• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that Shinza may deserve deletion. Not only are the profiles badly outdated and most of the knowledgable people have left, but the main reason for why the may deserve axing until improvement is that the verse is extremely obscure and is only in a foreign language.

So unlike a outdated verse such as LOTR, Elder Scrolls, or DC, in which they are accessible in English, Shinza is near impossible to access, much less understand.

Last edited:
You missed the chance of making Hajun vs 3812. Thematically fitting match as current 3812 is pretty much what Hajun used to be before the downgrades.
Not really a fair match, 3812 is infinitely above baseline while old Hajun is immeasurably above it, which means 3812 passively stomps

I don't mind deleting them but again, this isn't JUST about deleting Shinza if you're discussing it, this would then leave a sitewide precedent that NEEDS to be properly agreed upon, that if the verse supporters just give up completely and unanimously, it is fine to wipe the verse entire, including what the formerly active supporters thought was okay to be listed.

Like you yourself can see how this can be exploited later down the line, right?

I don't mind deleting them but again, this isn't JUST about deleting Shinza if you're discussing it, this would then leave a sitewide precedent that NEEDS to be properly agreed upon, that if the verse supporters just give up completely and unanimously, it is fine to wipe the verse entire, including what the formerly active supporters thought was okay to be listed.

I do think its fair to make some rules/standards for this sort of thing.

@The_Impress I guess that’s fine, if there is a verse that is in shambles and supporters are not willing to fix it or they have given up I guess it can be deleted
But I hope the wiki backs up all deleted files somewhere?

We can discuss a staff rule about this, although I think Shinza is a special case due to it's obscurity and it being language locked

Given that literally nobody is willing to make changes to the verse anymore even with all its inaccuracy, I think a deletion is warranted

Actually, I'm going to mention that we don't delete verses just because no one is supporting its indexing anymore (otherwise I'd argue we could delete over half of the site), we delete verses when their contents are proven to be too inaccurate (See: Demonbane).
Until that's done this verse has no good reason to be deleted, I'm afraid.

If the only problem was the lack of supporters then I would be against the deletion considering that there are many verses that have a low number of knowlogeable members and have revisions with low participation.
However, the fact that it's untraslated is indeed a problem considering that with a low number of supporters it would be hard for new ones to try and adjust the verse, meaning that the more changes will be made to the wiki the more their profiles will be outdated.
So for now I am in favor of a deletion, but only because Shinza is a peculiar case and the same should not be done to other verses with a low numbers of supporters.

The important part is being untranslated. We deleted the verse with Undoubetly the First for that reason

Like said above, the issue isn't just that it's supporters gave up, or that there's inaccuracies, or it's untranslated

It's the combination of all of those, which leads to a verse that the knowledgeable members know needs to be fixed, but are unwilling/unable to do anymore, and outsiders are basically incapable of fixing themselves

You do remember that Dies Irae is translated? The prequels and sequels might contain some details on the Gods (which we have scans and the previous translations of still), but their not the whole verse.

As for the Paradise Lost and Kajiri Kamui Kagura profiles. I'd prefer they stick around until the system changes in a way that they don't follow the standard and no one has enough knowledge to make them fit. Because, as far as we know, they are accurate and had alot of work to put into them to make them a suitable quality.

Last edited:
Is "Paradise Lost" translated? Is there at least a fan made translation? Because having the "prequel" and the "sequel", and I'm talking about "Dies Irae" here, would make things a little bit easier in regards of continuity and plot.

We have scans and translations in the profile and CRT. It doesn't have a full translation, but what we do have seems to be understandable and complete enough that even I could update it if their were some not too major changes to the Wiki's system and powers, and we have no reason to suspect some Demonbane type stuff is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back