• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) VS Tae Mu-Kang (LOTNB)

What can Tae do against Douma's Lung freeze and his ice clones? He can just leave the clones with him and leave. The clones are as strong as he is.

The fact that he can adapt to the strength difference, has forcefield that reflects 3x back, and needs an attack that can one shot him to break, his attack vibrate to injure internal organs, and has life-force absorption that can make him immune to the energy of the opponent and internally damage them.

Fyi, he got one shot by a character's strong attack, and he immediately adapted to the point that an even stronger attack didn't even scratch him, and he one shotted his opponent.

His aura also slows down the opponents.

The fact that he can adapt to the strength difference, has forcefield that reflects 3x back, and needs an attack that can one shot him to break, his attack vibrate to injure internal organs, and has life-force absorption that can make him immune to the energy of the opponent and internally damage them.

Fyi, he got one shot by a character's strong attack, and he immediately adapted to the point that an even stronger attack didn't even scratch him, and he one shotted his opponent.

His aura also slows down the opponents.
I still feel like Douma could freeze him and it'd be completely unstoppable by this guy if he doesn't resist that typa stuff.

Does Tae Mu-Kang have any ways of killing or incapacitating someone with Immortality Type 3 and infinite stamina?

I still feel like Douma could freeze him and it'd be completely unstoppable by this guy if he doesn't resist that typa stuff.
Freezing won't really work when someone who is a master of ice and her attack didn't work on him. Granted they didn't freeze him from the inside but her freezing attack didn't do Jack.

How does his type 3 work? He just regenerates?
He regenerates. To be more specific he has High-Mid Regeneration that would allow him to recover if he was reduced to a head and then completely crushed. He also regenerates almost instantly. The Regeneration is an issue to the point where most demons can't kill each other because of that and consider fights against each other as for the most part futile because of that and humans generally use special swords that allow them to circumvent the Regeneration through decapitation in order to kill demons.

Don't they have a weakness against the sun?

Not to mention, I recall something about deconstruction that Tae had but I haven't added into the profile, and not sure if combat applicable.

Regardless, he will likely adapt to the point that nothing Doma does will ever damage him. Not to mention, has he ever fought against someone with life force absorption?

Not to mention, I recall something about deconstruction that Tae had but I haven't added into the profile, and not sure if combat applicable.

Regardless, he will likely adapt to the point that nothing Doma does will ever damage him. Not to mention, has he ever fought against someone with life force absorption?
He can just freeze his lungs if he even breathes, he's dead. I'm voting Douma FRA

I mean, has he ever done that? What is its range, and what can he do before he absorbs Doma's life-force?

Not to mention, can he even bypass the forcefield?

Regardless, he will likely adapt to the point that nothing Doma does will ever damage him.

Not to mention, has he ever fought against someone with life force absorption?
They have a weakness against the sun but this would require dragging Doma out of the shade or waiting until the sun rises and according to Standard Battle Assumptions it will be the beginning of the night in the Central Park of New York, so Tae Mu-Kang will need to last until sunrise and make sure that Doma is exposed to the sun which isn't easy with just athletic stamina against someone who heals from all wounds and never gets tired.

I wouldn't know much about these things.

He hasn't. How does the Life Force Absorption interact with someone who has infinite stamina and Immortality Type 1, 2 and 3?
I mean, has he ever done that? What is its range, and what can he do before he absorbs Doma's life-force?

Not to mention, can he even bypass the forcefield?
He does that all the time and he has a range of Tens of Meters with his Blood Demon Art.

Well, the freezing air with which he can freeze someone's lungs to death will be a danger as long as Tae Mu-Kang needs to breathe.

We don't really know his stamina, I just slapped Athletic cause I didn't know what to use. I do recall him fighting like, from the beginning of the night to sunrise, but I'm still not sure. He was supposed to be some monster that cannot get injured and has an immortal body that doesn't require food and shit.

Regardless, is the ice fog visible? If so, then he can definitely just... not go there. Especially when he has keen senses and can see the fog just freezing everything.

He already has a bunch of danmaku, gets stronger by the second, and if he gets attacked by any ice attack he'll just adapt to it, and his lifeforce absorption exists.

As for the immortality vs lifeforce absorption... why exactly would that matter? It's lifeforce absorption, having immortality doesn't really mean much. If he absorbed the lifeforce of someone, they cannot use any of their attacks anymore, and can barely do anything as their organs are ravished as well.

Doma actually scales to Zenitsu's feat currently which is 217.96 Tons.
Aaaaaand its a stomp then :/

Can't adapt to jack then as he'll get instantly blown away.

We don't really know his stamina, I just slapped Athletic cause I didn't know what to use. I do recall him fighting like, from the beginning of the night to sunrise, but I'm still not sure. He was supposed to be some monster that cannot get injured and has an immortal body that doesn't require food and shit.

Regardless, is the ice fog visible? If so, then he can definitely just... not go there. Especially when he has keen senses and can see the fog just freezing everything.

He already has a bunch of danmaku, gets stronger by the second, and if he gets attacked by any ice attack he'll just adapt to it, and his lifeforce absorption exists.

As for the immortality vs lifeforce absorption... why exactly would that matter? It's lifeforce absorption, having immortality doesn't really mean much. If he absorbed the lifeforce of someone, they cannot use any of their attacks anymore, and can barely do anything as their organs are ravished as well.
Okay.

Well, it isn't entirely obvious that you should avoid breathing the freezing air. Kanao avoided it due to her extremely sharp eyesight and getting warned by someone else and Inosuke avoided it due to his incredible sense of touch.

Okay.

Doma doesn't really depend on his organs to survive or do anything really. He also doesn't really run out of stamina, so if the Lifeforce Absorption stops someone from attacking by making it so that they are too tired, then that won't work on Doma. How exactly does the Lifeforce Absorption make it so that the enemy can't use their attacks anymore?

It might not work here now that I think about it, actually. Unsure how we do this stuff, but Tae's absorption makes the opponent unable to use their Chi, ie lifeforce, and causes them to be extremely weakened. Wasn't stated if it was due to lack of stamina or not.

However, if the AP of Doma is really 200+, then this match is pointless, as every attack will one shot tae. The only reason I chose him is that I thought he was 100 tons, otherwise if I was okay with 200 tons I would've just chosen Tanjiro.

Speaking of which, are there any H7C DS characters, or in the future?

It might not work here now that I think about it, actually. Unsure how we do this stuff, but Tae's absorption makes the opponent unable to use their Chi, ie lifeforce, and causes them to be extremely weakened. Wasn't stated if it was due to lack of stamina or not.

However, if the AP of Doma is really 200+, then this match is pointless, as every attack will one shot tae. The only reason I chose him is that I thought he was 100 tons, otherwise if I was okay with 200 tons I would've just chosen Tanjiro.

Speaking of which, are there any H7C DS characters, or in the future?
I'd imagine that someone who can just keep regenerating forever without issue and doesn't age or need rest would at the very least have a lot of lifeforce.

Well, there is a downgrade thread going on which would put him back to 100 Tons but some details are still being discussed.

That depends on future calculations and threads, so I can't predict anything for sure though I have some potential upgrades in mind.

The downgrade has happened and while there are upgrade ideas the match should now be viable from an Attack Potency perspective.

Wait, does that mean all 8A DS characters are 100 tons?

If so, can I change this to Tanjiro vs Tae, or should I make a separate match?

I only made it Doma vs Tae because I thought Doma was the only one who was 100 tons.

Tanjiro vs Tae is much better, I believe, since it's a protagonist vs a Villain that fought with the main protagonist from LOTNB.

I only made it Doma vs Tae because I thought Doma was the only one who was 100 tons.

Tanjiro vs Tae is much better, I believe, since it's a protagonist vs a Villain that fought with the main protagonist from LOTNB.
Okay, so it is more of a thematic matter then. You can go ahead since you are the OP.

So, how does the Chi Absorption work? Does it need direct contact or does Tae Mu-Kang have a range with it?

The range wasn't really specified, but it seems to be about a few meters as he absorbed the chi of someone that was mid flight towards him. And no, it doesn't need contact. From two instances of its use, he just points his hand and the opponent gets their energy absorbed, analyzed, and Tae will make an energy that perfectly counters it.

The range wasn't really specified, but it seems to be about a few meters as he absorbed the chi of someone that was mid flight towards him. And no, it doesn't need contact. From two instances of its use, he just points his hand and the opponent gets their energy absorbed, analyzed, and Tae will make an energy that perfectly counters it.
What sort of factors make it more difficult for him to use or decrease its effectiveness?

...? I don't think i understand what you mean? Do you mean what could make his absorption less useful? If so, we aren't given anything on how it becomes less useful.

It didn't work on the main Mc because he had resistance to it, and he had a special kind of chi. Other than that, it works on everyone else, even potentially dudes who are High 7C.

...? I don't think i understand what you mean? Do you mean what could make his absorption less useful? If so, we aren't given anything on how it becomes less useful.

It didn't work on the main Mc because he had resistance to it, and he had a special kind of chi. Other than that, it works on everyone else, even potentially dudes who are High 7C.
Yeah, details like that.

That makes sense for a hax ability. How long does it take for the ability to render an opponent unable to fight? Do stamina or constitution have any effects here or are they irrelevant?

How long does it take for the ability to render an opponent unable to fight?
Pretty much instantaneously, as a dude who flew towards him literally stopped mid-flight because his Chi got ravaged and couldn't use his abilities for some time.
Do stamina or constitution have any effects here or are they irrelevant?
No mention about them at all, and I doubt they even matter. Dudes who could fight while injured or one of the best martial arts geniuses in the world who continuously train got rendered useless after he got his chi absorbed, and he couldn't do shit.

Pretty much instantaneously, as a dude who flew towards him literally stopped mid-flight because his Chi got ravaged and couldn't use his abilities for some time.

No mention about them at all, and I doubt they even matter. Dudes who could fight while injured or one of the best martial arts geniuses in the world who continuously train got rendered useless after he got his chi absorbed, and he couldn't do shit.
Does that mean Tanjiro would approach him to try to strike him with his sword and then be unable to complete that strike?

What exactly are we supposed to discuss then?
The fact that Tae wouldn't use it immediately, and likes to **** around with his opponents. Hell, he didn't use it against one of the dudes until he got beaten into a pulp.

Although once he senses real danger, he will opt to use it.

The fact that Tae wouldn't use it immediately, and likes to **** around with his opponents. Hell, he didn't use it against one of the dudes until he got beaten into a pulp.

Although once he senses real danger, he will opt to use it.
Okay, so it's about Tanjiro defeating him before he gets a chance to use that.

Tanjiro is used to fighting opponents with Regeneration that he can only kill by decapitating and where he can't rely on outlasting them due to their infinite stamina, so if he uses his typical approach to combat, then he will utilize his analytical mind to find the best way to decapitate his opponent as soon as possible which should kill his opponent instantly if he succeeds. It helps that Tanjiro's opponent is a malicious non-human being, so there won't be much hesitation. The forcefield would probably be a major obstacle to Tanjiro decapitating Tae Mu-Kang but he does have a sizable Attack Potency advantage and Tae Mu-Kang's neck itself shouldn't be an issue since Tanjiro can generally decapitate those he is comparable to and his sword is of high quality.

The forcefield would be a problem here, not to mention, his aura can slow down peeps a bit, and the fact that his physical attacks send his force inside the opponents body.

His forcefield reflects damage at 3x, and if it did broke, and Tanjiro manged to cut Tae but not kill him, then you might as well assume it's over for Tanjiro due to Tae's reactive evolution. Dude will become much stronger than Tanjiro, to the point none of his attacks will work on him.

BTW Tae is no slouch by any means, dude beats the **** out of martial artists like it's nothing, and beat one of the most skilled martial art master in the verse.

He also has danmaku, which has been described similar to rain.

his aura can slow down peeps a bit, and the fact that his physical attacks send his force inside the opponents body.

His forcefield reflects damage at 3x, and if it did broke, and Tanjiro manged to cut Tae but not kill him, then you might as well assume it's over for Tanjiro due to Tae's reactive evolution. Dude will become much stronger than Tanjiro, to the point none of his attacks will work on him.

BTW Tae is no slouch by any means, dude beats the **** out of martial artists like it's nothing, and beat one of the most skilled martial art master in the verse.

He also has danmaku, which has been described similar to rain.
Isn't it based on killing intent and therefore his Fear Manipulation? Tanjiro resists Fear Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement is arguably more severe than merely being slowed down. Tanjiro can also predict his opponent's attacks via smell and through Transparent World he views the world in slow motion and can make predictions of his opponent's movements by directly observing their muscles and blood flow, so he should be able to see these attacks coming and be able to dodge them.

That would rely on Tanjiro missing Tae's neck or aiming at his limbs to make him an easier target. It doesn't seem like as if Tae's Regeneration allows him to reattach or regrow lost limbs.

Tanjiro in this key is described as being on the level of a Pillar with the Pillars being the strongest demon slayers of the Demon Slayer Corps. This statement comes from Giyu who is part of the generation of Pillars in the events of the story and his generation is considered to be the most formidable one of the last 500 years. He also wields the Breath of the Sun which is a style of swordsmanship that is so hard to master that no one outside of his family or the inventor of the style was ever able to learn it even if they were highly accomplished swordsmen or extremely talented and there are two characters in the story who managed to become Pillars two months after they first picked up a sword.

Tanjiro managed to dodge Akaza's Danmaku attack which consisted of a hundred invisible shockwaves from all directions without Akaza noticing that Tanjiro managed to dodge it until Tanjiro began to speak while he was behind Akaza.

Back