• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Posted this in the Arifureta general discussion so others come. Will like the input of Pegasus at least since he remember clearer the things in the main story.

As I said before his fear hax shouldn't be effective against Shizuku do to her Supernatural Willpower and the fact that in Post-Schnee she not only fought to some extent against the Divine Edict of Ehito (and resisted the one from Alvaheit) but she also saw the completely bloodlusted Hajime, so compared with that Tae isn't that impressive.

Against the danmaku she not only have her analytical prediction, speed techniques and skill, but she can also use the gravity manip of her sword to face it.

The forcefields are probably countered with spatial cuts.

His regen can be countered by cutting his limbs or head, and if she can use the soul ability of the sword then she will be able damage his soul directly, though don't remember if in this point she can do that.

Does spatial cut like, one shot or smth? And if not, does she always use it?

As for the speed techniques, how strong are they? IIRC, Tae's killing intent slows the opponent down, albeit we don't know by how much.

Also she better cut off his limb in like a single attack or smth, because if she doesn't fully cut it, then he'll simply regen, and adapt to the point she can't even injure him anymore.

Oh and, what can she do against his absorption? His Art of the Primeval Hellish Demon will inject her with his chi, and absorb her energy, analyze it, digest it, and make his energy a perfect counter to her. It was also stated that it should work against any type of energy. Although... I'm not really sure if it just appears inside your body, or if its a projectile. There are 3 instances of it, one of them he managed to absorb the energy of his enemy without a projectile, and by simply being near him. Although he only activates it once he's serious, iirc.

Does spatial cut like, one shot or smth? And if not, does she always use it?

As for the speed techniques, how strong are they? IIRC, Tae's killing intent slows the opponent down, albeit we don't know by how much.

Also she better cut off his limb in like a single attack or smth, because if she doesn't fully cut it, then he'll simply regen, and adapt to the point she can't even injure him anymore.

Oh and, what can she do against his absorption? His Art of the Primeval Hellish Demon will inject her with his chi, and absorb her energy, analyze it, digest it, and make his energy a perfect counter to her. It was also stated that it should work against any type of energy. Although... I'm not really sure if it just appears inside your body, or if its a projectile. There are 3 instances of it, one of them he managed to absorb the energy of his enemy without a projectile, and by simply being near him. Although he only activates it once he's serious, iirc.
Not always but I think it was one of the new skill she use in this key when fighting something problematic, same with the gravity cuts.

As I said her SW should counter or directly null the fear but anyways, she has Supersonic Step which creates afterimages, Continual Steps and some more that I think the profile is missing.

She can increase her stats by buffing herself with info manip.

I honestly don't know how useful the absorption would be, like, he would somehow gain things like skills to counter her own skills, would he be able to gain info manip like Shizuku or resistance to spatial cuts for example? the dangerous haxs like the spatial cuts and soul damage don't even come from her and instead is because the modification of the sword.

She also technically could be able to adapt to his energy since that's it the characteristic of the unique energy willpower that Earthlings has.

Not always but I think it was one of the new skill she use in this key when fighting something problematic, same with the gravity cuts.
Ah then if it one shots, he sure as hell dead if he doesn't dodge. Her analytical prediction will it a pain. Although if she doesn't use it always, and if she leads with a normal attack, then her attack will be reflected at 3x more strength.
As I said her SW should counter or directly null the fear but anyways, she has Supersonic Step which creates afterimages, Continual Steps and some more that I think the profile is missing.
Oh no, I'm not talking about the fear. His killing intent very much does slow people down, as it did with Jin despite him outright resisting his fear manip. This dude's killing intent is just so strong that it fears the opponent, slows them down, and it can even materialize to a tornado.
She can increase her stats by buffing herself with info manip.
How... does that work, exactly? Is it like a huge buff?
I honestly don't know how useful the absorption would be, like, he would somehow gain things like skills to counter her own skills, would he be able to gain info manip like Shizuku or resistance to spatial cuts for example? the dangerous haxs like the spatial cuts and soul damage don't even come from her and instead is because the modification of the sword.
Ain't sure tbh, since he got cockblocked pretty quickly, and the only times it managed to catch an opponent, they have gotten heavily weakened, and it ravaged their internal organs, and they couldn't use or summon their Chi either.

Ah then if it one shots, he sure as hell dead if he doesn't dodge. Her analytical prediction will it a pain. Although if she doesn't use it always, and if she leads with a normal attack, then her attack will be reflected at 3x more strength.

Oh no, I'm not talking about the fear. His killing intent very much does slow people down, as it did with Jin despite him outright resisting his fear manip. This dude's killing intent is just so strong that it fears the opponent, slows them down, and it can even materialize to a tornado.

How... does that work, exactly? Is it like a huge buff?

Ain't sure tbh, since he got cockblocked pretty quickly, and the only times it managed to catch an opponent, they have gotten heavily weakened, and it ravaged their internal organs, and they couldn't use or summon their Chi either.
The attack reflected with 3x more strength sound problematic but in this key she fought and withstood several attacks from a perfect copy of herself that become even stronger than she do to a certain mechanic of the trial, so she should be able to face that.

Hmm, then maybe she would be slowed down?

Yes and no, like, they have stats, with info manip they can buff their stats, so if Shizuku have 100 of strength for example she can change the number to 200 to buff herself, the problem, we honestly don't know how much they can increase their stats (at least I don't remember if it was stated a multiplier), so is treated as a considerable buff but to a unknown extent.

So you say that it would make her unable to use magic or something like that?

The attack reflected with 3x more strength sound problematic but in this key she fought and withstood several attacks from a perfect copy of herself that become even stronger than she do to a certain mechanic of the trial, so she should be able to face that.
It will still do considerable damage, unless that clone was like 3x stronger as well. Obviously nothing one-shot worthy, but it will still do hefty damage.
Yes and no, like, they have stats, with info manip they can buff their stats, so if Shizuku have 100 of strength for example she can change the number to 200 to buff herself, the problem, we honestly don't know how much they can increase their stats (at least I don't remember if it was stated a multiplier), so is treated as a considerable buff but to a unknown extent.
Aha okay, reminds me of a profile I'm currently making.
So you say that it would make her unable to use magic or something like that?
Well, they couldn't summon or use their Chi, but It just worked on Chi since that's the only energy that exists in the verse. I ain't sure how it works against other sources. Sometimes I heard that it should work on other verses, others told me that it'll be lifeforce absorption, and others told me that it must be an energy similar to Chi.

Is magic a life-force in the verse? If so, then probably yes.

It will still do considerable damage, unless that clone was like 3x stronger as well. Obviously nothing one-shot worthy, but it will still do hefty damage.

Aha okay, reminds me of a profile I'm currently making.

Well, they couldn't summon or use their Chi, but It just worked on Chi since that's the only energy that exists in the verse. I ain't sure how it works against other sources. Sometimes I heard that it should work on other verses, others told me that it'll be lifeforce absorption, and others told me that it must be an energy similar to Chi.

Is magic a life-force in the verse? If so, then probably yes.
In her case I don't remember if it was said a multiplier of how strong her clone become.

Nop, magic is specifically not life-force since in the verse in one of the other worlds there exist an unique energy called blessing power which is the life energy of all life, in this planet existed the dark beings which mere existance absorbed the blessing power (aka life force) of everything they are near, to an extent that the race turned the planet in a big dessert were practically don't existed more blessing power. Said beings also had an certain effect in the healt of people from other worlds and the returnees group (Shizuku and the rest), but in the case of the returnees it was something minor that they basically could ignore as if nothing, with a character like Kouki outright bathed in miasma from thousands of dark beings various days and still without any problem do to the life sucking.

So short answer is that she probably isn't gonna be affected.

Last edited:
Nop, magic is specifically not life-force since in the verse in one of the others worlds there exist an unique energy called blessing power which is the life energy of all life, in this planet existed the dark beings which mere existance absorbed the blessing power (aka life force) of everything they are near to a extent that the race turned the planet in a big dessert were practically don't existed more blessing power. Said beings also had an certain effect in the healt of people from other worlds and the returnees group (Shizuku and the rest), but in the case of the returnees it was something minor that they basically could ignore as if nothing, with a character like Kouki outright bathed in miasma from thousands of them various days and still without any problem because of the life sucking.

So short answer is that she probably isn't gonna be affected.
Ah, that sucks. There's a possibility it will work since iirc it was stated it will work against any energy, and because it didn't kill the dudes despite it absorbing their chi, but eh. Although it will still definitely ravage and damage her internal organs. His every attack also sends vibration to damage ones internal organs, hell, a much weaker martial artist almost made someone collapse and almost made internal damage by simply shouting.

Although, now it definitely depends on whether or not she leads with space cut, and if it instantly one shots. If it does, then RIP, I don't see Tae winning it at all. If it doesn't, then she better pray she kills him in one shot before he adapts and no sell all her physical attacks, and make him much more stronger.

Also, her analytical prediction doesn't seem as powerful as Jin, since from the scan at least, she still got scratched from the lasers, unlike Jin who managed to dodge the rain chi effortlessly, with the smallest movement. So, whilst he couldn't do shit to Jin due to his strong AF analytical prediction, there might be a chance he can touch her if it isn't as powerful as Jin's.

Anyways, if her space cut doesn't one shot instantly, and if he can touch her, then how skilled is she?

Tae scales to Dam, who defeated 100 martial artists, many of them being masters. All martial artists in LOTNB train at the age of 6 to 7, and Dam was regarded as a prodigy that is capable of mastering new martial arts in a very short timeframe, despite only possibly starting at like the age of 11 or 12, and he was only 18 when he defeated all those martial artists. Martial art experts are capable of absolutely fodderizing other martial art experts without them capable of grazing the seams of their clothes.

There was a monster that used vibration attacks that Shizuku group faced and Hajime himself can use it and have given said ability to their weapons, so gonna wait for Pegasus to see if he recall if they had a training to counter that type of thing or something like that. Will also wait for his input in the spatial and analytical part since as I said my memories from the main story part aren't that clear do to read it more than two years ago, my expertise is in the After Stories side.

Aha, finally the skill talk, gonna write it in the next comment so is gonna take some time, hope you like it.

inb4 the weakest dude in the series skillstomps Tae.

I swear to god I'll make them fight against chinamen if that's the case.

inb4 the weakest dude in the series skillstomps Tae.

I swear to god I'll make them fight against chinamen if that's the case.
The After Stories part made even normal humans without any type of power, and in many cases even special training, develop a crazy skill level, with top tiers surpassing even the analysis of Mother who can predict future moves based on gaze, muscle movement, and the faintest signal of the nerves. Though this is a level that this Shizuku definitely don't reach (though this Shizuku can fight against the analysis of the Apostles that are also machines).

But seriously, gonna write the comment now.

That analysis seems pretty similar to what expert martial artists, or skilled warriors would get. A shit called perception, which allows someone to know the opponent's next move by simply seeing their gaze and the twitch of their muscles, albeit it doesn't have the whole signal of nerves shit.

That also reminded me, Jin's analytical prediction justification makes it seem like he has perception, which is wrong. I need to fix that later.

That analysis seems pretty similar to what expert martial artists, or skilled warriors would get. A shit called perception, which allows someone to know the opponent's next move by simply seeing their gaze and the twitch of their muscles, albeit it doesn't have the whole signal of nerves shit.
That's the problem though, if it was just the gaze and twitch of the muscle then it would be normal, the problem is the signal of nerves along with the calculation of Mother that let her do things like reconstruct from the scrap of a explosion, a machine able to teleport to other worlds, she also had a perfect knowledge of the human body and all the forms of combat in a world which make her movements have the essence of martial arts to a master level (this was before Kouki become serious and surpassed her analysis while weakened btw).

That's the problem though, if it was just the gaze and twitch of the muscle then it would be normal, the problem is the signal of nerves along with the calculation of Mother that let her do things like reconstruct from the scrap of a explosion, a machine able to teleport to other worlds, she also had a perfect knowledge of the human body and all the forms of combat in a world which make her movements have the essence of martial arts to a master level (this was before Kouki become serious and surpassed her analysis while weakened btw).
Man, this verse is wack, Jesus Christ. At least Shizuku isn't at this level yet.

Well, to begin with a short summary is that this Shizuku already was one of the tops of the Yaegashi style and in her adventure in Tortus her skill developed a lot more until the point that even Gahard, one of the strongest persons in Tortus and the king of the country were power is everything, admired her skill and wanted her as his wife do to that (this was in vol 2 or so I think so it was in the beginning of the story, later she can easily skill stomp him if she want).

Now, the long explanation, in Arifureta normal humans, humans without any type of special power like magic, though in this examples I will use the trained humans, can do some things like this:
Like that, the fist that could easily crush the face of the girl was swung do――

「Doctor Grant!」

An angry voice of a young woman and a dry bursting sound reverberated. The fist of the “senpai” stopped. And then, slowly he turned around while growling. The lab coat girl also directed her gaze toward the door from the shadow of the “senpai”.

There, was the figure of a tall woman wearing a black suit with both her hands readying a handgun.

「Doctor Grant, please get down!」

「tsu」

Hearing the sharp instruction that shook the air like an electric shock, Doctor Grant――Emily Grant reflexively flopped her body low on the floor.

Right after that was the sound of a gun discharging resounding consecutively. And then, a beast’s roar. Footsteps that were like an earthquake was heading away from Emily. When Emily moved her gaze while lying low on the ground, she could see the figures of the black suit woman firing toward the “senpai” and “senpai” who charged ahead without caring about that.

At first, it seemed the woman was aiming at the shoulders and legs of “senpai”, but then she clicked her tongue after seeing that he didn’t even seem to itch when the bullets hit. The next moment, with an astounding speed that it wouldn’t be an exaggeration even if it was said that it was nearly instantly, the “senpai” closed the distance and he pushed out his fist toward the woman while screaming.

In no time, it seemed that the woman would become a mere lump of meat just like that, but in the next instant, it was proven that the woman wasn’t an ordinary person.

「Haa-」

Along with short breathing, the woman stepped forward. Like that, she weaved through the approaching fist and stepped inside the bosom of the “senpai” and grasped at his collar, and turned around. Without stopping she performed a splendid shoulder throw.

The “senpai”, who’s charging momentum was used for a throwing technique, had his posture turned upside down and thrown onto the wall on the opposite side. Even so, as expected, it was like he didn’t feel any pain but……

「……Forgive me.」

That sentence was audible. At the same time, a dry bursting sound rang. The fired 9mm bullet penetrated an eye of the “senpai” and mercilessly pulverized the brain. The body of the “senpai” twitched, and before long he stopped moving as though all strength had left him. Chapter 197.
This here is used to show the existence of the Berserkers, humans mutated by a special medicine that turned them in monstruos with super bodies, the next quotes show people fighting them and even while at the same time facing others humans:
Kimberly was cursing while rushing up the emergency staircase. 【Berserk】was four floors above――inside the chemicals vault that was strictly managed on the tenth floor, but if there was an intruder, then there was a high possibility they would use the emergency staircase. This staircase was also simply the closest to Kimberly’s position.

「I am an agent from the security bureau. There is a possibility that an important medicine was stolen. Sorry, but I’ll have to confirm the contents of that case.」

「No, no, it’s impossible to let outside people to see research data I tell you. How suspicious, are you really someone from the security bureau?」

If Kimberly took a step forward, the man would also take a step back. Kimberly narrowed his eyes slightly at the man’s attitude, then he said「I’ll show you my badge then」while his hand moved to take out his proof of identification as a security bureau agent from his breast pocket……

In order to take out and fire a gun.

「Ah maan, this person is sharp. You are really a dangerous man, trying to shoot someone so suddenly like that.」

「……You yourself, you bastard ain’t normal. Who and where are you from?」

Kimberly’s gun muzzle was pointed at the temple of the man from point-blank range. At the same time, the neck of Kimberly, who had the distance closed, instantly got a knife pressed on it.

Yes, the man in the doctor’s robe closed the distance faster than Kimberly could take out his gun and shoot on an unstable place like the staircase. Furthermore, surprisingly that knife flew out from the man’s sleeve, it was obviously a knife with a launching mechanism.

Voices called Kimberly’s name, and gunshots roared. Bodyguard agents had gathered below. The man said「Whoops」still with a light tone while instantly pulling his body back. The bullets hit the wall a slight distance away. The shooters didn’t plan to hit right from the start; they fired only to separate the man away from Kimberly.

The man seemed to give up going down the staircase and tried to climb up.

「I won’t let you-!」

Kimberly pulled his gun trigger continuously. The fired bullets passed through nearby the man who twisted his body right away and opened up holes on the wall.

Even so, Kimberly who dared to brave the danger of scattering around the extremely dangerous chemicals caused the man’s expression to cramp a bit while he finally took out a gun from his breast pocket and returned fire. While Kimberly leaped aside, two bodyguard agents that had climbed up the stairs got their legs shot through, and they crumbled down.

Kimberly cursed while aiming his gun muzzle at the man, but right after that, his eyes opened wide.

「Are you bastard a ninja!?」

The man unexpectedly jumped off the stairs, then kicked on the handrail and leapt further and passed through above Kimberly’s head. Furthermore, he then kicked on the wall to turn around and attacked Kimberly.

Kimberly changed the direction of his gun, but the man’s flying kick hit his chest faster. An impact that caused him to hallucinate his ribs breaking made the air in his lungs to be forcefully ejected out. Kimberly groaned「Gahah」and got blown away.

In no time, Kimberly was sent flying and would be struck by the stairs behind him where he would then be neutralized, was how it appeared it would turn out……, but Kimberly was formerly military and an expert at military hand-to-hand combat. He immediately discarded his gun and caught the kicking leg, dragging the opponent into the momentum that sent him flying.

「Guah」

「-kh!?」

That man made Kimberly as his stepping stool and somehow evaded being struck by the stairs, but his balance was broken, and he fell.

Even so, Kimberly still received the bigger amount of damage, and different from the man who immediately stood up, Kimberly became unable to move from the impact.

Kimberly was cursing while aiming his gun muzzle at a berserker that was just now snapping the waist of a small statured female student in the opposite direction. He consecutively fired life-reaping bullets within an instant.

The former student that was Berserkified carelessly tossed away the female students who died in a way that was beyond imagination by getting snapped right in half, and then it covered its head using its arms that were like logs while rapidly rushing at Kimberly.

Kimberly’s bullets that flew straight to the berserker’s head were easily stopped by that muscular armor. Its flesh was gouged, and blood was flying, but that was all. The wound was immediately starting to regenerate, and its charging momentum didn’t decline at all.

「Nine milli is just like a peashooter huh-」

Kimberly immediately jumped forward into a head-sliding. A strong wind of death and madness passed through above his head. He evaded by slipping through between its legs.

Kimberly was sliding while instantly rolling face-up, and then he aimed at the back of the head of the berserker and pulled his trigger. Inside the corridor that had turned dim due to the broken lamps, muzzle flashes flickered along with consecutive gunshot sounds.

At the same time, skin, flesh, and blood scattered from the back of the berserker’s head. The berserker that got hit with the fierce impact on the back of the head while in the middle of charging pitched forward and fell on the corridor with a slide.

「I heard that it doesn’t have a weak point other than the head, but……it’s more troublesome than I thought.」

Kimberly stood up while smoothly replacing his gun’s magazine. He whispered with an expression as though he was chewing something bitter.

Right after that,

「aAAAAAAAH」

「-!? Shit-, it’s infected!?」

Behind Kimberly, the female student who was snapped into two just now shrieked while standing up. When he looked there, the girl’s face was really wet. Probably when she was caught, she was also covered with a lot of salivae that was scattered together with the berserker’s roar.

Kimberly aimed his gun to deal the finishing blow before it could finish its transformation. But, before he could pull the trigger, the presence of death blew from behind him.

「-!?」

He obeyed his instinct’s order and jumped to the side, an instant later, a war hammer was swung down. The fist attack was so fierce that he mistakenly thought that. Cracks in the shape of a spider’s web were created on the floor by that fist.

「So I failed to finish it off-」

Yes, the attacker from behind was the berserker from just now. Actually, the angle of Kimberly’s bullets was too bad to pierce the skull; they could only slide on the skull’s surface and shaved the skin.

He was sandwiched between two berserkers from behind and in front, in a corridor that wasn’t that wide. Kimberly’s cheeks were twitching in this dangerous situation.

But, at that time, a severe earthquake suddenly came. The corridor wall slightly away from him was blown away along with an intense thunderous roar, and from there a berserker came out. However, it appeared that the berserker wasn’t intentionally smashing the wall. The berserker flew out with a somersault, and its head struck uncouthly at the corridor’s opposite side with a tumble.

It was as though its charging momentum was made use of to send it flying and crashed into the wall. That conjecture was proven to be correct by the man in the white doctor’s robe that jumped out from the broken wall right after that.

「My stomach got cold inside here because I need to imitate a matador against that berserker.」

The man made such frivolous talk while kicking the berserker’s arm that was trying to stand up. When its balance broke, the man drilled its head with point-blank range shooting and finished it off with certainty. The berserker fell down like a puppet with its string cut, and then it withered up while spewing white smoke. The man in the white doctor’s robe attentively put in a bullet toward the heart’s location from the back.

「GAAAAAAAH!」

「Oops. Spare me from any more chicken races, okay.」

One of the berserkers aiming at Kimberly roared and charged toward the man in the white doctor’s robe. Immediately following that, a black object lightly flew in the air.

「Wai-, you stupid bastard-」

Kimberly got down in a panic. The next moment, the dim corridor was overrun by an intense flash. The white-robed man was using a flashbang.

Kimberly was sweating coldly that he was crouching defenselessly right beside a berserker while desperately covering his eyes, then gunshots roared four times in the corridor that was filled with a flash. At the same time, a heavy crashing sound resounded for the second time.

(He sniped in this kind of situation!?)

Kimberly shuddered in his heart while sweating coldly at the white-robed man’s skill. However, he still jumped out by relying on the slight presence that he felt.

「Uwah, that’s dangerous-」

「Chih, I missed-」

The flash was already settling down, and the dim corridor came back into view. The two people crossed through each other among the falling bodies of berserkers, and now they were opposite each other. The white-robed man that easily slaughtered three berserkers tried to cross in front of Kimberly to go down the corridor, but Kimberly assaulted him with the knife that he was secretly carrying.

Kimberly already perceived that it was impossible to catch this man for interrogation due to the difference in strength between the two of them, but rather than letting him escape just like this, he thought that he would instead kill the man and search for even a scrap of information about who this man was from his dead body.

However, the attack that was filled with that killing intent was easily dodged. Kimberly reflexively clicked his tongue.

Although, as expected, perhaps the man in the white robe didn’t expect Kimberly to attack using his instincts when his eyes were burned to some extent by the flashbang and he kept them closed, the man exposed a slightly pained expression. Chapter 204.
「Ah, teache――」

「Doctor Grant-」

There was a flapping lab coat. It was clear whose coat it was. Emily was trying to call out because Down’s figure had vanished to the other side of the door. However, Vanessa pulled Emily closer to her cautiously.

Right after that, gan- a loud voice entered their ears. Something fell behind Emily and Vanessa, in front of the door they had just gone through. When they looked back in surprise, there was a large rectangle case the size of a Boston bag there. It was the thing that Down carried, along with a leather bag, when he escaped. It seemed that he threw it at the time when Emily and Vanessa entered the room.

The sound batan- of the door on the second-floor closing resounded.

At that moment,

「「「「「KIIIIIIIIIIIII-」」」」」

Such cries struck the two’s eardrums, and at the same time, the case bloated up from inside, and it was destroyed. It seemed that it wasn’t made from a material that was really tough in the first place as the cracks spread in the blink of an eye and the clasp snapped.

Instantly, something leapt out and attacked Emily and Vanessa. Vanessa placed Emily behind her for protection while she fired.

However, that creature’s speed wasn’t normal. Also, its movement was strangely irregular, and so the bullet Vanessa fired missed.

That creature kicked on the floor and leapt toward her face right away; however, Vanessa only narrowed her eyes quietly without even any agitation. Her long leg kicked up vertically to deal with it.

go- The thing was kicked up together with the vivid sound of bones breaking; it then twirled in midair before it then crashed on the floor some distance away.

「That is……a monkey.」

「Seems like it. It looks like an adult, but seeing that case’s size, it seems that before this it was an infant monkey.」

A bullet struck the infant monkey in a flash when it slowly stood up. The moment it raised its face a splendid headshot finished the berserker animal――Berserker Monkey, and like that it crumbled down and white smoke rose from its corpse.

However, they couldn’t let their guard down. The reason was the presences that spread out to surround the two of them――the Berserker Monkeys still numbered four in total.

「Strange.」

「……Indeed. Doctor Grant. Please back down slowly to the wall. Toward that gap between the machine and the pillar.」

Vanessa guessed the meaning of Emily’s mutter, and she increased her cautiousness to the maximum while slowly backing away as though to make herself a shield.

Yes, they had the leeway to back away. The berserkers that usually rush ahead following their instinct were taking a fixed distance from Vanessa and Emily, as though they were observing the situation, or they were being careful.

Actually, these Berserker Monkeys had wariness toward danger instilled inside them using a method similar to the Pavlovian dog experiment. It was an experiment to make berserkers that usually only rush forward foolhardily cope to a certain degree toward firearms. Seeing a gun muzzle and hearing a gunshot, those conditions along with the awareness that “something painful would come flying”, at the same time, were planted into them.

It could be seen whether the experiment failed or not from this. The four berserker monkeys were surrounding Vanessa and Emily. Their wariness was plain to see. However, they also didn’t retreat due to their instinctual belligerence, or their desire to eat.

Vanessa made Emily withdraw to the gap between a machine and a pillar before she pulled the trigger as though to say that she didn’t give a damn about that wariness.

However, the berserker monkeys who tried all they could to not stand in front of the gun muzzle were already out of the firing line by the time the trigger was pulled.

「So this means that even without an antidote, the progress of converting the drug into a weapon is advancing steadily, isn’t it.」

Even an expert marksman like Vanessa couldn’t hit the target easily in front of the berserker monkeys that were taking evasive actions with all their strength by using their beastly agility.

gachin- Such a sound rang out, and the gun’s chamber was fixed in place in a slide-out position. It ran out of bullets.

As though aiming for that moment, the berserker monkeys went out to attack simultaneously.

Vanessa was in danger――was how it seemed.

「An agent of the security bureau isn’t so soft that they can be taken off guard by the likes of monkey.」

That muttered words were the truth. Vanessa’s hand thrust out smoothly toward one of the assaulting monkeys, and the moment that hand made contact, the monkey was blown away in another direction.

And then Vanessa stepped forward without pause and threw the empty gun magazine she had taken out. A berserker monkey rapidly approaching from the left was checked with that before Vanessa crouched down swiftly and launched a fierce upper roundhouse kick.

By crouching down, the berserker monkey that approached from the right lost sight of its target, and it sailed over above Vanessa’s head. The monkey that leapt from the front received a fierce roundhouse kick that sprang from a blind spot and got blown away.

The left berserker monkey that got checked by the empty magazine came flying in with a time difference. Vanessa had recovered her posture by that time, and she thrust out her arm once more.

The berserker monkey opened its mouth with a shriek kiiii-; however, in the next instant, the monkey felt a faint touch on its arm, but at the same time, its field of vision reversed, and it fell into a panic. Then it noticed that it had received a severe impact on its back and was staring at the ceiling.

And then, a gun muzzle cut into its field of view. The sense of danger instilled into it ordered it to evade but――too slow. pan- A light sound rang and with it a wind hole opened in the berserker monkey’s forehead.

The berserker monkey that was the first to be blown away in another direction was going along the ceiling and assaulted from overhead.

But, as expected it couldn’t reach. A hand that thrust out in a flowing motion softly touched the berserker monkey’s head as though in a caress, and then it was forced into a backflip with fierce momentum. Even the physical ability of the monkey was in vain, and the berserker monkey crashed on the ground. It then met the same fate as the previous monkey.

Without even any time to wake up, a shot to the head splattered its brain.

The last monkey moved as though it was crawling on the ground in order to bite at Vanessa’s leg. In an instant, a knee fell down. Perhaps because of its instinct, the berserker monkey leapt to the side right away, but its wrist was grasped.

Its wrist was twisted, and its joint was instantly locked. For a berserker that didn’t feel pain it was possible for it to shake off the hold without balking at getting a broken bone, but even so, for a few moments, it couldn’t avoid moving while following the limit of its body’s mobility. And then, the berserker monkey’s vector of inertia and center of gravity were directed at that instant, and it quickly got pressed down with its face against the floor.

A knee fell on its back to stop it from moving. Because the right point was pressed, it had no room to use its physical strength. It wasn’t even given a chance to even struggle. gorit- The gun muzzle pressed on the back of its head and fired its bullet with no hesitation.

「With this it’s all of them.」

Vanessa’s sharp gaze ran through the surroundings.

What she used was a technique of jujitsu and aikido. Vanessa’s body was that of a female. No matter how much she tried to deny it, it was a fact that her pure physical strength was inferior to males. That was why she polished numerous techniques based on ‘soft and fair goes far’.

What about powerful offensive abilities? A single bullet would serve that purpose. No matter how muscular the opponent was, even if it was against a monster, she could knock them down unquestionably if only one of her hands could touch them. For the rest, she just needed to pull the trigger.

This was the strength of Vanessa who was said to be at the top level in close-quarter combat among the agents that belonged under the security bureau. Even though recently she was called as Danessa a lot, her strength was the real thing.

――That was exactly the reason he created this moment because he didn’t underestimate the people of the security bureau by any means. The moment when Vanessa was away from the protection target.

「Agent, protect her if you can.」

「-, Doctor Grant!」

Unnoticed, Down’s face peeked out from the door on the second floor with a gun muzzle aimed. ――Toward none other than Emily.

Vanessa leapt in front of Emily as though she was flying. It was at the same time as when Down fired.

A dry bursting sound rang consecutively. Vanessa’s body jerked. Fresh blood scattered in a splat and dirtied Emily’s cheek.

「Kahah, gaa, a」

「Vanessa-」

Vanessa crashed on the ground and rolled several times. She then tried to stand up right away, but the impact clogging her lungs made her unable to breathe well. She could only crouch from the intense pain cruising through her whole body as she was unable to move. Chapter 220.
He was running without making any sound while paying the greatest attention to the surroundings, yet his running speed was still top speed. The agent of a nonexistent organization――Allen, was chasing after the escaping Weiss with astounding speed.

It seemed that Weiss was heading toward the installation of this facility’s power generator, Allen could see various pipes and electronics, big and small, throughout the corridor.

But at that time, Allen’s gaze suddenly caught something that he ought to be careful against. It was a very fine wire that was set up in the corridor inconspicuously. A simple trap.

Allen’s face didn’t change, his running speed didn’t decrease, and he went to the wall and jumped. And then by kicking on the wall, he climbed until near the ceiling, his hands caught one of the pipes, and he flew over the wire like a pendulum.

That jump looked excessive just for jumping over a single wire, but actually, that wire was a bluff, there was an infrared-type trap set up ahead of that wire, so Allen’s action was correct looking at the result. It was an instantaneous judgment based on Allen’s experience of many years.

Weiss, who was hiding behind some cover, aimed at the moment Allen landed and fired. However, Allen also read that ahead of time and got down looking as though he was clinging to the floor the moment he landed, so the bullet futilely passed over above his head.

Still lying down on the floor, Allen pulled his gun trigger without any time lag. His bullet counterattacked Weiss. Weiss leaked out a「Uoh-!」voice, but even so, he managed to dodge by hiding his body with the agility that was on the level of a cockroach.

「Eat this too!」

「Are you an idiot, doing that in this kind of place!?」

Weiss threw a hand grenade while roaring angrily. It was a cramped place, and furthermore, the place was packed full of pipes that he was unaware of what their functions were. ‘Just what the hell he is thinking throwing explosives in here!’ Allen sprang to his feet even while cursing and aimed in a kneeling posture using both his hands.

The bullet he fired accurately shot through the midair grenade, and it exploded right in the middle of Weiss and Allen. Allen rolled to the passage’s wall at the same time as his firing, and then he covered his whole body with his coat that possessed the material to be bullet-proof, knife-proof, and some impact resistance. Even so, he grit his teeth from the impact that made him feel enough pain while trying to snipe Weiss. At that time,

「Ih!?」

「Light is with you, I guess?」

Allen’s cheeks twitched from looking at “that” rolling below him. Right after that, kat- intense light surged out.

Weiss, who in a sense believed in Allen’s skill, had predicted that Allen would shoot down the hand grenade, so he also threw a flashbang at almost the exact same time.

With this, he ran out of grenades and flashbangs. The double-layered trap and the hand grenade was a preparation to steal Allen’s sight at this moment.

At the same time, when the light was starting to settle down, Weiss sent machine gun bullets at the spot where Allen was. His tactics were flowing smoothly without any hesitation and mercy, brought about by his overwhelming battle experience. He became the target of the JD Agency because he was using this skill of his to accomplish immorality and turned the table on the many police and agents coming to capture him.

He was even able to escape once from an agent of that JD Agency; his skill was something authentic, in contrast with his frivolous attitude.

Although, if it was asked whether that skill could work that easily against the man who was positioned to work directly beside the chief of the state security bureau even from among the JD Agency,

tan- tan-

「Tsua!? Son of a bitch-」

Two gunshots echoed, and at the same time, Weiss’s machine gun was blown away. It was merely luck that his fingers didn’t get blown up too.

Weiss immediately drew out his handgun to fire back. But, he whispered「That just ain’t possible」with a displeased expression seeing what appeared at the space where the flash had settled down.

「It’s the standard for a spy to have seven gadgets, right? My organization is a nonexistent one, but the guys affiliated with it are all comparatively a believer of romance you know?」

Allen said so with his hand holding that――a coat that hardened like a shield and blocked the bullets. He waved it lightly. Inside his heart, he was going「That was dangerous just now!」while sweating coldly, but he was hiding it with his usual foolish smile.

Both of them were acting the funny man and the straight man like television performers while, at the same time, they pulled their gun triggers. They were trying to take each other’s life smoothly while talking jokingly. It was a black communication between a veteran mercenary and a first-class assassin.

As expected, it seemed they had predicted each other’s movement as the bullets grazed the cheek of the two who were in a half-body stance. (TN: This half-body stance is like karate stance, where you directed one side of your body toward diagonally behind, so to make your body a smaller target)

Allen made his coat a substitute for a shield and charged forward in a dash. The passage wasn’t that wide, so when the shield of the hardened coat that was spread widely launched a shield bash it was impossible to dodge.

Weiss had a future vision where he got pushed down――so he instead stepped forward. If he were to show his back, then he would undoubtedly get shot in the back and die. He judged that his path of survival only existed going forward.

Weiss slid the moment just before he came into contact with Allen. Perhaps he was trying to slip through between Allen’s legs, but there was no way Allen would allow that as he swung the shield down――Right before that, however, Weiss fired repeatedly toward the ceiling.

「-」

The fired bullets hit a pipe on the ceiling and came back toward the ground through a complicated ricochet. Allen immediately lifted his coat shield and blocked the ricochet. At that moment, Weiss was sliding on the floor while passing through……during that time he unsheathed a knife to slice Allen’s foot.

Allen blocked that knife using his shoe that had a metal plate inserted inside, and then he discarded his coat and, at the same time, used one hand as a fulcrum and kicked with a reversed foot. The shoe of that reversed foot had a mechanical knife flying out from its tip.

Weiss blocked that using his gun barrel while retreating from the kick’s range using the momentum of his sliding. He rotated once and then aimed toward Allen from a kneeling stance. Allen also aimed his gun from a kneeling stance.

「Just die quickly, dog of the state.」

「Please die quickly, mercenary.」

A beat.

tan- tan- tan-

Bullets showered each other from point-blank range. Although the firing line of Allen’s gun was slightly shifted by Weiss’s knife, Weiss’s gun also had its firing line shifted by a retractable baton that Allen took out unnoticed. It finished with only their cheeks being grazed.

jako- Their magazines ran out at the same time with that sound echoing. Weiss pretended to retract the knife in his left hand, and in the middle of that motion, he threw that knife to his right hand. His left hand caught Allen’s baton without pause while the knife landed in the right hand’s grip, as though it was attracted to there, as he approached to carve Allen’s throat.

Allen easily abandoned the baton and stepped in so low that he looked like he was crawling on the ground. He dodged Weiss’s murderous blade while he grasped his collar, and then he turned around. He threw up Weiss with his waist’s motion.

Weiss that was flung away with a so-called shoulder throw then had his back strike the floor.「Gahah」Air was driven out from his lung.

「Yep, the end.」

「Well, not yet actually.」

Allen pulled out his spare gun, and he pressed the gun muzzle on Weiss’s forehead. At the same time, Weiss also talked lightly even with his face grimacing, and he pressed a button on his wristwatch.

In the next instant, a thunderous roar and an explosion blast blew violently from behind Allen. Allen’s gun muzzle shifted slightly due to that, and because Weiss’s head swung aside, the bullet veered away.

Weiss jumped to his feet and dashed fiercely toward the nearest door. Allen immediately fired, but Weiss stepped on Allen’s coat while passing through and sent it flying to block the bullet. Even so, he couldn’t avoid all the bullets, and his shoulder got hit, but he didn’t pay it any attention and opened the door with a tackle and jumped inside.

Allen smiled bitterly while exchanging his magazine with the new one and put away the half-used magazine. And then, he pulled out a pin from his wristwatch and dropped it on the floor. Immediately, small legs like an insect’s flew out from the pin.

Allen rotated the rotatable bezel of the watch halfway round. Right after that, the windbreak part of the watch turned into a display that projected the image on the floor level.

「This is the prided article of a real-life Q. Just watch it thoroughly to your heart’s content.」

The small metallic bug moved its legs with a rattling sound and advanced toward the location of Weiss who was shooting his machine gun while talking provocatively. Allen was watching his watch’s display while controlling the small insect using the bezel’s rotation.

Like that, the feet of Weiss were visible inside the display. Allen grinned widely, but as expected, the one over there was Weiss, whose obstinacy was on the level of a cockroach. Just before Allen could press the button, Weiss suddenly noticed something below him. He discovered the metallic thing with strange legs crawling below him, and his cheeks twitched grandly.

The next instant, DOOON- an explosive sound echoed, and the gunshots stopped.

「This guy, how harsh……. But see, if you, get this close……that’s enough, yeah?」

Both of Weiss’s hands sprang up right after that. He caught both of Allen’s wrists instantly with a speed that was unthinkable coming from a half-dead man. Although Allen was calm, he was slightly late in his reaction because he was mostly cautious against a gun or knife, but it wasn’t any problem at all getting caught like this.

Allen made the knife inside his shoe to jump out, and he kicked Weiss’s stomach. Weiss vomited out blood with his body lifted in the air.

But, here an unexpected situation occurred. Weiss should have no more physical strength with his dying body, and he should be blown away from Allen’s finishing blow; but instead, his grip strength was increasing further. He didn’t let go of Allen’s hands like a magnet.

「-, so this is what they call the great strength when at death’s door!」

「Hihih, this is a desperate grab for a fellow traveler to hell.」

Allen kicked repeatedly. He broke Weiss’s ribcage, his mechanical knife hacked Weiss’s stomach into shreds, and furthermore, he also stabbed Weiss’s heart. But, Weiss didn’t die. The pressure on his captured wrists was increasing!

「Don’t tell me-, the cigarette just now-」

「Spot on-! I’m not gonna let you aim at the head y’knoww」

With both his hands caught, Allen had no way to destroy the head. Being too close like this sealed his legs from destroying the head.

Allen twirled his gun using his fingertip, like a sleight of hand. His pinky held the trigger, and he aimed at Weiss’s head with the gun in a reversed position, but Weiss’s arm strength that was increasing further didn’t allow Allen to aim accurately. Allen was continuously landing strong knife-attached kicks, but the created wounds were smoking white and gradually began to regenerate.

As expected, Allen was losing patience while he unleashed kicks like a storm at Weiss that was starting to rapidly change before his eyes. However, Weiss’s regeneration ability was also gathering speed, and the first stab wound was already completely healed.

「Guh-」

「Then, let’s meet on the other side yeah, doggy.」

Weiss’s insane words stabbed at Allen who groaned from the feeling that both of his arms were being gripped so hard that they were on the verge of snapping from the pressure. Right after that, a roar rose from Weiss. His muscles enlarged and his wound closed in tremendous speed.

「DON’T UNDERESTIMATE MEEEEE-」

Allen pulled up both his arms together with a loud yell that was rarely heard coming from him while he struck Weiss’s stomach with a fierce kick. Weiss’s body was lifted up before it fell down right away, but before that, Allen made his body slide to the floor and put Weiss’s body on his lifted leg. And then he pulled both his hands while his leg struck up with all his strength.

The body of Weiss that was in the middle of the transformation got turned over with an overhead throw. He was sent flying face up to the opposite side. Even so, Weiss’s hands didn’t let go of Allen, but Weiss that was turned over was in Allen’s line of fire.

Allen twirled his gun once more with just his fingertip and pulled the trigger repeatedly. He didn’t manage to aim at the head, but it was enough to strike the shoulder. Perhaps the bullet hit a good spot because one of Allen’s hands was released.

Allen quickly got up and aimed at the other hand that was growing like a log while holding his hand and fired. The moment his hand was released, he rolled away to take some distance while firing toward Weiss’s head.

But here there was a further unexpected situation occurring.

「Wha!? He dodged!?」

「AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!」

Yes, he dodged. A berserker dodged. It detected the approaching bullet and leapt aside.

A berserker was a lump of instinct. It would at least cover its weakness the head with its arms, but fundamentally, a berserker would only charge forward like a boar. It could do nothing but charge forward relying on its body and super regeneration. Until now, there wasn’t a single berserker that had ever taken “evasive actions”.

「Chih, a troublesome guy even after becoming a berserker huuh!」

Allen took out a throwing knife and threw it toward Weiss’s eye. Allen thought to fire at the head the moment Weiss dodged. But, as expected, this berserker――Berserker Weiss, didn’t seem like a normal one.

The throwing knife was struck down this time without dodging. Furthermore, it didn’t keep charging without pause, but it dipped its waist deeply like a beast while groaning「uUUUUU-」and glared at Allen.

Yes, as though it was observing Allen’s move.

「Wa, wa wa wait……this is different from what I heard! A berserker that can “fight” is not a joke-」

Allen was complaining greatly but fired at the same time. The moment Allen aimed his gun, the berserker charged forward with a terrific step. Although that charge wasn’t a bull rush like every berserker before this, it was a counter rush that was accompanied with the evasion of the bullet by lowering its stance instantly.

「Seriously, spare me-」

This time Allen jumped to the side. Berserker Weiss rushed through the place he was in just now and created a crater on the concrete floor.

Allen jumped to the side while doing a handstand with one hand and fired further. The bullet approached the head with terrifying accuracy, but Berserker Weiss lifted its hand as though it had predicted it from the start, and the bullet was blocked by that hand.

Berserker Weiss raised a war cry while grabbing the nearby broken pipe. He tore it off with brute strength and threw it toward Allen.

「HiIIH」

Allen screamed pathetically while clinging to the floor and rolling away. He somehow managed to dodge it. However, the fact that the berserker was using a tool caused Allen’s expression to shudder with fear.

But, at that time, a light machine gun on the floor was reflected in the corner of Allen’s sight. Most likely, it was the weapon that Weiss used before which probably got sent flying due to the explosive of the insect gadget. Allen leapt so close to the floor that he was hugging the ground and pulled the trigger toward Berserker Weiss that was bending down in preparation for a charge.

dadadadadada- A rhythmical sound resounded, and a swarm of bullets assaulted Berserker Weiss.

「GAaH」

「He dodged as expected! Aa, geez-」

Berserker Weiss dashed to the side at the same time as when Allen pulled the trigger. And then, it sometimes used obstacles for cover while running in a circle around Allen.

gachin- That sound echoed showing that the light machine gun ran out of bullets. Allen’s face paled.

With a timing as though it had aimed for the moment the bullets ran out, Berserker Weiss turned on the offensive. Its step made a DON- sound as though a cannon had fired, and it approached Allen.

「Shi, shit-」

Allen took out a small cylinder from his belt’s buckle and fired it at the pillar of the second floor. A wire stretched out, and its tip then clung tightly and fixed itself on the pillar. Allen pushed his belt’s buckler at the same time, and the wire reeled in quickly pulling Allen to the air.

Below him, Berserker Weiss passed through just within a hair’s breadth while smashing some kind of machinery into pieces overenthusiastically.

「This isn’t a joke. Just what part of it is a lump of instinct! A berserker that is this used to battle is just……」

Allen was drenched in cold sweat while taking refuge in the air, and suddenly a conjecture welled up inside from his own words. The berserkers that he faced until now were basically just civilians or fellows that more or less used to some scuffle. That was why charging like a bull was only natural for them if they followed their instincts.

But, if it was a first-class fighter whose body moved on a subconscious level to predict the chance to attack and took the optimum evasive action when in battle, then what would happen if that kind of person was turned into a berserker? A person with a combat skill on the level that it was engraved into their subconscious, would they become a monster that only charged forward like a civilian in the end?

By any chance, the answer to that might be this Berserker Weiss before his eyes. A skilled mercenary that could battle a top-ranking agent equally was transformed into a berserker resulted in this. Of course, it was nothing more than a conjecture; perhaps there was another factor contributing to this.

「Hahah, perhaps this will be seriously bad if this is turned into a weapon.」

Allen reflexively muttered such a thing, but his face tensed right away. Berserker Weiss was tearing apart the fixing implement of a machine that was almost as big as a car so that it could lift it up.

It was obvious what its reason for doing that was.

「Crap crap crap crap-」

Allen manipulated his buckle to cut the wire and fell to the ground. After that, the car-sized machine came flying. The pillar Allen fixed his wire on was pulverized with a thunderous sound, and then the second floor’s path was also destroyed by the machine.

Allen landed with an ukemi technique, but naturally, Berserker Weiss didn’t overlook that opening. The rock-like fist was already approaching by the time Allen was recovering his stance.

「Gahah」

Allen could only guard by crossing his arms while taking a back-step with all his strength to lower the impact as much as possible. He was blown away horizontally above the ground, and his back crashed on a machine behind him. He couldn’t even scream with how intense the impact was, and then his body slipped down slowly to sit on the floor.

‘Kahah’ Blood was mixed in the breath that he finally could spit out. It seemed that his internal organs were injured. Both his arms limply hung down with their direction facing to strange angles.

But even so, he was alive. What’s more, he was conscious, and he was able to watch the Berserker Weiss slowly approaching him. Surely, that was thanks to his miraculous impact neutralization and ukemi technique. Chapter 218.

Now I will show others normal humans, one facing several highly trained people from the most military focused country in a world:
「Let’s go. To our battlefield.」

Saying that she leaped down without hesitation.

Sabas and others nodded at each other, and they similarly leaped down following the beloved person they decided as their master by themselves.

Roze and others who jumped outside to the air naturally obeyed the planet’s truth and began free falling. The roaring sound of wind entered their ears while they spread both their arms to balance themselves.

Their distance until the ground was gone instantly and the palace was below them.

「Ku-chan-. To that terrace-」

「Piih」

When Roze spoke with a volume that didn’t lose to the wind, Kuwaibel responded immediately. When Kuwaibel who was clad in silver light raised his cry, the same light immediately enveloped Roze and others too.

Lightly the body of Roze and others were liberated from the wedge of gravity. They rotated midair and took the landing stance. Kuwaibel adjusted their falling position and guided them toward the terrace near the highest floor of the palace.

But, at that time, dry bursting sounds resounded at the same time with the sharp sound that cut through the wind. Fortunately, the bullets didn’t hit them, and they rushed between the group toward the sky.

When they looked, there were several soldiers at the palace’s garden. They were pointing at Roze and co while aiming their rifle.

「Leave this to me.」

Right after that, silver glints rained down on those soldiers. Those things that were launched cutting through the air pierced the face of the soldiers peremptorily, and then they went limp like a marionette with its strings severed.

When Roze turned her eyes at the perpetrator, he――Sabas was running his gaze vigilantly at the garden while between his fingers there were three――knife for eating held in between.

It seems that this pseudo butler was dealing with multiple targets on the ground a hundred meters away using tableware.

But even while that was going on, soldiers who heard the gunshot showed up from the terrace and the garden ahead――but,

「Shi-」

Tableware was flying. Polished silver knives that were usually stored in the kitchen of mothership Avenst!

suta- Roze and co got down safely on the terrace. And then, with an unknown principle, shakon- Sabas stowed away the tableware knives into the cuff while making such small sound. Roze asked him as the representative of the imperial guards who was making an expression that was at a loss for words.

「Why, tableware?」

「Because I’m a butler.」

The history of Sabas who was the former captain of the imperial guard, who then became Roze’s butler after picking out Crow siblings and turned his position to them was known by everyone there. They also knew his true strength. But, not one of them knew that he owned the inhuman skill that allowed him to snipe an enemy on the ground from a hundred meters above using tableware.

They more or less knew that in his active duty period he specialized in quick draw using revolver that should be reduced to a relic of the old era, but they never imagined that after he retired he would acquire a new ability――an outrageous ability of quick snipe using a knife for eating of all thing.

「What are you all doing getting absent-minded like that. Now, quickly mov――shi-」

Even while he was talking, the meal knife that manifested like a sleight of hand pierced the eyeball of a soldier that rushed out from the neighboring terrace.

Furthermore, Sabas unhesitatingly threw a meal knife at a completely wrong direction toward another soldier who drew back his face in panic. The meal knife rebounded from the ornament nearby the terrace’s ceiling before it flew into the entrance while rotating fast――

「Gueh」

A single groan could be heard. Next thud the sound of something heavy collapsing also resounded.

Sabas slightly opened the room’s door, and he quickly took stock of the corridor. And then, he nodded once and moved at the front like the person who thoroughly knew the inside of the royal palace.

After him was six imperial guards following with ordered movement without the slightest bit of disorder, behind them was Roze with the Crow siblings at both her sides, their back was secured by four imperial guards.

「Muh」

Suddenly Sabas let out an alert voice. Right at the next moment, he suddenly accelerated!

The soldier that leaped out from the corridor’s corner ahead was hit with a body blow that gave out zudon- impact voice as though he was hit with a large cannon. Without any voice or free time to writhe, the soldier collapsed with his eyeballs rolling, and the white of his eyes got exposed――

Yet he wasn’t allowed to fall, his collar was grasped, and he was made to stand.

And then, several gunshots rang at that time. The soldier who got hoisted up by Sabas danced like a badly made marionette. At the same time, Sabas’s palm heel struck at the abdomen of the soldier he turned as a shield as though he was beating up the dead.

Even though he and the corpse were in a posture where they were mostly glued to each other, the pitiful soldier A was sent flying like a cannonball.

「Uoh」

「Wha, what-」

The soldiers behind who were firing lost their cool seeing their comrade’s corpse suddenly flying horizontally at them and they dodged. Their firing stopped.

「Fuhn」

「Gahah」

The pseudo-cannon body blow once more burst at the soldier B. He was holding down his stomach while his body was leaning forward and he fell on his knees. His mouth vomited out froth mixed with blood, and he convulsed in twitches.

「You bastard――」

「Hah」

「Goeh」

Soldier C aimed his rifle, but what was reflected in his sight was only the flapping end of the butler uniform. The elbow strike of Sabas who slipped into his bosom struck the center of his sternum, bogyu a wretched sound that had never been heard before rang.

Without even paying attention to soldier C who was limply collapsing behind, Sabas pulled out a handgun from the holster on the waist of soldier C who was falling.

……Surely, soldier D and E who were behind soldier C were witnessing an unrealistic scene of an old man in butler uniform appearing from the shadow of their slowly falling comrade, pointing a gun at their way.

tan-, tan-.

Two gunshots. The headshot was also two.

thud- Soldier D and E collapsed.

「Ah, over there-」

「Shit-, Fritz and others got done in! That butler uniformed man there-」

More soldiers who heard the gunshots appeared from the corridor’s corner bustlingly. The corridor was a straight line. There was around ten meter until the corner where the soldiers were appearing.

「Gramps-, come ba――」

Roze was about to yell「come back」. But, before she could, Sabas had moved.

Forward.

With a low stance as though crawling on the ground, he sprinted like a fired bullet.

The flapping fringe of the butler uniform was beautiful.

Gun muzzles flashed grandly. Bullet storm was fired.

However, that didn’t even graze the old butler.

「How the hell!?」

One soldier reflexively acted the straight-man. The old butler who was moving with small sways to left and right without even slowing down for a bit and couldn’t be touched even by rifle bullet was already in horror territory.

The truth was he only calculated the firing line from the direction of the muzzle, and before he was shot he evaded to a place where bullets wouldn’t hit, but seen from the side, it was a really incomprehensible situation.

「Dammit all-」

Soldier F was unable to put up with it any longer, and he jumped out from the corridor’s corner, he held his rifle to shoot from the hip and unleashed it in full-auto.

So that it couldn’t be dodged, he must be intending to scatter bullets from left to right uniformly.

「Laughable!」

Butler-san said something.

Right after that, the rifle bullets that were mowing down in fan shape were passing down right below Sabas in vain. Yes, Sabas kicked on the corridor’s wall, and with a triangle jump, he took refuge midair.

At the same time, he was firing bullets at the soldiers hiding at the corner to stop them from moving while his fingers caught the ornamental part of the ceiling’s light, and like a pendulum, he increased his leaping range while accelerating further.

While showing a mid-air twist that would make even the famous move Shi○i of a certain gymnastic athlete who twisted too much to go pale, Sabas’s posture became upside down just right above soldier F. Like that, he threw the handgun that ran out of bullet to another soldier, grasped the chin of soldier F, and using the momentum of the twist the neck snapped. (TN: I don’t know which athlete and move it referred to here)

Sabas performed a beautiful landing at the shadow of soldier F that was spinning and spinning as though in a dance while his body was collapsing down when a bullet approached him.

kan-

Such light sound rang out.

「How is that possible!?」

「How can that be possible!?」

The straight-man act of soldier G and queen-sama overlapped. If it was said that it couldn’t be helped, then it couldn’t be helped. After all, Sabas-san had just deflected a rifle bullet.

――Using a polished shiny silver tray that he took out from somewhere.

「A butler has to be able to deflect something like a bullet using a tray at the very least-」

「No, that’s stran――gueh」

To be specific, the silver tray that Sabas took out was specially made to be tough enough to deflect a bullet, furthermore rather than calling it deflecting he was putting an angle on the tray when the bullet impacted so it was more correct to call it “averting” though……

In any case, normally nine out of ten the tray would get sent flying and the target would still get hit, so it didn’t change how uncommon what happened was.

Anyway, soldier G who acted the straight-man had his throat crushed by the silver tray that flew at him like a Frisbee, and he fell while raising a groaning voice that sounded like a frog’s croak.

The other soldiers returned to their senses and they re-aimed their rifle. Soldier H’s rifle muzzle locked on to the forehead of Sabas, who had approached in front of him.

But, when he was on the verge of pulling the trigger,

「He, he vani――」

「Too slow.」

Unable to follow the figure of Sabas that sank down deeply, it looked like he vanished and the soldier was shaken. And then, without even any time to shudder from hearing the voice from below, the butler kick that sprang up pulverized the jaw & snapped the neck and soldier H ascended.

「You-, monster-」

「Die, old maann-」

「You bastarddd, I’ll kill――」

Soldier I, J, K surrounded Sabas. Three rifle muzzles were aimed from three directions at him in a really close range. Instantly the three of them each raised a short scream. It happened at the same time when Sabas made a rotation from riding the centrifugal force of the kick that drew an artistic circular orbit.

Looking closer, there was a sewing needle in soldier I’s eye, a knife stabbed on J’s arm, and blood is spurting out from soldier K’s wrist.

The three who were flinching back from the pain exposed a fatal opening. Naturally, there was no way the old butler who was letting out sharp eye glint that could even be mistaken as dragon eyes would overlook that opening.

「Shi-」

Butler-sama performed a beautiful breakdance in a world with up and down reversed.

Let’s say it, one more time. The flapping butler uniform was beautiful.

Sabas’s long legs were swung circularly. A sharp knife sprang out from the tip of the glossy butler shoes. It caressed the throat of the soldiers as though they were sucked into its orbit.

pisha- Matching Sabas’s legs orbit, a line of blood was drawn on the wall.

Sabas was on one knee when he recovered from the extremely dangerous break dance. He stood up and dusted off his hem before taking out a folding umbrella from out of nowhere as expected.

At the same time when he opened it with a smooth motion, pusha―― rain of blood showered down. Of course, it didn’t touch Sabas who was under an umbrella.

Thud The soldiers whose carotid artery was torn open crumbled down.

「Fumu. I tried to create it to kill time, but unexpectedly it was a bit useful.」

Sabas-san muttered such thing while he twisted the folding umbrella. Its frame came off, and only its center pole remained, at the same time shakin- a sharp double-edged blade sprang out from its tip.

And then, he readied it, and like an athlete of javelin throw, he threw it deeper inside the corridor.

「U, UOOOOOOH」

In a superb timing, the last soldier who seemed to be in hiding leaped out. And then, in the right timing, his throat received the umbrella attack, and he blankly collapsed backward.

「He, hey, gramps. Just now, when you were surrounded by the soldiers, what did you do?」

Roze must be referring to the time when soldier I, J, K suddenly received damage. She knew that Sabas had done something, but it was too fast that she didn’t know what he actually did.

It seemed that it wasn’t just Roze who had that question, the Crow siblings and the imperial guards were also the same, rather it was them who looked more curious, so Roze unconsciously questioned while understanding that this wasn’t the time.

Sabas who was rushing through the corridor with sure footsteps even while putting his guard up sent a sharp gaze at the Crow siblings and the imperial guards「Even all of you couldn’t see it?」. Seeing them twitched, Sabas shook his head as though lamenting their inadequacy very much while answering.

「It’s nothing significant. I was shooting the sewing needle inside my mouth while hurling knife from the launcher inside my sleeve, at the same time I swung a bit sturdy thread that can also be used for sewing to cut the wrist. That’s all.」

「Is, is that so? But, gramps. Why sewing tool?」

「Because I’m a butler.」

「――Roze-sama, it’s “the one who walks together proudly(Roze Phi Erute)”.」

「……Yes.」

That was the password to open the hidden passage. The nuance of those words resembled her first and second name. Holding the feeling that was inserted into her name inside her heart, Roze typed in the letters.

Mechanical operation sound was coming from inside the wall.

Instantly,

「Roze-sama-」

「-」

What resounded was Sabas’s voice and consecutive gunshots.

「Kuh-. A trap-」

Olga bit her lips while firing bullets at the automatic interception mechanical gun that looked like a sentry gun which sprang out from behind an implement.

「Gramps-!?」

「-, I let my guard down. So they put a trap that operated together with the authentication device……」

Perhaps Gregor had assumed that the driven out royalty would come back here. The people who knew about the procedure to open the hidden passage in this room even before the kingdom got usurped were only the royalty and Sabas who was the imperial guard captain.

Sabas spat out「I’m growing dull」at himself who didn’t notice that this place was noticed already and he stood up. The instant he did that, blood were dripping down. The flank of the butler uniform could be seen changing color despite the black color that made it not stand out.

「Gramps-, your wound!? Me, medical treatment quickly-」

Roze reached out her hand at Sabas’s flank, but that hand was stopped by Sabas himself. At the same time, gunshots rang out from the corridor. Their position became known from the gunshot just now, and the soldiers were rushing here.

The imperial guards guarding the entrance raised an angry voice「Their number is more than twenty! We won’t hold out for long! Hurry-」while returning fire.

Sabas nodded, and he turned a sharp gaze at Crow siblings.

「Please go, Roze-sama. Gramps will hold back the enemy here.」

「Why!? We only need to enter the passage and then close the door!」

Sabas shook his head. And then, he fired toward the painting that decorated the room.

「I was careless. That’s a hidden camera. Most likely they know the password already. Through there is a small passage that continues until underground. We will be helpless if we are attacked from above. This is my failure. It’s my wish to be given a chance to redeem myself.」

「Such thing-. It’s fine already; everyone quickly enter the passage!」

Roze grasped Sabas’s arm, and she walked toward the passage. Right after that,「-, grenade! Get down-」A warning resounded. Sabas covered for Roze, at the same time a flame blast enveloped the area near the door, the four imperial guards who were returning fire were blown away.

It seemed he avoided fainting with his trained body, but after seeing the blood flowing from everywhere and also the bloody cough, there was no doubt that the internal organs were harmed. It was obviously a heavy injury.

Countless footsteps resounded. The rushing soldiers showed up their face from the door.

suton-

Like that, the knife pierced their eyeball or throat. Furthermore, the thrown black object――a hand grenade rolled into the corridor and exploded.

After the explosive sound that resounded once more, groaning voices leaked out from the corridor.

「Olga, Jean-. Take Roze-sama away from here!」

Sabas’s voice resounded.

Sabas rushed toward the corridor, and he stole the rifles of two soldiers who were killed by a knife. He spread both his hands and fired to the left and right of the corridor. Anguished voices「Gyah」「Gaah」rose once more.

Roze who roughly rubbed her eyes that were almost spilling over adroitly turned her body toward the hidden passage.

The four imperial guards who were blown away were injured all over their body, yet they took up rifle by themselves and stood up to return fire along with Sabas. And then, Roze looked back across her soldier toward Sabas.

Sabas also turned her gaze at Roze while reloading.

「Sabas, defend this place, to the last.」

「Fuh. By your will. Roze-sama.」

Roze vanished deep inside the hidden passage. Olga and Jean, and other imperial guards, they nodded deeply at Sabas and their comrades before following behind. The door closed.

Sabas shot out the letter board after they passed through. With the technology of the divine country, even with the letter board destroyed there was still a high possibility of opening the path with the password known, but it could buy more time.

「Advance forward, my beloved child. I also thought of you as my real granddaughter.」

The remaining imperial guards showed a wry smile hearing Sabas’s monologue, thinking that he should just say it directly. Sabas who noticed them cleared his throat looking a bit embarrassed.

「What’s with those eyes, you guys. From here onward will be hell. Put your back into it.」

「Kukuh, you’re right. We will accompany you until the end you know, Sabas-sama.」

「The demonic imperial guard captain is revived huh.」

「It has been an honor.」

「Let’s show them the reserve strength of us, Avenst’s imperial guard.」

While fully wounded all over the body, the imperial guards replied fearlessly. Sabas smiled「fuh」and nodded.

Something like a rocket warhead like before peeked out from ahead at the corridor. Sabas’s rifle muzzle pierced the warhead with pinpoint accuracy, and it exploded. The imperial guards sent in a storm of bullets toward the corridor that was enveloped in flame.

「You guys, hold down the left corridor. I’ll return in three minutes.」

Saying that Sabas leaped out to the corridor. Bullets were flying from the right corridor, but they were avoided by kicking on the wall and ceiling using unrestricted movement, and he pounced at the corner where the enemies were hiding.

The soldiers didn’t think that someone would break through amidst those rifle bullets even in their wildest imagination and they were taken aback,

「Now then, I received the command from her majesty the queen to defend to the last――to “defend by slaughtering all the enemy”. Can I have every single one of you depart to the next world?」

shakin- Three meal knives each sprang out from both sleeves. Each knife was held between fingers, as though they were shining silver claws.

「Fi, Fireee-」

An angry yell resounded from a person who seemed to be the captain.

The next moment, there were also agonizing cries that resounded. Chapter 241.

And a japanese agent facing people with powers and monsters with special abilities:
Fukube slightly sped up the car without saying anything.

No matter what was there, it was simple logic that it was harder to aim at a target that was moving quickly.

However, it seemed that move was a bad choice in this place.

It was right at that moment. It was like when the thick curtain was dropped on the stage, a great amount of earth and sand blocked the entrance.

「Tsu, hold on!」

「Kyah」

「Hinata-chan!」

Fukube sharply turned the steering wheel. The car’s speed was too much that it couldn’t make it in time to stop. The earth and sand at the opposite lane was relatively fewer. Fukube saw through that instantly and turned the car over there.

Hinata almost slammed her head on the window due to the intense centrifugal force. Kousuke immediately hugged her to protect her body.

The car smashed through the curtain of earth and sand. They could feel that the car wheels rotated just for an instant.

Right after that they were assaulted by a violent power of rotation. The car’s body was spinning.

At the corner of Kousuke’s sight, the figure of Fukube controlling the steering wheel with astonishing handling was reflected.

It should be said as a kind of superb handling. It wouldn’t be strange for the car to topple on its side, and yet it finally lost strength and stopped moving without falling.

「Is everyone okay!?」

Fukube asked with a slightly rough breathing. But he wouldn’t take off his gaze from the tunnel. He removed his seat belt with one hand while his other hand was reaching toward his suit pocket. Chapter 408.
Suddenly Hinata yelled with an expression that was filled with uneasiness.

Kousuke didn’t ask what’s the matter. Both Kousuke, Fukube quickly took decisive action.

He unlocked the car door. Took off his seatbelt, then Fukube rolled out from the driver seat to outside. At the same time, Kousuke also carried Hinata in his arms while kicking open the door and jumped outside.

In a hair’s breadth. The car’s floor exploded with a thunderous roar. The flow of earth and sand pulverized the asphalt and gushed out with such momentum that it made it look like there was an explosion.

Kousuke and Fukube rolled on the ground while escaping forward at a 60° angle. They stopped with a posture of standing on one knee and looked up. There they saw a giant arm made from soil stretched out and grasped the car frame.

It must be because Hinata wasn’t inside. The hand mercilessly flattened the car easily like it was an aluminum can.

「Tsu, Endou-san!」

Fukube was barely escaping from the earth large snake with an acrobatic movement that was unexpected from a middle-aged man. He yelled to this way with an expression that was filled with anxiety.

「It’s two kilometers in a straight line. It’ll be nice if we can shake him off but, whoops!」

Although Fukube was using a small flashlight to illuminate the ground, it was still amazing how he was able to run really fast in the wilderness like this when it was night.

He was choosing the spots to step on accurately. Even though he had been busy dodging desperately in a dangerous situation that made him ran out of a breath just now, he still hadn’t run out of breath right now.

The control of the gravity magic slipped away from his mind. They fell toward the stone paving at the other side of torii as though they were blown away.

Kousuke scolded himself and cleared his mind while hugging Hinata. He landed slidingly on the ground. Fukube too didn’t need Kousuke’s assistance. He took a falling stance with five point landing before quickly getting back on his feet.

Shutting them up physically. Kousuke threw kunais that were clad in lightning to all direction, and Fukube also knocked out the casters using gum bullets that were fired with matchless accuracy.

They finally stormed into the shrine’s ground. Without stopping they charged in a straight line toward the direction of the mansion that they heard from the captured justice youth.

Fukube grumbled such thing while accurately shooting down five onmyoujis. Kousuke and Hinata ignored him while finally passing through the grounds and stepped into the mountain forest. Chapter 409.
「Hiih, I’ll dieee!?」

Even while screaming like that, Fukube’s movement was terrific. Sometimes he showed a sharpness like a wind, and sometimes he showed a smoothness like water flow.

Even now, a shiki with the shape of an armored samurai was swinging down its sword powerfully, but Fukube dodged by shifting his body to the side while stepping forward, then without pause he easily reached the samurai with the sword swishing right beside him.

「Kuh, you’re just a mere policeman!」

It seemed the onmyoujis of Tsuchimikado weren’t just mere caster, all of them had been training in a type of ancient martial art.

Judging that he wouldn’t make in time using jutsu with how swift Fukube was approaching, he squeezed a talisman while sending out a punch. The fist’s thrust was truly masterful. Against an opponent who only dabbled some in martial art would be knocked out with one punch by the sharp attack.

But,

「Guah!?」

The one who screamed wasn’t Fukube but the man. Since the start of the battle it always had been the casters of Tsuchimikado who ended up like that.

The one hit kill fist blow was brushed away with the right hand holding a handgun with the easiness of brushing away a leaf that was blown by wind, and then without any pause the palm of his left hand struck up the jaw of the opponent.

The man’s eyes rolled back and he fainted with just that. Strength left his knees and he crumpled down.

In addition, as Fukube brushed away the fist, he also fired his handgun twice in succession without even looking at where he aimed.

The two rubber bullets flew as though they were guided to strike the solar plexus of two casters that Fukube aimed at. The two of them were taken off their feet.

One fainted from the impact. The other one crouched while holding his stomach, unable to even make any voice due to his convulsing diaphragm.

『Umu, as expected from a government official of Japan! Excellent & Beautifuuul!』

「It’s all thanks to the super overwork labor they put me through! It’s the bad tradition of Japan!」

Even while making such lighthearted (?) exchange, another one caster at the back was made to faint with a precision shooting that weaved through the gaps of the shikis.

When only one bullet remained in the chamber, Fukube made a sweeping gesture to throw out the magazine using the centrifugal force, dodged a white bird that attacked from the sky with a swaying minimum movement while finishing his reload already when she realized.

In addition he stamped on a white snake shiki that attacked him to seal its movement, then with a superb timing he rotated his body to allow a white monkey that charged at him to rush passed.

Naturally, there was a white snake under his pivot leg so it got trampled. It was pulped and returned back to being a scrap of paper. At the same time he fired and two other casters fell.

(Fuh. What a terrifying man. It’s like seeing our demon king-dono as a normal human!)

The three clones that were position around Fukube reflexively shared that thought inside their heart.

Body movement that pursued rationality to the extreme and precision shooting with peerless accuracy.

It sounded bad to call him as an inferior version, but Fukube’s combat strength far surpassed the lord’s expectation to a degree that the image of a certain brutal gunner superior crossed the lord’s mind.

He couldn’t help but evaluate him to be at the same level or perhaps even higher than a certain comedian support agent of Britain. In other words, he was a first class fighter outside of the special people like the returnees.

Perhaps because he was having such needless thought, an apparition “Ushiki” displayed a leap that didn’t suit its huge body to jump over the clones and landed in front of Fukube.

Just its landing caused a thunderous sound and impact. Fukube went 「!?」 with his eyes opened wide. The lord unintentionally reverted back to Kousuke blurting 「Ah crap」.

The arm of “Ushiki” that was thick like a log was held up and its fist that was like a rock lunged――the moment it happened,

「Don’t pick on old mannn!」

Even while yelling such thing, Fukube immediately discarded his handgun and stepped toward the powerful arm on his own. And then he took the arm by winding his arms around it and turned over his body while bending his posture forward.

It was obvious that the height difference wouldn’t allow him to throw it with judo technique. That must be why. Fukube didn’t shoulder and throw the apparition, he somersaulted forward to produce rotational power that dragged it――

『Oo!? What a magnificent shoulder throw!』

The muscularly huge three meters tall body floated in the air. The thick legs left the ground like a joke and headed to the sky.

That sight was so splendid that the lord reflexively praised it, so even the casters of Tsuchimikado were startled with their mouths hanging open.

A beat later, zun there was an impact sound together with a tremor when the huge body of “Ushiki” hit the ground.

It was a sight that was an example of “the soft controlled the hard”. Surely even Minamoto no Yorimitsu who was called as the strongest monster killer would clap and cheer if he was present in this place, no doubt about it.

In addition, Fukube who fell on the thick chest of “Ushiki” didn’t pause and smoothly pulled a knife from his waist back and stabbed it into its eye socket.

That move was most likely a reflexive action that came from desperation, but the extremely murderous movement was enough to send a chill into the guts of the Tsuchimikado.

In addition, although it was pointless to destroy the brain because it was an apparition, by chance it seemed the core of shikigami summoning――the vessel talisman was located there, so “Ushiki” convulsed for a moment before it vanished.

Kiyotake and others returned to their senses with gasps and casted their jutsu simultaneously.

The remaining shikigamis “three tailed spirit fox”, “Raijuu”, and “Inugami”, and then the various type of shikis. They all attacked the clones and Fukube with the support of the casters.

「How much longer-, Endou-san!」

Fukube fired twice and dodged a shiki while asking with a bitter expression. His spare bullets almost ran out.

And more than that, actually Fukube himself was at his limit already.

No matter what the situation, Fukube basically would always act frivolous without showing his actual feeling. He exuded a menacing aura just now was also proof that his self control was lagging behind.

The cause was that was because of his physical fatigue, but more than that there was also the accumulation of curses that were piling up on him bit by bit as each second passed.

The jutsu from Kiyotake and others would immediately get halted with the rubber bullets he shot and the attacks of the clones. And even if they managed to activate their jutsu, the curse on Fukube would get dispelled if a clone touched him.

But, the effect of curses on Fukube that worked for several seconds before they got cancelled was definitely tiring him out bit by bit.

Kousuke decided that he didn’t see anything and returned his focus to intercept the approaching shikis.

He engaged the rushing white birds with kunai and shuriken, while Fukube held back the white dogs with martial art and a knife to not allow them to disturb Hinata. Chapter 411.

Why all of this is important? Well, is important to illustrate the level of skill normal humans have in Arifureta, it also serve to show why the Yaegashi group is impressive in the verse:
「You there-! What’re you doing getting exhausted like that! The enemy won’t care about your exhaustion at all! Do you want to get killed!?」

Inside the dojo of Yaegashi-style, a scolding thundered loudly. The voice’s owner was Yaegashi-style’s instructor――Yaegashi Shuuzou.

Just now Shuuzou raised a violent voice 「ZEAAH」 while throwing a sickle and chain to one of the disciple who was on his knee.

「――Tsu, my apologize, sensei!」

That disciple barely jumped aside to dodge. He said that while throwing shuriken to Shuuzou in a counterattack. At the same time, while still kneeling he used his wooden sword that had steel core inside to block the vertical slash that made him wanted to say 「You’re attacking with the intent to absolutely kill me aren’t you?」 from another disciple who was his training opponent.

The disciple number 2 exerted his strength to the limit while saying to the disciple number 1.

「Die here! Yamasaki-kun-」

He yelled so while launching a front kick. Unnoticed there was a small blade held between his bare foot’s fingers. As expected it completely looked like murder attempt.

「You’re the one that’ll die-, Chief Tsuchi-!!」

Disciple number 1 guarded against the approaching deathly kick with his gauntlet. He used the impact to let out an assassin blade came out with schwing sound. Then he thrust toward the crotch of disciple number 2. It seemed he planned to kill his opponent’s life as man.

Disciple number 2 groaned 「Nuuh」 while protecting his son’s life with high speed back step.

「……Fuh, you aren’t half bad anymore, Yamasaki-kun!」

「Haah, haah, thank you very much, Chief Tsuchi! Haa, haa, but let me say one thing-. You got more stamina than me who is in active duty even though you’re already past fifty, are you a monster!?」

「The disciple of Yaegashi at least should be able to do full marathon while humming even when your work is behind the desk!」

「Kuh. The path to become fully qualified is still endlessly long-」

The disciple number 1 and 2 who were making such conversation were actually a young detective and the police chief of the police station that had jurisdiction over this city. The two who belonged under the organization that cracked down on crime yelled 「Die!」 to each other but……

Unfortunately, there was no one in that dojo who would make tsukkomi at such thing.

Yaegashi dojo――it consisted of the front kendo dojo and the dojo to learn the Yaegashi-style sword technique. The dojo for sword technique was also giving martial art instruction for organizations like the police or security firm and the like. It was quite famous in the industry.

There weren’t many people who could became official disciple of such Yaegashi-style, but once someone had become a disciple of Yaegashi-style, deathly training would become like their daily routine irrelevant of their occupation.

And so, even if the chief of police station was trying to kill a young detective, or the opposite where the young detective was trying to kill the chief of his office, it wasn’t strange at all!

Everyone of Yaegashi family obstinately wouldn’t recognize the “ninja” matter for some reason. For Shizuku, no matter how she looked at it, this was a “ninja group” but……according to Shuuzou, it seemed that to the end it was “only acrobatic that accompanied the sword technique, and they only did a bit of handyman work using that acrobatic”.

「Ojii-chan(grandpa). At the places that you brought me to before this, there were a lot of people there with terribly familiar family name, like Ig○ or Kog○ though.」

「I told you that it was only a gathering of sword technique dojo association. Their family name also isn’t unusual name.」

「……Everyone was dressed in black though.」

「That was because the place of the gathering was deep in the mountain. The choice of black is inevitable because the stain on the clothes won’t stand out with that.」

「…………Midway it became like deathly battle with each other though!」

「Houses that inherited ancient martial art gathered in one place like that. It’s only natural that they wanted to pit their skill against each other right?」

「Lies! Those people said it clearly! Don’t think that Yaegashi will be able to stay as the leader of the shinobi clan forever, they said!」

「……They have nice sense of humor right?」

「I got my life targeted like it was normal though!? They said 『Yaegashi’s princess! Prepare yourself!』, their killing intent was really fierce though! If that was humor, then the crimes in society can all be considered as humor you know!?」

「Those people with intense killing intent, in the end, they were taken care of by you alone though……」

「Wha, what? I didn’t kill them or anything……it was a legitimate self-defense.」

「No, there is no complain or anything. The opposite, everyone was impressed with your strength. Talk of marriage to welcome you as bride into their family no matter what, or for their son to become this family’s son-in-law is flooding here……」Chapter 346.
This showed not only how the Yaegashi group teach the japanese police and securities firms to the point that they are famous in the industry, but also showed how they are the top of the ninjas families.

This here also show the Yaegashi group defeating several suspicious groups that later where revealed to be the elite forces of the rest of contries in the world (the summary is that a chinese group brainwashed them to made them want to obtain the returnees families at all costs):
『What? Give me the accurate report!』

「Shuuzou-san? What’s the matter?」

After a while of some angry yells being exchanged at the other side of the phone, a beat passed.

The expression of Shuuzou that appeared in the phone next was extremely grave.

『It seems that several families got attacked.』

Everyone held their breath hearing that report.

『Luckily, it seemed the police officers who are our disciple, Miya of Amanogawa family, and Sakagami family’s Karashio managed to repel them but』

The instructors of Yaegeshi style, the mother of Amanogawa family who could fight close and personal using metal bat & street brawling, and the guard dog of Sakagami family that had the transformation ability to turn into giant wolf did great job.

『It seems that the culprits were some really strange fellows. Their atmosphere was different from a normal agent. They tried to do something that we didn’t really understand, so the people on the scene just beat them anyway before they could do anything that they tried to do but……we still don’t know the detail here. Can I ask you to send the combat force over there to their position immediately?』Chapter 415.

There are some more things showings of special ninja techniques that the Yaegashi have but that is just a extra so isn't needed to make this longer, the things above should be sufficient to show how skilled the Yaegashi are and thus what mean that Shizuku was one of the tops of them, to the point that from the age of 4 her grandfather already considered her a genius.

There are additionally more things that can be showed like the direct scaling with the Haulia group that was directly trained by Hajime and that defeated the elites forces of the Hoelscher Empire which Gahard rule, they also defeated hundreds of Apostles, the group of elites forces from the Monks of Shadows (the chinese group that brainwashed the countries), and more, but this post is unnecessarily long enough so better stop with that.

Last edited:
Shizuku is actually unquantifiable above 38 tons, the 19 ton feat happen in volume 4, while the Shizuku being used here is like vol 11, standard with any isekai or whatever, the characters get stronger. Shizuku not only becomes higher leveled, but also was strengthened by evolution magic, and not to mention Hajime boosted her weapons making them 2x stronger.

Her soul hax isn't in character, her weapon can indeed damage souls, but she never really uses that till after the key being used heer, her spatial hax is 1 shot hax, unless you can defend with spatial magic yourself, it's impossible to defend.

Shizuku loves using that, and also gravity hax, cutting gravity itself essentially making things weightless, and also pulling things towards and away from her.

Limiter Removal, the hax which boost her was said to be an exponential increase, but that word is thrown around a lot based on just searching in my collected feats, so i don't put too much weight on that, it is however compared to Noint's pseudo limit break, meaning it is a 3x boost.

Foresight, her analytical prediction basically lets her know how her opponent will move next ie knowing if they will dodge her attacks before they do it, and where her target will be after dodging said attack.

She has a minor healing factor, her sword heals itself and she also heals due to her necklace with restoration magic.

She also sends shockwaves out with her slashes.

And she did fight and defeat her copy who had all these abilities, said clone got stronger and stronger due to empowerment basically, the more Shizuku denied her feelings for Hajime, the stronger the clone got, Shizuku while being severely injured, defeated the clone, she might have been near death, would have to relook at that, but she was very injured from what i remember.

I was thinking of commenting on that skill part, but after seeing Celeistial's reply, I don't think I need to.

Tae's only hope was if she didn't use Space cut in character and if it didn't one shot, but it seems she does. Coupled with analytical prediction, her ap being above 38 tons, and having a multiplier of her own, I don't really see Tae winning this.

Rip :c

I was thinking of commenting on that skill part, but after seeing Celeistial's reply, I don't think I need to.

Tae's only hope was if she didn't use Space cut in character and if it didn't one shot, but it seems she does. Coupled with analytical prediction, her ap being above 38 tons, and having a multiplier of her own, I don't really see Tae winning this.

Rip :c
I mean, he still should have win cons with the internal damage of his chi and the sword can be dodged so I don't hink is a stomp.

And what was planning to comment about the skill part? If you are fine with it could you post it in my wall in the case you feel is unnecesary here?

Limiter Removal can be restricted since it make her change tier and since it also a speed buff (at least a big perception one) then better if is restricted.

Though even with that Shizuku have a good advantage, is not a stomp since Tae could dodge and his internal damage attacks should be dangerous, but even with that Shizuku seem to have the better chances of winning so my vote go to her.

Can he really dodge though? Like, even if he could, he won't be able to dodge all of them. He get cockblocked pretty hard by analytical prediction users.

His durability negation, which sure it damages the organs, but he can't do that with a shout (unless we scale him to the weaker martial artist, the same way we scale everything go Majin Buu making a tear in time and space). If we don't scale it that way, he can only damage her by hitting her. And it won't instantly one shot or anything like that, either.

If he could use chi absorption and if it worked, then it would be a different story, but unfortunately it wouldn't work.

I mean, the dude is suppossed to be pretty skilled so he should be able to dodge and since they are at hundreds of meters he would be able to attack several times and if they graze her they should damage her insides, which would weaken her and give him more chances to win.

Hmm maybe. The only real problem Is the space cut. If he gets close, it's over.

Also, his danmaku attacks don't carry the vibrations shit, but he'll probably keep his distance once he notices he can't sense his opponents chi at all. And his killing intent will slow her down a bit.

Although I still believe Shizuku has a higher chance simply due to space cut, so I'm voting for her.

Oh yeah, how good can she fight if her internal organs are injured? If she can't fight as well, then Tae's chances of victory will be quite a bit higher, since his chi absorption will still damage her internal organs by simply her being near him.

If she can fight well, then I'll still vote her.

Oh yeah, how good can she fight if her internal organs are injured? If she can't fight as well, then Tae's chances of victory will be quite a bit higher, since his chi absorption will still damage her internal organs by simply her being near him.

If she can fight well, then I'll still vote her.
I think in this point she had some fights where she vomited blood and had some internal damage, though she definitely was weakened.

I think in this point she had some fights where she vomited blood and had some internal damage, though she definitely was weakened.
If she gets weakened and slower by a lot, then his chances of victory is a lot higher.

Not only will he be wary of her not having chi and spamming his ranged attacks, he will also most likely immediately emit his killing intent, and slow her. She will most likely not dodge all of his danmaku, and get injured quite a lot, but once she gets close to him, his chi absorption will **** her up, and slow her even more.

I'm currently on phone so I can't really post scans, although I'll try to post quotes later.

Basically, most people start training in martial arts once they are 6 or 7 years old.

A martial arts dude is able to know if the opponent knows martial arts by simply seeing how they walk.

A martial art expert is capable of fodderizing another without the latter being even able to graze the seams of their clothes. I initially thought it was due to strength and speed, but not only did the expert say his opponents martial arts was Inferior, the dude who got fodderized trained a **** ton, and it was explicitly stated that his martial arts got better, instead of his speed. The dude who got fodderized then stated he'd be able to go toe to toe with the dude who fodderized him, even possibly beating him.

This was only after training for a month. And despite this dudes potential being insane and having mastered a martial arts, he still said he didn't have a sliver of a chance against Dam soo cheon, who was stated to be a living prodigy praised by geniuses even much better than the fodderized dude. He was stated to be a prodigy capable of mastering new martial arts in an extremely short time frame.

And dam went toe to toe with Tae, even being able to injure him quite a lot, before eventually adapting and outright fodderizing Dam.

Although I can't say he will fodderize Shizuku in skill, he will definitely be able to hold himself pretty comfortably against her once she's damaged.

Albeit I only read the first 6 scans u sent, and I'm planning to read them all shortly. She could be much more skilled, or not depending on the other scans.

Anyways, if she can't fight as well when she's internally damaged, then I'm honestly leaning towards Incon. Both can kill the other rather well

She can use the gravity manip of her sword to counter the projectiles since she can pull and throw away them, she could also cut the gravity which make the things cut be in a weightless state. She at the beginning could probably be grazed by some of them which would hinder her movements do to the internal damage, but after that she would be more wary and use more the special tricks like the gravity manip making more difficult hit her more.

I'm pretty sure that in that month of training he become stronger and faster since as you said he 'trained a **** ton', additionally in chinese and korean works the martial arts level are directly connected with the strength and speed of the characters (even directly connected with their mind), this because martial arts strengthen their bodies, energy, mind and soul. So it would be weird that after a **** ton training he wouldn't become stronger and/or faster, specially since I assume he had a special training do to the intervention of the protagonist.

As said in the skill post she was already considered a genius by her family at the age of 4 when she first touched a sword, the same family that is the strongest ninja family and that defeated the elite forces of the rest of countries, and as you already should know do to read the first scans the skilled combatants and elites have showings backing their skill level, which should make them above the martial arts experts that you mentioned unless they have feats showing how skilled they are (which I guess you will show later when you are in the pc).

Yeah, that gravity shit would be a problem.

Also, you're probably correct now that I think about it. Most Chinese and Korean works directly connect it to like their body and soul, so it's probable.

Also, the problem here is that most of the LOTNB are just statements, no real showings. Shit like they are martial arts masters, or that they trained 24/7 and are skilled af or smth, not something like the scans you showed, which is unfortunate. Perhaps once the novel finishes, we'll have more stuff. I'm sure you know what I mean, since most Chinese novels that I read are like this (albeit maybe with the exception of Desolate Era, might make Shizuku fight against Ji Ning after this. Albeit, a sandbox is all I currently have)

Although, I still believe he's quite skilled, perhaps not as skilled as her, but he still has a sizable wincon. So it definitely ain't a stomp.

I'll go ahead and vote for Shizuku for now, mostly becuz most of the skill showings for LOTNB are statements, and that her space cut and gravity shit will cockblock him.

It's unfortunate, he can't use most of his good stuff like adaptation, full effect of Chi absorption, and his vibration manip.

Y'know, now that I think about it more, the whole martial arts = greater strength and speeds fills quite a lot of questions I had for LOTNB, not sure how I didn't think about it.

Anyways, for a future match, can Shizuku fight against people with Low-High regen? Ie regening from a single droplet of blood?

Believe me, I readed a looooot of chinese and korean novels, I had like 2 years I think or more practically only reading them, so I completely understand what you say
Anyways, for a future match, can Shizuku fight against people with Low-High regen? Ie regening from a single droplet of blood?
In this key? No, unless they have things like cores or she decide to use the spirit magic that her sword already have but that she show begin to use in the next key. In the later keys she would use the combo of spirit magic of the sword + her skill to cut things like the soul, mind or stamina, in the after stories key she can even cut curses and probably even legends/concepts based in a statement, things that characters with better control of spirit magic can't do.

Ah, so the chances of her having a fair fight against Ji Ning might be slim. Rip then.

Not only is Kousuke skilled, he can create thousands upon thousands of clones and spam durability ignoring hax, Ji Ning would have to have some good hax.

In the first place his stealth is to the point that at this point it's beyond the point of merely erasing his presence, but erasing his existence itself....

Haven't finished reading Desolate Era yet, but at the current point I'm reading (I think I'm like at book 5 to 6, or smth, ain't sure), he can regenerate from a single drop of blood, and has mastered one with the world footwork, which allows him to dodge 10000 arrows coming at him, even when it was stated to be impossible due to how limited the space between them is. Hes also dummy skilled due to shit like this, ofc. And has pretty good senses, but definitely not to the point he can sense Kousoke yet.

Albeit, after that point, he gradually gets some more abilties, and eventually, when he gets sum good hax, I'm afraid he'd be pretty far ahead of Kousoke in terms of tiering, and iirc he also gets like an ability that let's him destroy all the clones the opponent makes once he kills one of them. Along with other bs stuff.

Ofc, I ain't sure I'll be able to make a good match since he will likely just be far above Kousuke tiering.

Back