• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread II

Out of all of the Fiends, The White Rider is my personal favorite! God's Bow is easily the coolest move in the game! I haven't tried it yet, but imagine putting Light Pierce from Cleopatra onto him. Everything(Except Bosses) just DIES INSTANTLY.

@Albane that is good. But what i need is the scene where they stated that the barrier was holding the Septentriones down to City level :/

@blah well... i did forgot about the Dragon Stream :p my bad

given it has somekind of limited Higher-Dimension manipulation (Yamato using it to fix Hibiki's datas) it's acceptable to says that they have reconstructed onto the higher dimension. Look like Polaris wont need a new KEY, after all :3

For Belial... i dont know :/ he didnt actually show much relationship to the other demons, other than going around and spoiling Alice. Well, i guess you can scail him to Jezebel and Beelzebub in DeSu Overlocked

2-A Trumpeter, Four Riders, Mastema and Mother Harlot?

Didnt we already argree about At least 2-A Masterma ? o3o /

Off topic : Since we now have some good character profiles now. I think it's time to make some matches for them :p Any good opponent for Nanashi or Krishna ?

Isn't Light Pierce from Cleopatra a unique skill for her? The only way you can get Light Pierce onto White Rider is to evolve it from something.

Hopefully, they have more of the drugs they were on by the time of SMT V, because moves this insane are what we need

Didnt we already have amageddon (Persona 2) as the "complete insane instant kill" ? lol

I dunno who'd be a good match for Krishna.

Well, actually i already made one for him

well, we should add the new profiles to SMT verse page, that for sure

but everyone seem kinda...Neutral... i mean, Even YHVH is Evil-Neutral in this game as well

How about instead of alignments, we place them in accordance to Race? And insert a small explanation to what that race is. And then at the next to the character portrayal, we list that individual demon's alignment

I hate to be a thorn in anybody's side, but will Flynn and the Samurai(along with Lucifer and Merkabah possibly? :) be upgraded like some of the other characters who appear in Apocalypse

Not sure that would be SMT V o3o

Remember, this is "SMT anniversary projects" So it's could be another spin-off or something

Heh, since it's written as "ProjectS" then that would mean multiple games would come out. Atlus sure have gone crazy after they recieved the budget from Persona 5

99% it is SMT V.

The symbol is an inverted-pentagram, i.e, a 5-Pointed Star.

And note the numbers surrounding its corners:

I (1992), II (1994), III (2003), IV (2013). All those are the dates of Shin Megami Tensei I - IV, respectively.

The final corner simply has the word "Next" written on it, indicating a continuation of the numbers.

i Hope the Next SMT5 will have all good things of SMT 1/2/3/StrangeJourney/4/Final/AND SOME sPIN-OFF LIKE DDS1/2.

besides, we need to see again the amala networks, Arkana coridor, the Askashic records, more violence, explicit things.

i believe will have more skills...a lot of thems for the gameplay and something more broken than Allmighty skills :v

Lol, i will object that, Extreme

Amala Network? Doomed for good

Akashic Record? I dont think it's neseccary, in AO's route. The AR got protected by our Protagonist, whom became the current Administrator, i would say it's the best ending for the game now. In Yamato's route, entire humanity abbandoned the AR and created a world where there are no need for the administrators and their forces. If Atlus working another DeSu game, just make another multiverse :3

Errr... i dont much about Akarana Corridor to say so i will leave it aside ^__^"

I will just hope that new games will give us more knowledge about the transendence beings like Stephen, Mido and Saint Germaint. Maybe it's also good to see The Axiom takes more role too.

Welp, just dont bring back the damned YHVH :U

I would definetly like to know about more Stephen, but I feel like that would ruin some of his character. Plus, I think you can read up on Stephen in Apocalypse.

My opinions on what Shin Megami Tensei V could be about:

• One: Lovecraftian Mythology. Megaten has flirted with Cthulhu Mythos over the years, but has never fully dived into it. Making a game centered around the likes of Nyarlathotep, Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth and the like could be really interesting.
  • Two: Pagan Mythology. Ignore Angels and Demons, and let's make a game entirely about mythology. Bring in Olympian Deities, Egyptian Gods, more Norse figures after Odin was given a role in Apocalypse. Maybe more Hinduism, etc.
  • Three: Middle-Eastern Polytheism. YHVH is gone for good, but there's nothing impeding an aspect of him from surviving, and since YHVH as a deity derives from Caananite and Sumerian Religion (The Chief Deities El and Anu), this could be interesting to explore. It would also give the likes of Asherah, Ishtar and Baal large roles.
  • Four: Perhaps the most controversial: Gnosticism. YHVH is pretty much the Gnostic Demiurge, anyway, being a false and evil deity who created the physical world. So let's go further with that. Let Sophia be a character, and so be the Archons and Aeons.

So who exactly is the real "God" here? Like I guess The Great Will is the supreme god. But is he supposed to be the "religious" God or something?

The Great Will / Axiom is a... concept / state of being behind all existence, from who YHVH disconnected as a rogue aspect, and formed existence.

The Axiom is Neutral / Benevolent, and gave humans free will and consciousness, the ability to alter reality through their Observation / Understanding.

YHVH's primary goal is to perpetuate the cycle of suffering forever, through the conflict between Law and Chaos across all universes. Angels seek to maintain YHVH's order as the one true God, while Lucifer and his fallen demons oppose him and seek to overthrone him. Deities, born sometimes out of Human Observation of Natural Phenomena, or through YHVH's own rejection, seek to assert themselves as the rulers of existence, or return to their former glory.

Their main weapon in the conflict are humans, who can shape reality and demons through understanding... particularly Messiahs, who are special humans whose Observation is far greater than others and can truly perform impossible feats.

I don't mean to interrupt, but why is everyone Immeasurable in Speed and Lifting Strength again? No matter how ubiquitous it is for the verse, it only makes sense to justify it on their profiles as per our Wiki standards.

Because demon gods exist beyond time and physics altogether, and can even have universes as extension of their selves.

Because putting that for the 2-As would actually be downplaying. I think it should be used for Low 2-Cs and 2-Cs.

Back