling concepts, she can now create black holes
Hah!” A flash of Olivia’s sword and demons were cleaved in two.

Olivia was the world’s best swordsperson in both name and spirit. I’ve depended on her during battles—past and present—for her mastery of the sword and raw power. Her strength, therefore, hadn’t been impacted by the loss of magic.

“Black Hole! Black Hole! Black Hooooole!”

Verda Al-Hazard.

Like Olivia, the mad scientist—and former Heavenly King—was operating in her usual way, despite the circumstances. She was using some kind of power that even I didn’t fully comprehend. Dark vortexes opened in the sky, sucking up enemies en masse.-Volume 7, Chapter 83

More Addition to her Intelligence

Verda was able to make devices to give back Ard and co their magic

“All righty! Let’s get cookin’!”

Thrilled to be back on her own turf, Verda skipped over to one of the workbenches, where she opened a knapsack and lined up several ingredients on the desk…

“Oh, right. The whole town might go bye-bye while I’m working, but we can worry about that later. Just think of it as a stroke of bad luck and move on!”

And with that worrisome warning, Verda set to work.

Not long after, we managed to avoid the worst-case scenario, and the magic devices we’d set our hopes on were completed. They looked like very basic silver bracelets. Their purpose, however…was to restore our magic. You had to be wearing the bracelet for it to be effective, but the user would be able to use spells again.

“Okey dokey. Let’s test these babies out and see if they work!”

We moved over to the experiment area on the left side of the room, extended our palms toward the air, and cast a spell. As for the results—

“Stellar, it seems.”

“Now I won’t be dead weight…!” Ginny’s spirits soared.

“Ahhhh! Demise! I’ll never let you go again!” Sylphy could once again summon her Holy Sword.

Olivia was never one for magic, so she didn’t have much of an opinion. At any rate, we’d just taken a giant step closer to our final objective.-Volume 7, Chapter 83

Why is this impressive? Their magic was taken away by reality warping

The Strange Cube. A device that could be activated with the soul of an Evil God and used to alter reality. It had been left behind by one such Evil God—the man who was Alvarto’s former master, the Champion Lydia’s father, Ireena’s ancestor, and Varvatos’s lifelong rival. And Alvarto had used this terrible mechanism to change the world. On the surface, it looked like they were creating the paradise Lizer hoped for.

Alvarto was more than happy to praise the details of their plan. “Half of the continent will be teeming with monsters and covered in fog. The other half will be a society for humans where the sun shines. The people can join hands and spend their days free of discrimination and prejudice. However, peace gives rise to boredom, and boredom turns to madness. So we need to give them some form of adrenaline to prevent everyone from going mad. That role will be played by the monster army and me—Alvarto the Demon Lord.”

The core of humanity would never change, even if they completely overhauled their way of thinking. Knowing this, Lizer intended to unite the people by pitting them up against a common enemy. That was his way of realizing his utopia. An enemy would reinforce the bonds between humans and keep his dream alive.

“We will first use this continent as a model and monitor how circumstances fare,” Lizer started. “After we make the necessary adjustments, the fruit of our labors—”

“—will spread from the continent to the entire world.”

“Indeed. And when that time comes, you shall aid me once more.”

Lizer wouldn’t take no for an answer.

A lovely smile crept on Alvarto’s lips as he looked upon the old man’s tight expression.

“I promise to fulfill your every desire. After all, that’s the pact we’ve had since the very beginning. However, Sir Lizer, I don’t work for free. You know what that means, don’t you?”

“…Yes. As terrifying as that fact may be,” Lizer replied, nodding.

In his eyes, his utopia was ninety percent complete. Which meant he wasn’t finished.

A few factors were to blame for this, one of which was Ard Meteor.

It was entirely possible to erase the likes of him with the Strange Cube, yet Alvarto decided that he was not going to do so—all to have his ultimate battle and…end his own life in the best way possible.

Because Lizer was aware of this, he could only let out a slow exhale.

“…I already agreed to the terms, you know. We talked about how the rebels might be annoying, but it’s not like they’re immune to being killed by us. Isn’t that right?”

“Yes. In fact, we should go on a campaign to wipe them out. You know, be more proactive about it. Their magic is sealed right now, yet we can unleash ours in full force. It might be a completely one-sided battle, but we should give them a taste of real hell.”-Volume 6, Prelude to the Finale

Lizer

Base​

Gifted/Genius Intelligence

Even when he was young he was far more intelligent than his brother, who was the best in his village when it came to intelligence, even called a genius

Every human being—no matter who they were—had a past.

Even he was no exception.

Born the child of painfully average parents, he was raised in a remote village with his two older brothers. He realized one day that his siblings were making names for themselves in their hometown.

The eldest brother became a skilled warrior who fended off monster attacks—a dangerous affair. This might have been why he was permitted to marry the daughter of the village elder—the most beautiful woman in the village. He was expected to become their next leader.

The middle son was gifted with intellect—an undeniable genius. Daily crowds formed outside their house, seeking his wisdom.-Volume 7, Dreams of the Deficient

“Hang on. You made an error there with this technique,” objected the youngest brother, pointing to the magic circle drawn on the ground. “You wanted to rearrange explosion magic to turn them into fireworks, but the output conversion is insufficient. You’ll get hurt if you cast it now.”

The circle on the ground was the work of the middle brother, and it was his very first spell reconfiguration after a series of experiments with multiple high-level techniques. There were no errors in his spell or theory. He would demonstrate this to everyone and bask in their praise. He had such faith in his flawless reconfiguration that his own genius frightened even him.

…And yet, his little brother had just gone and declared it worthless.

The middle brother raised his voice. “Go ahead and run off somewhere if you’re scared. I’ll prove you’re wrong.”

He pointed off into the distance, and his eyes said, Get lost.

Even so, the youngest brother’s expression remained unchanging.

“…I see. It seems you can’t offer what I want, so I better get going,” he said indifferently before walking away.

Behind him, the middle brother imagined spitting in his direction as he focused his magic into the circle on the ground.

—He never could have guessed what would happen next.

As the youngest brother had pointed out, there was an error in his technique. The explosion magic did transform into fireworks, but the output conversion was all wrong. Fireworks sprayed everywhere. The middle brother and the children sustained severe burns.

The middle brother’s reputation fell after this incident and never recovered. Every time he saw the burn scars on the upper half of his body, he felt unbearable disgust…and terrifying dread.

How had his younger brother discovered a flaw in his technique? How and when had he surpassed him in intellect-Volume 7, Dreams of the Deficient

Teleportation

Can cast teleportation spells
Alvarto moved to make his exit, sulking all the while. He stopped short to deliver one final message, however.

“I pray this blunder brings you and your loved one the result you want.”

With those cruelly insincere words, he slipped into the night.

Lizer sighed and cradled his head in his hands once the unpleasant visitor was gone. Alvarto had managed to make him question everything. His heart pounded; he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. It served as proof that Lizer was indeed human.

Yes, he was no longer a monster. It instantly triggered memories of the girl who had made that possible.

“…I’ll settle down if I can get just a glance,” he murmured before rising from bed and casting teleportation magic.

The spell transported him to a different chamber. The soft light from a wall sconce by the bed illuminated the place. Her breaths—soft in sleep—echoed quietly.-Volume 7, Dreams of the Deficient

Telepathy

Can read the memories of a person's spirit

Lizer spotted something as he was returning to the orphanage with his reward. An impossible reality before his eyes.

It was a corpse—a body lying along the road.

Lizer gazed upon the beaten and battered figure.

His body shook uncontrollably.

“Maria…!”

Yes. The cadaver tossed by the roadside was the corpse of the person dearest to Lizer.

His mind went blank. Even he couldn’t say how long he stood motionless.

Finally, Lizer retched. His stomach convulsed, his teeth rattled, his legs buckled under him.

Lizer collapsed to the ground. Crawling along the dirt, he approached Maria.

Once he confirmed her astral spirit was truly lost—he instinctively used magic to read the final memory stored in her body.

Shortly after Lizer had set out on his quest in the dangerous region, Maria had left the orphanage to visit an accessory shop. There, she purchased a pair of rings, one for Lizer, the other for her. It wasn’t just to express her gratitude… It would serve to remind the two that their hearts would always be one.-Volume 7, The Failure, Unsatisfied

Reality Warping

Already posted it in Verda section, The Strange Cube can alter reality, and also shown below

“The Strange Cube… An omnipotent tool of wish fulfillment… Who could ever resist its temptation…?”

In the beginning, Lizer was satisfied with creating his utopia.

But when he laid eyes on the Strange Cube, Maria’s face had flashed in his mind. Although he told himself such ridiculousness served no purpose…Lizer revived Maria. It might be more accurate to say he reconstructed her, however.

He knew it was all meaningless, but he wanted to see the girl once more. Upon bringing her back, Lizer’s days were filled with heartache.

“I must protect…this utopia…and Maria…and her happiness…”

This was why he had forced the devil to do his bidding. He had managed to have him under control.

His plan was proceeding as intended. There were no issues to speak of.

“…Brooding over details will do me no good.”

Lizer knew he desperately needed optimism right now. He just needed to believe everything was going his way. He would protect Maria’s paradise, bring her happiness, eliminate any threats to her dream—and keep that monster dancing in the palm of his hand.

And hadn’t he been successful until now?

Lizer sighed and brushed away the pessimism lurking within his heart.

“I can’t allow myself to be trapped by details. This is an auspicious day. I must celebrate properly.”

Lizer could see Maria’s future—blindingly bright—just up ahead. The people would revere her with smiles on their faces.

Today called for a fortuitous celebration.

—Today, Maria would become a Saint.

After activating the Strange Cube, the world had basically become a parallel universe.

In fact, it had split into two. Half of it was a human utopia with Lizer as its leader. The other half was a monster paradise controlled by Alvarto.

To explain how everything came to pass, Lizer had woven together a fake story that was strikingly similar to the one in the picture book he used to read to Maria. This was no coincidence, of course. Lizer was trying to make fiction real—as a part of his desire to make the resurrected Maria the star of his narrative.
-Volume 7, The Failure, Unsatisfied
Body Puppetry

Lizer used the Strange Cube to make Mephisto his pawn

Aaargh…?!”

Black chains suddenly formed around Mephisto’s petite body, coiling around him and constricting tight.

“A-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!”

Mephisto did a somersault, collapsed to the floor, and flopped around in agony like a fish.

“P-p-p…p-please forgive me… Please, I beg of… Agh!”

He could only beg for forgiveness as his body convulsed in pain.

Lizer looked down upon his pathetic form. “Have you forgotten? I have the power here and always will. Your life is in my hands. I’ll engrave that into your body and soul.”

The torment intensified. This was the power of the Strange Cube.

Lizer had done more than release Mephisto using the Strange Cube. The old man now controlled the demon’s fate, forcing him to obey like a pawn.

Even an Evil God was powerless against the wish device.-Volume 7, The Failure, Unsatisfied

Absorption

Can absorb the souls of others

We were soon met…with a gruesome sight.

“Wha—?!” Sylphy’s eyebrows immediately knitted together.

No, it wasn’t just her. We all had on looks of distress—Maria, me, and everyone else.

“Are those corpses of children…?!” Ginny exclaimed as she broke out in a cold sweat.

Small bodies lay motionless before our eyes. Their causes of death were strange.

They appeared to be civil officials. Each one was hard as stone, and by their expressions, it appeared their souls had been pulled right out of them.

“They were so young…! This is vile…!” Olivia shouted, flushing with anger.

Sylphy, Ginny, and I felt a surge of righteous indignation…

But what was Maria thinking through all this? What sort of emotions churned in this pale young girl who trembled?

…I could only pray that the worst would not come to pass. Keeping at our current pace, we approached the sign of life—presumably Lizer. The closer we came, the more corpses we found. Then—

“A-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” cried a young boy.

In the middle of the long hallway was an old man…squeezing the child’s head with both hands—

“No, this isn’t it, either.”

At that moment…a pure-white aura was sucked out of the boy’s mouth and absorbed into Lizer’s body. The boy became a corpse like all the others…and he was thrown against the wall.

“Li…zer…?” Maria’s voice echoed through the hallway.

“Oh?!” He reacted quickly, spinning around to face us.

Sure enough—

—this man, Lizer Bellphoenix, had turned into a monster.-Volume 7, Chapter 91

Possessed by Mephisto

Island level, likely Large Island level Ap

Lizar completely destroyed a city not even leaving rubble behind with blazing heat

“Gya-hya-hya-hya-hya! Someone’s wearing their birthday suit! You’re buck naked, Lizer!”

“This isn’t a time to be laughing…!”

“Uh-oh, this doesn’t look good!”

“A-Ard…!”

Danger. My heart pounded.

“Giga Wall!” I cast a defensive spell without a second thought. It was the best my current form allowed.

Multiple layers of Giga Wall manifested above our heads to create a thick barrier. Then…

“Come, destruction.” The ghastly titan spoke in a penetrating, cold voice, then—

It emitted light beams from the six weapons in its six arms. It was an indiscriminate attack. The blazing heat that the behemoth fired upon the earth destroyed everything in sight. The palace was obliterated in an instant, leaving not even rubble behind. The capital itself turned into a devastated wasteland. Amid the vortex of chaos, we were the only ones who remained untouched. Nevertheless, it was a close call.

“Geez! That was reckless…!”

I had created the toughest shield possible with layers numbering in the hundreds of millions. Yet, even that would have been pierced through if I didn’t constantly repair it. This ridiculously catastrophic power was already fearsome enough, but…

“Hey! Th-the mountains! The mountains are disappearing!” Sylphy exclaimed.

The peaks and hills towering in the far-off distance were vanishing before our very eyes.

“So his power and range are both insane…!”

“Wow. The teacher’s going a liiiiittle overboard.”

“A-at this rate, the whole world is gonna be annihilated!”

What Sylphy said was hardly an exaggeration. Back in Mephisto’s heyday, the world was in constant threat of destruction. And—

I (the Demon Lord) and Lydia (the Champion) were always the ones to put down this Evil God’s violence.-Volume 7, Chapter 92

In addition he destroyed the mountains in far off distance with the same attack, with them seeming to just vanish, think this is probably acceptable for vaporization, so should be Island level according to this.

For the likely part of the rating, he can easily kill 3rd form Ard with his attacks

—So why was this man still alive? Why couldn’t he kill him?

Every beam missed its target. His murderous attacks bore no results.

—Why?

—Why?

Why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why-why—?

“Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!”

The atmosphere trembled with his screams. Ard Meteor answered this explosive display of emotions with a certain coolness.

“Right now, you have no heart. There isn’t even a glimmer of your former beliefs in you.”

He kept dodging the lights, evidently unbothered.

“You hoped to guarantee a good future for the children. I never thought your resolve, ideas, or beliefs were correct…but they were radiant. Your clarity was brilliant. That’s why I saw you as a threat. However—”

His silvery hair rustled in the wind, and the distance between them shrank.

“You could have all the power in the world, but without any beliefs, you’re just an empty threat. You cannot lay a finger on me.”

The man was calling him harmless, a weakling. This filled him with uncontrollable rage.

“Disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear, disappear…! Disappeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!”

Fire raced through his heart. Any remaining iota of composure was gone. It was a desperate act of aggression. Light beams scattered as he tried to shoot down the enemy who buzzed about like an irritating fly. The tiniest scratch would spell Ard’s end. Lizer’s power could do that easily.-Volume 7, Chapter 93

Last edited:
it would be cool to put "Martial Arts" too, when Ard knocked out some orcs he stated, how, when and where to attack to neutralize them with just his hands, although I don't remember the chapter of the novel, but it was right at the beginning

Yea you're right he should have martial arts

Ireena complied, and I made my way toward the group—smashing a nearby orc in the back of the head with a one-hit KO. The color drained from the faces of the rest of the group at this surprise attack. Spotting an opportunity, I swiftly turned to take out the rest.

Palm strike to chin. Front kick to groin.

Two down in one blow. The remaining three lined up before me.

“Who the hell are you?!” one screeched.

They lumbered over, fueled by rage and readying themselves as they closed in…but I rushed toward them, closing the distance between us in an instant, and bashed each head in succession. They toppled to the ground in a crumpled heap.

“How rude,” I spat curtly before turning to the girl. “Are you all right, my lady?”

She blinked in momentary surprise. “Yeah, all thanks to you. Those were some pretty impressive moves just now,” she commented with a grin.

Ireena chimed in. “I know, right?! Isn’t he so cool?! Ard here is my friend, y’know!” she blubbered excitedly as if she’d been the one praised by this stranger. Ireena’s totally an angel.

“Yeah, it really was something else. I mean, not just anyone can cast buffing magic. I couldn’t help but cheer on as I watched you take ’em down—”

“I’m sorry, but that altercation involved no magic whatsoever.”

“What? …You must be kidding. You’re human, aren’t you? A human couldn’t possibly take down an orc with his bare hands,” she blurted out with a clueless expression stuck on her face.

I smiled and shook my head. “It’s all about how, where, and when you strike. Once you know that, it’s simple.”

“B-but, uh, the way you rushed in? I mean, you moved faster than a human can.”

“Another clever trick. I could tell these amateurs had no understanding of magic. I thought it’d be overkill to cast a spell on them, which was why I chose to engage them in hand-to-hand combat.”-Volume 1, Chapter 3

Speaking of his Demon Lord equipment, the Supreme Sword of Destruction can erase anything from existence, considering Ard without it, can erase things from existence, would the Sword be a more enhanced form of existence erasure? Also Ard couldn't kill Mephisto despite possessing existence erasure, but now could cause of the sword.

Side note, speaking of Mephisto, considering Verda is stupidly smart, and he is her teacher, and he mocked her invention, this guy is absurdly intelligent, he is also the devil, responsible for all the pain and suffering in many many people lives, even the villains hate this guy. Not to mention how broken he is, Ard's original technique couldn't be null by law manipulation, and it works via analyzing concepts, yet he completely nerfed Ard... Not Ard's archenemy for nothing i guess.

Last edited:
Speaking of his Demon Lord equipment, the Supreme Sword of Destruction can erase anything from existence, considering Ard without it, can erase things from existence, would the Sword be a more enhanced form of existence erasure? Also Ard couldn't kill Mephisto despite possessing existence erasure, but now could cause of the sword.

Side note, speaking of Mephisto, considering Verda is stupidly smart, and he is her teacher, and he mocked her invention, this guy is absurdly intelligent, he is also the devil, responsible for all the pain and suffering in many many people lives, even the villains hate this guy. Not to mention how broken he is, Ard's original technique couldn't be null by law manipulation, and it works via analyzing concepts, yet he completely nerfed Ard... Not Ard's archenemy for nothing i guess.
I guess these changes seem fine.
I think you got enough approvals to make the changes. Though you are welcome to wait for more input.

Back