• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinza banshou discussion thread~Revival~

That doesn’t sound healthy. Seek help is what I’m saying. Losing an argument isn’t a death sentence.
Dude, I know that lol. I'm just stubborn, not like I think a debate is a fight to the death in a gladiator ring.

Let's quit derailing this though.
It's litteraly just explained to be just him scheming and rewinding.
Otherwise routes like Kasumi wouldn't exist.

Besides the Kasumi point, his countless try go against that.
Also that's kinda ignoring the entire metaphorical theme that starts since chapter 1 for "lol plot manip".
Hard agree with this.

That’s not what happens here though, it’s stated later that, since machina’s fists bring an end to all stories what ren was doing was creating a new story every single time he got hit. It’s closer to resurrection then resistance. In fact theyres been no one in the DI that has actually tanked dues ex machina, even merc only repels it.
It’s more or less that ren kept his history at zero constantly

How does Ren keeping his history at 0 even work? I mean, I understand it, but not how he did it. Stopping time doesn't mean you're tied directly to the present, it just means time is stopped.

How does Ren keeping his history at 0 even work? I mean, I understand it, but not how he did it. Stopping time doesn't mean you're tied directly to the present, it just means time is stopped.
Machina requires history to flow for his briah to work. Ren froze it, basically making it zero.

This might be the biggest meme hax thing I’ve ever seen.

I know how Volsung saga works, but stopping time doesn't mean you can just tie yourself to the present... I think?
Yeah, but Ren’s law does make shit happen to present. That’s why his briah can’t really do much. His time freeze keeps everything at zero. Life, death, erasure, kasumi, everything is at zero. That’s why it’s such an op ability

I used to disagree with this, but I kind of agree. I don’t think it should be taken away right now, but it’s definitely very flowery
I think it's fine as it is. It has a possibly rating along with "likely metaphorical". All of this already makes that seem non existent.
But if u want to gg that then I won't defend it

Yeah, but Ren’s law does make shit happen to present. That’s why his briah can’t really do much. His time freeze keeps everything at zero. Life, death, erasure, kasumi, everything is at zero. That’s why it’s such an op ability
I guess Dies Irae was to philosophical for me to the point I simplified his Law to mere time freeze lol.

I think it's fine as it is. It has a possibly rating along with "likely metaphorical". All of this already makes that seem non existent.
But if u want to gg that then I won't defend it
No, I think it should stay. But this was just clarification of ren’s ability

That is verbatim what you said.

Totally not what you said, right?
No, no, no. Seek help was directed at fighting so much even though you know you're losing when you're stubborn. "Losing an argument is not a death sentence" is an add-on, insinuating it's okay to lose. I don't know how you could possibly interpret it any differently.

No, no, no. Seek help was directed at fighting so much even though you know you're losing when you're stubborn. "Losing an argument is not a death sentence" is an add-on, insinuating it's okay to lose. I don't know how you could possibly interpret it any differently.
That doesn’t require help, just an understanding that one isn’t living in an anime, which people somehow seem to forget sometimes lol

I mean, to be fair, we all kinda just devolved into trolling about Reinhard being hot so there wasn't any real hostility :/

That doesn’t require help, just an understanding that one isn’t living in an anime, which people somehow seem to forget sometimes lol
I’m saying it from the perspective who does it, and or, at least, tries not to.

I mean, to be fair, we all kinda just devolved into trolling about Reinhard being hot so there wasn't any real hostility :/
That’s fine.

Nigh omniscience? Sure, but omniscience? No. Other than maybe nerose who has basically no anti-feats to my memory
I meant nigh-omniscient, since literally of all of Dies Irae is just one big anti-feat for full on omniscient.

Couldn't we just make a new section of the God Physiology page called "Throne" or whatever, listing what abilities Hadou get when on the throne?

It’s due to them all having the same ability for it. Even then, the Tengan does make it clairvoyance rather than omniscience
But throne gods are getting nigh omniscient because they know everything about it after they emanate their own world.

Back