• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Kouu scale to Tesla/Nobel?

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Kouu in his prime is said to be the strongest returner on earth.

Do you guys think that would that justify scaling his prime self to Tesla or Nobel?

The sudden high jump in terms of feats is kind of confusing in that degree given the total lack of feats on that level prior to that from literally everyone else. Tesla might end up being a glass cannon that can be taken down by other Returners normally when in close quarters so others don't scale to him. However attention is called to Nobel explicitly tanking his own attack, so unless there's some kind of gimmick with his Durability only Einstein and Touya should be able to hurt him given their powers negate durability.

There might be something that justifies it in his profile page given that those are getting translated now, but that is like four chapters away at the end of vol 7.

I mean, yes, on one hand massive powerjump.

On the other hand we have no limit on how powerful Kouu as in his prime.

Considering that Neumann called him the strongest, while fully aware of Nobel (who was even present) and likely also Tesla, it doesn't seem implausible to scale his prime self.

Anyone else would of course not scale at this point.

I personally have no issue with scaling his power in the prime key to Nobel or even Tesla given everyone else considered him the strongest, even Neumann as you said. Nobody else would scale, given the power level of everyone else in the series seems to stay more or less the same from what I've seen in future chapters.

Don't know if anyone else agrees with this, given the jump in power.

Good to hear.

For now I will just keep bumping then.

I do not know anything about the series. Sorry. But I trust both of your senses of judgement.

I will take that as about as much input as we will get and apply the changes for now.

I have done so. For now I have just scaled him to Nobel.

Should the Tesla calc be accepted I will change the stats correspondingly.

Okay. That is probably fine. Should we close this thread?

@DontTalkDT

I'm not actually sure we should scale Kouu's Striking Strength to his power AP. I can see the possibility of scaling his Durability, but there's no evidence he has physical strength comparable to it. Like, we aren't going to give Nobel, Tesla and Gagarin an Striking Strength rating comparable to the APs they have with their powers, right? Why should Kouu be any different?

Hmmm... I suppose you have a point. I will change his striking strength back then.

Back