• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinza banshou discussion thread~Revival~

since when are gods affected by their law? That's never been a thing lol

Yato using his law on himself is litteraly his main way of fighting
Every Gudo basically affect themselves with their laws for obvious reason
The entire plot of Dies Irae is based on Mercurius's law, which also has for main craving one that directly affects him
Rindou lost her "curse" of being a Apoptosis through her law (this one is kinda more vague/complex though)

And should we include Pseudo-Gods, you have Ootake and Sukuna as the most blatant example, litteraly falling to their demise partly due to their own law or Tokoyo's, which include her as one of the sacrifices.

The only way for it to "never have been a thing" would be if you only use works without God in them to begin with.

Bruh...that's an application, I don't really think you can really say that counts.
It definitely counts as being affected by his law no matter how you look at it.
It's his craving that affects him, not his actual law.
Craving litteraly is what makes your law...

Not having a craving = you don't have an actual law (Yakou's case at the beginning of K3 being an odd case)
Changing your craving = you have another law (Ren, Marie, etc...)
Losing your craving = you lose your law

It's like saying "I didn't harm you, it's my punch which did so".

It definitely counts as being affected by his law no matter how you look at it.
In what way? He's literally just using it to make an "armor". It's a mere application of his law, not that it actually affects him.

Craving litteraly is what makes your law...
Cravings are what your law is based on. If your craving is to not be able to die or whatever, your law will be a manifestation of that craving.

In what way? He's literally just using it to make an "armor". It's a mere application of his law, not that it actually affects him.
You do realize he's not litteraly wearing an armor right? It just stops his personal time, as shown since Dies Irae.
He also litteraly uses time acceleration on himself.

@QuasiYuri this may be derailing and not actually relevant to this thread but can you please clarify on the requirements for low 2C?
like the affecting the entire time (Past, present and future) part.

Not how that works. I think you're mistaking that for having no morality. Mithra having no emotions doesn't mean good/evil stuff doesn't affect her.
Also it's kinda logic for the good/evil shitz to not affect someone without emotions.

Sorry but this is outright false, Mitra is a very emotional person and the thing that set apart from the others is that she's constantly suppressing her anger, not that she lacks it.

Sorry but this is outright false, Mitra is a very emotional person and the thing that set apart from the others is that she's constantly suppressing her anger, not that she lacks it.
I was referring to the suppressing anger commandment part.

I didn't mean that she had no emotions, I was basing it off what he said. I'm pretty sure she shows emotions even in Pantheon.

Yo. It's been a while since i posted here.

I think the gods may be beyond the dualistic concepts in their mandalas, because Methuselah and light were dualistic concepts of darkness and light, and the gods transcended them, It was even said that Methuselah, the concept of darkness, could create a non-dual void by removing his darkness and his existence was lower than Atziluth, it was actually said that concepts are only half one step ahead of Bri'ah. There were also other dualistic conceptual abstractions such as fire and water in the past. Infinite 4D universes and everything else in creation are also part of those mandalas and the gods transcended them, so I do not think that if the laws of the gods affect each other, it means that they are not beyond those dualities.

Even if you are not satisfied that they are beyond all dualities, they should still have type 1 (Specific Transduality), because they are clearly beyond dualistic concepts such as darkness, light, fire and water. Dualistic concepts are only part of the canvas.

0b683bf52346e7471aad73e55fc15a170388fafar1-766-1287v2_hq.jpg

Is mercurius really holding the singularity in his hand? This probably means gods do have transcendence over their own singularity.

0b683bf52346e7471aad73e55fc15a170388fafar1-766-1287v2_hq.jpg

Is mercurius really holding the singularity in his hand? This probably means gods do have transcendence over their own singularity.
I'm really starting to get annoyed by how people's memory is that of a goldfish.

They both litteraly fought in the Singularity at the same plane as the Throne.
Besides, the guy litteraly associate existence (the canvas) with Singularity (which is out of it) as synonyms.

Jumping to conclusions with a guy stating a random thing with obviously weird stuff to begin with is why Shinza knowledge sucks in VS debatting.

I'm really starting to get annoyed by how people's memory is that of a goldfish.

They both litteraly fought in the Singularity at the same plane as the Throne.
Besides, the guy litteraly associate existence (the canvas) with Singularity (which is out of it) as synonyms.

Jumping to conclusions with a guy stating a random thing with obviously weird stuff to begin with is why Shinza knowledge sucks in VS debatting.
just a heads-up, that scan isn't mine. Saw it randomly in comicvine, got curious so decided to ask here.

I mean, it's easy to get that kind of interpretation when there's a blatant statement that the singularity is on the paper.
And I don't understand why then fighting in Singularity has anything to do with this. Ren fought Reinhard on earth despite having some sort of transcendence over it. It's not too easy to depict all this.

And singularity is literally considered a part of the paper, and throne exist to protect the papers destruction. If one says singularity and throne are on the same plane one has to claim throne is also on the paper. And if it is, why the **** does it even exist for protecting the paper ? Too much inconsistency in claiming that.

And I don't understand why then fighting in Singularity has anything to do with this. Ren fought Reinhard on earth despite having some sort of transcendence over it. It's not too easy to depict all this.
I meant based on Yuri's comment about how the singularity isn't part of existence, which is what the scan is referring to.

And singularity is literally considered a part of the paper, and throne exist to protect the papers destruction. If one says singularity and throne are on the same plane one has to claim throne is also on the paper. And if it is, why the **** does it even exist for protecting the paper ? Too much inconsistency in claiming that.
The singularity is technically "under" the paper, or beyond the paper, which is explicitely stated in DI, even in the JP version. It would be more like a hole through the paper rather than a hole on paper. The throne is there to contain the god's outflow, so that it doesn't destroy literally everything. The singularity is below the throne, it's even stated that the throne transcends the singularity along with the numerous statements of the singularity being a blank slate or whatever

The singularity is technically "under" the paper, or beyond the paper, which is explicitely stated in DI, even in the JP version. It would be more like a hole through the paper rather than a hole on paper. The throne is there to contain the god's outflow, so that it doesn't destroy literally everything. The singularity is below the throne, it's even stated that the throne transcends the singularity along with the numerous statements of the singularity being a blank slate or whatever
I think you said what I wanted to say but better. Also do you have that statement from dies irae ?

I think you said what I wanted to say but better. Also do you have that statement from dies irae ?
If you're referring to the throne transcending the singularity statement, that's actually from Pantheon. The only real implications of a transcendence in DI were the statements of the singularity being nothing but a blank slate to the gods

The translation definitely sounds unnatural.
Easy to wank, tho

Edit: In all seriousness, we should probably work to find the original JP version and compare it. Perhaps it could give more info on the singularity and their relationship with it, which would only help the understanding we have of the series

Last edited:
Back